• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who

Smash Rookie
Sonic can automatically wave dash, nuff said. On a more serious note, Sonic has been my favorite character since I was a toddler, glad he gets his chance to join the fight.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
People are saying that it's a homing attack. Though, I personally have yet to see it in action. We should take their word for it.
Hmm Sonic does something similar to the homing attack in the video of him fighting Link...

It could be the homing attack, or I could just be mistaking it for a well guided spin dash.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
wow, so kewl sonic confirmed just saw it today. just freaking awesome man.

Gooche

Smash Rookie
The will have to balance him. I think Fox will be retooled as well. Sonic will have insane speed (be a little difficult to control) and have next to no power at all. I think he will be one of the weakest characters.
A player who learns his skills and handles the speed properly will be a force not to be messed with. He looks like a simple character capable of being great fun and great combo-ing potential.

Sakurai is going to try to balance what was not balanced in Melee. Like others have said before the huge balancing weight is limited/no knockback for heavy characters.

This game will only play like Melee in principal IMO, but not execution. If fox was going to remain uber elite there wouldn't really be a need to make another game or characters would there? The things that make characters tiered is how we use them AFTER the game is shipped. Developers spend all their time trying to make all the characters balanced. With a Rock, Paper, Scicsors type mentality. We just exploit what is there (i.e wave dashing).

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Sonic in brawl IS the second sign of the apocalypse(third is diddy in brawl and first is an actual good mario party game that doesn't need to be burned) all he does is jump and move fast.
Sonic > You

I'd ask if you were legally blind, but you're typing on a computer so you must be able to see, at least mostly. WHich means you would be able to see the movies and videos of Sonic in the game. So instead of blind, I'm gonna say you're just an ignorant, whiny little brat.

All he does is move fast and jump? Seriously, you're STILL saying that after all the footage that has been released? The mere fact that Sonic was confirmed AT ALL says that Sakurai, in his infinite wisdom and mindgaming mastery, saw that Sonic is capable of much more.

Nothing Rhymes with Circus said:
I'll put that on your tombstone.

Then I'll Spin Dash on it.
Thank you NRWC. I believe that is what you call poetry.

And you hate Diddy too... I won't even touch that. the other Diddy fans will probably see this and let you have it themselves. Sonic's in, and you know what, he's AWESOME.

Sorry for ranting, but it just still baffles me that ANYONE could still be arguing that Sonic doesn't belong in Brawl, after all we've seen and learned.

God speed Snake King 1, and brace yourself, because you, as we say here on Smashboards, are about to get a downright EPIC flaming. Fanboys can be brutal... I wonder what fresh flamed n00b tastes like? Maybe chicken....

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Sonic im brawl IS the second sign of the apocalypse(third is diddy in brawl and first is an actual good mario party game that doesn't need to be burned) all he does is jump and move fast.
Sora in Brawl is the fourth sign of the apocalyspe. All he does is meddle and slash stuff. >_>

Sheesh, it's funny how that's the ONLY excuse Sonic haters can up with. They must never played of his games.

And the fact he hates Diddy makes him twice as dumb.

Stryks

Smash Hero
With what little footage I saw of sonic, hes a pretty cool character, tough I kinda think his FS is kinda broken, it has so much knockback XD

Lol on the red vs blue reference = ur awesome

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't the first post be updated with Sonic's real move set??

OMG this thread has blown up so much......
i found a way to get a demo disc but it requires practice and serious acting
What!? Explain if you have a chance, also I think Nintendo has a LOT of security surrounding the Brawl Demo Disks, so stealing them will likely have you getting tazed, repetitively...

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
im look for someone whos really pale or albino...then my plan can go perfectly...

Ill tell local news that he has cancer and for his wish he wants an exclusive copy of brawl, and boom!
I burn a few copys and sell in the black market ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IGN seems to believe more Sonic characters will be playable...

Knuckles anyone?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
You know, at first I didn't want sonic in, but after watching the trailer that came with his update, I fell in love.

He's such an awesome character full of personality and his moves show it.
Also, he's so fast it seems as if he'll be hard to master. I like a challenge =] .

saberhof

Smash Master
ah the only way to steal something off the disc, would be to hack a GC controller and adding some hacking device, and then convincing the people at E to let you use your controller...then the gc steals the info and makes a copy =O

but thats unreal...>_>..

sonic rules!

Betrayed

Smash Ace
I think Metaknight will be the Roy or the Luigi of Brawl.

He's good at first, he's up on the first few tier lists... but we find his flaws and he ends up sucking in the end.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
what do you mean the only reason why they delayed the game is because theyre adding Master cheif.....
(bungie left microsoft)

*this is a joke*

SiD

Smash Master
It gave Metroid Prime 3 a rating of 8. something *not sure about it, though, but it's frikking Metroid Prime 3.*, then used excuses for giving it that. They said it's controls were too easy. WTF?
They gave it an 8.5, and that's what it deserved. It was great, but there was nothing fantastic about it, it wasn't revolutionary like the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom