• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Final smashes need toned down, they are FINAL. so they are supposed to be powerful.
Bowser jr, toad, waluigi, and daisy are not lame. They are very cool characters that are either new or aren't get as much attention they need to be uber awesome. I'm ok without the retro form but i do agree we need more costumes.

It would be fun if you could unlock costumes. Better yet would be a smash store where you save up your coins to buy things. You could buy trophies, music, stage builder parts, costumes, maybe even characters and stages. Of course you could unlock things normally but i would think it would be fun to choose when you battle to get a certain character. also you could get the hard to unlock characters sooner. You would get coins in classic, adventure, and other ways.

justaway12

Smash Master
Saving up your coins would be fun but it would be to easy to get things IMO I already have 9999 coins and even if it did go higher in the next game I think it still would be to easy I have had 9999 coins for a long time and i'm pretty sure I earned a lot more but I guess they could make the prices extremly expensive.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Why can't Toad be a fighter? A moveset can be thought up for just about any character, including Toad. Some of his attacks could be like this:

vB=Turnips- They work just like Peach's, except that Toad pulls them out almost insantanious and that he can only pull out normal turnips. Think of it like Charizard's Flamethrower to Bowser's Fire Breath. I'm 99% sure that Toad would have a turnip attack that's like Peach's if he ever got into Smash.
>B=Wario's Woods move- Toad kicks one of the blocks or enemies from Wario's Woods at an opponent like the Ice Climber's >B except that he would kick a random block/enemy that would have different effects.
B=Hammer Swing- Toad grabs his hammer and whacks his opponent. You can charge it up like Marth/Roy/Ike's B to make it more powerful. An uncharged swing is weak, but it's good for comboing. The more times you hit with his weak swing, the less hitstun it will give off.
^B=Toad Spaceship/Jetpack- One of the spaceships that the Toads used in SMG. Toad would get into the spaceship and slowly rise up. While it's easier to get spiked since the spaceship acts as parts of Toad's hitboxes, Toad would recieve half the knockback and damage he would normally recieve. Also, his ^B would change to be a jetpack like Diddy's untill he gets back to the stage if Toad is hit out of his spaceship.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
I see Toad as a AT than a fighter since that fits him perfectly see how that's been his primary whole in the Mario series. As for Gannondorf, I rather see himhave the Trident than a sword, we already have plenty of swordplay characters. A trident would bring something more new to the table than a sword.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Toad get's in as a playable character, I swear I just cringed for the thought of it. D=

gantrain05

Smash Master
they should make a fat evil pig "ganon" character and then the good ol "gannondorf" character with a sword, and give ganon the trident, they are techically two different chars.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Because instead of working on cloaning characters the developers should make more unique ones. Why is a second Ganon more important than having Toad or Megaman or Geno in?
why can't a second ganon AND toad/geno/megaman be in? and HOW THE HELL would a pig ganon even be CLOSE to a clone of anything....and then DECLONING ganondorf by giving him his sword moveset would create even LESS clones....i don't see your point at all.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to give Ganondorf a sword to declone him..he's better without one, he's ****in Ganondorf!

Also, I'm pretty sure Capcom declined when Nintendo tried to get Megaman in Brawl.

Anyways..A list of characters that should be made(in no particular order)

1. Waluigi. Why not? Another Mario character with a unique moveset(maybe a tennis racket, his stomping ability, extendo glove and whatnot)

2. Bowser Jr. Again, why not? It's another unique Mario character.

3. King K. Rool. DK still only has 2 reps despite having 5(count em, 5..) timeless classics under his belt. Why isn't his main villain in the game?

4. While you're at it, why not the rest of the DK crew? DK seems to have been forgotten lately what with his new games being random non-platformer games and nobody(except DK mains) liking his stage, and the other one is a scroller.. Lanky Kong and Chunky Kong would be great, and maybe a Dixie and Kiddy tag-team situation(not like ice climbers, more like sheik and zelda..like they are in DKC3)

5. Everyone seems to love Isaac, even though I don't know who he is. If he's from a popular nintendo game and he'd be good in Smash Bros, why not?

6. Bomberman. Barring licensing problems there is no reason he shouldn't be in Smash Brothers. All of his greatest games were on Nintendo systems and he has an array of different vehicles and abilities that would make for a great Smash Bros moveset(Plus now that music is customizable to some extent you gotta love that Bomberman Hero music.)

7. Keep the 3rd party characters, they are gaming legends.

8. Krystal. Now, I'm a bigger fan of Leon because I am an extreme sexist when it comes to video games but everybody seems to like her and want her in(even though she only exists to be female and wasn't in Star Fox 64, the last good SF game)

9. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, ice climbers situation. This would be beyond sweet.

10. IF they decided to add more characters from the 3rd party chars I'd suggest Tails and Raiden(just because I know Solidus would never get in)

11. Hard to think of any more truly deserving characters but there are some others like Skull Kid who would just be a nice addition.

If all of these characters were added that would make 48 characters in the next Smash Bros, and that would be MUCH better than a beefed up single player mode. SSE was nice, but this game will never be a single player game, it will always be a game you play with your friends and at parties etc. and if they made the online mode better you wouldn't even need real friends :D

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
and then DECLONING ganondorf by giving him his sword moveset would create even LESS clones
Oh wow, I'm posting a post in here again. Anyway, gotta debunk this guy here.

Ganondorf was, according to Sakurai himself, LUCKY that he got in Melee because of his similar physique to Captain Falcon.
Considering Ganondorf wasn't really changed at all in Brawl, he most likely will keep his cloney moveset and be a bit more luigified. That's what it will be in the end.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Gannon deserves better then a double KO chokeslam. He needs to be a Sword/fighter. Kind of like Link or maybe like Zss where he pulls his sword out for certain moves.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
(people might have said this couple of time) i think knuckles should be in ssbb4 since hes a fighter

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
(people might have said this couple of time) i think knuckles should be in ssbb4 since hes a fighter
I would prefer Shadow, since he's more important to the Sonic series now. And he uses chaos which would just make him awesome. He's also more hardcore than Knux.

But Knux would be cool, I would choose either one over Robotnik

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nah, the best choice is Knuckles.

Knuckles has been my favorite Sonic character since the old school.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I just hope they don't make the roster too BIG. Its size is fine in Brawl, but if they add any more, the character select screen is just gonna look confusing >_>
I also think too many characters will make the game imbalanced. It's easier to balance, like, 20 characters than it is to balance 50.

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
Also, I'm pretty sure Capcom declined when Nintendo tried to get Megaman in Brawl.
From what I've heard both Sakurai and Capcom were waiting for the other to ask about Megaman being in Brawl, but neither side ever did. Capcom said if Sakurai asked they would have let him use him.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Well I read like the first 30 pages of this and then saw it was a thousand pages so I give up. I'm gonna post now.

Alright, here's what I want for SSB4. First of all the obvious stuff. A better stage builder is a must. I was really excited about the stage builder, that was like my most anticipated thing about Brawl, then it sucked and I cried. Needs MORE backgrounds. Many, many more backgrounds, and more scenery. I want to make my stages look pretty.

Get rid of tripping. Sakurai was tripping when he put in tripping.

More varied Final Smashes. And by this I mean that Link and Toon Link should have different Final Smashes. No, the Fox Final Smashes are fine. In fact let's make more landmasters. In fact let's just make every character's final smash a landmaster. Let's have a mode where the characters all get in landmasters and have landmaster fights. And we can call the game Super Smash Bros. 4: Landmaster

Next up is obviously reverse all the stuff they did to make Brawl's gameplay inferior to Melee's. Melee is much funner than Brawl. Brawl feels weird.

Now for stages: They need to bring back Termina: Great Bay from Melee. That was like my favorite stage, ever. When I found out that wasn't in Brawl I was on suicide watch for a few months. We also need the 64 stages back, mainly Hyrule Castle and Saffron City. And we need more new stages. More Zelda stages. Better Zelda stages. None of this hey I'm a huge flat bridge with a guy on a rhino crap. We need a Lost Woods stage. They need to make a Lost Woods stage. Yes.

Characters: Lots more new characters. Final roster should be 50 - 65 characters. More third parties. Anti-third party people are just being silly. Ninty is running out of fun new characters and third parties enhance the experience. Granted the third parties should fit in with the rest of the smash bros atmosphere (which means no Master Chief and no Sephiroth). I think we should have around 10 third parties in the next game.

High priority:

Megaman, Tails/Knuckles/Shadow, Geno, Ridley, Waluigi, Mewtwo.

Megaman is awesome. He fits in perfectly with the rest of the roster. We need Megaman. We also need another Sonic character or two. Tails would be great because I have always wanted to beat the crap out of Tails. Knuckles would have a great moveset. Shadow for the same reason as Tails. I don't see Shadow as being a Sonic clone though, he has chaos moves, and also he has a gun and a motorcycle. I'm just joking on the last part, please don't flame me. Geno would be a great, unique character. I've never played a Metroid game but Metroid needs more rep and Ridley looks pretty awesome, I don't think size is n issue. Forget you Waluigi haters, I want to have Mario and Luigi vs Wario and Waluigi fights. Mewtwo is the only Pokemon that I care about.

Medium priority:

Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Knuckle Joe, Krystal, Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman.

DK series deserves more rep. Dixie Kong is a great character. None of this Dixie Kong and Diddy Kong in the same character stuff either, it'd be cool to have them on an actual team though. Dixie Kong could fly the way she does in Donkey Kong Country by twirling her hair or whatever. K. Rool is another big bad guy. I've never played an F Zero game either but Samurai G oroh and Black Shadow both seem like interesting characters and Falcon has been around since the first game, I don't think 3 characters is out of the question for F-Zero. Knuckle Joe would just be cool but I'm not all that concerned about him, Krystal just for more female rep and because of her staff. Viewtiful Joe because he's awesome and unique. Bomberman because he's Bomberman, man.

Low priority:

Birdo, Paula, Midna, Skull Kid, Mask Link, Lyndis, Isaac, Pacman, Bowser Jr.

Birdo I don't think would end up being a Yoshi clone. She could be heavier, she can spit eggs. I don't know. I just don't think she'd be a clone. Paula to replace Lucas for the Mother series. Lucas is lame, I don't like Lucas. Midna, yeah. More variety in the Zelda characters, not just more versions of Link. Toon Link is bad enough, Toon Link AND Toon Zelda would be sad. Skull Kid because I love Majora's Mask. Mask Link just to find some way of making Fierce Diety Link, the most awesome thing ever, playable. Lyndis because female rep fire emblem blah blah blah. Isaac because people are in love with him. Pacman because his Final Smash is obvious and awesome, and because we could have a cool pacman arcade stage. Bowser Jr. has moveset potential.

Characters that I would love to be in but never will:

NiGHTS, Banjo & Kazooie, Master Higgins.

NiGHTS would be epic. Banjo & Kazooie debuted on a Nintendo system and they fit in with the rest of the cast pretty well. Master Higgins because I like dreaming. He was the main character in the Adventure Island series, which if I remember correctly had 3 titles on the NES and 2 on the SNES. I only played the SNES ones but they were great, and he's a great character.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Bowser Jr. seems like a pretty cool character, yeah. He's evolved his own personality and he'd be like a fast Bowser, and that shadow mario thing everyone's always talking about sounds pretty cool, I never played sunshine though, I generally dislike the 3D Marios. As for Waluigi I just really wanna have four guys in caps and overalls running around on stage. Diasy I only think deserves to be in if they can think of some unique moveset for her, which would be rather difficult...there's already enough mario rep. Toad, I dunno. Maybe.

justaway12

Smash Master
He wouldn't really be a bowser clone he can't spew fire and he has a magic paint brush but 4 guys in overalls running around would be fun and daisy can't be a clone of peach but that isn't important.

Toad,daisy and everyone else I don't think deserve to be in brawl I was just saying if they are going to add one more mario character I think Bowser jr. would have the best chance and Waluigi would have a better chance of getting in than everyone else and toad/daisy over the rest.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Hm what would be a possible Daisy moveset that isn't a Peach clone? I can't think of one.

justaway12

Smash Master
Well Peachs moveset came out of games she starred in
Turnip/flaot:Super mario bros 2
Frying pan:Super mario RPG
Tennis racket: Mario power tennis
etc.

They can just take daisys moves out of sports games but i'm not sure about her I think an alt.coustume is just fine enough and they could probably change peachs personality to daisy but I don't care that much about daisy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hm what would be a possible Daisy moveset that isn't a Peach clone? I can't think of one.
It's easy to think of some, like you can make Daisy do flower like attacks, or crystal like attacks kind of like Mario Strikers Charaged. Though I wouldn't count Super Sluggers because since Ness is known for his bat, that would be copying sourt of speak. I can think of a lot of great moves for Daisy and she kind of don't need her dress but the Strikers Charged outfit because it kind of fit's her character.

The only problem is that Daisy is getting less and less important to the Mario series, if she played a main role again, then of course her chance of getting in Playable will probably be higher than Bowser Jr. because she's been a Mario character since Mario Land for GB and has a weird but fun character.

2J94

Smash Cadet
All I want is Banjo-Kazooie, Megaman, Zero, Airman (GA TAOSENAI), Tyranitar (best pokemon), Shy Guy, Shadow (should be like the Ganondorf of Sonic). Bomberman would not be bad as well.

Ice!

Smash Apprentice
There are enough Mario characters in SSB already, Bowser Jr would be exactly like Bowser but Toon Link style, Waluigi must remain as an assist trophy, Toad is totally pointless, Daisy = Peach's clone, Dry Bones..., also there are too many Mario stages. *sigh*

justaway12

Smash Master
There are enough Mario characters in SSB already, Bowser Jr would be exactly like Bowser but Toon Link style, Waluigi must remain as an assist trophy, Toad is totally pointless, Daisy = Peach's clone, Dry Bones..., also there are too many Mario stages. *sigh*
No offence but did you even read some of the posts just because Daisy looks like Peach doesn't mean she will be a clone especially since Peachs move were taken out of her game (but I don't care THAT much about Daisy), Bowser jr. ISN'T a clone because his paintbrush would make him unique and he can't spew fire, Wluigi would make a good addition also Mario bros. and Wario bros. would be fun he is like Warios Luigi and I also don't care about Toad but it could be possible and of course there are a lot of mario stages he is mr.nintendo although I wouldn't care if one or two gets out but I do want Princess peachs castle too back.

@2J94:Banjo-Kazooie is owned by rare I think, I'm not sure about shy guy, tails>shoadow IMO and tyranitar could be a pokeball but I'm not sure about a playable character....but I'm not sure about that.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Viper your big, shiny font scared me.

anyway a lot of people keep saying it would be easy to make a non-clone Diasy move list but I've never seen anyone actually make one...personally I can't think of anything that Daisy has that is really unique to her, and the Mario characters using the sports stuff is getting old.

Also there should be a Duck Hunt stage, with the guy popping out and shooting at you as a stage hazard. And a Clock Tower stage for Skull Kid would be wicked. A new Wario stage could be some kind of Wario's Woods stage, and Sonic series could have a stage from ARK. Lastly we need a stage for Temple of Time, because the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess was just awesome.

DDC20XL

Smash Rookie
Bump Tails. I'd love to see Knux.

and Zero (MMZ ver.) debued on GBA, i think he's got as much a chance as Megaman (who i don't mind as long as its X. command mission ver. preferably).

Personally i'd like to see Saki (who appeared as an assist trophy in brawl) be brought in and for ROY to be brought back. I miss the little pyromaniac.

I also like to see a better Stage editor and longer replay recordings.

justaway12

Smash Master
@Caedus: I only suggested sports game because that is the only possibilty I can think of and if she does get in that is the only thing they could take I think that's why I wouldn't get my hopes up for her but I don't really care about her that's why I think she would be good as alt. coustume and I guess they could probably change her personallity and give a part in SSE as a clone but not get her as a playable character, and don't worry about Viper I keep seeing him change it over and over but if you ever quote him you'll see how hard it is for him to post. You really were creative with the stages I'd love to see one of them especially that duck hunt stages maybe if you get hit that dog can come and laugh you or maybe he could be another useless assit trophy.

@DDC20XL:WHY tails is SO much cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom