• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
why is it always link vs. sonic....gamespot, ign, now this......i guess it'sa the beginning of a new rivalry

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*melts at the sight of gameplay---especially the screens and the videos that have Sonic in them.*

Pure joy.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. Check out my new signature, guys.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The Alien Ant Farm version.

And Sonic's FS freakin' rocks. He's one big invincibility frame and he runs on the air! How awesome is that?

Pretty **** awesome.

Smooth Criminal

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
*melts at the sight of gameplay---especially the screens and the videos that have Sonic in them.*

Pure joy.

Smooth Criminal

P.S. Check out my new signature, guys.
A wonderful sig brought to you in part by sugarpoultry, Idaho's greatest (female) smasher and sig maker.
Awwwwwww!!! :3 :3 You totally made my night Smooth Criminal! I had a hard time smashing tonight to a bunch of losers.... I felt kind of worthless, but your comment made me feel better. :) Thanks!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Awwwwwww!!! :3 :3 You totally made my night Smooth Criminal! I had a hard time smashing tonight to a bunch of losers.... I felt kind of worthless, but your comment made me feel better. :) Thanks!
^_^

Huh. I guess random acts of kindness and recognition work wonders. You're very welcome, Mrs. Buzz. It's the very least that I can do.

awwwwwwwwwww

anyway..........
sonic has been talked to death

great, now he's too dead to be in brawl, great job guys
If Sonic mysteriously vanishes from the Dojo site on Monday, I am holding your happy *** accountable F&V. Just to let you know.

Smooth Criminal

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
^_^

Huh. I guess random acts of kindness and recognition work wonders. You're very welcome, Mrs. Buzz. It's the very least that I can do.

If Sonic mysteriously vanishes from the Dojo site on Monday, I am holding your happy *** accountable F&V. Just to let you know.

Smooth Criminal
my ***? Might I remind you that the Dec 3rd release date was talked to death!?

IC3R

Smash Lord
Sonic is going to be a Top Tier Character. It's been proven that

SPEED > STRENGTH.........Fox proved this notion already...

I've watched Sonic's intro video about a thousand times, and I can't help but to smile :grin:
But no matter how much I like Sonic, Kirby's my man...or...puff...thingy...(^_^)"

Oh, and Ridley will not be playable. Period. And I don't know who the **** Stafy is...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Sonic is going to be a Top Tier Character. It's been proven that

SPEED > STRENGTH.........Fox proved this notion already...
In Melee, sure.

But Melee didn't have flinch-resistant heavy weights, did it?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hmm...Good point there...

Sonic WILL be Top Tier, along with Kirby ">_>
Oh, how I yearn for this to be true (and indeed, Sonic does seem to be quite the little combo-ist. Kirby. . . we'll see).

But I think Meta Knight does indeed have them both beat. I'm almost positive his tornado move makes him invincible. ****in' A. O_<

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
In Melee, sure.

But Melee didn't have flinch-resistant heavy weights, did it?
Bowser + flinch-resistant f-smash= God Tier.

In all seriousness, tho', that is a HUGE buff for the heavier characters. Turtling actually becomes a viable strategy in Smash.

You couldn't really turtle in Melee because its game engine pushed you into a "do or die" sort of philosophy---launching an attack that can just be interrupted with a neutral A jab (or worse things like an F-smash. ****able Marths!!!) is tantamount to a combo that is going to get your *** killed. This is especially true with the heavyweights in Melee---poor Bowser's ground attacks are horribly underrated, especially his f-smash. With these flinch resistant attacks, however, you can actually bait your opponent into hitting you and follow up with a brutal assault.

And Ic3r, Ridley will be playable. **** it.

Smooth Criminal

SiD

Smash Master
Well Smooth, that was one fantastic rant. So fantastic, here it is:

Smooth Criminal said:
Why I am a Sonic fan:

Let's take this one from the top, shall we?

It all began on when I was five years old, right on the cusp of Christmas morning. My sisters and I, enterprising little buggers that we were, snuck downstairs so we could nab a sneak peek at our presents. Things didn't go that smoothly, of course, because I was the youngest out of the three and probably the most impulsive. Showing a lack of restraint, I tore into the first present that I could get my hands on that had my name on it---which was, undoubtedly, the largest bloody box under the tree.

I screamed with joy. "I got a SEGA!" That woke every living soul in the house and ruined my sisters' attempts at subtlety for sure.

So, everybody wakes up. After the obligatory Christmas breakfast (ham sandwiches FTW), my Dad sets up the Sega for me. I was itching to start playing so he popped in the one game that came bundled with the system: The very first Sonic the Hedgehog game.

It was love at first play.

I couldn't tear myself from the television screen, nor could I allow the controller to fall from my grasp. Sonic's simplistic yet addicting gameplay had me hooked. Run. Jump. Collect rings. Get to the goal as fast as possible. Kill some Badniks along the way. Defeat Doctor Robotnik (yes, Robotnik; not EGGMAN). It was sheer brilliance. I had played games before this one; we had an NES that croaked and an Atari that just wouldn't quit, each one complete with classic games like Pong, Mario, and Zelda. None of them were as compelling as this, though. There was a certain...aura that surrounded this game, a vibe that I could really relate to. It meshed with me.

The subsequent Sonic games that were released on the 16 bit Sega Genesis only reaffirmed my love for the Blue Blur. Soon I was watching Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons, collecting action figures (and candy dispensers, even though I hated candy), wearing the clothes---I was a diehard fan growing up. Sonic's character was also awesome, I soon realized at this time, and was much more than a cool looking sprite on the screen. Though arrogant as all get out, Sonic had a moral fiber and a sense of "cool" that other video game characters lacked. Granted, it's a little cheesy but it's just one of those things that warm your heart.

Unfortunately, however, an abomination in the Sonic library forever plucked a chord in my fandom. This horrible creature perpetually besmirched and tarnished the good name of Sonic forever. That monster was Traveler's Tales' Sonic 3-D Blast. I was really, really ashamed to be a fan of Sonic when this game released. I knew it was the start of a downward trend for our favorite hedgehog. The gameplay was absolutely horrid, the control scheme sucked, and it didn't feel like Sonic. More like a parody, really.

I wasn't too keen on the newer Sonic games, either; however, I will say some things about the franchise never change. Sonic's character, that cocksure sonuvagun with an ego the size of the Rio Grande, has managed to stay consistent throughout the annals of video game history. I think that's part of the reason why I stick it through and remain faithful to the franchise. As much as I dislike the newer games, I am firmly rooted to Sonic's past.

Smooth Criminal

Welcome to the SSS, feel free to add one of our sigs to yours. I don't have links to them, but you can copy the location by right clicking on it.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
with the different release dates. I have a feeling that when I get online with brawl, I'm gonna get beaten quite hard.

which reminds me. I hope that, when we start playing over the internet, if anyone hasn't unlocked a certain character, it won't be availible. they did that in mario strikers charged, and it ruined the whole surprise for me that petey was playable....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom