• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Of course you wont tell us who it was. Whats the point of coming here and saying it if you cant prove it? Its only a few days, we can wait.

I expect an announcement and maybe a video showcasing some new graphics and maybe ONE new character. It will be next year before we see a video like the one that revealed Metaknight, ZSS, Wario and such.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Inb4hewonttellyouwhothepmwasfrom

I expect an announcement and maybe a video showcasing some new graphics and maybe ONE new character. It will be next year before we see a video like the one that revealed Metaknight, ZSS, Wario and such.
I personally think someone is trolling me for the "lulz". But I will ask him anyway (about newcomers). We will find out anyway no later than Wednesday. So only half a week left of this insanity hopefully.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
and hopefully it won't be called Super Smash Brothers Paradise

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I actually expect it to just use the number 4. Its far enough along that they don't need subtitles.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
$10 says CB convinced himself to bust out that tale because of this.

Hope is irrational, but don't let that stop you, no sir.
What? I personally don't think we will be seeing Smash 4, and personally I don't trust stuff that comes out of the anus of the internet (4ch).

The rumor from that Cactus guys says that Smash 4 will be called "Paradise" and that the only newcomer we will be seeing will be Mega Man Volnutt. If that happens I will be convinced that Sakurai has jumped the shark.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Thats obviously fake. Its on 4chan lol
He also said Zelda Universe was the 25th anniversary game, when thats just some website's name.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Thats obviously fake. Its on 4chan lol
He also said Zelda Universe was the 25th anniversary game, when thats just some website's name.
The reason that NeoGaf is starting Cactus's statements a little seriously is that two of the games on his list (Contra and Snatcher) have been confirmed.

I wonder how many people will blow up if Smash 4 is really called "Paradise" and the only newcomer they show is Mega Man Volnutt. Volnutt is possibly the least popular incarnation of Mega Man outside of the Battle Network games. However, the only two reasons I could possibly see for including him over other Mega Man incarnations is that Legends 3 is in development and that Volnutt was already a playable character in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Other than that, a really bone-headed move. There being only one newcomer will probably cement the fact that we will be seeing far fewer newcomers than previous Smash titles.

Three more days....

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
The reason that NeoGaf is starting Cactus's statements a little seriously is that two of the games on his list (Contra and Snatcher) have been confirmed.

I wonder how many people will blow up if Smash 4 is really called "Paradise" and the only newcomer they show is Mega Man Volnutt. Volnutt is possibly the least popular incarnation of Mega Man outside of the Battle Network games. However, the only two reasons I could possibly see for including him over other Mega Man incarnations is that Legends 3 is in development and that Volnutt was already a playable character in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Other than that, a really bone-headed move. There being only one newcomer will probably cement the fact that we will be seeing far fewer newcomers than previous Smash titles.

Three more days....
I just can't believe it for that sole reason.

There is no way they would only give us just 1 newcomer, especially one that isn't that popular to begin with.

If it were a 3ds port of Brawl, I could imagine them not adding any or just a few, but even in that case i would expect at least 3 to justify it.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
With e3 coming up, I just hope Nintendo reveals SSB4 on Nintendo Cafe.

Also, is Sakurai gonna be involved in anyway with the upcoming project?

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Three more days....
Megaman Volnutt? I...I don't know what to feel...? I mean I love the Legends games and all but really? I'd really REALLY hate to miss out on all of the wonderful Classic Megaman tracks just because somebody made the boneheaded move to use the one incarnation with the least games and second worst popularity. If they really wanted to use somebody other than Classic Megaman give me X or heck even Zero!

Another reason people are taking Cactus more seriously is because he also nailed the 3DS specs before anyone else did. Plus he has just accurately predicted the new Contra and Snatcher game.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
i hope you're not serious with boney. i'd understand Duck Hunt Dog for the lulz like pichu but this is the first i've heard of boney... also, on DHD, never, ever mention it. i have my guns cocked for the next new guy to suggest it.
id love it if kumatora made it in... but my fanboy pick is megaman x... he has a better selection for moves and i really really hate it when people suggest it for mega man (classic) to have rush use rush jet or rush coil... it makes me want to cuss... i don't usually use bad language on the internet or in life.
geez, why'd spydr leave?
It was a fanboy pick, meaning (or at least I thought) a ridiculous pick that stands no chance but you would think would be cool if they somehow made it. I see no harm in that. I'm not a new guy. Just look the date I joined this site. It was right after the official nintendo forum was shutdown and I had been talking about smash there since Brawl was announced. Then I started to look for sites to join after this, joined many and after awhile end up sticking with Nsider2. I've now decided to return back to the smashboards.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
mmmmmmmmmmm'kay. then i suppose MMX is not really my fanboy pick as i actually believe he'd make for a better fighter than his big brother in every way.

mine is Daisy. wearing her mario strikers outfit. i guess i like that earth move she used in strikers. and i like her voice... i like her tomboy attitude and for that i'd give her the strikers outfit as a primary.

it will never be done the way i want it...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Megaman Volnutt? I...I don't know what to feel...? I mean I love the Legends games and all but really? I'd really REALLY hate to miss out on all of the wonderful Classic Megaman tracks just because somebody made the boneheaded move to use the one incarnation with the least games and second worst popularity. If they really wanted to use somebody other than Classic Megaman give me X or heck even Zero!

Another reason people are taking Cactus more seriously is because he also nailed the 3DS specs before anyone else did. Plus he has just accurately predicted the new Contra and Snatcher game.
The "moment of truth" for Cactus will be the true name for the Wii 2/Project Cafe. Cactus has said that the Cafe's true name is going to be "Current". If its called "Current" it will be the "ROB moment" (basically the point to which the leak is probably 95% the real deal), and all hell we break loose.

I think that people will take a Smash 4 reveal as Cactus described worse than the reveal of Melee or Brawl's roster. When most people say "Mega Man" on their roster wishlists, its obviously classic Mega Man (with a minority being X).

Cactus said the reveal trailer for "Paradise" takes place on a beach with the Smash characters relaxing However, Donkey Kong spikes a volleyball into Captain Falcon's helmet which causes a weird chain reaction that begins a brawl between the Smash fighters. For the fight to be broken up, Mega Man Volnutt is called in.

Sure it might be humorous, but people will be turned off by three things:
1. Paradise.
2. One newcomer
3. Volnutt

refugee

Smash Journeyman
mmmmmmmmmmm'kay. then i suppose MMX is not really my fanboy pick as i actually believe he'd make for a better fighter than his big brother in every way.

mine is Daisy. wearing her mario strikers outfit. i guess i like that earth move she used in strikers. and i like her voice... i like her tomboy attitude and for that i'd give her the strikers outfit as a primary.

it will never be done the way i want it...
Yeah that's what I was confused about when I saw someone suggesting Ridely. Well if Daisy were to make it in SSB then all they would have to is to give more characters different outfits and your dream would come true. : P

The "moment of truth" for Cactus will be the true name for the Wii 2/Project Cafe. Cactus has said that the Cafe's true name is going to be "Current". If its called "Current" it will be the "ROB moment" (basically the point to which the leak is probably 95% the real deal), and all hell we break loose.

I think that people will take a Smash 4 reveal as Cactus described worse than the reveal of Melee or Brawl's roster. When most people say "Mega Man" on their roster wishlists, its obviously classic Mega Man (with a minority being X).

Cactus said the reveal trailer for "Paradise" takes place on a beach with the Smash characters relaxing However, Donkey Kong spikes a volleyball into Captain Falcon's helmet which causes a weird chain reaction that begins a brawl between the Smash fighters. For the fight to be broken up, Mega Man Volnutt is called in.

1. Paradise.
2. One newcomer
3. Volnutt
Please tell me that this is just an elaborate lie so I can sleep well at night. Or are you saying only one character is revealed in the trailer? Not just one newcomer for the game?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Please tell me that this is just an elaborate lie so I can sleep well at night. Or are you saying only one character is revealed in the trailer? Not just one newcomer for the game?
We won't know this is a lie until Tuesday, when the Cafe's name is revealed, which will either discredit or vindicate Cactus. He has said the Cafe's true name is "Current".

The rumor has it there being "one" newcomer for the reveal, not for the entire game. At the very least I would expect some sort of flavor-of-the-month Pokemon to get a spot as a newcomer in the final release. However, the lack of newcomers for the reveal makes it seem as though we will probably be getting fewer newcomers than any other Smash Bros. game released thus far.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

1. Paradise.
2. One newcomer
3. Volnutt
If that is true it appears as though Nintendo would be attempting to replicate the old Smash Bros 64 commercial that was rather ingenious. The "Paradise" tag is a little weird, the one newcomer doesn't really bother me as this is probably very early in development and they just rushed to put something together. But Volnutt? Very odd indeed, but oh well I won't complain too much if they just make sure we have some decent selections of Megaman music from all the series.

But I'll call it right now, his stage will be Kattleox Island and expect to hear Flutter Vs. The Gesselschaft!

As for the name "Current", I always envision the noun form (ie current of water) and not the adjective one particularly.

Something else I will say, if Megaman Volnutt get's in simply because he has a game being developed for the 3DS. Then there is no excuse for not having some type of Dragon Quest content... IV, V, VI, XI, X, and all subsequent spin-offs all for Nintendo consoles. Plus Nintendo is personally handling the series and expanding it in the West. No excuse Nintendo... If I can get Nintendo points off of these games, than the least you can give me is a freaking stage. ;_;

refugee

Smash Journeyman
We won't know this is a lie until Tuesday, when the Cafe's name is revealed, which will either discredit or vindicate Cactus. He has said the Cafe's true name is "Current".

The rumor has it there being "one" newcomer for the reveal, not for the entire game. At the very least I would expect some sort of flavor-of-the-month Pokemon to get a spot as a newcomer in the final release. However, the lack of newcomers for the reveal makes it seem as though we will probably be getting fewer newcomers than any other Smash Bros. game released thus far.
I actually like they are only revealing one newcomer then. It'll keep the game more mysterious, something fans said that Brawl was lacking severely by the time it was released. Maybe that''s the reason why they are only revealing one character?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I actually like they are only revealing one newcomer then. It'll keep the game more mysterious, something fans said that Brawl was lacking severely by the time it was released. Maybe that''s the reason why they are only revealing one character?
That and as I said they probably are very early in development and just had to throw something together, so to speak.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
You cant really base anything off of that then. They might just want to reveal one to get people hyped and as you said, its mysterious. Im sure there will be atleast 5 or 6 other newcomers but they will be announced later on.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
That and as I said they probably are very early in development and just had to throw something together, so to speak.
This too ^^^

Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic? I can see them screwing us over like that. :( Make sure to complain anyways so Nintendo knows that we actually want a good amount of characters at launch. Also DLC. :)

You cant really base anything off of that then. They might just want to reveal one to get people hyped and as you said, its mysterious. Im sure there will be atleast 5 or 6 other newcomers but they will be announced later on.
I hope it's more then just 5-6 newcomers or else it better be released day 1 with the new console and have DLC (free till at least they get to a proper amount of characters) to compensate.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Yeah, hopefully. It would be the first SSB release title, but it would single handedly sell the console.

I just now saw on G4 that a Zone of Enders collection was confirmed, and iv seen a leaked list with it on it, but i dont recall where and whether it had SSB4 on it or not.

Weyard

Smash Apprentice
The way I understood it from a glance was that he claims there was only 1 newcomer, period. Not just shown in the trailer, but that there was only going to be ONE (Megaman Volnutt)

So was I wrong in that assumption? He just meant that there was just one in the trailer?

I'm really feeling a bit better about Cactus's story then if thats the case.

This too ^^^

Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic? I can see them screwing us over like that. :( Make sure to complain anyways so Nintendo knows that we actually want a good amount of characters at launch. Also DLC. :)

I hope it's more then just 5-6 newcomers or else it better be released day 1 with the new console and have DLC (free till at least they get to a proper amount of characters) to compensate.
There should be no problem finishing it in time for a release game if they're only giving us 5-6 newcomers, especially if it's built on top of Brawl instead of new engines and everything.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
The way I understood it from a glance was that he claims there was only 1 newcomer, period. Not just shown in the trailer, but that there was only going to be ONE (Megaman Volnutt)

So was I wrong in that assumption? He just meant that there was just one in the trailer?

There should be no problem finishing it in time for a release game if they're only giving us 5-6 newcomers, especially if it's built on top of Brawl instead of new engines and everything.
Lol yeah that's what I thought too. I was like "What the ****?" Yeah he meant only one was being revealed in the trailer. What that means is anyone's guess.

EDIT Just looked up Megaman Volnutt. http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/MegaMan_Volnutt He doesn't seem bad at all. Sure he's not classic Megaman but at least he's not the EXE one either.http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/12075/251449-153327-megaman-exe_large.jpg

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Well, if he DID mean Megaman was the only newcomer, then we know hes lying because either Isaac/Matthew, Little Mac, Ridley or a new Pokemon Rep WILL be in it. Thats pretty much guaranteed. No doubt about it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

If we get 5-6 newcomers I expect to see us losing some characters from Brawl to "Paradise".

D

Deleted member

My personal fanboy pick would be Kid Goku; thought that's not going to happen.

And regarding the rumor, I don't think I really trust it a lot. I highly doubt Nintendo would use such a goofy trailer for Super Smash Bros. and the last time they made the game look somewhat goofy is the original game commercial.

Plus not many people are going to care for Mega Man Volnutt's appearance, thought this is possible as he did appear in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and is getting an appearance on the 3DS with his own game called Mega Man Legends 3. Personally I wouldn't mind playing as him as I can see him working out well in the Super Smash Bros. series (Really, I'd take any form, just that I prefer the classic).

That's not to say it won't happen, just that I find it unlikely. The rumored trailer would confirm Donkey Kong and Captain Falcon; the latter of which is unlikely to be confirmed so quickly.

@Aether: I think if we're only getting 5-6 newcomers, that is a big hint that DLC is likely. And if Mega Man isn't revealed there, that would make him much less likely then we think.

@Starphoenix: Wouldn't it make more sense to lose Brawl characters if there were more newcomers? I think that if less newcomers were in Brawl, Mewtwo would have made it and along with it, maybe Roy/Dr. Mario as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

And regarding the rumor, I don't think I really trust it a lot. I highly doubt Nintendo would use such a goofy trailer for Super Smash Bros. and the last time they made the game look somewhat goofy is the original game commercial.

Plus not many people are going to care for Mega Man Volnutt's appearance, thought this is possible as he did appear in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and is getting an appearance on the 3DS with his own game called Mega Man Legends 3.

That's not to say it won't happen, just that I find it unlikely. Plus that would confirm Donkey Kong and Captain Falcon; the latter of which is unlikely to be confirmed so quickly.
It's precisely because of the old commercial that gives Nintendo a precedent to do it. Megaman Volnutt is a weird choice but I think eventually people would get over it.

What? You do realize both Donkey Kong has always been playable from the start? Capt. Falcon seems to want to be hidden for every odd numbered game, so this time he'd be playable from the start. :p

Weyard

Smash Apprentice

Plus not many people are going to care for Mega Man Volnutt's appearance, thought this is possible as he did appear in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and is getting an appearance on the 3DS with his own game called Mega Man Legends 3.

That's not to say it won't happen, just that I find it unlikely. Plus that would confirm Donkey Kong and Captain Falcon; the latter of which is unlikely to be confirmed so quickly.
It would be interesting and exciting to see them returning to a 64-era commercial. They might view cafe as the continuation of 64's principles and game lineup, being mostly platformers.

Plus, that sort of comical situation suggests that this game won't have a story mode like Brawl. It's just a random stupid fight breaking out instead of a huge adventure.

This rumor really kinda adds some more evidence to Sakurai remaining the director though. He knows the fans want something like Melee.....so he gives us something more like ssb64 instead. Just sounds like something he would do doesn't it?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
D

Deleted member

It's precisely because of the old commercial that gives Nintendo a precedent to do it. Megaman Volnutt is a weird choice but I think eventually people would get over it.

What? You do realize both Donkey Kong has always been playable from the start? Capt. Falcon seems to want to be hidden for every odd numbered game, so this time he'd be playable from the start. :p
- I won't lie, I would love to see something like the N64 commercial and I'd actually laugh at it (In a good way) if that happened.

- I already acknowledge that Donkey Kong will almost certainly be playable from the start. That not the character I'm questioning, it's Captain Falcon.

- We only have three confirmed games so far and only one game that would count as the even number. Captain Falcon being a starter in Melee does nothing to support this rumor that he'll be playable from the start; thought to be fair, it would be nice if he was playable form the start since I think he fits more as a starter then as an unlockable player.
It would be interesting and exciting to see them returning to a 64-era commercial. They might view cafe as the continuation of 64's principles and game lineup, being mostly platformers.

Plus, that sort of comical situation suggests that this game won't have a story mode like Brawl. It's just a random stupid fight breaking out instead of a huge adventure.

This rumor really kinda adds some more evidence to Sakurai remaining the director though. He knows the fans want something like Melee.....so he gives us something more like ssb64 instead. Just sounds like something he would do doesn't it?
- I'm probably the only one who wants it more like the original. I consider it my favorite Smash, for all old and archaic it is.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
- We only have three confirmed games so far and only one game that would count as the even number. Captain Falcon being a starter in Melee does nothing to support this rumor that he'll be playable from the start; thought to be fair, it would be nice if he was playable form the start since I think he fits more as a starter then as an unlockable player.
Did the ":p" sign not give away that I was being humorous?

refugee

Smash Journeyman
If we get 5-6 newcomers I expect to see us losing some characters from Brawl to "Paradise".
Why would a low amount of newcomers =characters getting cut? I thought it would actually be the opposite in that all the characters would be staying.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, ChronoBound, doesn't it seem odd to you that Volnutt is included when Megaman Legends has not even been greenlit by Capcom yet? This is either extraordinarily premature or Capcom is teasing their fans with the whole prototype. Of course this assumes he is being included even to promote Legends 3 and not for another reason.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Dawn of the Second Day: 48 Hours Remain

Two days left until Nintendo's E3 conference. Personally, I don't think Smash 4 will be revealed during Nintendo's conference on Tuesday. However, the revealing of the name to the Cafe will show us whether Smash 4 will be "Paradise". I think Smash 4 will instead be showed during the evening on Wednesday, much like Brawl was, that is if it does indeed show up. Its pretty exciting that we know these details before anyone else.

To Starphoenix: I think Capcom is trolling people and coercing them to buy a demo with the whole "Legends 3 is not greenlit yet and you must pay for this demo for it to happen."

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dawn of the Second Day: 48 Hours Remain

Two days left until Nintendo's E3 conference. Personally, I don't think Smash 4 being revealed during Nintendo's conference on Tuesday. However, the revealing of the name to the Cafe will show us whether Smash 4 will be "Paradise". I think Smash 4 will instead be showed during the evening on Wednesday, much like Brawl was, that is if it does indeed show up. Its pretty exciting that we know these details before anyone else.
Unfortunate thing is we have the E3 presentation and two roundtables. Soo all in all we have Tuesday morning, Tuesday evening, and a special second roundtable Wednesday evening. That's too much! @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom