• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Lets add a racing inside of it so online we can race at the same time lol

like C.Falcon usis his car while sonic runs :3

The point of my comment was just to emphasize that, really, StarFox has no characters that are so unique that they would merit giving them as many characters as they have games. (almost)

And I know what you mean. It was sort of wonky sometimes, but Assault was fun. I think people dislike Command because it was really off the beaten path, and so was Adventures. I've played Command, and I'll admit, it was not that good. >_< It could have worse, but it could have been much better. The only perk it had was nine endings and lots of options in story.

And do you mean that thing about derivative characters only applies to RARE games? Not to bring back the Geno argument, but if that's a general statement, that would make Geno Nintendo's property and not Square's... right?

I'm not bringing the argument up, I'm just asking. xD

My favorite one was Dinosour planet

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lets add a racing inside of it so online we can race at the same time lol

like C.Falcon usis his car while sonic runs :3

My favorite one was Dinosour planet
Why don't we just have an RPG that takes place on racecars, where the attacks engage sports minigames? There. Ridiculous, but it's there. xD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Actually! The day we have more players might not be TOO far off. I mean, I'd imagine Nintendo might have 6 player support pretty soon as far as consoles go. I don't see why not. Especially since several of their multiplayer games have six player compatibility, but you can only have 4 players for...obvious reasons.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Hell, Mario Kart Wii has 12-player simultaneous capabilities on Wi-Fi.

Only problem with 6-player is that 4-player splitscreen is already a pain in the arse on smaller TVs.

Also, speaking of Geno...
what is his origin? I'm not talking about ♥♪!?, the star spirit. I'm discussing Geno, the doll. What's his deal? Why and how does he exist? Did the kid make him up? If so, why is he of the same quality and style as the Mario, Peach and Bowser dolls, which are too realistic and well-made not to be manufactured by a company?
If he is a liscenced character/actual person in this world, what has he done to get an action figure made of him? He's clearly got superpowers right? It seems like Geno, the person, would be a far more interesting comeback than Geno, the doll, or even ♥♪!?, the spirit.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Hell, Mario Kart Wii has 12-player simultaneous capabilities on Wi-Fi.

Only problem with 6-player is that 4-player splitscreen is already a pain in the arse on smaller TVs.

Also, speaking of Geno...
what is his origin? I'm not talking about ♥♪!?, the star spirit. I'm discussing Geno, the doll. What's his deal? Why and how does he exist? Did the kid make him up? If so, why is he of the same quality and style as the Mario, Peach and Bowser dolls, which are too realistic and well-made not to be manufactured by a company?
If he is a liscenced character/actual person in this world, what has he done to get an action figure made of him? He's clearly got superpowers right? It seems like Geno, the person, would be a far more interesting comeback than Geno, the doll, or even ♥♪!?, the spirit.
this is why i think he should have his own game before goes to paper mario .

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Geno getting his own game isn't gonna happen. Square Enix had 15 years to make one after Super Mario RPG and they didn't. Why would they when they haven't even bothered to put Geno in any of the Mario/Square Enix crossover games? And why would Square Enix lend Geno, a character who isn't even a Final Fantasy character nor a Dragon Quest character, to Nintendo for SSB4? Nintendo and Square Enix seem to be on good relationship and they have been promoting Final Fantasy games and Dragon Quest games for the Wii and the DS lately. Why would they bother putting in an one-time character from a 15 year old SNES game when they can put in a recurring Final Fantasy character or a recurring Dragon Quest character from a recent game? What about that Chocobo & Slime team idea? They are the only recurring characters to get their own game series.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Geno getting his own game isn't gonna happen. Square Enix had 15 years to make one after Super Mario RPG and they didn't. Why would they when they haven't even bothered to put Geno in any of the Mario/Square Enix crossover games? And why would Square Enix lend Geno, a character who isn't even a Final Fantasy character nor a Dragon Quest character, to Nintendo for SSB4? Nintendo and Square Enix seem to be on good relationship and they have been promoting Final Fantasy games and Dragon Quest games for the Wii and the DS lately. Why would they bother putting in an one-time character from a 15 year old SNES game when they can put in a recurring Final Fantasy character or a recurring Dragon Quest character from a recent game? What about that Chocobo & Slime team idea? They are the only recurring characters to get their own game series.
I would prefer Geno over a basic dragon Quest enemy. The only Final Fantasy character I would want to see in Smash is Black Mage, and the only other square Game I like is Kingdom Hearts. Which I would want Sora in. Geno isn't impossible unlikely, yes. But hey! So was R.O.B. I mean I remember on Nsider people who supported R.O.B. were viewed just as crazy as Geno lovers.

The before Brawl, R.O.B. had made a Minor appearence in Mario Kart DS. Hardly a tall tell sign of him coming back into other Nintendo games. Pit, Ice Climbers, and Game and Watch were Unlikely as well. The only reason Geno is more unlikely is because who he is owned by. If they are on as good of terms as you say, then asking for him shouldn't be such a problem? They did it for his Cameo in M&L Partners In Time.

Unlikely, Yes. But that hasn't stopped any other obscure characters from getting in. Better characters in line? Yes. But again, no one expected all these random retro's either.

I see Black Mage, A Dragon Quest Character, Geno, and Sora as the four most likely from SE.

Things going for Geno:

He had a decent amount of rumor's of his inclusion in Brawl, like the "Half Programmed" one, and how SE decided that nintendo couldn't do it. Or the fake video of geno being playable. He has a nice fanbase, which is realitivley large for such an obscure character. He showed up with a small amount of votes on the Melee, and we can assume some amount of votes on the brawl poll. Nintendo has to at least thought about him a bit with all the rumors/fan mentioning of him. Lastly, his song was planned for Brawl. Nintendo at least has recognized him in that light. I'm assuming they couldn't even use his name in SSBB because they had no rights to him. Probably why the song didn't make the cut.

It's isn't impossible!

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
>Sora
>>Disney characters in SSB
lolno

But on the subject of Geno in SSB...well, it's certainly unlikely. I would say Squeenix would probably rather add their mascot(The moogle, perhaps a specific moogle could be employed), their posterboy(Cloud, although his only 2 Ninty console appearances were in Kingdom Hearts), or a very popular character from their main franchise that also represents their early beginnings on the NES(Black Mage).
However, I don't really see why Nintendo doesn't just buy back the cast of Mario RPG. Think of the possibilites...Mario RPG 2, Geno spinoff, Paper Mario with Geno, Geno in SSB...not to mention other SMRPG forgotten favorites. Who wouldn't want to see Mallow back in action? Frogfucius was pretty much the perfect old-guy-who-acts-as-a-mentor character. And hey, this was one of the only games in which the Mushroom Kingdom has a clear ruler, the Chancellor!
BTW, Geno cameod in Super Star Sage, not Partners in Time.

Also, I'm sure if they had the rights, Ninty would put Geno in SSB in a heartbeat. Especially if Sakurai wasn't the one behind the project.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still don't understand why Square wanted Geno sooooo badly. Nintendo WOULD have used him again by now, probably in the paper mario games. Or, the Mario & Luigi games. Maybe both.

Why is Square so anal about Geno, when he's a character in the mario franchise that they didn't want to use before, don't want to use now, and will never want to use again?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I still don't understand why Square wanted Geno sooooo badly. Nintendo WOULD have used him again by now, probably in the paper mario games. Or, the Mario & Luigi games. Maybe both.

Why is Square so anal about Geno, when he's a character in the mario franchise that they didn't want to use before, don't want to use now, and will never want to use again?
Well, Square Enix made Geno and those characters specifically for Super Mario RPG. Nintendo did not make any characters for Super Mario RPG. So Square Enix owns the rights to the characters they made specifically for Super Mario RPG, not Nintendo.

Oh, and complaining about why Square Enix is so anal about Geno when they never wanted to do anything with Geno and yet wanted to own Geno is like complaining about why Nintendo is so anal about Duck Hunt when they never wanted to make a new Duck Hunt game and did not want anyone else to sell Duck Hunt as a mobile phone game and yet wanted to own Duck Hunt.

I do not want Geno to be in Paper Mario games and Mario & Luigi games. He can stay in Super Mario RPG and its future sequels (if there ever is one).

majora_787

Smash Hero
I do not want Geno to be in Paper Mario games and Mario & Luigi games. He can stay in Super Mario RPG and its future sequels (if there ever is one).
You mean like Paper Mario? It was Super Mario RPG 2 before it was released, don't say it isn't a sequel.

But seriously, I have to wonder why Square would contribute so much to a Mario game and then not let them have rights to any of the characters that they didn't own to start with, especially since they don't plan to use any of them ever again. Duck Hunt is... a good example, but it's less similar. That's more of a, "They neglected their own characters" thing. This is a, "Square Enix is neglecting characters that they may as well have given to the company that makes the games of the series the characters were for to begin with" thing.

Also, chibi-robo references for the lol's.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You mean like Paper Mario? It was Super Mario RPG 2 before it was released, don't say it isn't a sequel.
I think he meant more so as in following the same storyline and characters. (Which PaperMario doesn't) I think it's a tad silly to consider it a true sequel. I don't consider The Paper Mario series and Mario&Luigi partners in time to be the same series.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, even if Paper Mario is considered a Super Mario RPG sequel, Geno still wasn't going to be in Super Mario RPG 2. That only proves that Geno is an one-time character just like almost everyone else in the Mario RPG games.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
I still don't understand how Geno got to have such a large following in Smash. Might as well start asking for Goombella in SSB4 as well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still don't understand how Geno got to have such a large following in Smash. Might as well start asking for Goombella in SSB4 as well.
I honestly don't care about him being in smash too much. xD This was me wondering why Square would care so much about him.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
Bosses, eh? Good topic, good topic.
Myself, well...King Boo could be a cool boss.
Also, there should've been a facedown against Ganondorf who then becomes Ganon.
The Hand should've been bosses.
There should be more and better pokemon as bosses. Rayquaza's cool and all, but the context makes no sense. The global peacemaker who lives on Sky Pilllar is living in a lake and randomly shoots lasers at monkeys?
How about Regigigas in that one temple-like are Lucas and Pokemon Trainer were in instead of the boss you just fought, except again?
Hey, why not Mewtwo? It'd be better than just a trophy(Not as good as playable).
Heck, there's even some non-legendaries who'd be awesome to fight. Gyarados, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Hydreigon...

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I just want every charector to be even with new stage that are like FD, Smashville, battlefield type.

And have more char color option like wario

Make link have his Oot as a second set like wario outfit >.>
Improve stuff like make snake broken range be gone
Make mk have lag
take nout chaingrab or make it so that its harder to do and only 2 works at best

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bosses I would like to see in SSB4:

- Bowser Jr. piloting the Mecha Bowser from Super Mario Sunshine
- Chaos Chimera from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
- Diskun as a Tabuu-like boss
- Giratina
- Giygas in Mother 1 form (at least we can comprehend him in that form :p)
- King Hippo, grown into a giant via Kamek's magic
- Mashtooth from The Legendary Starfy
- Mother Brain
- Orcos from Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (to replace Ridley if Ridley is playable)
- Tiki Tong from Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Vaati as he appears in The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

They come to mind but I am sure there are many other bosses that could work in SSB4.

Thunder_slash

Smash Cadet
About them, I think they can be in ssb4, but I would prefer Zero rather than Megaman. zero is more popular than megaman and X, he has his own franchise only for gba, and his moveset could be more varied and better, based on his attacks from megaman x and zero series.
His aspect should be either the one in megaman x or the one in megaman zero.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
See, I disagree. The X series has never been only Nintendo, it's also largely on Sony consoles, but if you've noticed, there have been a whopping THREE of Classic Megaman games that weren't Nintendo EXCLUSIVES, those being 8, 9 and 10.
Classic is also more instantly recognizable, and more popular. Not to mention the huge history with Nintendo; Mega even got into Captain N!

Speaking of Captain N and third party characters that should be in SSB, did it ever seem to anyone else that Simon Belmont would've been a better fit than Snake? I get that Kojima wanted him in, but thinking about Nintendo importance and history, Castlevania was far more known for Nintendo systems back in the day, whereas MGS was known for there being one game of it, that wasn't even originally on the NES; It was ported to it after it was on the MS-X.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
did it ever seem to anyone else that Simon Belmont would've been a better fit than Snake?
YES

There's actually a lot of people who aren't too fond of Snake for his irrelevance towards Nintendo. Or in some cases like me, just don't care for Metal Gear games.

Castlevania, as far as I'm concerned, can do no wrong.
always wished Trevor was the series' main Belmont though

Music folks: anyone got song lists for Wuhu Island? Off the top of my head, we'd probably get some stuff from Wii Sports/Resort, Wii Fit/Plus, and probably Pilotwings and other miscellaneous series.

But! I wanna see specific lists. Actual songs, like this gem. Links preferred, of course.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
How would any of you feel if Smash had a cursed item of some kind. Something that could do any of the following:

1. Increases the damage you give, but also increases the damage you take. The knockback also increases. (making it easier for you to get knocked out.)

2. Decreases the damage you take, but also decreases the damage you give. Knockback still increases.

3. Knockback decreases. However, the damage you give decreases and damage you take increases.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
How would any of you feel if Smash had a cursed item of some kind. Something that could do any of the following:

1. Increases the damage you give, but also increases the damage you take. The knockback also increases. (making it easier for you to get knocked out.)

2. Decreases the damage you take, but also decreases the damage you give. Knockback still increases.

3. Knockback decreases. However, the damage you give decreases and damage you take increases.
That reminds me of those rings you could obtain in LoZ : Oracle of Seasons/Ages. There were 2 kinds of rings : Increase damage given and taken, and decrease damage given and taken. Also, there were 3 levels for them : +1 / +2 / + 3 for the damage increased, and -1 / -2 / -3 for the damage decreased.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, you mean Power Ring and Armor Ring. If they are in Smash, they should be small and look almost identical except Power Ring is red and Armor Ring is blue. It may be hard for the players to see the color of the rings since they are very small... so players might pick up a ring they want or don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom