• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
It's beyond me why Sheik wasn't removed too, it was probably her popularity on Smash.
It's beyond me as to why Sheik was EVER introduced. She was a character that sat in the shadows and did nothing for most of the game except to teach Link songs and help him along his quest with pointers and advice.

The same role is played by both the Golden Wolf and Midna in Twilight Princess... If you justify Sheik as an important part of the LoZ series, then why not the Golden Wolf (undead warrior) or at least Midna as Midna at least helped out and was with Link for most of the game.

However, now that Sheik's in SSB, I don't want her to leave. :lick:

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
On the Pokemon mater,I can imagine Meowth being in SSB4 for sure,hes more important than Jiggles is.
I can imagine PT being remade Red,or even Ash.Blaziken or even Gardevoir could be a 3rd gen rep.

They can easily add several Mario characters to make it so than Mario still has teh most reps in Smash brothers.

On the Sheik mater,shes the Smash series token Ninja.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Same reason why no one wants Lucario or Ike to leave. They are fun characters that people like to play as. Seriously, why remove anyone? It's not like disk space will be a problem, and they'll only have to update a few moves and change the graphics for those returning characters. It takes much less time than adding new characters, and you don't get people complaining about their favorite character disappearing.

I think people just want Lucario gone because he's a 4th gen. Not because he's unimportant (Jiggly's unimportant), not because he's bad (He isn't.), not because he replaced Mewtwo (Why not have them both?), but because he's from the 4th generation of Pokemon.

The reason she should stay is because she's a unique character that has a massive fanbase like *cough* Lucario *cough* and *cough* Ike *cough*.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Voice Chat would not work. As I've stated before, blackmail will be common. Nintendo does not like getting sued! Names in With Anyone don't work either. Since 5 characters are the max, so many vulgar things could appear. Sakurai was right on this. Friend Codes are okay and help make things a bit better, but we need a better system, I agree.
Lol.

Who cares if you see something Vulgar? You could probaly see someone named ***** in Mario Kart DS. Not to mention Nintendo could have name filters.

You can't get sued for voicechat. Blackmail? What the **** are you saying? It would definetly work.

How are Friend Codes even close to okay? You've never played Xbox Live before.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Wrong. HAL REMOVED Roy because his game was a failure. Despite Roy's appearance in Melee, FE6 didn't sell very well. Not only that, but he didn't represent the Fire Emblem series in its best light. You wouldn't represent the Final Fantasy series with Final Fantasy 4, or whatever, if it was theoretically speaking an unpopular game.

They introduced Ike because he was the latest Lord as of FE9 when HAL started production on Brawl. However, when they finished Ike, FE10 was released and that CEMENTED Ike's importance to the FE franchise. Ike's story was so vast that it required TWO games to tell it, and by the way the story ended, if Ike and Soren had a maxed Support relationship, then Ike and Soren would both travel together to a foreign land to experience new adventures. Most other FE games end with "and the kingdom lived happily ever after with no evil dragons or sorcerers trying to kill the protagonist of the story".

If Intelligent Systems desires it, they can pick up on those said adventures on a distant land. However, they don't have to. Ike has starred in as many storyline games as Marth (IE: FE1 + FE3 for Marth. FE1:DS is not a seperate storyline) and he's regarded as the international Lord representative of Fire Emblem while Marth is regarded as the Japanese Lord representative of Fire Emblem. If he stars in a THIRD game, then he's more important than Marth is to FE, which is ridiculous.

If Ike doesn't make a THIRD game there's no reason to include him?!

I LISTED THIRTEEN REASONS! You have YET to point out one solid fact why Ike would be removed from SSB4. All you've stated is mindless jibber-jabber such as Ike is only in as the 2nd FE rep to advertise the newest FE game, which you have no evidence of whatsoever.

UNLIKE ROY, IKE IS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT.

For example, let's say that Intelligent Systems, NEVER CREATED FE6, opting out to instead do nothing. Would it hurt the current Fire Emblem franchise as it is now? It would hurt, but not enough. Let's say Intelligent Systems NEVER CREATED FE9 and FE10. Would the removal of Ike devastate what Intelligent Systems has created and innovated for the Fire Emblem franchise? OF COURSE!

In terms of American Lord popularity:
Ike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hector > Lyn >>>>>> Ephraim > Eliwood > Eirika

Ike represents the new direction and new innovation Intelligent Systems has created and acheived success from. A new FE Lord can't just replace what FE9 + FE10 has build for Intelligent System's Fire Emblem franchise. A new FE11 Lord may continue the innovation Intelligent Systems incorporates in its fantasy tactics based games, but it can never replace Ike.

Besides, who the hell says there's going to be only TWO FE representatives in SSB4 AGAIN? In the next 6 - 7 years, FE11 and FE12 may be developed and that would warrant the inclusion of a 3rd FE representative.

Marth + Ike are concrete FE Lords.

The third can either represent the greatest classic FEs, like Sigurd of FE4, or represent the new lord if Intelligent Systems feels it's been thorough with Ike's story.

If you really continue with this crap that Ike will be removed, then I can only regard you as a fool from this point onwards.
You keep telling yourself that. I'll be laughing at you when SSB4 comes out.

Edit: Crap, double post, I meant to edit this into the last one.

It's spelled RIDICULOUS, ya mooks. :p
I know, I was making fun of his typo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
On the Pokemon mater,I can imagine Meowth being in SSB4 for sure,hes more important than Jiggles is.
I can imagine PT being remade Red,or even Ash.Blaziken or even Gardevoir could be a 3rd gen rep.

They can easily add several Mario characters to make it so than Mario still has teh most reps in Smash brothers.

If Sheik is the token ninja, then Captain Syrup must get in the next game so she can be the token pirate.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
If Sheik is the token ninja, then Captain Syrup must get in the next game so she can be the token pirate.
Indeed he shall.

But I was being sarcastic about her being the token ninja.
Shes the alter ego of Princess Zelda,I think she only didnt appear in one Zelda game,Majoras Mask.
So shes somewhat important.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Toon Link.

Captain Syrup is a loser anyways.

Nuff' said.

Indeed he shall.

Shes the alter ego of Princess Zelda,I think she only didnt appear in one Zelda game,Majoras Mask.
What do you mean the only Zelda game she wasn't in was MM? The only Zelda game she WAS in was OOT.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I can imagine PT being remade Red,or even Ash.
1. Sakurai already said that he doesn't want to put in characters that originated from Anime, including Pokemon characters.

2. Dear god, no. Red? Yes. Ash? Eww. This is what we get for the Pokemon anime being released with Red/Blue after Japan already had the games and anime running for at least a year, I guess.

Blaziken or even Gardevoir could be a 3rd gen rep.
Gardevoir was one of the few (and I mean a few) Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire that didn't make me feel like vomiting in response. I doubt it, but with movesets I've seen, she wouldn't be that bad, but I'd like others before her. Blaziken, on the other hand, although it's because I was sick with the flue, I did vomit when I got Blaziken that day.

Indeed he shall.
He? HE!? No offense, but do you know who Captain Syrup is?

D

Deleted member

Ike will stay. Lucario will probably not.

End of discussion.

Anyway, on the Shiek matter, he (you know i'm kidding) is indeed the smash token ninja

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Indeed he shall.

Captain Syrup is a girl.

Wait, then that means....

Ninja vs. Pirate catfight!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's beyond me as to why Sheik was EVER introduced. She was a character that sat in the shadows and did nothing for most of the game except to teach Link songs and help him along his quest with pointers and advice.

The same role is played by both the Golden Wolf and Midna in Twilight Princess... If you justify Sheik as an important part of the LoZ series, then why not the Golden Wolf (undead warrior) or at least Midna as Midna at least helped out and was with Link for most of the game.

Ugh. I don't even know what to say. Only an idiot would say something like that.

Shiek is Zelda. You know, that's only kind of important to the game.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
1. Sakurai already said that he doesn't want to put in characters that originated from Anime, including Pokemon characters.

2. Dear god, no. Red? Yes. Ash? Eww. This is what we get for the Pokemon anime being released with Red/Blue after Japan already had the games and anime running for at least a year, I guess.
This made me laugh. I love how so many Pokemon fanboys try their hardest to seperate Red and Ash and make a big deal when someone calls Red "Ash" or Ash "Red". Same person pretty much.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Ike will stay. Lucario will probably not.

End of discussion.
Explain why either one has to leave. Actually, explain why Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Shiek, and Toon Link aren't getting the boot? Zero Suit Samus was important in... ONE metroid game. Falco is like Fox's Luigi, only he doesn't come from the most popular major Nintendo franchise, doesn't have a single game of his own, and is still a semi-clone. Shiek was in one Zelda game as an unimportant character and will never be in another. Toon Link is a clone, and could be interpreted as "advertising" for Phantom Hourglass, like Ike is advertising for Radiant Dawn.

Anyway, on the Shiek matter, he (you know i'm kidding) is indeed the smash token ninja
Yeah, that's such a good reason to keep her in. Completely based on opinion of a few people, impossible to counter as it's opinion based, and it makes no more sense than saying Ike is the smash token heavy swordsman or Lucario is the smash token martial artist.

This made me laugh. I love how so many Pokemon fanboys try their hardest to seperate Red and Ash and make a big deal when someone calls Red "Ash" or Ash "Red". Same person pretty much.
Well, considering they're completely different characters who only look alike slightly... Then again, why am I arguing with you? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Hint about Manga Red: He doesn't walk around with two gym leaders and he doesn't want to be friends with the Elite Four.

Game Red could be called anything, as it's essentially the trainer from red and blue.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Explain why either one has to leave. Actually, explain why Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Shiek, and Toon Link aren't getting the boot? Zero Suit Samus was important in... ONE metroid game. Falco is like Fox's Luigi, only he doesn't come from the most popular major Nintendo franchise, doesn't have a single game of his own, and is still a semi-clone. Shiek was in one Zelda game as an unimportant character and will never be in another. Toon Link is a clone, and could be interpreted as "advertising" for Phantom Hourglass, like Ike is advertising for Radiant Dawn.
Because they're only going to be popular now. Deoxys was extremely popular before the 4th gen. No one cares about him now. By the time SSB4 rolls around, the 6th gen will probaly be out and everyone will have forgotten about Lucario. There will probaly be a new lord in town for Fire Emblem as well.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that's such a good reason to keep her in. Completely based on opinion of a few people, impossible to counter as it's opinion based, and it makes no more sense than saying Ike is the smash token heavy swordsman or Lucario is the smash token martial artist.
1. I said probably. I want Lucario to return too, but i will understand if he's kicked out is all i'm saying.

2. Zero suit: tough one. Best reason is that Zamus is unique and i guess helps count as a Metroid rep.

3. Falco: The fact he already been in 2 smashes. Why give him the boot now? Falco is also important to the Star Fox series.

4. Shiek: Another tough one. I guess its the fact that Shiek is important to Zelda's moveset. Though thats all i'm coming up with so far.

5. Toon Link: In a way, while regular Link is representing one part of the franchise, Toon Link is representing the other.

6. Dude its a joke. Why so serious?

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Captain Syrup is a girl.

Wait, then that means....

Ninja vs. Pirate catfight!
Sorry XP,then the Ninja VS Pirate debate will be over,which is why Sheik must stay till be get a pirate.
Hell,lets get May form Guilty Gear!

Gardevoir was one of the few (and I mean a few) Pokemon from Ruby and Sapphire that didn't make me feel like vomiting in response. I doubt it, but with movesets I've seen, she wouldn't be that bad, but I'd like others before her. Blaziken, on the other hand, although it's because I was sick with the flue, I did vomit when I got Blaziken that day.

He? HE!? No offense, but do you know who Captain Syrup is?
In Order...
Ash is more popular than Red,every kid when they where like 4 years old,watched Pokemon,and knew Ash,and Misty,and Brock,etc.
The anime is why Pikachu and Jiggles are in Smash after all,PT is the only character to be influenced by the Video Games.

Blaziken wwas teh first 3rd gen Pokemon to be seen in the anime,the Anime affects who gets in Smash.
Gardevoir was major in the Anime and major in Mystery Dungeon.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Because they're only going to be popular now. Deoxys was extremely popular before the 4th gen. No one cares about him now. By the time SSB4 rolls around, the 6th gen will probaly be out and everyone will have forgotten about Lucario. There will probaly be a new lord in town for Fire Emblem as well.
He's going to continue to be popular. Why? Because he was in Smash. He might not be popular with Pokemon fans, but he'll definitely be popular within the Smash community. I could use the same argument to describe Jigglypuff. By all rights and purposes, she should have been removed from Brawl or Melee as she wasn't popular anymore with Pokemon fans and wasn't important, but she wasn't. Why? She was popular because she appeared in Smash bros.

Ike is not only popular, but he's the only lord besides Marth to have been the main character of more than one Fire Emblem (Okay, I except he's ONE OF the mains in Radiant Dawn).

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
In Order...
Ash is more popular than Red,every kid when they where like 4 years old,watched Pokemon,and knew Ash,and Misty,and Brock,etc.
The anime is why Pikachu and Jiggles are in Smash after all,PT is the only character to be influenced by the Video Games.
No anime-original characters are getting in. Pikachu was originally from the games, Ash was not.

Blaziken wwas teh first 3rd gen Pokemon to be seen in the anime,the Anime affects who gets in Smash.
Yeah, and? That was several hundred episodes ago.

Bolded is a blatant lie. One episode is not major.

The only reason Gardevoir would have a chance is because of PMD.

Edit: Dang, I double posted.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Long post thing.
In that case, Sigurd SHOULD have appeared in Brawl, even if he had only one appearance, he is a LOT more IMPORTANT than Ike, and popular (Celice can beat that though) in Japan. But no, Marth (old) and Ike (new) were in Brawl. Because Old and new casts are shown in Brawl (Lucario = Perfect EXAMPLE).

And FE6 a failure? Wow, coming from a modern Fire Emblem fan, no surprise. You don't know a thing of Japan, FE6 is the Third Best-Selling FE Game, while FE9 had really low sales in Japan. (Pfft, before you say something about world-widely, i'd not say anything about it if I were you).

Let's put this on the case, FE7 had a sequel (well, technically, FE6) and how did the fans reacted? simple: They wanted FE6 to be brought to the entire world. The Elibe legacy would have gotten Roy back as a rep. in Brawl if his game would had been launched later for the entire world, but it wasn't. (This comes in response to your FE9 to FE10 thing).

FE9 being a very recieved game by fans is simple: is a Gamecube game, and in world-wide logic: Gamecube Games > Game Boy Advance Games. Simple logic, really simple. If Eliwood and Co. had their game in the GCN... you can now think of it, heh. Ike is just popular because he is a character from a Gamecube FE game.

FE9 and FE10 did not do anything overly special anyways, just brought back the Skills that were already present in FE4. If any series did anything special for Intelligent Systems, it is FE4 (try to deny that, oh wait... you can't).

However, this doesn't means Ike is not a good character, of course, he is because he got all this, bravo. He can still be kicked out of SSB4 if forgotten, but I doubt it, highly doubt it.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to reply your points stated before... but those are plain ridiculous, be more-in-depht in the Fire Emblem world, please, and you'll see that some of those points are not real.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So why does Falco need to be cut? Because he hasn't had his own game? He's been with Fox since the beginning (Krystal has not, in case you support her) and has appeared ever since. Why didn't they add Slippy or Peppy instead of Falco at the time of production for Melee? Because they were keen on squeezing in as many characters as possible, so Falco was a justified clone to Fox. Similar build, same team, good, clean, out the bath and into the game. Falco is a dignified and just character and there is no reason to cut him.

Now, as for SHEIK!? Why cut Sheik? Does Sheik take up room on the character select screen? NO. Would you rather sacrifice Sheik so Zelda could get a down special? The beauty in having both Zelda and Sheik is that they are both very different characters, despite being the same person, so rather than having a down special, you get an entirely different moveset. Not only that, but both are great characters to play. NOT ONLY THAT, but Sheik is another Zelda rep, and we can never have too many Zelda reps (yeah yeah, I'm a sucker for the series).

Also, Zamus shouldn't be cut due to the fact that not only do you not have to sacrifice a down special for her, but she plays entirely differently than her suited form. She's unique, different than all other characters in many, many ways, and shouldn't be cut.

As for Toonboy... well, I'd much rather have a different Zelda rep than he, but I have to say that I smiled when he was leaked. We actually have five Zelda reps (meaning five characters with different movesets) in Brawl - which is surprisingly more than the Mario reps (excluding Yoshi and Wario). I'd easily cut Toonboy for Zant, Skull Kid, Midna, or Darbus, but I'm happy that he's in the game because he is a legitimate alternative to those who do not enjoy playing as Link, and after playing extensively with both characters, I can safely say that THEY ARE NOT CLONES. The closest cloneage in Brawl is Ganondorf to Falcon, unfortunately, but we wouldn't want Big G cut, now would we?

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Sorry XP,then the Ninja VS Pirate debate will be over,which is why Sheik must stay till be get a pirate.
Hell,lets get May form Guilty Gear!

In Order...

The first one to appear in the anime was Wynaut....HOW DO I KNOW THAT!?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
All characters are advertising, so playing a card like that is dumb. Only Roy though did so without a game of his own. (At the time)

And Toon Link was more of a refference to Wind Waker, and seeing as he's had over twice the amount of games TP Link has, he's the one who deserved it more.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I knew something would happen ever since that post by Kainsword happened. I just knew it.

*shakes old school FE fanboy fist*
Meh... just can't stand the recent FE fans saying that old FE games sucked.

And... am I really that predictable? Wait... I am :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
And Toon Link was more of a refference to Wind Waker, and seeing as he's had over twice the amount of games TP Link has, he's the one who deserved it more.
Bull. It's not "TP Link" that we see in Brawl, it's LINK. He represents all of the normal "Links" in Zelda history, only with his latest [realistic] appearance.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
So why does Falco need to be cut? Because he hasn't had his own game? He's been with Fox since the beginning (Krystal has not, in case you support her) and has appeared ever since. Why didn't they add Slippy or Peppy instead of Falco at the time of production for Melee? Because they were keen on squeezing in as many characters as possible, so Falco was a justified clone to Fox. Similar build, same team, good, clean, out the bath and into the game. Falco is a dignified and just character and there is no reason to cut him.
Because he's not important. As you said, they were scrambling for any characters they could use. I don't want him gone, but he should be first in line for the cut.

Now, as for SHEIK!? Why cut Sheik? Does Sheik take up room on the character select screen? NO. Would you rather sacrifice Sheik so Zelda could get a down special? The beauty in having both Zelda and Sheik is that they are both very different characters, despite being the same person, so rather than having a down special, you get an entirely different moveset. Not only that, but both are great characters to play. NOT ONLY THAT, but Sheik is another Zelda rep, and we can never have too many Zelda reps (yeah yeah, I'm a sucker for the series).
Bolded is unimportant. Shiek is a different character, and is counted as such. You're saying Shiek should stay because she's popular. I'm saying Lucario should stay because he's popular, and Ike should stay because he's popular. Plus, Ike is another FE rep.

Also, Zamus shouldn't be cut due to the fact that not only do you not have to sacrifice a down special for her, but she plays entirely differently than her suited form. She's unique, different than all other characters in many, many ways, and shouldn't be cut.
I was using the characters as examples. Lucario and Ike are very unique, yet plenty of people want them gone.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Bull. It's not "TP Link" that we see in Brawl, it's LINK. He represents all of the normal "Links" in Zelda history, only with his latest [realistic] appearance.
And the new boomerang. :D

Link is an special case, if you know the logic of TLOZ you (the one reading this) know what I mean.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
No anime-original characters are getting in. Pikachu was originally from the games, Ash was not.

Yeah, and? That was several hundred episodes ago.

Bolded is a blatant lie. One episode is not major.

The only reason Gardevoir would have a chance is because of PMD.

Edit: Dang, I double posted.
Anime made Pikachu famous,even You have to admit it.

What about it being 100 episodes ago?
Jigglypuff was basically kicked from teh series 100 episodes ago but shes still in,only because shes a vetern

The anime cahracter Max,befriended 5 pokemon,Ralts being one of them.
He said he was going to go back and get the Ralts once he become 10 or something.
The only reason he did not take him,is because of Gardevoir.
He said he was going to go back and get Ralts,I might have exaggerated with Major,but eh.

Spire

III
BRoomer
And the new boomerang. :D

Link is an special case, if you know the logic of TLOZ you (the one reading this) know what I mean.
Well of course. Both Link and Toon Link are parallel to one another and is why both are in Brawl (just as Link and Young Link were sort of parallel, despite actually being the same person).

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Anime made Pikachu famous.
Uh... Pikachu was already the most famous of all the Pocket Monsters time ago before the anime was out. Merchandise, and all that kind of stuff related to Pikachu asploded in Japan as proof of the yellow mouse's popularity.

And still remains as the most popular of all the Pocket Monsters.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Uh... Pikachu was already the most famous of all the Pocket Monsters time ago before the anime was out. Merchandise, and all that kind of stuff related to Pikachu asploded in Japan as proof of the yellow mouse's popularity.

I never said he wasnt somewhat popular before the anime.

You have to admit,the anime made Pikachu a household name.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

No, Pikachu was only made popular because of the anime.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Anime made Pikachu famous,even You have to admit it.
Ash. Is. An. Anime. Original. Character. Pokemon. Trainer. Is. Not. Red. Is. From. The. Manga.

What about it being 100 episodes ago?
Jigglypuff was basically kicked from teh series 100 episodes ago but shes still in,only because shes a vetern
Jigglypuff was already in Smash, Blaziken was not. Blaziken is not very important to the tv show currently, and he doesn't have the advantage of being a smash veteran.

The anime cahracter Max,befriended 5 pokemon,Ralts being one of them.
He said he was going to go back and get the Ralts once he become 10 or something.
He said he was going to go back and get Ralts,I might have exaggerated with Major,but eh.
It happened in one episode. Jigglypuff was an injoke that occurred in many, many, many episodes. See the difference? There's no way a one episode event that is not relevant to the overall plot line should matter.

No, Pikachu was only made popular because of the anime.
Well of course the anime is relevant to picking characters. That doesn't mean an anime original character (Ash) can get in. That's like saying Monkey D. Luffy or Naruto could get in.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I never said he wasnt somewhat popular before the anime.

You have to admit,the anime made Pikachu a household name.
Oh well...

Not just Pikachu, but so as other Pokemon -coughMewtwoandLucariocough-, but also admit it, this little guy has its own popularity out of itselft. Also without mentioning that Pikachu was used for that role because of... you know, popularity.

Edit: Red is from the games, default name for the Pokemon Trainer, and overall accepted name. Red of the Pokespecial is just based on that kid.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Ash. Is. An. Anime. Original. Character. Pokemon. Trainer. Is. Not. Red. Is. From. The. Manga.

Jigglypuff was already in Smash, Blaziken was not. Blaziken is not very important to the tv show currently, and he doesn't have the advantage of being a smash veteran.

QUOTE=Darkwashu;5210506]The anime cahracter Max,befriended 5 pokemon,Ralts being one of them.
It happened in one episode. Jigglypuff was an injoke that occurred in many, many, many episodes. See the difference? There's no way a one episode event that is not relevant to the overall plot line should matter.

Well of course the anime is relevant to picking characters. That doesn't mean an anime original character (Ash) can get in. That's like saying Monkey D. Luffy or Naruto could get in.[/QUOTE]In order,again...

I.under.stand.no.need.to.treat.me.like.an.idiot.

Even though im not a fan of May,Blaziken was important to the final episodes of the "arc" with May as a major character.Jiggles is only in Smash because shes a veteran,thats all.

Hmm,Naruto is a crappy anime to begin with,and he hasnt even been mentioned in the Smash series,Pokemon has appeared in all teh Smash games,and has always been the franchise that has had one of the most characters in the game (Smash 64,Pokemon was tied with Mario for the most,in Melee once again tied with Mario,in Brawl its debatable,its equal again but PT could count as 3)

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Well of course the anime is relevant to picking characters. That doesn't mean an anime original character (Ash) can get in. That's like saying Monkey D. Luffy or Naruto could get in.In order,again...

I.under.stand.no.need.to.treat.me.like.an.idiot.

Even though im not a fan of May,Blaziken was important to the final episodes of the "arc" with May as a major character.Jiggles is only in Smash because shes a veteran,thats all.

Hmm,Naruto is a crappy anime to begin with,and he hasnt even been mentioned in the Smash series,Pokemon has appeared in all teh Smash games,and has always been the franchise that has had one of the most characters in the game (Smash 64,Pokemon was tied with Mario for the most,in Melee once again tied with Mario,in Brawl its debatable,its equal again but PT could count as 3)
...Someone hold me, because i'm about to react in a very n00bish way (WHY DO YOU INSULT NARUTO!?! ._.)

Oh, this chat of the Pokemon anime is pointless... Sakurai already said that NO ANIME CHARACTERS will appear in Brawl. NO ANIME CHARACTERS. Same goes for the Pokemon/Kirby/etc games that have Anime adaptations, their Anime-exclusive characters will not be accepted.

And... Pokemon started as a game.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
True. However, we're in a whole new arc where May isn't to be seen, and Blaziken still isn't in. Jiggly was added when she was still fresh.

Hmm,Naruto is a crappy anime to begin with,and he hasnt even been mentioned in the Smash series,
The Pokemon anime is pretty crappy too (I'm not a fan of either), and it hasn't been mentioned much, has it?

Pokemon has appeared in all teh Smash games,and has always been the franchise that has had one of the most characters in the game (Smash 64,Pokemon was tied with Mario for the most,in Melee once again tied with Mario,in Brawl its debatable,its equal again but PT could count as 3)
Ash is an original anime character. Sakurai said no original anime characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom