• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Seriously?
Well I mean more mental work. The A moves are actually quite good and varied however the b moves are just too similiar for me. I thought about this a bit and couldn't really think of anything that they could do to change the b moves. I thought maybe using like the assault guns instead of the blasters or gernades, but it just seems like any change to their b move will end up making the character pretty broken. I was also trying to think of some good up b moves for each of them. I am just drawing blanks for their b moves.

Anyone Toon link needs to be changed a bit so he isn't a clone. I think a good final smash for toon link would be Four Swords. Toon link splits into four characters. One played by you and the other three are high level computers. Maybe have a set time limit for how long they stay out or whether or not they kill someone.

A lot of people so far have posted really good ideas for fixing story mode and online.

I think the events need to be varied instead of just beating so and so. Specific tasks that you can't win with just brute force. Something fun that we will enjoy doing again to get a better score. There definitely needs to be 51 events for single player and maybe 25 for two player.

The bonuses need to come back.

Stage editor needs to have more options. At least allow us to flip and rotate the piece in multiple ways. Also there needs to be more unlockables for the stage builder.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
I like this idea of using techs to build it up, it would be great. I dont know about spot dodging though, it's a little to easy.
Amazing. Great idea, I love it.

Wolf link would be cool, or maybe the link could switch back and forth the way shiek and zelda can.
Good incorporation. Nice again.

A better stage editor with more control and stage events would be awesome.
... Ultimate yes. :)

P.S. Metalmonster is correct on Fox/Falco/Wolf, B moves need work. Oh, and nice Toon Link Final Smash. :)

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
1. A Sub Menu on the Item On/Off Switch for Poké Balls and Assist Trophies.
2. Bring back all the characters from Melee that didn't return in Brawl except for Dr. Mario, he should be an alternate costume. (That includes Pichu. I don't care if he sucked, he was still a character **** it!)
3. Krystal, because the Starfox series needs more variety in Smash.
4. Ridley. Need I say more?
5. Make the Online not suck.
6. Better Stage Builder.
7. Bring back Melee's physics engine, or something similar.
8. Whatever the new story mode is, make Erazor Djinn a boss.
9. Give Snake some of his guns.
10. Viewtiful Joe, nuff' said.

That's all that comes to mind.

EDIT: I've got a few more.

1. Make Ganondorf not feel like both of his legs are broken.
2. Waluigi.
3. No tripping.
4. I-Ninja
5. Different Final Smashes for the Starfox characters.
"LANDMASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

antimatter

Smash Lord
i'm begging Nintendo at this point.

no sakurai
Geno
Ridley, Sylux, get rid of Zamus
Mewtwo back, get rid of Jigglypuff
no tripping
add Krystal to get her fans to quit b****ing
Bowser Jr, with Shadow Mario b V and with an airship final smash that is piloted by the seven Koopalings
Mega Man X
Isaac
get rid of R.O.B. for the love of God
Waluigi
Bomberman
declone Ganondorf
Lyn
Little Mac
Tabuu for the WTF?!?! character
improved stage builder
better adventure mode, bring back the old minigames, choose between coin launcher and lottery
better, almost lagless wireless
voice chat
changable online matches
fix the final smash, character, stage, and item balancing
as many pokeballs and assist trophies at a time like in melee
DO NOT FORCE US TO PLAY ADVENTURE MODE TO GET CHARACTERS!

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
The textures for sandbag need to be replaced by Sakurai. I am sure everyone needs to vent off severely.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The textures for sandbag need to be replaced by Sakurai. I am sure everyone needs to vent off severely.
I lol'd. That's really interesting, I can imagine it.

"Favorite stage: Waiting Room"

Blizz

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of 'bring all the old characters back'. It'd be cool to have the Fire Emblem trio all in one game. I also think that it'd be nice to have the old levels back too (such as SSB Green Greens and SSBM Fountain of Dreams). Unique target tests again would be cool, along with possibly bringing back 'board the platforms'. Jigglypuff probably needs a buff, too, she got nerfed pretty hard in Brawl.

Also, Ridley being playable is honestly the most ridiculous smash-related comment I've ever heard. I just can't see it happening.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I haven't been really bored enough by Brawl to think of anything new, but they do need to make the stage builder and online better. They also need to speed the game back up again and re-introduce combos.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
My demands

Basic Demands:
1. Passable online, aka, Mario Kart Wii's online
2. The return of the trophy lottery and coin launcher
3. No masterpieces
4. The ability to use your own music in standard play
5. No tripping

Character Demands:
1. Little Mac playable as the next retro character
2. Ridely playable
3. Knuckles playable
4. Megaman playable
5. Louie playable, with different colored pikmin, with different abilities
6. Bowser Jr playable, not as a Bowser clone
7. Krystal playable with her own LANDMASTAH!!!
8. Mii is playable but you cannot use your own. The Mii will have Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto, Sakurai, Nate, whoever is the president of Nintendo of Europe, etc.

If they meet these demands they can do no wrong.

peinoftherain

Smash Rookie
Neku Sakuraba, the main protagonist from the World Ends With You. He has the potential for a unique moveset and the game is a pretty popular ds game. Definitely a good candidate for a 3rd party.........except I don't think Square Enix would allow any of their characters to star in a Smash game..... *cough* Geno *cough*

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
8. Mii is playable but you cannot use your own. The Mii will have Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto, Sakurai, Nate, whoever is the president of Nintendo of Europe, etc.
Nah, that doesn't make any sense. Playing with your Mii is fun, not some Nintendo celeb. :ohwell:

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
As long as they bring Dr.Mario back, I'll be happy.
Feed your opponents sedatives. Make em slower and get em addicted. Kill them from the inside.

Talk about one helluva final smash.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
This would be my roster by series:
Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Wario, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Birdo, Bowswer, Geno
Zelda/Sheik, Link, Majora's Mask Link/Toon link(you can pick which one to use like Samus and Zamus) Ganon, Vaati, Nabooru.
DK, Diddy, Dixie, Tiny, K.rool
Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, Leon, Panther
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, P.Trainer, Pulse & Minum
Ike, Lyn, Marth, Roy
Ness, Lucas, Claus, Paula
Kirby, DeDeDe, MetaKnight, Dynablade
C.Falcon, Black Shadow
Samus/Zamus, Ridley, Dark Samus
Olimar-ROB-Game & Watch-Ice Climbers-Pit-Isaac-Lip-
Sonic - Snake - Bomberman - Megaman

This adds up to 66 characters
13-girls
16- antagonists

Fix adventure modes repeditiveness. Make it so the characters fight each other more i liked this adventure mode when you fought in the battles like lucas vs wario, mario and pit vs yoshi and link. If they could pull this off then they could become creative with the storyline.
-I would have have it so 6 combatants could fight at a time, like multiman melees.
-No tripping
-Declone Ganondorf, toonlink, and lucas.
Star fox they can declone falco a bit more, but otherwise i like that they all play the same way, there fore i think they should just give them all a reflector, and a fire fox like recovery. And a Blaster, O and NO CLONED LANDMASTERS
-Make it so you can only air dodge once.
-No stickers, masterpieces.
-Give each character a home stage like melee did in all star mode
- bring most stages back, and any n64 ones bring them back but make there graphics spectacular.
-Better stage builder, trophies, items,
-Give alternate costumes(not alternate characters, thats a stupid idea)
Lastlly in the records, record the KO's computers get, why they stopped doing this in brawl is beyond me.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I don't know what's with all the Sakurai hate. He's the best canidate really for a Smash game. He's knows the franchise the best (he made most of Brawl) and has made 3 stellar games. He just didn't balance it for Smashboards. Things like chain grabbing he wouldn't test because what is there too test. Hindsight is much easier then Foresight. It easy to point out Brawls faults but they may very well be thinks any one of you would have missed.

Now, I do have a question. I have three characters and I'm trying to cut one. They are......
Sukapon from Joy Mecha Fighter-Obscure Japan-only character. Also, a character Japanese smash fans really want (also pretty unique)
Geno-Duh. Highly requested and a unique fighter
Sami-Another AW character, female, and also would make a good alternate to Andy.

Thand

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, my hopes and dream for SSB4... I put the more important ones in orange.

1. The obvious things, more characters, stages, features, improved online play, etc.

- As for what characters, I'm not exactly pining for anyone in particular. However, one character who comes to mind that I believe would fit perfectly is Viewtiful Joe.

2. No Tripping.

3. More intended mechanics.

- I just think it would be nice if there were more developer-intend abilities... such as being able to charge aerials, more abilities that are diverse in usage and take proper timing to use to their maximum efficiency (think Marth's Sword Dance), and a built in, wavedash-like mechanic (just the ability to be able to quickly step forward and back while facing the same direction, and like walking, be able to do any attack out of it).

4. Two different primary modes of play.

- This idea was inspired by three things: All the complaints about Brawl's lack of depth, Nintendo's efforts of expanding the gaming market by making more user-friendly games, and Madden. The idea is still in it's infancy, but basically, it works like this: You have a normal mode, and a family mode. Family mode would be much like Brawl is now, maybe even more basic (Running, Sheilding, B moves, and Smash Attacks). Normal mode would open up some more familiar techniques, like fast falling, spot dodging, and maybe the new mechanics mentioned in point 3.

5. Heavier characters.

6. Tag-team as a standard, or special mode.

- The ability to pick two or more characters before a game. In-match, it would work not unlike PT's Switch Out.

7. Team abilities.

- When characters are teamed up, special cooperative abilities can be used if certain conditions are met.

That's about it.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
lol, ssb4 won't happen for awhile now. you know how hard nintendo worked on brawl? hard as ****.

I'm supprised people are even talking about ssb4. as if they were ungrateful that a new smash game is ever out, lol

personally though, I don't think Sakurai would change anything at all. He worked hard just to make Brawl the way Melee and ssb64 were supposed to be played, so I'm sure if he made a new game, it would be just the same.

maybe tripping will be out though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not making character predictions now.

Who knows? Someone new and exciting may come along in two years or so and whip everyone else.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Demands:
1. implementation of L canceling/Wavedashing
2. Increased hit stun
3. If power shielding is to be very good both offense and defense, the powershield should not only allow you to attakc immediately, but cause your opponents attack to have a longer cool down time.
4. Sweet spotting should be removed or less powerful (seriously grabbing from two arm lengths away is stupid)
5. Isaac/Krystal/Roy should be playable in the next game. Roy could have an entirely different moveset.
6. Ganandorf gets a unique moveset. He cana lso use a sword
7. Link's recovery should be improved.
8. Tether recoveries should attach to the walls instead of just the ledges.
9. Tripping removed.
10. Better testing. Seriously the number of glitches in the game is staggering.
11. Fix the hitboxes. WTF is up with Snake's U tilt and F tilt!?
12. Tether grabs shoulkd grab opponents in the air. (Seriously why can;t I claw shot someone who is heading for the ledge? It does grab onto them per say)
13. Mewtwo should come back. Cmon he's the friggin original uber.
14. Final smashes were good, they should come back in all their broken glory.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Demands:
1. implementation of L canceling/Wavedashing
2. Increased hit stun
3. If power shielding is to be very good both offense and defense, the powershield should not only allow you to attakc immediately, but cause your opponents attack to have a longer cool down time.
4. Sweet spotting should be removed or less powerful (seriously grabbing from two arm lengths away is stupid)
5. Isaac/Krystal/Roy should be playable in the next game. Roy could have an entirely different moveset.
6. Ganandorf gets a unique moveset. He cana lso use a sword
7. Link's recovery should be improved.
8. Tether recoveries should attach to the walls instead of just the ledges.
9. Tripping removed.
10. Better testing. Seriously the number of glitches in the game is staggering.
11. Fix the hitboxes. WTF is up with Snake's U tilt and F tilt!?
12. Tether grabs shoulkd grab opponents in the air. (Seriously why can;t I claw shot someone who is heading for the ledge? It does grab onto them per say)
13. Mewtwo should come back. Cmon he's the friggin original uber.
14. Final smashes were good, they should come back in all their broken glory.
In the Next SSB, Ganondorf should be spelled correctly. MIRITE?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
WOMG! A SLIGHT TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR RESULTING FROM THE PRONOUNCIATION OF A WORD.

O NOZ!

If you are going to nitpick, at least do it properly.
Notice how I didn't use a common in Cmon?
It should be C'MON not CMON. Lrn2nitpick

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Ehhh.
I'm not too worried about little things like that.
By the way, it is not a comma nor a COMMON in Cmon.
That would be an apostrophe.

kthxbai.
Back on topic, plz.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Meh who cares, what it is or not does not necessarily matter to me provided it is used correctly.

It's contradictory to say you do not care if you are pointing out minor typo.
As such you can not say you are not too worried about minor errors.

If you point out something minor, it only makes sense to point out the other minor errors in my earlier paragraph.

It helps not to nitpick at minor errors if you are making the errors yourself.
Phission mailed

tl;dr: You're being an annoyance.

Nitpicking is fun yes?

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf is quite a major typo, that being a proper noun.
The little things such as apostrophes in slang terms are not things to worry about.

I apologize for the semi-flame and the nitpicking, and if we could please get back on topic, I'm sure myself, you, and all the other Smashboarders would appreciate it.

By the Way, I read your whole post.
GG.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
No not really.
The typo is only major once it starts to infringe upon the pronounciation of the word.
If it were that Ganondorf was spelled Gonondorf that would be something else entirely.
The pronounciation of the word would definitely have been affected and would be considered more major. Not only because it is a noun.

I am not looking for an apology. My point is that before one should point out one error, the others as well should be pointed out. mainly due to consistency.

I know you read my entire post which is the result of my comments above.

Moving on... should Wolf appear in the next game or be replaced?
I think we need more antagonists.

Croco

Smash Lord
Not expecting a new game for 4+ years.
Would enjoy more gameboy references.. characters, stages, and music.. etc.
That is all. ;)

antimatter

Smash Lord
you actually think i gave a rat's *** about it not being melee 2.0? I spent months trying to convince others to give brawl a shot. but, it's just not nearly as fun as I hoped it would be. none of the characters i thought even had a shot made it in, the stages are either boring or unbalanced, the final smashes leave something to be desired, stickers and masterpiecestaking up space, almost no good trophies, unfun adventure mode, lackluster stage builder, crappy online, f***ing rob! and TRIPPING! dear God, what was sakurai smoking when he came up with that? i actually liked hearing the fact that there was no wavedashing or other advanced techniques, but sakurai's handiwork soiled the latest entry in the smash series.

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
WOMG! A SLIGHT TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR RESULTING FROM THE PRONOUNCIATION OF A WORD.

O NOZ!

If you are going to nitpick, at least do it properly.
Notice how I didn't use a common in Cmon?
It should be C'MON not CMON. Lrn2nitpick
On the subject of nitpicking, you seem to be misspelling 'pronunciation' as 'pronounciation'.
Sorry for going back to this discussion, especially as it didn't involve me...

On topic, Felix, Jenna, Saki, Shadow and Terra (or maybe Celes) for SSB4!.

And Ganondorf needs a new moveset...

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
I doubt there will be a new game for atleast four years, but when it does I would just like to see more characters and stages. It's more fun with the more variety there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom