• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
It's not because they are asian it's because they get everything cool before we do then when we go online they kick our ***. I'm a beforist a person who hates people for getting stuff befor they themselves get it.
I wasn't talking about you jeez everyone is so serious. With the new release date they better have more 3rd party characters.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Shade's Log

In the middle of October, Sonic got confirmed. I can't believe Sakurai deceived us all by not saving him for dead last as far as unveiling him.

End of log entry.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Pffbbt, Sonic doesn't need to wave-dash! He runs fast enough, how fast? We all should know... FASTER THAN SOUND!!! But seriously, aren't Sonic's shoes supposed to reduce friction because he runs so fast? I think I remember hearing it in one of the cartoons...

P.S.: Who do you think will be the first person to make a Sonic combo vid with the theme song to the SatAM Cartoon that was on ABC and is now on DVD (which I own)?

SiD

Smash Master
Hey shade. Guess I'll have to wait a couple months longer to pwn you in Brawl. But at least I'll get to do it with Sonic.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to sleep we better get something good to end this week. Sonic's FS would be pointles because they explained it in the video and everyone knows what it is going to be.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Pffbbt, Sonic doesn't need to wave-dash! He runs fast enough, how fast? We all should know... FASTER THAN SOUND!!! But seriously, aren't Sonic's shoes supposed to reduce friction because he runs so fast? I think I remember hearing it in one of the cartoons...

P.S.: Who do you think will be the first person to make a Sonic combo vid with the theme song to the SatAM Cartoon that was on ABC and is now on DVD (which I own)?
Lol! Sonic SatAM For The Win!

Also, The Ring is a really interesting idea for a item, its so common that not meny people really think of it.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
It's not because they are asian it's because they get everything cool before we do then when we go online they kick our ***. I'm a beforist a person who hates people for getting stuff befor they themselves get it.
I wasn't talking about you jeez everyone is so serious. With the new release date they better have more 3rd party characters.
oh sorry, i was just OFFENDED that u said u hated AZNs...my bad my bad (yet im the one apologizing)

that vid was SECH-SY! at least i get my Wii before i get Brawl...i was planning to get them both in Dec tho. looks like openings are back in! maybe u can control in options to go into an immediate fight like in Melee. also, u guys think that selection list was just a beta?

n i think the Spin Charge is a Barrel Roll in the air (well ok not a Barrel Roll but i had to say it XD)
and on the ground he ends up with the Spin Dash...

Sonic's Recovery looks so weak. its like Luigi's...hope doing the Spin Dash in the air (n i mean the <>B one) saves him enough...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey shade. Guess I'll have to wait a couple months longer to pwn you in Brawl. But at least I'll get to do it with Sonic.
Hahaha.....you just keep dreaming. ^-^

Lets see, this opens up various possibilities! Sonic's classic items probably will be added like the Flame Shield, Lightning Shield, and the Sonic Sneakers. Probably not the sparkles because the star is already on it. That would be really redundant.

HOLD THE PHONE!? IS BRAWL BEING DELAYED OR SOMETHING?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yes, it was announced earlier today at the press conference.
This is turning out to become a Twilight Princess de ja vu all over again.

I say don't trust anybody, not even the people making the game. It's only released when it's ACTUALLY on the gaming shelves.

Don't trust anybody......and I mean no one.

Sonic is in Brawl baby!

SiD

Smash Master
Yes! Entrances back!

...Is that homing attack?
Most likely, wtf else could it be? Standard B attack, i'd bet.

And his recovery doesn't look weak. First of all, he can spindash in the air to move horizontally. But second, I think the CPU is just terrible, I bet you can DI the Up B, like G&W's.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
oh sorry, i was just OFFENDED that u said u hated AZNs...my bad my bad (yet im the one apologizing)

that vid was SECH-SY! at least i get my Wii before i get Brawl...i was planning to get them both in Dec tho. looks like openings are back in! maybe u can control in options to go into an immediate fight like in Melee. also, u guys think that selection list was just a beta?

n i think the Spin Charge is a Barrel Roll in the air (well ok not a Barrel Roll but i had to say it XD)
and on the ground he ends up with the Spin Dash...

Sonic's Recovery looks so weak. its like Luigi's...hope doing the Spin Dash in the air (n i mean the <>B one) saves him enough...
Sonic's recovery looks like it may be the best, his Up B has almost the most hight out of anyone, and his Spin Dash gives the horizontal recovery.
Use Up B when your below an edge, and Over B when your next to it. The purest form of each, both with large range.

smashbot226

Smash Master
SONIC ANALYSIS!

Fast, a bit powerful, his Smash B looks uber, and his Up B is uber.

He gives Meta Knight, Pit, and Fox a run for their money.

Doubt we'd see much power, though. The only good things would be his speed and attacks.

Overall: 7/10

What do you think his Neutral B will be? My money is on the Fire Somersault attack from Sonic Adventure 2.

Also, a controversy in the FS ccatergory.

Ancient Light or Super Sonic?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As long as he's fast, I can work with him, work with him more if he's good at aerial combat...

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
seeing as fast characters are the better ones in smash, I'm guessing Sonic will be upper Tier

Dojo update is a snapshot mode. What i'm really hanging on is another bit of plot, or the next boss to subspace. Now that Sonic's confirmed, I don't really care about the other characters (unless Lloyd make the cut, of course)

Afo

Smash Apprentice
I really don´t know where else to ask this, but I saw the "oficial demo thread" mentioned some pages earlier here, I´d like to ask were is it exactly, bcs I can't seem to find it, could someone post the link please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom