• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
They gave it an 8.5, and that's what it deserved. It was great, but there was nothing fantastic about it, it wasn't revolutionary like the first one.

You have to admit, though, gamespot does not really give a **** about Nintendo or the Wii at all. It's gone down hill ever since that guy *What's his name?* left. W/e, I don't wanna start an argument. And if we do, I'm glad it isnt ridley/sonic related.

SiD

Smash Master
You have to admit, though, gamespot does not really give a **** about Nintendo or the Wii at all. It's gone down hill ever since that guy *What's his name?* left. W/e, I don't wanna start an argument. And if we do, I'm glad it isnt ridley/sonic related.
You mean Greg Kasavin? Cause yeah, he was the best.

But not giving a **** about Nintendo doesn't affect their reviews. And to be honest, I'm pretty pissed off at Nintendo lately too, they're being *******s. (No, that's not related to the Brawl push back)

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think Gamespot's pretty accurate. Sure you might think that all these games deserve higher ratings, but if it was up to a few die-hard fans, then about 90% of all the games would be a 10.0

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
You mean Greg Kasavin? Cause yeah, he was the best.

But not giving a **** about Nintendo doesn't affect their reviews. And to be honest, I'm pretty pissed off at Nintendo lately too, they're being *******s. (No, that's not related to the Brawl push back)
True. They refuse to lower the cost of the Wii, I believe. But then again, it's only 250$ and it is next gen. It's albeit fair.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Gamespot said:
The Bad

* Some of the contextual actions don't control all that well
* Streamlined controls make things a little too easy and a little less adventurous
* Doesn't do much different than the previous two Metroid Prime games.
No matter how you interpret it, Gamespot basically took off points because the controls worked too well.

SiD

Smash Master
No matter how you interpret it, Gamespot basically took off points because the controls worked too well.
No, they took off points cause the controls made it too easy, too much like a regular FPS, which took away from the adventure elements the series was known for. And if you actually read the review, you'd know that, and know that it was a minor gripe.

Gamespot said:
Suffice it to say, Metroid Prime 3 takes on characteristics more akin to a standard first-person shooter than its predecessors did. The good news is that moving about is less frustrating and plodding than before. Your enemies fall faster, boss encounters require less controller fumbling, and there is an overall ease to travel and movement that the series lacked before. It's a double-edged sword, however, because while most Metroid Prime hallmarks--object scanning, careful exploration, complex puzzle-solving--remain, Corruption feels less like a probing adventure than a regular shooter.

SiD

Smash Master
But there isn't much to discuss really, going off topic for a little while happens alot in this thread, we always find our way back. Don't worry about it.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
*sonic heroes* *sonic heroes*! that song sucked balls i like marble zone music...speaking of which they should make a stage based on that stage

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
I hope that instead of a Green Hill Zone or also, is they make a Marble Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis. Personaly I think Green Hill Zone has been beaten to death because of all the remakes to it. I've had more fun on Marble Zone and Green Hill Zone.
I hope at the very least they have a Lava Reef Zone and Marble Zone music remix in Brawl, those songs rock!

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or Sonic doesn't seem taht good, especially to Metaknight? I thought they would try to balance the game. I hope he is really good, like his ownage in his trailer video. Well, I like Sonic, and hope he is as good as he should be. I'd be dissapointed if he was like mid to low tier :(.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Meh, don't worry too much about the tiers. Just be who your comfortable playing as, or your favourite character. Focus on getting good with them and you can fair pretty well.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Meh, don't worry too much about the tiers. Just be who your comfortable playing as, or your favourite character. Focus on getting good with them and you can fair pretty well.
That is true, even though Ganondorf and Link aren't that high on the tier list, when I play them, people die.

If you just learn every thing about the characters, you can begin to pull out more from a character than other people can when they just try them every so often. I know almost everyone is going to try their hand at Sonic, but only people who really enjoy his play style or love the character himself, will make the most out of him.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
That is true, even though Ganondorf and Link aren't that high on the tier list, when I play them, people die.

If you just learn every thing about the characters, you can begin to pull out more from a character than other people can when they just try them every so often. I know almost everyone is going to try their hand at Sonic, but only people who really enjoy his play style or love the character himself, will make the most out of him.
Preeeeeecisely :)

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Yep this is true. People who love their characters, and play them to their max potential do well. HOWEVER, even the best bowser player Gimpyfish, even says that bowser can not compete at the highest of competition, and gimpy is super pro. He ***** and owns with bowser. So yea, I don't want that happening to any characters, especially Sonic.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
After watching all those released videos hundred of time and looking at various site impression, yes I came to the conclusion Meta Knight attacks are only deadly because he attack fast, otherwise he's weak.

SiD

Smash Master
I don't know about weak, because they have low knockback, so he racks up damage quickly. Hopefully, he'll have almost no KO moves, or else he could be the new Shiek.

SiD

Smash Master
Whatever, Sonic can destroy Metaknight. He'll just distract him with chili dogs, then pwn him with a barrel roll spindash.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
HOLY KNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! one day i'm off then to come back to this thread to see it with almost 10,000 replies!! man this thread has sure been active!, but again who can blame our blue spiked friend whom we all love

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I don't know about weak, because they have low knockback, so he racks up damage quickly. Hopefully, he'll have almost no KO moves, or else he could be the new Shiek.
Yeah his attack have low knockback hell even a 300% Sonic still survived in the sudden death video.
I have a bad feeling Sakurai his doing the same thing he did with the first game, overpowering his characters.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Yeah his attack have low knockback hell even a 300% Sonic still survived in the sudden death video.
I have a bad feeling Sakurai his doing the same thing he did with the first game, overpowering his characters.
If Metaknight turns out to surpass even SSB Kirby, I think we all should fear his might ;_;

Though since this may be Sakurai's last Smash game I don't think he could take going out with is personal characters being awful.

:/ due to my inablity to play as Fox in Melee; I may give Sonic a try but I fear the same will happen again.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Meta Knight voice doesn't really suit him....but it does make him more badass if you forget the fact he look like a blue kirby underneath the mask......urgh.
How does it not suit him? It fits his personality perfectly

SiD

Smash Master
If Metaknight turns out to surpass even SSB Kirby, I think we all should fear his might ;_;

Though since this may be Sakurai's last Smash game I don't think he could take going out with is personal characters being awful.

:/ due to my inablity to play as Fox in Melee; I may give Sonic a try but I fear the same will happen again.

-Knight

Yeah, i was thinking that too, but Sonic appears to be semi floaty, which should make him way easier to control than Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom