• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I will later. Right now I have to get ready to go out with some friends. Sonic's B attack must be that kick. His down B is homing attack, just has a different name.

SiD

Smash Master
....his down B is the spin dash. It's on the dojo. The homing attack has to be his B attack. That kick is either a regular aerial, or the down be in the air.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
No. His -->B is spin dash. Where as if you do down B in the air Sonic will appear to hover and charge for a bit, then home in on his opponent. Homing attack and spin dash are similar but 2 different moves nonetheless.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No. His -->B is spin dash. Where as if you do down B in the air Sonic will appear to hover and charge for a bit, then home in on his opponent. Homing attack and spin dash are similar but 2 different moves nonetheless.
Check the **** site...

The video's showed his B was homing and they announced all the others on the Dojo page

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I don't see the difference between Spin Dash and Charge Dash then, b/c you can charge them both and I did check the site. Down B is called Spin Charge even though it's a spin dash.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't see the difference between Spin Dash and Charge Dash then, b/c you can charge them both and I did check the site. Down B is called Spin Charge even though it's a spin dash.
The difference is Spin Dash leads to aerial combo's, like that kick people though was a B move

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Either way, Sonic does seem to have plenty adavantages. I mean, he can even attack after using his up B. I still don't see the reason to waste his down B. I'd prefer the kick whether he's on the ground or not, not another spin dash.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
Spin Dash(side B) is an attack that can pop your opponents into the air, and then be followed with another combo by chasing them into the air.
Spin charge simple dash straight into an opponent and hits like a smash attack.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Either way, Sonic does seem to have plenty adavantages. I mean, he can even attack after using his up B. I still don't see the reason to waste his down B. I'd prefer the kick whether he's on the ground or not, not another spin dash.
Down B HAD to be his Spin Dash, just like the games so if anything, the forward B is a waste....

and why would he kick as one of his specials?

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Ok. If his down is a Spin Dash that doesn't allow you to jump then why would Side B be a waste? If Side B allows you to continue your attack with a combo then I think down B is a waste. Why would he kick as a special? Because it would make more sense than to have 2 moves be the same but with different effects. He uses a kick in Sonic Rush and I wouldn't mind if he had that kick on this game either.

SiD

Smash Master
Meta Sonic, I agree it seems like a waste, but lets just wait till we know more about how they both work before we make any assumptions.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok. If his down is a Spin Dash that doesn't allow you to jump then why would Side B be a waste? If Side B allows you to continue your attack with a combo then I think down B is a waste. Why would he kick as a special? Because it would make more sense than to have 2 moves be the same but with different effects. He uses a kick in Sonic Rush and I wouldn't mind if he had that kick on this game either.
Well he doesn't have the kick as a B...that's not a very good idea for a special. There are a lot better specials in Sonic games they could have added instead of a kick...and, he doesn't have the kick anyway so it doesn't matter

and I said it would be a waste if anything because he does Down B in the games...

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Someone should compile all the sonic gameplay videos availible and post them here...or at least PM them to me.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah, I just think that SatSR was the worst Sonic game in recent history, yes worse than Sonic NextGen.

But either way, SuperSonic is classic. They kinda came out of left field with Darkspine Sonic.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just think that SatSR was the worst Sonic game in recent history, yes worse than Sonic NextGen.

But either way, SuperSonic is classic. They kinda came out of left field with Darkspine Sonic.
The only thing next Gen had on Secret Rings was better Music and the FMVs.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
the difference is that the spin charge adds more power, while spin dashis more manouverable.

as I said in a previous post, the reference to Sonic one is easy to spot. the down one is where you harge it, to go through loops and bumps. the side b is when you are already running and you press down on the controller.

the same goes with the spring. the only B move that doesn't reference the first Sonic games is the neutral, which seems to be his homing attack from Sonic adventure

Edit: sorry, I was explaining an ealier question. just ignore this

however, regarding everything said from there to here, yeah, I agree with SatSR being bad. but then again, it's happened with alot of games.

instead of Soul Calibur 4, we get legends

instead of Resident Evil 5, we get Umbrella Chronicles

and so, instead of Sonic Next gen, we get SatSR.

I know our graphic engine isnt as good as the other consoles, but what's stopping developers from making a weaker version for the system a year or so after the release for the other consoles?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
probably. I haven't played the older Sonic games much. but I know the kind of difference between the two. however, i can remember that when using the spin charge, a few seconds after using it, jumping was negated because you were going too fast, but spining while running still allowed you to jump. although, I could be wrong althogether

SonicMario

Smash Master
BTW, some news on Mario & Sonic at the Olympics (Wii Version): The realease date is now about 20 days earlier then expected in North America- November 6th. When in the other places, it is realeased November 22-23. Oh and Miis are confirmed to be playable. Who's faster? Sonic or Mario? Neither! YOU are fastest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom