• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I think a good assist trophy for Sonic would be Chaos or Metal Sonic come out and do some special more that can damage everyone on stage.

Chaos: Turns into Perfect Chaos, is huge and just stands at the part of the stage where he was brought out and attacks within his area range, cant more around.

Metal Sonic: Flys around like Sonic's Final smash but does much less damage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always wanted to play as Metal Sonic in an actually story...like a new Sonic's adventure where you can select him...or something...

Where he is actually part of the story...

He's my favorite Sonic character I have never played as...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Do any of u think Sonic will hav any partners in the game? Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, Eggman?
I'm sorry, but WTF?

Silver as Sonic's partner before Tails? Eggman as Sonic's partner before Tails?! Blasphemy.

I won't get into the Tails vs. Knuckles vs. Shadow debate here, but you can't mention partnering someone up with Sonic without mentioning Tails. It's just not kosher.

And, in general, I'd just like to say that I don't think there is enough Tails love in this thread. Just my opinion.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but WTF?

And, in general, I'd just like to say that I don't think there is enough Tails love in this thread. Just my opinion.
Agreed mate. If any sega character deserves to be in (besides sonic), It should be either tails or Mecha Sonic.

Reason for tails: Tails is Sonic's main partner. You can't have mario without luigi. You can't have batman without the robin. You just can't. period.

Reason for Mecha Sonic: He could have a totally different move set, since he rarely rolls up into a ball, and is the coolest antagonist in the sonic series.But what about shadow? You ask. In my opinion, shadow is a character introduced to keep the sonic fan base alive.

But wait! this is the coolest smiley ever :lick:

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
there is two different types of costumes
1: The pallet color change is where you customize the characters pallet color.
2: Where you actually have a diffent costume.

EX: Mario was seen as Dr. Mario in the videos .
EX: a guy said you can customize the character pallets in the video given on this thread.

SiegK

Smash Champion
I always wanted to play as Metal Sonic in an actually story...like a new Sonic's adventure where you can select him...or something...

Where he is actually part of the story...

He's my favorite Sonic character I have never played as...
You can Play as Metal Sonic in Sonic Adventure 2 in Vs Mode. Sure its not a story line, but you can Race with him. Lol. His special is pretty cool.

there is two different typed of costume

EX: a guy said you can customize the character pallets in the video given on this thread.
I Must have missed that video. Where do we see Mario as Dr Mario???

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
there is two different typed of costume

Wait... are you serious about this? There was a video with Mario dressed as Doc AND proof of customizable costume pallets? Or are those just hopeful examples?

Oh yea, one more thing while I'm here.

@SSMatt:
Please get rid of your sig, or I'm going to report you. You're bugging me big time with it stretching out the posts. Normally I don't care what peoples' sigs are, and I approve of your love for Sonic, but your giant "YAY!" is making the thread annoying to read from.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
So, now that we know sonic is in brawl (YES OMG YESSS!) does anyone think he'll be overpowered? From what I saw on the videos he was sonic fast (yes OMG YESSS), but he seemed relativly weak.

Another question: Do you think it's a good idea that they are making the spindash only 1 button like the sidescrollers were. Having played the sega genisis I love that desicion.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I don't remeber the thread but it is on the sonic thread it's been a while since I was here. I wish I could tell you but, I don't remember.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Well that sucks. As Much as I LOVE SONIC IN BRAWL! It kills me that made Dr. Mario just a different style of Mario... Cause for someone who has mastered Dr Mario, I know clearly the huge differences between the two Mario characters. Which is why i like Dr better. That ticks me off. But Sonic was going to be my new best anyway. so whatever. Lol. ^_^

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic honestly doesn't look bad. He looks like he'll have nice recovery, but thats my opinion. He gets really high with that Special Up move. That charge up punch though, hoping isn't a special move cause there's a lot more things original to the series.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic honestly doesn't look bad. He looks like he'll have nice recovery, but thats my opinion. He gets really high with that Special Up move. That charge up punch though, hoping isn't a special move cause there's a lot more things original to the series.
We practically figured out his last special and it's no punch or kick

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does it bother anyone else that Sonic's Up B is kinda like Luigi's in the case that you only go straight up and their realy isnt any angle to it...
It's not really that much like Luigi's since it gets nice range...probably won't be that powerful though

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Does it bother anyone else that Sonic's Up B is kinda like Luigi's in the case that you only go straight up and their realy isnt any angle to it...
Not so much, because apparently it gives him insane height to make up for it.

I'm more bothered by his upB's lack of relation to him as a character. The spring isn't so much a move as it is a stage feature.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Strange it may be, at least it isn't something random (even though it kind of is). It would be hilarious if Sonic randomly pulled Tails out of nowhere just so he could lift each other up to "safety".

SiegK

Smash Champion
Sonic's Up B

I Like:
It goes Super High
It classic Sonic Spring, love the idea

I Dont Like:
Its like Luigi's in the way that it goes only straight up, no angle
Falls straight down, doesnt look like you can tmove while falling

Things that could Change:
Could make it like Game and Watch, high up but with an angle

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic's Up B

I Like:
It goes Super High

I Dont Like:
Its like Luigi's in the way that it goes only straight up.

Could make it like Game and Watch, high up but at an angle.
Are you sure you can't angle it any?

Wait, but after Luigi's, he becomes immobile

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
How come Sonic's up b doesn't make him vulnerable like everyone else does after using it? Is Sonic the only one that can attack after doing up b, or has this changed for everyone as well?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After Luigi's innitial attack, he becomes immobile and can't do anything, Sonic can still attack and such after his

SiegK

Smash Champion
How come Sonic's up b doesn't make him vulnerable like everyone else does after using it? Is Sonic the only one that can attack after doing up b, or has this changed for everyone as well?
I think him spining downword is him being vulnerable, just doesnt flash.

Anyway, this is what i had in mind for the Sonic Assist Trophies.

I think a good assist trophy for Sonic would be Chaos or Metal Sonic come out and do some special more that can damage everyone on stage.

PERFECT CHAOS!

Chaos: Turns into Perfect Chaos, is huge and just stands at the part of the stage where he was brought out and attacks within his area range, cant more around.

METAL SONIC!

Metal Sonic: Flys around like Sonic's Final smash but does much less damage.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So, now that we know sonic is in brawl (YES OMG YESSS!) does anyone think he'll be overpowered? From what I saw on the videos he was sonic fast (yes OMG YESSS), but he seemed relativly weak.

Another question: Do you think it's a good idea that they are making the spindash only 1 button like the sidescrollers were. Having played the sega genisis I love that desicion.
Well, I can only hope that Sonic will be overpowered. It will make my obsession easier to win with so I don't end up like kirbykid or Gimpyfish.

And yes, I do think the multiple Spin Dash moveset is a great thing. All the moves aren't exactly the same, they all seem like great special moves, they all bring out a different use of the Spin Attack from different eras of Sonic's games, and one of his special moves isn't a Spin Dash so it's not like they got lazy about it. Lolz

dB- Gives props to the earliest, classic 2D moments in Sonic's life. (Sonic2, Sonic3, Sonic&Knuckles, SonicCD, etc)

fB- Gives props to the more obscure, yet, strangely intriguing moments in Sonic's life. (SonicTheFighters, SonicBattle, etc)

nB- Gives props to Sonic's more recent, yet, unsuccessful, yet, fun at moments in Sonic's life. (SonicAdventure, SonicAdventure2:Battle, SonicHeroes, SonicTheHedgehog, etc)

uB- It's a bumper... they're all over the place. (Sonic - SonicTheHedgehog)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
No,... Big is a cat, like Garfield and Heathclif. Also, Big was a terrible character. He didn't really add any depth to the "Sonicverse" other than adding two more characters to the lineup (Big + Froggy).

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic's Up B

I Like:
It goes Super High

I Dont Like:
Its like Luigi's in the way that it goes only straight up, no angle
Falls straight down, doesnt look like you can tmove while falling

Could make it like Game and Watch, high up but with an angle
I would have to agree with you. I would hate that he couldn't move, but maybe he'll have that G&W like jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom