• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well, I just watched the Video on IGN with Sonic vs Link. Have to say that is bad@$$. Sonic looks so interesting to use as a character. He also does some wind-up punch. He overall looks absolutely not sucky at all. Also the Hands-on summary says Sonic has one of the highest jumps. That spin-dash off the cliff theory looks like not a problem as you can jump out of it easy.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
im gonna main sonic !! ! wanted him in since foreverand now that he even has good moves and looks like a great fighter it makes me even more excited about using him. his fast has a nice jump and looks capable of amazing combos. i hope we get a demo soon so we have something to play till febuary

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Well, I just watched the Video on IGN with Sonic vs Link. Have to say that is bad@$$. Sonic looks so interesting to use as a character. He also does some wind-up punch. He overall looks absolutely not sucky at all. Also the Hands-on summary says Sonic has one of the highest jumps. That spin-dash off the cliff theory looks like not a problem as you can jump out of it easy.
Ahh yes, unlike Jiggz' daft roll thing that I kept dying with :p

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I just got done reading the last couple pages of this thread and someone brought up Darkspine Sonic. I couldn't figure it out, but then I remembered Secret Rings. Is that the Sonic with the Dodge Viper stripes?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got done reading the last couple pages of this thread and someone brought up Darkspine Sonic. I couldn't figure it out, but then I remembered Secret Rings. Is that the Sonic with the Dodge Viper stripes?
Yes, and darker colored

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Personally, I'm glad that Sakurai and Company went for good ol' Super Sonic. It's the classic super mode and I am all about the classic Sonic.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the "Invincibility Theme" from either Sonic 2 or Sonic 3 played when you activated Sonic's FS? I think it'd be awesome to have that beat going as you zip around the screen, knocking your opponents around like they were ragdolls.

Ah, yes. The nostalgia...

Sonic IS in Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

errtu

Smash Apprentice
wats the difference between the spin charge and the spin dash?? they look the same to me

SonicMario

Smash Master
@oldmankungfu: No. Sorry.

I'm Hoping that the next update (Perhaps after Super Sonic of course) is a stage. I'd like to know what stage is going to represent Sonic. I'm hoping Green Hill Zone, but it could just be just as easily an SA2 or SatSR stage.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
m2k, korean dj, zelgadis, ken

btw i just beat StH 1 for gen what should my next sonic game be? (gen only)
Sonic 2, and then Sonic and Knuckles 3. If you can get a Sega CD or an Emulator play Sonic CD, it is my favorite followed closely by S&K3.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Don't you mean Sonic & Knuckles? I never heard of a 2nd or 3rd S&K. Unless you mean Sonic the Hedgehog 3 AND Sonic & Knuckles.

EDIT: 800th post! 200 more until the Big one thousand!

errtu

Smash Apprentice
isn't that a waste of one move?
just one move and if u want to jump do so , if not... fine

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Don't you mean Sonic & Knuckles? I never heard of a 2nd or 3rd S&K. Unless you mean Sonic the Hedgehog 3 AND Sonic & Knuckles.

EDIT: 800th post! 200 more until the Big one thousand!
God, why do you have to act so stupid? You know that's what I meant.

Also, no one cares how many posts you have, they are all void of helpful content anyway.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not really. Way back in this thread when Del Money was still on this thread. We had a celebration after my 500th post. Ask SiD, he'll tell you :chuckle:. Even though i guess it was just a small celebration. We still had some fun. Someone even posted a Mountain Dew at my request.

SiD

Smash Master
See Digital Angel, that's why no one like you.

Plus, unless you've actually read through all of SonicMario's 800 posts, stfu about how valid they were. I for one would rather read through them all 10 times than ever see another one of your posts again. Ignore button ftw!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

That's a koopa.

Hold up...watch it again, when DK is shooting from the barrels...an orange creature with a white tipped tail is following him through them

OMFG, that IS tails!!!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Hold up...watch it again, when DK is shooting from the barrels...an orange creature with a white tipped tail is following him through them
Paratrooper. Notice the shell?

That's not a white-tipped tail. That's a yellow-bodied turtle with a green shell and wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom