• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
While i still love brawl i do agree wtih some of antimatter's problems with the game the online does need work.....a lot of work hell i'd be willing to pay for it if they set it up right no friend codes just go onto a list of people looking for matches weather they be 1v1, 2v2, ffa etc... I like a lot of the stages and in my opinion they're not that different from melee. The final smashes do need some work i like some but i think others are pointless, Adventure mode was pretty standered nothing extra fun at first but lost interest in the end and no real drive to get 100% in it it's not like you unlock anything.

Tripping is the handy work of the devil and drives me out of my mind the stage builder was a nice touch but when you unlocked the "extra parts" it gave you nothing extra only one thing each time so that was bull there. I thought R.O.B was a stupid addtion at first but after playing him i like him. To sum it for me though i like Brawl more than melee i play it better than melee the online play for me is great i don't have any trouble with it and i'm able to play with others as good or better than myself because of it as most of my friends dont play smash bros at all so while it has many new additions for the time it took to come out most of them were pretty lack luster.

The game needs to be polished a lot more so hopefully we'll have all of these things and more when SSB4 comes out but perfected good online set up Nintendo needs to give up this friend code ****, NO TRIPPING, bring back some old stages, as well as make new ones, keep the dectrutable enviroments, more characters and bring back mewtwo just make him good, distinguish the Star Fox characters more now i know people will argue to the death that they are different for the most part no they are not, also i would like to see ganondorf with an original move set a few more villains would be nice too.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I don't think they'll get rid of tripping. And I don't see any problem with it considering Smash Bros. is a Mario-like franchise (LAWL I TRIPPDZ), get it?

It's like stealing coins and stars in Mario Party games.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
With the upcoming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game coming out, the WiiWare's Life as a King title and the GC's FFCC, all four races would be a great addition to SSB4's roster. Clavats, Lilties,Yukes, and Selkies. This would be an awesome addition.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't think they'll get rid of tripping. And I don't see any problem with it considering Smash Bros. is a Mario-like franchise (LAWL I TRIPPDZ), get it?

It's like stealing coins and stars in Mario Party games.
No, it's not. In the Mario Party games, they don't happen randomly, they're the result of items. If tripping was the result of attack effects or items, I don't think anyone would complain.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I dunno if this bard isstillalive but...

A counter system. Press the grab button when an attack connects with you to counter. It does NO DAMAGE, just pushes your enemy away. You can only counter physical moves. This will enable smash to return to it's combo heavy nature without "OMG OVERPOWERED COMBOS OF DEATH" and not make projectiles useless.
Yeah, because powershielding doesn't exist.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Add wavedashing,CC' ing,the ability to REALLY fastfall and proper dashdancing to brawl.

Then remove tripping completely.

Then have a custom search feature foe online games

Then have a friend system like X box live.

It would make it so you COULD have extended floaty aerial battles,or you could choose to be quick on the ground as well as the air.I dont know have it so if you double tap down really quick you fastfall loads.

Or find some technological genius to hack all the brawl characters and new cool techs from brawl into melee.;)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
No, it's not. In the Mario Party games, they don't happen randomly, they're the result of items. If tripping was the result of attack effects or items, I don't think anyone would complain.
Well, I know, that wasn't a good comparison. I meant the "funny" part (don't get me wrong, I don't find tripping funny at all). All I said was that I wasn't surprised at Tripping since this is like a Mario game where whacky things occur :dizzy:

Adapt

Smash Lord
I know these have prolly all been said somewhere in this topic, but i'll pick out what i think should be updated/changed

1. Story mode:
- add dialog
- more enemies from other games
- tabuu comes back for round 2

2. Other 1p modes:
- remove boss battles, and bring back board the platforms (btp)
- btt and btp should have game specific levels, ex: the starfox characters would all compete on one stage, and the mario characters would compete on another. (there are too many characters to do individual stages imo)

3. Online:
- make a real online system, with rankings and add better customization features

4.a. Characters: (returning)
- the original 12 have to stay!
- redo any clone movesets, and make them unique
- add a smash-b move system like someone suggested
- Make ZSS selectable on the screen at the beginning like Shiek (or like the SSE)

4.b. Characters to be cut:
- there are too many pokemon... PT seems to be the least liked, replace him with mewtwo with a completely different moveset
- toon link is unneeded, and should replaced with another character from the zelda games
- ROB... there are better characters imo

4.c. New Characters:
- Megaman
- Dixie Kong or King K. Rool, either could make a great character imo
- A new zelda character: wolf link/midna might be interesting
- Isaac definitly has the potential to be a great character
- Mewtwo (new moveset like mentioned above)
- Krystal could be added, I think SSB4 needs some more female characters, and with her staff she could have a unique moveset that would be pretty strong. She has a good fanbase too
- Ridley would be pretty badass for sure
- Kamek. (s)he has been in a number of games and deserves a spot.

That should be 40 characters, I wouldn't want to see any more than that. Balance is a nightmare as it is

5. Stages:
- no more scrollers please... some can be kept, but no new ones
- stage builder needs more background and terrain choices (ex: water), the ability to set where characters will spawn, and the ability to see the boundary KO regions while building stages
- destroyable/movable terrain elements (but not the entire floor like skyworld)

6. Updates
- balance will never be perfect, but the ability to update the game, to change the size of hitboxes, or the amount of damage/knockback a move deals would be a good idea
- new features added as an update later, maybe race to the finish or something

Oh, and they should take some of the best melee/brawl players from around the world and bring them in on the design process, creating concepts and critiquing the game. also trying to exploits bugs so they can be fixed in development

I could go on, but thats quite enough

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
It needs to have megaman and Isaac...oh and bring back roy and my life will be complete

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Improve:

ONLINE!@@!@!!$####3333
Story Mode
L-Cancel back pl0x?

Change:
Lucas and Zelda's power
Meta Knight Mach Tornado to be towned down a bit damage wise (Meta noobs spam it too much)
Ike either weaker or slower but not by much, he's fine enough
Ganon's Neutral B
Zelda's Din Fire into a projectile
Sonic to lose his homing spinning attack (usless and easy to know what's going to happen)
Mario's Tornado to last a bit longer
Luigi's Up-B to recover faster

Remove: Nothing really, all is preety fine to me, that's all I can think of (Of the thing I'm think when I'm making this post).

Additional Charaters:

Issac PL0X!
Vaati
Chrono (ZOMG PL0X HIM XD) (Hawt)
Megaman
Knuckles or Shadow
That's all I can think of now 0.o

Spire

III
BRoomer
With the upcoming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game coming out, the WiiWare's Life as a King title and the GC's FFCC, all four races would be a great addition to SSB4's roster. Clavats, Lilties,Yukes, and Selkies. This would be an awesome addition.
I second this x 1,000,000. We're definitely not going to get any past FF characters, but if we get any, it'll definitely be those that are exclusive to Nintendo consoles - aka the ones mentioned above. I would love this. Rather than all four as separate, it could be one character called "Crystal Caravan" and you play as one at a time, switching out with Down+B, or when you die.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Here is what I want to see:

1. Sakurai to NOT develop the game.
Considering that this is a fighting game, it's inherently competitive and we cannot have someone working on it who has an opposite philosophy. It's like trying to make Manhunt not violent.

2. No similar/clone characters.
Either declone them completely or make them alternate characters which brings me to my next request.

3. Alternate characters.
This would solve the issue of clones and it would also let other characters be playable. Basically, these characters exist underneath other characters. These alternate characters have their own name and voice. Now, we no longer have only pallet swaps.

4. Bring Mewtwo back.
Nuff' said. I don't care if he's alt., just bring him back.

5. More accurate movesets.
This is mostly applying to the MOTHER series since the only move that either the kids learn in their own game is PK Flash. However, this also applies to other quirks such as Samus having a flame thrower and having the grappling beam coming out her gun when it now comes from her left hand.

6. Add more girls.
Brawl did not add any, excluding Zamus, and there is not enough representation of the girls. Paula, Kumatora, Midna, Captain Syrup, Mona, Ashley, Jody Summer, Lip, and more are viable fighters.

7. Have the designers not think that a character wouldn't work.
By Sakurai's logic, we shouldn't have an AC character. Considering that none of the stuff in SSB makes no sense, this is no different.

8. Add some retro and Japan-only characters.
They show some diversity in the roster and Nintendo can use this an opportunity to see if a demand is sufficient for a revival or bringing a game outside of Japan.

9. Let the fans submit movesets for characters prior to the roster is decided.
This gives characters a chance when they have movesets that might be hard to make up.

10. Be more careful on the trophy descriptions.
In Brawl and Melee, there have been a number of inaccuracies such as Wolf knowing James when that has never been said or implied. Instead, let the development teams who handle each series write these descriptions.

11. Be diverse in trophy selections.
Brawl had mostly trophies who were just straight 3D rips. This ended up with the list consisting of trophies from recent games and not the older games, retro or not.
Amen to this, especially #4 and #6

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
my wishlist is huge

-NO STGAE BUILDER: takes a lot of space + we dont really need it... face that a complex and good stage builder would be too big for th egame to handle + we (at least i) certainly dont want one back as basic as the one we have
-NO STICKERS: boring to collect, prolly take huge space, and are irrelevant
-YES TROPHIES AND CHALLENGES (no annoying challenges like... beat 100 man brawl with all chars.. makes me feel i cheated to beat the game cause my hammer was wasted on this window)
-NO CDS... its annoying and ******** to pick up cds, + there is loads of random music that i sjust random and very few people listen to... why not unlock soundtrack with chars/stages?
-a better not repetitive adventure mode... sse is this... walk kill 10 monsters, walk more, stage freezes, kill 20 enemies in a same spot, stage either moves at your pace or at camera pace, more monsters, more stag estops to kill monsters until you reach a door
-bosses from different series... i didnt see bosses from like zelda, starfox, dk, kirby, etc... there were 2 metroid bosses ffs (even though all 10 bosses from brawl are awesome ;D)
-TROPHY LOTTERY BACK PLEASE
-no tripping
-more neutral legal stages, including a bit larger fd with less annoying edges
-at least one stage per character... an example... mario's stage would be a rainbow cruise remake, luigi's will be returning luigis mansion and peach's would be n64 peach castle remake... etc
-good, diverse, and tough event matches
-balance characters AGAIN... old ones get a bit balanced, some get seriously ***** (CF ;(...), new ones come 10 times more broken
-more stages, previous GOOD stages like as in this case port town, yoshis island (brawl), smashville, lylat(no onnet, yoshis island (melee) and so)
-that they actually spend time on testing the game lets say a month previous to release to correct all item, stage and character glitches either alone or combinated effects (alone is like smash boosting, combined is like d3's swallowing snake's mines)
-a good online... means, a spectator mode where you can watch friend's matches, 200+ friend list, a ranking system, a team ranking system, a supportive server that can make rooms for players that like and who dislike items and rooms for stages... also, to try making onlin eless laggy, even if it means that the game should use melee graphics
-n64 and melee stage remakes
-faster game overall, brawl is too slow, more hit stun, only 1 air dodge possible in the air, side stepping being more punishable, making shields less useful, making edges harder to grab...
-characters wishlist: (persist all brawl characters with roy, mewtwo and a declonedish doctor mario)from f zero. black shadow (takes ganon's moveset), samurai goroh and deathborn, from zelda: ganondorf (new moveset), zant, majora's mask link (pokemon trainer-like... deku/goron/zora), skull kid maybe?... mushroom kingdom: daisy, waluigi, bowser jr (transformable into shadow mario with skins such as galactic and ice mario) and geno since his moveset could be interesting... king k rool from dk series, maybe chunky/lanky/tiny/dixie kong... knuckle joe from kirby, he seemed a pretty sick AT...krytal and general scales from starfox.... shadow the hedgehog, or at least knuckles... black knight from fire emblem (he looks badass, never played FE)... make the developer add more female characters... alkso somne retro and wtf characters would be awesome (like pit, rob, g&w and icies)
-an option to turn stage hazards off (imagine port town without the f-zero machines?, awesome wouldnt it be?)
-persist clonish characters... falco, lucas, ganon (black shadow in my case lol), dr. mario and roy in this case also... they would be awesome if they are still in with a bit decloned moves... just to add a different variety, making an unique moveset adaptable to one's choices
-nore representative alternate skins... melee alt skins were more representativem daisy peach and bllod falcon were more noticeable on melee (eventhough brawl skins are pretty sick)
-fourth taunt lol... we need it XDDD
-victory themes per character... why is MK the only char that has his own theme? thats just way too biased, hes the one developed intended to be the most broken (face it, this was intened, eventhough snake is more broken) with also the coolest theme to just himself... why not bowser use a bowser theme rather than mario theme? or wolf use starwolf theme rather than starfox's?

Viscano

Smash Apprentice
Ok let's get things started...

CHARACTERS

RIDLEY.-My god, Sakurai. Do you ride the short bus to work? ADD THAT MOTHER****ING DRAGON INTO SSB4!

DIMENTIO.- If we add Paper Mario, everyone will be like, "Yeah, I've seen him." But with Dimentio, his interesting attitude and playful atmosphere could convince people to look into Super Paper Mario, or any other Paper Mario games.

MEWTWO-Wtf isn't Mewtwo in Brawl...:(

KRYSTAL-Personally, I hate this *****. The Starfox franchise went downhill when she entered the games. Nonetheless, she deserves a spot in SSB.

MEGAMAN-His creator wanted him in... He would have fitted, why didn't Sakurai add him...

WALUIGI-I dunno... There's just something about him... I really, REALLY want him to be playable. Maybe if he gets some good games by then, he'll stand a chance...

CLAUS-He seems pretty cool. Sakurai likes the Mother/Earthbound games, so maybe he'll get in. maybe.

BOWSER JR.- wtf! He's important to the Mario Franchise now! Let this little ***** in!

BOSSES

FRACKTAIL-He seeps awesome. You know it, I know it, and hopefully Sakurai knows it.:ohwell:

MOTHER BRAIN-The original Metroid final boss is fit perfectly for sidescrolling games like Smash Bros.:)

EMPRESS BULBLAX-Like Mother Brain, she is perfect for sidescrolling battles. Probably resembling Porky in the sense that she can constantly let out the little bulborb larvae.

Assist Trophies

O'CHUNKS-He would appear, grab someone, and throw them, making them bounce about the screen while he sits in place and does a victory dance.

DIMENTIO-Ok, now I know I said I wanted him playable, but I just had to share my assist trophy idea with you. He appears in his unique way, then creates a yellow shield around him and another player. The yellow shield then begins to explode, skyrocketing whoever is in there's damage.

MIMI-She appears in her spider form, shooting very sharp Rubees at players.

PIPE BUILDER-From Super Paper Mario. He digs underground at the spot where he's summoned, then surfaces in another random spot in the course. In the two holes, Warp Pipes sprout out for the remainder of the match, which players can use to warp between the two points.

Hmm that's all I've got for now... Feedback, please?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yay an SSB4 discussion thread! This is what I miss most on these boards! Teh speculation!

Alright, I've got some ideas:

Better Online - duh. No to very little lag, options to do 1v1s, options to pick stock, and a random stage selector (Like the one in Mario Kart Online, where it displays the stages chosen by everyone, and randomly picks one)

Returning Characters

Mario

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi

Yoshi! (And make him better **** it!)

WarioWare

Wario

Legend of Zelda

Link (Keep the TP look if possible, it looks fantastic, also needs to be better, poor Link)

Zelda/Shiek (also keep the TP looks)

Ganon (Please...PLEASE SOMEONE send Sakurai a letter DEMANDING a Sword based Moveset...if Falco can be decloned, Ganon can.)

Toon Link (Yep, he should stay, maybe a different moveset though)

Metroid

Samus
Zamus

Retro

Pit
G&W
R.O.B
IC's (As much as I DONT LIKE THEM, they'll be back)

Pikmin

Olimar (Also, hopefully he will have whatever new Pikmin are introduced with Pikmin 3)

Kirby

Kirby
Meta Knight
Dedede

Star Fox

Fox
Falco
Wolf

(yeah, I listed all 3, theyre different enough, and who doesnt love them?)

F-Zero

Captain Falcon (the REAL one)

Pokemon

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Same Pokemon)
Lucario (Lucario is very unique, as well as somewhat popular. He's much more likeable than Pichu was, so this 4th Gen rep needs to stay)

Fire Emblem

Marth
Ike

Mother

Ness
Lucas

please, without the CG exploit

Third - Party

Snake
Sonic

-------------

Yes, I left Jiggs out, because I think Jigg's time is up, but I'm most likely wrong

--------------

Newcomers

Mario

Bowser Jr.
Dr. Mario (with the release of another Dr. Mario game (WiiWare) you never know)

Donkey Kong

Funky Kong (Lets look at the R.O.B. thing with Mario Kart...dont believe me? Youre fooling yourself, not only did Nintendo put him in Mario Kart, he was the only other playable besides DK and Diddy in Donkey Konga 3 (released in Japan), so theres obviously favoritism here)

King K. Rool Come on now, DK is TOTALLY deserving of 4 reps, having released more games than Kirby, and Starfox combined. Either way, K. Rool would make a great character, with SUCH moveset potential.... Hopefully, he'll be able to deal with the obvious Funky-favoritism (Not that I dislike Funky, I think they'll both get in)

They could also add Dixie, but I've got no idea what kind of moveset they could give her...seriously, I've got no idea.

Legend of Zelda

This all really depends on the theme of the next Zelda game, as, aside from the big 3, that will determine who gets in.

I'd LIKE TO SEE

Midna and Wolf Link - great moveset potential

Mask Link (HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but I think it was an AWESOME idea. 4 forms, and fierce diety as a final smash? aw yeah!!)

Retro

I'd be pretty cool with

Takamaru - Cmon, they got his music, so they havent forgotten about him

Metroid

Ridley..........

Nothing else needs to be put here.... Ridley...Meta Ridley alt....

(Actually, I can all but guarantee this, because after the Nintendo Power interview with Sakurai, he is now greatly aware that the fans REALLY wanted Ridley to be playable.)

Yoshi

Kamek - This idea was pretty good too, Kamek was a major part of most if not all Yoshi games.

Kirby

Nope, were good here

Wario

Cant picture anybody but Wario to be honest

Starfox

Nope. We got the main protagonist, the protagonist's Luigi-figure, and the anti-hero.

Were good here too. Krystal brought doom to the series.

Pikmin

Er... I dunno, Louie perhaps

Or, if theres a major protagonist that DIFFERS from Olimar in Pikmin 3, I'll vote for whoever they are.

F-Zero

Samurai Goroh. Please.

Black Shadow - Somebody needs to keep Ganon's old moveset, and who better than Black Shadow?

Pokemon

Mewtwo - I dont care if he's an alt for Lucario or not. He'd also be good as a seperate character, he's VERY different from Lucario. He just needs to be drastically improved.

Fire Emblem

Michaiah - More magic users please.

Black Knight - He just seems like he'd be fun to me

Mother

Claus - He'd be a great character as well... Please let him join Smash...

Mii

Mii - I actually think this isnt a bad idea now

MGS

Raiden? He looks like such a badass in MGS4... wow..

Sonic

Knuckles

Maybe Shadow as a clone

Other Third Party

Bomberman

(I never really played any Megaman games, so he doesnt really appeal to me)

And..by some MAGICAL CHANCE, Banjo & Kazooie... I'd take them over K. ROOL **** it!!

Ah wait, other series..

Golden Sun

Isaac. duh

Sin and Punishment

Saki - I'm not the only one who thinks he's not only awesome, be a great character as well, right?

Thats it for the roster.

As far as other features

Story mode that doesnt use original enemies, but uses enemies from Nintendo's past

-Octoroks
-ReDead
-Metroids
-Ekans (Or any other Pokemon)
-Deku Schrubs

(Agh, they had such potential here, and moderately blew it...)

Stages

Gangplank Galleon!!
Retro Bowser's Castle - Come on, fighting on the bridge, avoiding 2-d bowser fireballs, breaking the bridge, lava, etc. etc., race to the axe...aw man, that'd be so great..)

Golden Sun Lighthouse
Rainbow Road
K. Rool's Kopter (DKC2, that'd be a great flat stage)

and more I cant think of right now

Anyway, these are my current ideas.
Gameplay:
1. less floaty
2. more hitstun (less than melee so theres some chance of escaping a combo, but more than brawl so you can actually combo)
3. Keep wavedashing out and L-cancelling (put it in so it automatically does it or not at all)
4. Less airdodges for pete's sake. like 1 per jump (2 in all) and keep it so it isn't directional and you can still attack or whatever afterwords (no "freefall")
5. Give sidestepping a certain duration till you can use the next one, i hate it when people just sidestep over and over and over like 5 times in 1 second so dub that down for sure.
6. I guess more items, even though I don't play with them or smashballs on cause then it's ALL about skill and not getting lucky with a legendary pokemon.

Characters:

Yoshi is good enough (in my hands anyway :laugh:), just unnerf his Dsmash, in melee it'd kill at like 100 and had no vertical knockback only alot of horizontal, right now when you hit someone with it it's merely an annoyance and has the knockback of a ftilt, and makes his Fair spike better you can keep the necessary sweetspotting but at least give it more spiking potential it won't even be a lethal spike until 70 percent (make it 50 since it's difficult to land as it is). Oh and keep his egg shield, sure he can't jump out of it but it's unique, maybe give him the abilty to powershield and retaliate like every other character? jumping out of shield isn't nearly as necessary as this. Oh and more super heavy armor frames during 2nd jump, alot were taken away.

Bowser, give his Fsmash more oomph again.

Samus: Unnerf her charge shot, in 64 and melee it was the equivalent of the DK punch now it doesn't kill till about 150% oh and have her bombs explode on contact with an opponent again that really hurt her defense game.

Mario, different down B. maybe one that does damage? all it does now is screw up ness's and lucas's recoveries.

Ness: faster bat, good to go.
Lucas: slower stick, sakurai really loved lucas, at least Ness's PK thunder is actually lethal before 50% while lucas you have to wait till 200s :laugh:

Snake: nerf his, ftilt. Nerf his Utilt and make the hitbox so that his leg actually has to hit you (I have no idea how they messed that up), get rid of his boost smash he's powerful enough as it is.

MK: give his tornado less priority.

Jigglypuff: unnerf the REST!!!!!!

ToonLink: take him out, obvious clone, alternate costume maybe.

Ganon: new moveset much?

C. Falcon: I hate to say it, but give the knee more kill power (less than melee's though)

MII: Fun for the kids, stupid for tournaments or just anyone over 12. But hey that's what Pichu was in melee, plus I'd try him out, nothing like fighting with someone that looks alot like you unless you're super hot like Zamus (well no one is that hot, NO ONE!!! :laugh:). and yes every Mii would have the same moveset.

Mewtwo: need I say more? Just give him a useful DownB, hypnosis was hard to land and nearly worthless, it was like sing but on only one side and they didn't sleep as long

No more spacies.

NO MORE SWORDSMEN. Well maybe just Roy back but that's where I draw the line!!! I can't stress this enough!!!

Levels:
Link castle from 64 (don't remember official name) everyone loved this level.
Pokemon level from 64, think it was cerrilian city, that one was my favorite from the 64.
All the 64 ones that were in melee.
The good ones from melee. not the gay ones where random things happened.
Brawl levels, but only the good ones, and you all know which ones those are I'm sure.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
I second this x 1,000,000. We're definitely not going to get any past FF characters, but if we get any, it'll definitely be those that are exclusive to Nintendo consoles - aka the ones mentioned above. I would love this. Rather than all four as separate, it could be one character called "Crystal Caravan" and you play as one at a time, switching out with Down+B, or when you die.

Why no past FF characters? They're very popular (much more so than the CC ones, with good reason), originally appeared on Nintendo consoles, and are famous for their excellent character development, appearances and diverse abilities. Moreover, their games remain hugely successful, and are being constantly remade and enhanceed.

Including characters such as Cecil, Terra and the Black Mage (for example) would also attract gamers familiar with them from other consoles and RPG fans in general.

noobpota2

Smash Apprentice
Here's a custom roster I made a while back:

This selection is awsome except, spyro,crash and medli and makar(should be midna and wolf link obviously) Leon and Tom nook seem really questionable and the absence of walugi must be a mistake surely?.......and ryu from street fighter...where is he(come on you all know u want him in as unlikely as he is)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This selection is awsome except, spyro,crash and medli and makar(should be midna and wolf link obviously) Leon and Tom nook seem really questionable and the absence of walugi must be a mistake surely?.......and ryu from street fighter...where is he(come on you all know u want him in as unlikely as he is)
I don't know, I say that Crash deserves a spot. He was the second strongest rival for Mario.

Anyway, my roster with some updates:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Geno or Bowser Jr.

6. Wario
7. Captain Syrup or Mona or Ashley

8. Donkey Kong
9. Diddy Kong
10. K. Rool

11. Yoshi

12. Samus/ZSS(Can be selected from the screen)
13. Ridley
14. Sylux or Dark Samus

15. Fox
16. Wolf
17. Krystal

18. Pikachu
19. Jigglypuff
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Lucario or possible successor

22. Link
23. Zelda
24. Ganondorf
25. Toon Link or possible successor

26. Captain Falcon
27. Black Shadow
28. Jody Summer or Pico or Samurai Goroh

29. Ness
30. Lucas
31. Claus

32. Kirby
33. Meta Knight
34. King Dedede

35. Pikmin and Olimar

36. Marth
37. Ike
38. New FE character, preferably spell caster and/or female

39. R.O.B.
40. Pit
41. Ice Climbers
42. Mr. Game and Watch

43. Tom Nook
44. Takamaru
45. Sukapon
46. Lip
47. Saki
48. An AW character
49. Lil' Mac

50. Snake
51. Sonic
52. Megaman
53. Crash Bandicoot - Maybe

Alternate Characters

Mario - Dr. Mario
Luigi - Mr. L
Peach - Daisy

Link - OOT Look
Zelda - OOT Look
Ganondorf - OOT and WW Looks
Toon Link - OOT Look

Samus - Fusion Suit

Yoshi - Boshi

Fox - Falco

Pikachu - Pichu
Pokemon Trainer - Girl Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff - Igglybuff
Lucario - Mewtwo

Ness - Ninten, Ana, Poo, Paula
Lucas - Kid Claus, Kumatora

Marth - Roy

Sonic - Shadow

brawler15

Smash Cadet
Team Final smashes would be pretty awesome. Like Fox uses a landmaster while Falco uses an arwing

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
haha they shoud add peter griffin and he could do a fart attack for his b move and he would laugh and his final smash would be a super big fart that would be awesome

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Nah, that doesn't make any sense. Playing with your Mii is fun, not some Nintendo celeb. :ohwell:
Meh. I would love to see a bunch of Chuck Norris's and Darth Vader's fighting on Wi-Fi, but they aren't exactly Nintendo. Mii's are still important to the Nintendo franchise and I would rather them be put in, in a way that would at least show Nintendo. Plus there'd be a bunch of Mii's with ****'s on their face along with a few butts. Though maybe they could download Mii's from contests on Check Mii Out.

Yeah tripping when you slip on a banana peel is no more then another attack. Randomly tripping is little different then randomly getting shot with wolf's laser.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I have been thinking about this for a while now. The first thing to do is get Sakurai off of the Smash Bros projects. You need to get someone in who can think of the competitive scene and the casual scene. Someone who is creative and will make an epic game. Someone who will keep to their word.

The most obvious fixes are no more clones. That means a lot of work is going to be needed for Fox, Falco, and Wolf. I don't even know why Gannon is a clone. I am not sure how to fix the space animals but I have some ideas for Gannondorf.

Usmash - Captain Falcons Usmash but more powerful like it was in melee.
Dair - The stomp should stay with Gannon

b- His dark energy orbs from Ocarania of Time. The more you charge it the more that shoot out.
down b - Silver spears fall from above Gannon and land next to him on either side. Somewhat like DK's down B.
side b- He thrust across the stage with his sword out. Like Ike's except, he doesn't have to charge it and he doesn't swing the sword he just runs into his foe.

Uair - He thrust his sword into the air
fair - He swings his sword in front of him. The middle spikes
bair - Like Captain Falcon's bair except add a sword to it.

Dsmash - Gannon slams his sword into the ground causing a small shockwave on both sides of him. Like Charizards D-smash
Fsmash - Could be another sword smash or just a really strong punch

So that is one Clone out of the way.

Story mode: One of the main issues with Story mode was that it was pretty repetitive. You have a wide list of game characters many of which came from side scrollers. Utilize their different level style then just walk around fight enemies reach the end. Through in some jumping, platforming, puzzles, speed runs. I bet you could even get away with some Strategy Role playing levels.

I came up with an idea for a story. It starts out with your villains getting trounced by their respective arch rival and turned into a trophy. Eggman and Master hand round up the villains and create a little alliance between them all. Eggman has hatched a plan that require collecting energy sources in order to power his new secret weapon that will allow the villains to rule their respective worlds. The robot also has the ability to utilize moves from other fighters. So as a side mission the villains are to collect the DNA of all the heroes. In the end the crystal shards, chaos emeralds, powerstars, and triforce of power are rounded up. The robot, I figure would look something like Emerl but maybe a bit more generic, thus gains this immense power and the ability to fight like anyone of the playable characters. Gannondorf and Bowser transfrom into Gannon and Giga bowser. The heroes defeat them. Followed by a fight with Master hand who has used the energy source to summon crazy hand to help him. The robot eventually goes crazy during eggman's repairs after its initial defeat. Everyone has to team up to stop it. The final bout would pay some fan servie to the Mario and Sonic fans as the two would have to team up and go into supercharged forms to fight the robot.

Basically the story mode whould be more varied and have more boss fights.

Classic mode, touch the platfrom and race to the finish would return. All star would once again end with fighting forty Mr. Game and Watch. You would fight the fighting team before facing off with Masterhand again. Score will once again be brought back.

Training mode will now give you more options. You can set the computer to do specific action such as specific attacks. This way you can test thoroughly individual moves and tactics.

I was thinking that Smash balls would be turned into specials. You would build up your special meter based on rewards for certain actions. Teching the ground, wall teching, meteor cancelling, power sheilding, spot dodging an attack. Maybe makes this feature able to be turned off. I think it would add a different dimension to the game. You could no longer spam because your opponent could build up their special. You would have to play a more cautious and less noobish game.

As far as the physics go, I would like to have the game in between Melee and Brawl. Faster than brawl but not as fast as Melee. Not as floaty as brawl either.

Random tripping would be taken out but forcing your opponent to trip by using something like your down tilts will stay in and so will footstool jumps.

I figure the game will be called Super Smash brothers Royale.
This is BRILLIANT! the only things you're missing is better online(the lag doesn't bother me I'm talkin voice-chat DLC more options and no more **** friend codes) and for sonic to get his old VA then this will be perfect.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
- Boo -

First of all, how come no one suggested Boo yet? Anyway, Boo could be like Kirby in terms of jumping. He'll have about 5 or 6 jumps, and when he is standing he will levitate slightly off the ground.

Boo Stats:

Power - 3/5
Speed - 2/5
Attack Speed - 3/5
Recovery - 5/5
Size - 2/5
Weight - 2/5
Fall Speed - 5/5

A: Slap - 4%
AA: Slap with other hand - 6%

B: Ghost Reflector (similar to Zelda's reflector) - 7%

Forward B: Ghost Rush - Boo quickly dashes forward - 10% High knockback

Down B: Summon - Boo summons a small Boo to wander around for a short while. Similiar to Dedede's
Daddle Dee toss. - each Boo does 3-8% Red Boos do 15-20%, very rare

Up B: Boo Cannon (Similar to Charizard's up B) - 1-15%

Forward Tilt: Ghost Punch - 7%
Down Tilt: Shadow Spin - 9%
Up Tilt: Shadow Hop - 10%

Dash Attack: Ghost Run - 5% Sends enemies straight up will good knockback

Forward Smash: Shadow Avenge - 16%
Up Smash: Ghost Uppercut - 18%
Down Smash: Boo Explosion, Boo dissapears then reappears with black and purple flames - 22%

Grab: Boo lunges forward and possesses enemy.
Grab and Attack: Boo Possess Attack (Boo makes the host attack themself in some way) - 2%
Forward Throw: Boo Launcher ( Boo exits enemy and shoves them powerfully forward) - 11%
Down Throw: Boo Flash (Boo dissapears and reappears and in a flash, enemy is thrown into the ground) - 12%
Back Throw: Boo Trasher (Boo exits enemy then tosses them backward) - 9%
Up Throw: Boo Catapult (Boo exits enemy then throws them upward) - 10%

Final Smash: Boo Invasion, Boo dissapears, then hundreds of Boos flood across the screen from side to side - Each Boo does 1%

- Baby Mario and Luigi -

I'm not sure if I'm the first to suggest them, but I think it's a good idea to introduce another team character like the Ice Climbers. Baby Mario and Luigi are also NOT a clone in any way of Mario and Luigi.

*Baby Mario and Luigi can crawl...obviously*

Power - 3/5
Speed - 4/5
Attack Speed - 4/5
Recovery - 3/5
Size - 1/5
Weight - 1/5
Fall Speed - 4/5

A: Baby Mario punches - 2%
AA: Baby Luigi punches - 2%
AAA: Baby Mario kicks - 3%
AAAA: Baby Luigi kicks -3%

B: Spinning Babies (lol) Chargeable, Baby Mario, grabs Luigi's hands and spins him around himself. Spin time is longer depending on how long it was charged. (similar to Link's up B) - 10% - 25%

Forward B: Baby Wheel - Baby Mario and Luigi grab each other's hands or feet and form a circle. Similar to Yoshi's side B. - 6% each hit. Also can be used for recovery

Down B: Fireball Twist, Baby Mario and Luigi spin around toss fireballs around them (similar to the Ice Climbers' down B without the freezing) - 1% -14%

Up B: Baby Toss Jump - Baby Mario throws Baby Luigi while they are holding hands. Baby Luigi will do damage to enemies that he hits while soaring towards the stage. - Baby Luigi does 15% and has very high knockback

Forward Tilt: Baby Swing, Either Baby Mario or Luigi grabs the other one by the hands and swings them in front of them. - 10%
Down Tilt: Baby Twister, Baby Mario and Luigi hold hands and quickly spin around and kick in a circle. - 12%
Up Tilt: Baby Jumppunch, both babies hop up with their fists up in the air, punching above them. - 13%

Dash Attack: Baby Surfer, Baby Luigi slides on his belly while Mario, standing on Luigi's back, kicks the first enemy you run into. - 16% lot of lag

Forward Smash: Super Baby Kick - 20%
Up Smash: Super Baby Uppercut - 21%
Down Smash: Super Baby Rattles (Baby Mario and Luigi each downward swipe in the opposite direction with their rattles) - Each rattle does 15%

Grab: Baby Mario and Luigi pounce at the enemy. Mario latches onto their head, and Luigi wraps his arms around their ankles.
Grab and Attack: Rattle Smack (Both babies smack the enemy with a rattle) - 2%
Forward Throw: Baby Disaster (The babies both swing their rattles at the enemies like baseball bats) - 9%
Down Throw: Baby Trample (The babies jump and trample on their foe who is forced to lie on the ground) - 13%
Back Throw: Baby Chuck (Baby Mario and Luigi hoist the enemy over their heads then throw them backwards) - 9%
Up Throw: Rattle Barrage (The babies toss the enemy into the air and then throw their rattles at the airborne enemy, and catch the rattles after they bounce of the enemy) - 11%

Final Smash: Chain Chomp Romp, Baby Mario and Luigi blow a Chomp Call, and summon a Chain Chomp. They sit on top of it are are able to control it around the stage. Just touching an enemy will cause the Chain Chomp to bash its victim. Lasts for thirty seconds. - 30% incredible knockback

Characters:

- Toon Zelda

Toon Zelda would have the Windwaker/Phantom Hourglass style and would fit perfectly with Toon Link. Her Zelda form would be not be a clone of Zelda. She would be quicker but less powerful. The best part about Toon Zelda would be her transformation into Tetra. Tetra would be a little slower than Sheik - much like how Toon Link is in Brawl, except with a completley new moveset of bombs, ropes, knives, and other pirate things.

- Geno
- Waluigi
- Ridley
- Petey Pirahna
- Birdo (not a clone of yoshi0
- Panther (not a clone of any Star Fox character)
- Black Shadow
- Roy and Mewtwo (not Pichu or D. Mario)
- Lil Mac
- Baby Bowser
- King K. Rool
- Goron

Other Stuff

- Lucario should be given a fighting and steel moveset. He's not pyschic type, so why does he have Mewtwo's attacks?
- Dr. Mario and Racoon Mario should both be one of Mario's costumes
- More team colors. Maybe black and white and yellow.
- Two player online, like mario kart wii.
- Pokemon Trainer's name should be changed to Ash.

- Luigi's Down B should be changed into the vacuum.

Since Mario's Down B was changed to FLUDD, the vacuum from Luigi's Mansion would fit perfectly. It would work sort of like King Dedede's B move. If you hold Down B, you will take out the vacuum and start sucking in front of you. Use the control stick to aim it. If you suck someone in, release B after you've aimed to launch them out. It deals damage to them and to anyone it hits.

Third Party Characters

- Definately Eggman
- Knuckles, Tails, or Shadow (I don't think they'll put in more than one)
- Crash Bandicoot
- Spyro
- Bomberman
- Megaman
- Black Mage

Stages

I think that every single character in the game should have two stages. You get the first one when you unlock the character, and you get the second one by winning 25 Brawls with that character. For example, Mario's standard stage would be a like a simple mushroom level or something. His unlockable stage would be something more unique or challenging, such as a Rainbow Road stage.

I'm not suggesting that the only stages are the two for each character. There definatley should be some neutral stages like Final Destination and Battlefield and maybe something new. There can also be game levels without a character, such as Pictochat and Hanebow were.

I'm Against:

Toad - I don't think Toad is really the brawling type.
Tom Nook - Tom Nook can't be a character. He has no potential as a character, maybe a smashviller character though.
Mii - I didn't like it in Mario Kart and I don't like it in SSB. Miis just don't fit in, and their moveset won't reflect a Mii in anyway because no one has ever seen a Mii fight. Hopefully...
Medli and Makar - Would be cool, but isn't a major enough character to be in SSB.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's simple... Boo is a generic Mario enemy. So many other characters should get in before him.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why no past FF characters? They're very popular (much more so than the CC ones, with good reason), originally appeared on Nintendo consoles, and are famous for their excellent character development, appearances and diverse abilities. Moreover, their games remain hugely successful, and are being constantly remade and enhanceed.

Including characters such as Cecil, Terra and the Black Mage (for example) would also attract gamers familiar with them from other consoles and RPG fans in general.
Sorry, I was referring to the Playstation based characters. Any characters from FFIII (VI) and IV are more than welcome.

Moving on...

Even though Wolf Link and Midna would be great, it is essentially the exact same character as Link (Toon Link is a different Link altogether). I chose Medli & Makar to rep the cel-shaded series (Phantom Hourglass wasn't significant enough to introduce any characters to brawl) just so Toon Link wouldn't be alone. Darbus is a Goron, and nothing beats a Goron -- nothing. I was really annoyed that there were no new Zelda characters in Brawl (Toon Link = Young Link). I guess it's balanced out with the fact that neither Metroid or F-Zero got any new reps.

Anyways, as for that roster I made, there were quite a number of omitted characters such as: Bowser Jr., Birdo, Midna, Linebeck, Pokemon Rival, Dark Samus, Metroid (WTF Character), K.K. Slider, Roy, Banjo-Kazooie, and Cloud (thank me for taking him out), along with a few others not worth mentioning.

I can rework the roster if you guys would like. Suggest some characters and I'll whip 'em up and try to fit them on (the roster isn't spontaneous and is specifically structured, but is quite elastic to some degree). So candidates for dropping are: Tom Nook, Medli & Makar, Dr. Wright (probably switch for Little Mac), and Leon, amongst any others. I could try and fit the Black Knight on there if you guys would like (the only real reason that I didn't is because we would then have: Black Shadow, Black Mage, and Black Knight). Of course, the three would make for a GREAT team in adventure mode or an event match. You guys make the shots, I'll fix it up for ya.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be REALLY cool? If Nintendo would DEBUG THE ****ING GAME next time they release a title in the Smash series. Brawl is so buggy, and not in the good "wavedash-y, L-cancel-y" kind of way that furthers competitive strategy. Need proof? Type "SSBB Glitch" into YouTube, or just watch the below links for examples.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_lKkizHn2zU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9wjVVtVcnE
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1D2ViO...eature=related http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9FECS3...eature=related

Also, lazy programming needs to be fixed. Pre-loading textures, for example. Transform times for Shiek and Pokemon Trainer are not fixed times, but the time it takes to read the textures from the disc. Just pause the game next time you transform as Zelda, wait a few seconds, and un-pause. If you paused when the "glowing light" phase began, you'll transform the instant you un-pause. Don't even get me started on the buffering system. Just...ugh. WHY!? I understand that there will be exploits for any engine, which is how AT's develop, but these kinds of things are simply poor design and oversight on the developers' part.

I don't care about extra features. Adventure mode, Multi-Man Brawl, ridiculous amounts of stickers and trophies, giant amounts of characters, etc mean absolutely nothing if the core gameplay engine, the very foundation of the game, is held together by a sloppy mess of scotch tape, rubberbands, and bubblegum. DEBUG THE GAME, SAKURAI. Only once a solid engine has been built should the bells and whistles be tacked on. Seriously.

My other complaints are lesser, more common ones that many have sympathized with (crap Stage Builder restrictions, 3:00min replay limit, tripping, lag-tastic online). But it surprises me immensely that so few people have sighted the core engine as the thing that needs to be fixed. And though Melee's was great, I don't believe it impossible to design a good competitive engine that isn't Melee-centric. However, shooting it full of glitches and lazy development is not how I would design that engine.

Finally, a superficial "ZOMG HOW COULD THEY!!!1!!!one!" complaint (everyone else is doing it): Tuxedo Snake alternate costume missing from Brawl. A missed opportunity in so many ways.

...but still nowhere near as important as debugging.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Other Stuff

- Lucario should be given a fighting and steel moveset. He's not pyschic type, so why does he have Mewtwo's attacks?
- Dr. Mario and Racoon Mario should both be one of Mario's costumes
- More team colors. Maybe black and white and yellow.
- Two player online, like mario kart wii.
- Pokemon Trainer's name should be changed to Ash.
Lucario's attacks are true to his Pokemon moveset (none are Psychic, except possibly his B<>), and Ash is the name of the anime character, so doesn't actually appear in any games, as he was based on Red (from the manga) who was himself based on the player character in Red/Blue, and given the default name from Red version. No characters from the Kirby or Zelda anime appear in brawl, so why should Pokemon be included?

Other than that, I agree entirely with your post, especially Toon Zelda/Tetra and multiplayer online (on one console).
The game definitely needs Ridley, Pokemon Rival, Saki, Isaac and Black Mage.

ginobeeto

Smash Cadet
- Baby Bowser - (or Koopa Kid or Bowser Jr.)

Baby Bowser is one of the characters that I'd really like to see in ssb4. He makes such a good contrast with a heavy and light character that I think he'd be a unique character. I figure that he might turn out similiar to how Wario is now.

Power - 3/5
Speed - 3/5
Attack Speed - 3/5
Recovery - 2/5
Size -3/5
Weight - 3/5
Fall Speed - 4/5

A: Scratch - 3%
AA: Other Hand Scratch - 3%
AAA: Punch - 5%

B: Fireball - The fireball would be similar to Samus' Chargebeam. You can charge it up and then walk around with it still fully charged. The fireball will be larger and go faster and farther the longer you charge it. - 10% - 20%

Forward B: Fire Claw - Baby Bowser's claws would turn reddish and he would slash in front of him with both hands. 1/8 chance that the attack will supercharge and Baby Bowser will do the attack faster and with an explosion. - 15% Powercharge: 30%

Down B: Shell Defense - Press down and hold B to have Baby Bowser hide inside his shell. This work be able to protect him from projectiles (similar to Pit's shield). Press A while you're hiding in your shell to emerge with a spin attack. - spin attack does 6%

Up B: Cannonball - Baby Bowser will curl into a spinning ball with his spikes out, and you'll be able to aim his path. (Similar to Fox's special jump except it doesn't need to charge up) - 1-17%

Forward Tilt: Claw Swing - Baby Bowser will swing his claw over his head then down to the ground - 11%
Down Tilt: Shell Spinner - Baby Bowser will spin around once with his spikes out (very similar to Squirtle's down A) - 4-12%
Up Tilt: Aerial Flame - Baby Bowser will blow a small flame straight up - 14%

Dash Attack: Fire Tackle - Baby Bowser will charge into his enemy while breathing fire and tackle them to the ground - 17% (very high lag)

Forward Smash: Bowser Chomp - Baby Bowser will bite powerfully in front of him - 23%
Up Smash: Torch Jump - Baby Bowser will jump into the enemy will breathing fire - 28%
Down Smash: Torch Stomp - Baby Bowser's body will be covered in fire as he jumps and ghetto stomps under him - 26%

Final Smash: I'm not sure what it should be, but I'm thinking something with Shadow Mario from Mario sunshine

Competitiveplayerssuck

Smash Rookie
Shadow is better than knuckles. Shadow has more importance in the Sonic games. Shadow helps Sonic save the world. Shadow is way better than knuckles. Shadow is gonna be in SSB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom