• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@toise: those are my picks and I'm sticking to them, I know M-308's chances are just about nil, but I still think they should have a castlevania character represented since it did have its genesis on NES and a few sequels as well. I only prefer alucard because of uniqueness

M-308 would be pretty bad *** though

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@Toise: Probably. It is a fairly popular idea, though I personally don't like it, since it tends to disregard one series for the express sake of another. Of course another explanation could be Japanese fans who liked BS's portrayal in that anime more than they did Goroh, but since that poll was sort of confined to this board, I very much doubt many of the votes were because of that.

@Rapier

The term Reboot, in media dealing with serial fiction, means to discard much or even all previous continuity in the series and start anew with fresh ideas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot_(fiction)

Given that we both are using wiki sources here, there is a chance that the information is faulty, if you go by the definition on that site, then both of those games are in fact reboots. You know how they are rebooting those Spider-Man movies or how they did so to those Batman ones? They aren't remakes, but reboots, and the same applies to Star Fox and Punch Out which restart continuity with their games, and are not exact remakes as are the cases with Zero Mission and FR/LG.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Arcadenik: I meant that half of his votes came from people wanting to change Ganon, the other half coming from people who figure "he must be important because he's getting punched in that one video." As far as I can tell, only me and Pieman even know anything about F-Zero beyond what's shown in Smash/that one clip. Oh and Koops played GX once (think it was Koops).

@n88: Simon (and Castlevania in general) comes up pretty regularly around here, at least more than Grey Fox. I can't even remember the last random wishlist/roster that had Grey Fox on it. You've even got the Duck Hunt Dog and I'm pretty sure he only comes up when Arcadenik mentions him.

Of course, you can't change the list at this point, can you?

@Twizzlers guy: I know, I just meant that it's not like Alucard is being singled out, seeing as no one from Konami aside from Grey Fox is on the list.

@Pieman: I don't care either way, I'd just like to see him playable (after Goroh of course). It'd be hilarious if they gave him a Ganonball move though.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@Rapier

The term Reboot, in media dealing with serial fiction, means to discard much or even all previous continuity in the series and start anew with fresh ideas.
Unless I am misunderstanding this argument, wouldn't it not be a reboot because it only disregards the story aspects while building heavily on previously established gameplay mechanics?

Punch out is still is a one on one boxing simulator with outlandish concepts and effects thrown in and Star Fox (64) is still a 3rd person rail shooter based on futuristic fighter planes and talking animals.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Unless I am misunderstanding this argument, wouldn't it not be a reboot because it only disregards the story aspects while building heavily on previously established gameplay mechanics?

Punch out is still is a one on one boxing simulator with outlandish concepts and effects thrown in and Star Fox (64) is still a 3rd person rail shooter based on futuristic fighter planes and talking animals.
Gameplay mechanics aren't continuity.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Continuity is the quality of being continuous. Game play can be continuous as a free flowing, evolving, build up based of preceding qualities.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Reboot in terms of fiction is a reference to its story and scenarios rather than its gameplay. Even if you were to include gameplay into it, it still doesn't change the fact that a reboot does not necessarily need throw out everything. In addition with the fact that while you could interoperate the gameplay as constantly evolving, it could theoretically be interpreted as being redefined and perfected, and thus would fall in line with rebooting, since while the gameplay is similar between the two examples, its still different in certain senses.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
The term Reboot, in media dealing with serial fiction, means to discard much or even all previous continuity in the series and start anew with fresh ideas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reboot_(fiction)

Given that we both are using wiki sources here, there is a chance that the information is faulty, if you go by the definition on that site, then both of those games are in fact reboots. You know how they are rebooting those Spider-Man movies or how they did so to those Batman ones? They aren't remakes, but reboots, and the same applies to Star Fox and Punch Out which restart continuity with their games, and are not exact remakes as are the cases with Zero Mission and FR/LG.
You do realize that your link is not even trust worthy to Wikipedia's standards. There's no cited references, and the factual info is even disputed (at least that's what the site says). My links have cited references and hardly any errors in them (Granted one of the Starfox Wikia page needs clean up). Next time your going to use references make sure that even the site you get it off of says it's legit.

Other News
Why does nobody want Birdo in the listings? I mean He/She is basically a Yoshi character now and a neutral in good and bad sense. Has interesting egg moves that are different from Yoshi. Even has a few color changes (red, and green versions).

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Reboot in terms of fiction is a reference to its story and scenarios rather than its gameplay. Even if you were to include gameplay into it, it still doesn't change the fact that a reboot does not necessarily need throw out everything. In addition with the fact that while you could interoperate the gameplay as constantly evolving, it could theoretically be interpreted as being redefined and perfected, and thus would fall in line with rebooting, since while the gameplay is similar between the two examples, its still different in certain senses.
But video games are a multi-faceted piece of fiction. Outside of possible allegorical or allusive symbols in other media, they only have a story, so comparing Video Games and Movies is comparing apples and oranges. The fact that the game play was built off and recycled shows that it wasn't a complete reboot. The story aspects were rebooted but the entire game cannot be considered a reboot because the entire other branch of the media form was not redone, instead expanded and built upon.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Other News
Why does nobody want Birdo in the listings? I mean He/She is basically a Yoshi character now and a neutral in good and bad sense. Has interesting egg moves that are different from Yoshi. Even has a few color changes (red, and green versions).
Because nobody wants him/her/it? Also not a Yoshi character, regardless of what Mario spinoffs may imply.

@Continuity people: Did you guys not pay attention in high school English or something?

Continuity = Story

That's it. There's no "oh but in a way..." or "well if you think about it..." or anything. Continuity is about consistency in story. Mechanics and technical stuff don't factor into that equation, regardless of medium.

Is Star Fox Adventures continuous with the rest of the series? Yes.

What about Metroid Prime? That too.

Resident Evil 4? Symphony of the Night? Sonic's 3D games? Also not reboots.

What if I made a incredibly dark 3D cartoon based off of Happy Days that ties into the original series plotwise? Guess what, it's not a reboot (even if it'd suck).

Compare all that to everything listed on this page, especially the video game examples.

Should also mention that a lot of series just don't care much for continuity, especially the Miyamoto ones. That and it obviously has no bearing on what appears in Smash, so it's rather off-topic for this thread, don't you think?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
People seem to not understand what the term "reboot" means either. Vocabulary people!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
But video games are a multi-faceted piece of fiction. Outside of possible allegorical or allusive symbols in other media, they only have a story, so comparing Video Games and Movies is comparing apples and oranges. The fact that the game play was built off and recycled shows that it wasn't a complete reboot. The story aspects were rebooted but the entire game cannot be considered a reboot because the entire other branch of the media form was not redone, instead expanded and built upon.
Doesn't change it from being a reboot though, since it is in terms of the story. If the gameplay were to be radically changed, as it was in Star Fox Adventures and Assault to a lesser degree, it is just the gameplay being retooled instead of being a remake or reboot. That's why the term for both remake and reboot only really apply to the story and scenatios, since the gameplay mechanics are their own thing in their seperate place. Yes video games are multi-facted, but very few games have their story tie directly into their gameplay mechanics. Hence, if a game series gets a reboot or a remake usually has very little to do with the gameplay mechanics at hand, especially if its still supposed to be the same type of game. Otherwise, I could say that Mario Tennis is just a reboot of Mario Kart, since its the same overall concept of Mario and friends being in competition, but the story and gameplay have both been changed. Of course we know this isn't true though, since the things at this point are two seperate entities.

Anyways, at Rapier, the sentence has a cited source, so what exactly is the problem there?

Also Birdo isn't a Yoshi character just like Waluigi isn't a Wario character. In addition, most people generally don't like Birdo as it is, and there's a long list of Mario characters that take priority over the thing. (Including Waluigi)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why do we care whether or not X game is a reboot or not again?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It does not matter if Punch Out!! is a remake, reboot, whatever you want to call it. What's important is the "Punch Out" series is active again and Little Mac has now become recognizable to the mainstream audience.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Just one guy being nutty over semantics, pretty sure he even admitted that it didn't matter in relation to Mac's chances. Kinda off topic anyway.

@Kuma: Would the CC Pro be a suitable replacement for the GC controller?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Anyways, at Rapier, the sentence has a cited source, so what exactly is the problem there?
Not your sentenced but the source itself isn't legit. Did you notice the "This article needs more citations." and "This data is disputed." ? Basically some nobody wrote that with no support in his ideas.

But Punch Out!! is both a reboot and a remake. It's the first game in 15 yrs from the Punch Out series to come out and the story and desigin is remade from the NES game. Starfox 64 could be a reboot from the SNES but it was rather soon compared to most legit reboots.

Reboot means directly restart or turn on again,like a computer. Your com doesn't always loose all it's memory in a reboot process. It was also a really cool tv show.

Back to Birdo
Your right he/she's not a legit Yoshi character and I would rather see characters like Toad over Him/her anyday. It's just odd that other characters like Tingle and the Duck Hunt Dog is on the list but not him/her. If it's because he/she's a transexual but if you look up Nong Toom you will know that they can brawl for real.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Back to Birdo
Your right he/she's not a legit Yoshi character and I would rather see characters like Toad over Him/her anyday. It's just odd that other characters like Tingle and the Duck Hunt Dog is on the list but not him/her. If it's because he/she's a transexual but if you look up Nong Toom you will know that they can brawl for real.[/QUOTE]

technically, birdo is a cross dreseer. i dont recall ever hearing about birdos sex organs being switched due to surgery... just fyi

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Really, the reboot thing is rather pointless Rapier, but it still doesn't change the fact that a reboot in terms of media, rather than computer terms, does in fact refference something where contiunity is restarted. Given that Star Fox and Punch Out for the Wii do this, rather than expanding on it like a remake, those two games are reboots. Still though this is sort of pointless.

Tingle is a Zelda character who has had many roles and has had his own game series. When compared to other Zelda characters, there's really no one else outside of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf that have his type of exposure. The Duck Hunt Dog is only really requested by like one person here, and even so is sort of the main "character" of Duck Hunt. Birdo though is a side character in a large series with many other side characters that have better chances. Its really not a matter of Birdo's indeterminate gender at all, but rather about not being all that popular of a character in a series of popular characters.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looking back at the SSB4 poll posted a page ago, I am glad to see Mewtwo as voted upon as he is. This is the third internet poll I have seen where he has been in the top contenders.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma: Would the CC Pro be a suitable replacement for the GC controller?
I think it'd be a good replacement for it. The only thing I don't like is the placing of the left analog stick since I'm used to the GC and 360 ones. It's a pain trying to play TvC with the control stick in the place it is now. Trying to do Shoryukens and Hadoukens (and moves with the same motions) with a D-Pad is tough.

I'd still like to see an arcade stick setup for Smash, even if it would feel different. Just to try it at least.

What do you guys think of getting rid of the C-Stick?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think it'd be a good replacement for it. The only thing I don't like is the placing of the left analog stick since I'm used to the GC and 360 ones. It's a pain trying to play TvC with the control stick in the place it is now. Trying to do Shoryukens and Hadoukens (and moves with the same motions) with a D-Pad is tough.

I'd still like to see an arcade stick setup for Smash, even if it would feel different. Just to try it at least.

What do you guys think of getting rid of the C-Stick?
I don't think people would be happy with the lose of a c-stick. Honestly, I don't think anyone would want an arcade stick anyway.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The thing is, you could make some changes to the code so that you can do the stuff the C-Stick can without the C-Stick.

For example, so that you can finally go forward and do B-Air without losing momentum, you just do a semicircle towards the opposite direction to turn around. There would be other applications to this as well such as using projectiles. I've always wondered why you couldn't turn around in midair.

Then there's the doing FAirs while going backwards without losing momentum. Just write in the code so that you momentum isn't affected if the control stick is in the opposite direction of the jump (just enough to do it).

For the arcade stick option, there ARE some people who are open to the idea. To me, it's the massive prejudice I see against other fighting games that is partially to blame for the objection to it. You get rid of the C-Stick and it can work. Note, I'm not saying the C-Stick should be removed for this. I think the C-Stick is a crutch for execution.

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
I want a more in-depth story mode. Plus I didn't like the fact that Sonic didn't have pretty much ANY kind of role in it, but Snake did, and Sonic has WAY more history with nintendo. :dizzy:
I wan't tripping gone, that was the lamest thing ever. And I think we need a team and director that know how to do ****. I mean Brawl is a great game and all, but compared to its potential, it was kinda half-*****. Like the fact that Sakurai said "no more clones", whereas they only disguised them. And Sonic's moveset was just lazy. I mean his B> and B\/ do the exact same thing! And b4 people tell me thats all sonic does (as they have b4) is roll, I wanna clarify that Fox and the Starfox characters have even LESS to go on, they just had their moves completely made up!

Also, they need at least ONE new Zelda character. Toon Link doesn't count because he was just a replacement for Young Link, and is just a different version of Link, not a separate character. Skull kid would't cut it, not because I don't personally like him, but because he was a one-time deal. He's only appeared once. I'm not sure who would take the 4th place, but because of the rising popularity of the Toons, I would have to say Vaati. He had a decent fan base, and he's a good contender IMO.

I don't know anything about Metroid, so I won't say anything accept that they need at least 1 new Metroid rep.

Kirby is good as is since they no have 3 reps, but if they were to add a 4th, I don't know who that could be. Since there aren't many Kirby characters besides the baddies.

I don't know about new Sonic or MGS characters, knowing them they would probably add another 3rd-party character. Probably Megaman since he's been largly on Nintendo systems, thats where he got his start, and he's easily the most requested 3rd party character. That would most likely be the extent of it. They would keep in Snake and Sonic, but wouldn't add any more from their respective series as to keep it from becoming a mixed-company series instead of solely Nintendo.

I don't know why people say "Jigglypuff will most likely get cut" because that's ********. She/He/It's been in since the beginning, one of the original 12. She wont be cut and neither will the other originals.

Starfox-They would keep Falco, duh. Most likely Wolf too, just cuz he's so kool and he's a major character. Due to popular demand and the need of estrogen, Krystal would be the next choice. We all know slippy wouldn't make it, and Peppy isn't in the Team anymore as well as being too old.

I don't know fire emblem so yeah. Marth is a no-brainer, Ike is a "eh, probably". Roy might come back since he was very missed by fans in Brawl, hopefully with a revamp of moves obviously to keep away from the clone problem.

Mother is the same, I haven't played them so I dunno.

Mario would most likely get Bowser Jr. I don't care for WarioWare, so I don't know about it.

I don't feel like typing any more so I'll stop here.

kit

Smash Apprentice
What do you desire MOST for ssb4?

For me it's Midna/wolf link and hit stun.

and better online play lol

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
This Would Be The Ultimate Smash Bros Roster

Now i know everyone would be pleased with this.

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Bowser
7. Donkey Kong
8. Yoshi
9. Peach
10. Pit
11. Wario
12. Ike
13. Pokemon Trainer
14. Diddy Kong
15. Meta Knight
16. Lucas
17. King Dedede
18. Pikmin & Olimar
19. Ice Climbers
20. Samus
21. Zelda
22. Ness
23. Marth
24. Luigi
25. Falco
26. Captain Falcon
27. Lucario
28. R.O.B.
29. Ganondorf
30. Jigglypuff
31. Toon Link
32. Snake
33. Sonic
34. Wolf
35. Mr Game & Watch

Newcomers
1. Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
2. MegamanX
3. Zero
4. Shadow
5. Claus
6. Travis Touchdown- Suda 51 wants him in
7. 5th Gen Pokemon
8. Vaati
9. Lyn
10. Mewtwo
11. Roy
12. Micaiah
13. Samurai Goroh
14. Waluigi
15. Krystal
16. Little Mac
17. Tails
18. Grey Fox
19. Dixie Kong
20. King K Rool
21. Geno
22. Paper Mario
23. Issac
24. Viewtiful Joe
25. Sothe
26. Black Shadow
27. Black Knight
28. Saki
29. Zant
30. Knuckles

Grinch21X

Smash Apprentice
Thats way too many newbies. And Viewtiful Joe is 3rd party, Zant isn't a good or popular choice, 3 new Sonic characters is impossible. Megaman X AND Zero wouldn't do either, one or the other.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Bowser
7. Donkey Kong
8. Yoshi
9. Peach
10. Pit
11. Wario
12. Ike
13. Pokemon Trainer
14. Diddy Kong
15. Meta Knight
16. Lucas
17. King Dedede
18. Pikmin & Olimar
19. Ice Climbers
20. Samus
21. Zelda
22. Ness
23. Marth
24. Luigi
25. Falco
26. Captain Falcon
27. Lucario
28. R.O.B.
29. Ganondorf
30. Jigglypuff
31. Toon Link
32. Snake
33. Sonic
34. Wolf
35. Mr Game & Watch
Brawl Roster here. No complaints.

Newcomers
2. MegamanX
3. Zero
4. Shadow
5. Claus
7. 5th Gen Pokemon
8. Vaati
9. Lyn
10. Mewtwo
11. Roy
12. Micaiah
13. Samurai Goroh
14. Waluigi
15. Krystal
16. Little Mac
17. Tails
18. Grey Fox
19. Dixie Kong
20. King K Rool
21. Geno
22. Paper Mario
23. Issac
24. Viewtiful Joe
25. Sothe
26. Black Shadow
27. Black Knight
28. Saki
29. Zant
30. Knuckles

Have complaints. Lets see. Megaman X, Zero, Shadow, Tails, Travis, Grey Fox, Geno, Viewitful Joe and Knuckles are all 3rd party. It is going to be Sonic, Snake and 1 other. Not so many as you have, Pick 1 or 2 new 3rd party and call it a day,

As for other characters.
Mother has two reps and does not need another one. The series is almost unheard of, has only three games and does not need another playable character.

Vaati and Zant are small, unknown Zelda Characters. I think Zelda does not need any new reps. The main group is covered and we have the copy of Link taken care of, so dumping other characters is just wasteful padding. If we have to have another, then the next choice is the god awful Tingle. So he is prob the next rep.

When it comes to Fire Emblem, we do not need Lyn, Roy, Micaiah, Sothe and the Black Knight, FE has two reps already, so I see maybe up to two more possible. Roy and the new Lord is the best bet if we go with that. All the others are just side characters or are unimportant.

For F-zero, The two you chose are the closest choices. I think there will only be one other F-zero racer. Don't ask me which one. I was always under the impression that Black Shadow only gained popularity because Goroh ended up as an AT.

I hate the idea of another Mario, so I choose Bowser Jr. Both choices are viable though. As for Waluigi, I think he has no chance. He is just seen as a sub-character by the creators and will never be taken seriously.

Saki, Issac and Lil mac are good choices even though I prefer other characters.

The pokemon reps make sense even though I think Mewtwo will not come back unless he ends up as DLC.

We do not need another Star Fox character. The series has three already and a forth is just stretching it.

As for DK characters, Both work, but I think we will end up with only one new DK character. I think it will be King K Rool. He is a more interesting character than Dixie.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Really, the reboot thing is rather pointless Rapier, but it still doesn't change the fact that a reboot in terms of media, rather than computer terms, does in fact refference something where contiunity is restarted. Given that Star Fox and Punch Out for the Wii do this, rather than expanding on it like a remake, those two games are reboots. Still though this is sort of pointless.

Tingle is a Zelda character who has had many roles and has had his own game series. When compared to other Zelda characters, there's really no one else outside of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf that have his type of exposure. The Duck Hunt Dog is only really requested by like one person here, and even so is sort of the main "character" of Duck Hunt. Birdo though is a side character in a large series with many other side characters that have better chances. Its really not a matter of Birdo's indeterminate gender at all, but rather about not being all that popular of a character in a series of popular characters.
It seems we're both tired of this reboot/remake debate. Let's just agree to disagree, alright? It is rather pointless.

As for Birdo I just thought Yoshi could use some new characters and since Kamek wouldn't work as a character (though and assist trophy would be interesting). Yoshi doesn't really have any characters from his series that can be playable.

@Shortie
It's actually not known whether she's had surgery (or magical transformation) or not. Nintendo avoids that question like a Frankenstein's monster to fire. I personally I like to believe Birdo was a Yoshi with a gender operation gone horribly wrong.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want to know, what does Daisy have GOING for her for smash and what does she have going against her?

I would enjoy daisy, however i think Bowser Jr. Should come first. Waluigi is disgusting, i hat ethe idea of him getting anywhere near smash bros. he can be an AT. Thats it.
Really, Waluigi is the only character i have a strong dislike towards.

@Master, I would like to see Yoshi get another Representative, but i can only think of:
Kamek
Birdo, who i dont even think has ever been in a Yoshi game.
baby brothers, who really, i would just rather see another minesquel franchise get in like chibi-robo or Magical Starsign than give them a spot.

@dio im gonna briefly attack this list of newcomers and sort thru the no ways, and maybes.

1. Bowser Jr
2. MegamanX
7. 5th Gen Pokemon
8. Vaati
9. Lyn
10. Mewtwo
13. Samurai Goroh
15. Krystal
16. Little Mac
20. King K Rool
21. Geno
22. Paper Mario
23. Issac
26. Black Shadow
27. Black Knight
28. Saki
These are all just maybes, i mean Mewto Bowser Jr. Krystal Isaac and Little Mac have a bigger chance then any other characters you metioned. Tho i would love to see Paper Mario, Black Knight and Vaatibecome smashers.

The third parties will be all over smash now, at least thats my theory so Suda51 might get his wish.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
Made this more for wanna be Brawl than Smash 4, but it's applicable.

LINK

Reasons are in the comments of the deviation, if you wanna see.

I may just be the first person ever to suggest Palutena P=

Pieman0920

Smash Master

Newcomers
2. MegamanX
3. Zero
4. Shadow
5. Claus
7. 5th Gen Pokemon
8. Vaati
9. Lyn
10. Mewtwo
11. Roy
12. Micaiah
13. Samurai Goroh
14. Waluigi
15. Krystal
16. Little Mac
17. Tails
18. Grey Fox
19. Dixie Kong
20. King K Rool
21. Geno
22. Paper Mario
23. Issac
24. Viewtiful Joe
25. Sothe
26. Black Shadow
27. Black Knight
28. Saki
29. Zant
30. Knuckles
Bowser Jr: BJ is okay, but Shadow Mario isn't needed.
Mega Man X: No. Classic Mega Man should get in first.
Zero: Nuh huh. Third party series should only have about one character instead of multiple ones.
Shadow: Nope. Same thing as Zero.
Claus: Again, I'm going to say no. Not only is Earthbound not due for a character, but if it was, it would be Porky
Travis: Probably not. Just because Suda wants him in, it doesn't mean that much.
5th Gen Poke: Maybe. It depends on when SSB4 comes out really.
Vaati: Nope. Not a big enough villain. Also he isn't even being used anymore.
Lyn: I guess it may be possible, but she probably won't get in. FE probably will get about one new character, and said character will probably be from the next FE game.
Mewtwo: Lots of people want him in, but I really don't think its that smart of a decision to bring him back
Roy: Sort of the same as Mewtwo but worse off since he was a clone. There's a outside chance if that FE crossover thing gets made, but then that throws every FE character's chances back into the ring.
Micaiah: Micaiah is someone I wanted for Brawl, but her chances are quite low now. The only way I think she has any real chance is if there is no new FE game inbetween now and SSB4, as well as the fact that SSB4 comes out sooner rather than later.
Samurai Goroh: Finally a good pick.
Waluigi: That was a short good pick streak....No.
Krystal: Ehh....I guess she could work. Still Star Fox is a bit oversaturated.
Little Mac: Yes, this is a good character.
Tails: No, this isn't a good character. Refer to Zero.
Grey Fox: No. Refer to Zero. (Yeesh, is GF just people's default answer to a new MG character because he was in Brawl, and they don't know any other characters?)
Dixie: Eh, I think she's more likely than K.Rool, but I really don't think that the DK series should get a third character in its curent state. Maybe she could be paired back up with Diddy, though that would make people angry. I'm really not sure about htis one.
K.Rool: Sort of the same situation as Dixie, but with a few differences. One, he wouldn't be paired up with Diddy. Two, I hate this character a whole lot and don't think he's anything more than a generic bad guy template and thus has no business being in a game like this. That being said, he still has a chance.
Geno: Oh wow, no.
Paper Mario: I actually still believe that this is the most likely Mario character, since I believe that we will have a different version of Mario before a different version of Bowser. (Yes Bowser Jr. is technically different, but not by much) That being said, I guess I may have to factor Toad in there, but I really don't see the appeal of him.
Isaac: Maybe. It depends on GS3.
Viewtiful Joe: This actually isn't subject to that Zero thing I said earlier, since I think it would be okay for multiple series from one 3rd party company, as long as the series were seperate. Still I would think that there are better picks before VJ.
Sothe: Nope. Not a chance.
Black Shadow: I really don't feel like he would be a good character pick, and the only real suggestion people have for him is to just take Ganondorf's moveset, since there's really no moveset to give this guy.
Black Knight: A slower and stronger clone of Ike. That's what this would be. In other words, this isn't a great idea.
Saki: Eh, Isa seems a better pick.
Zant: ....Why him? Midna riding on Wolf Link is a better pick than him. He was the villain for like half (okay, 3/4ths a game) that turned out to be an insane patsy.
Kunckles: Nope. Refer to Zero.

Wheeew.

Anyways Rapier, the fact that the Yoshi series doesn't have many characters to work with means just htat. There's really nothing you can do about it. One idea that people don't think of, though it would probably be unpopular, is to make Baby Bowser a playable character, and make him basically act as a substitute for Bowser Jr.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You forgot Fire Man who is my icon.

And Man Man kind of looks like Sakurai Man.

EDIT: You know, after watching a stream of Star Fox 2, I think a stage on the Great Fox from that game while orbiting Astropolis would be a pretty awesome stage.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Hey Toise, I need more entertainment from this from the minimal time I have this week to log in - Any suggestions?

Also you know how you said the only RPG's you play now are FE games? I've been playing through Fire Emblem 5 and 10 (Radiant Dawn) and I'm loving them. This is coming from someone who never was much of a fan for strategy RPG's.

For the obligatory out of nowhere suggestion:

As an assist trophy.

2. Megman/whatever form
5. Claus
7. 5th Gen Pokemon
10. Mewtwo
11. Roy
13. Samurai Goroh
15. Krystal
16. Little Mac
19. Dixie Kong
20. King K Rool
22. Paper Mario - Well, actually this would only work for a stage
23. Isaac
26. Black Shadow
28. Saki [/COLOR]
I cut it down to what's plausible...Well at least for each series. If you're trying to make a roster that pleases most people then you might want to make sure each addition is worthwhile to that goal, well, at least for fans of that specific series.

Furthermore try to keep the third-parties lower and more...Well...Logical to that series/company.

I don't have much else asides from that. I think everyone else has raved enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom