• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
It's not really that much like Luigi's since it gets nice range...probably won't be that powerful though
No,... Big is a cat, like Garfield and Heathclif. Also, Big was a terrible character. He didn't really add any depth to the "Sonicverse" other than adding two more characters to the lineup (Big + Froggy).
I have a soft spot for him though.
I remeber those days when I should have been studying or doing my homework, but instead I fished for Froggy.
Ah the good ol' days.

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Wait no after intense web surfing I found the video it was''y mario in a different costume my bad. I didn't have my contacts on when I first saw it sorry. Keep your hopes up and to see the video go to google:videos and type SSBB demo videos to see all of them ok.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Big was the absolute worst part of Sonic Adventure, and pretty much everyone in the entire universe agrees.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wish I still had that game...My brother GAVE my game to one of his friends...and my controller and memory card

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
That calls for some violence. I would strangle the life out of my brother if he did that. I love my Sonic games too much. Except for that "game" Sonic Shuffle. I don't even like mentioning it due to its frustrating game play. I had a rant on it, if I find it I will post it.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Lol, I found my Sonic Shuffle rant...

and here it is:
I cannot believe that NOBODY mentioned this game. I guess it is for the bettering of the gaming commmunity. For those of you that have seen footage of this game, or have played it *cringes* I feel your pain. Here it is, the WORST game of all time (in my opinion):

Sonic Shuffle

At first you think, "Hey, a Sonic game with cards. Could be cool." That is your first mistake. Then you find out it is a party game like Mario Party. Yet again you think, "It can't possibly be that bad, it might even turn out to be fun." Mistake number two. Then you pop the disc into the machine that the PS2 killed (the Dreamcast) and get to the title screen. Flashy, yet cartoony; it actually kinda fits. That is all that "fits" in this game. When you play, you know you aren't going to find three other people to play with, so you use the computer controlled opponents. Also, since you have never played this game before, you set all of the computers on "Easy". Then you can begin.
You play on a board like surface, just like in Mario Party. And in order to move around the board, you are given numbered cards. Everyone is given cards, and when you run out of cards you can choose one of your opponents cards. You cannot see the numbers on the faces of your opponent's cards. BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THEY CAN SEE YOURS! THEY SOMETIMES CHOOSE YOUR CARDS AND THEY ALWAYS CHOOSE THE GOOD CARDS. THEY NEVER PICK THE "1"s OR THE "2"s, THEY CHOOSE THE ONES THAT CAN SEND YOU HALFWAY ACROSS THE BOARD. THEN, WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF CARDS AND HAVE TO CHOOS THE COMPUTERS CARDS, YOU NEVER PICK THE GOOD ONES. Then there are the different spaces you land on the board. There are ones that give you rings, and ones that take away your rings. THOSE are the good tiles. You would definately rather land on the negative ring tiles than these next ones. Other than the ring tiles there are Mini-game and Monster Battle tiles. Some of the mini-games are not that bad, like in Mario Party. Those few Mini-game tiles are the least painful trait this game carries. The Monster Battle tiles are the worst thing the Sonic Team has ever created. In order to batle the monsters (which are given a number), you have to draw one of your cards to match or better that number. ONE OF THE CRAPPY CARDS THAT THE COMPUTERS LEFT YOU WITH. THEN, AFTER YOU CHOSE THE LEFTOVER CARD. THE CARD STARTS SPINNING. IT ROTATES AND SHOWS YOU VALUES RANGING FROM 1 TO THE VALUE OF THE CARD. YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE "A" BUTTON AT JUST THE RIGHT TIME TO GET THE NUMBER YOU NEED. BUT WHEN YOU THINK YOU PRESSED "A" AT THE RIGHT TIME, THE GAME MESSES WITH YOU AND GIVES YOU THE NUMBER BEFORE OR AFTER THE ONE YOU WANTED. THUS MAKING YOU LOSE THE "BATTLE" AND YOU LOSE RINGS AND ONE OF THE POWER-UP ITEMS YOU CAN GAIN THROUGH MINI-GAMES, BATTLES, OR PURCHASE.
In order to "win" you have to collect a number of gemstones placed randomly on the board. TO GET THERE, YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR CRAPPY CARDS, TO LAND ON LAME BATTLE TILES ONLY TO USE MORE OF YOUR USELESS CARDS TO LOSE THE BATTLE. THEN, IF YOU GET TO THE GEMSTONE, YOU HAVE TO LAND ON THE SAME TILE IT IS ON. WHEN YOU FINALLY DO LAND ON IT, YOU HAVE TO WIN A FREAKIN' BATTLE TO GAIN IT. So you use your obsolete cards to try to fight (or you might even attempt to use one of your opponents bad cards and still lose), ONLY TO LOSE THE BATTLE. THEN ONE OT THE SO CALLED "EASY" COMPUTERS "ATTEMPTS" TO FIGHT AND WINS WITH FLYING COLORS. Then they place the next gemstone near one of the other computers so they can nab it. The list of frusterations keeps going. I don't even want to go through complaining about the secret characters. Yes, they put secret characters in a party game. *sugh* I'm done, I don't have any more energy in my "Rant-O-Meter".

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Well, there was originally spaces. But when I copy and pasted it from another forum I posted this in, it came out like this. My friend said, and I quote: "It's a brick of hate!"

edit: Plus, if you had played this game, you would understand my pain and anger. You might have posted the same way.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Neat, I was taking my turn to be clever. Yet, you turned it around once again. Props to the comedian thing, I couldn't stand to be in front of hundreds of people hoping they laugh at my "jokes".

edit: On topic: Sonic is the best video game character ever. Want to know why? I am completely biased, thats why.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Too bad Sonic owns Zelda Games.
Too bad you phailed in your response sir (or ma'am).

1) You depicted Link, not Zelda.

2) Link despises Mario just as much as the Blue Blur, so they would team up against him *points to my sig*

I am also completely biased in the direction of LoZ, Sonic comes first, but the man in green is a close second.

SiD

Smash Master

2) Link despises Mario just as much as the Blue Blur, so they would team up against him *points to my sig*

I am also completely biased in the direction of LoZ, Sonic comes first, but the man in green is a close second.
Um, what sig?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why does everyone think Link holds a "jealousy grudge" against Sonic?
My only guess is that it's inspired by the gameplay videos from that Nintendo convention. In the only two videos where Sonic went one-on-one with someone, it was with Link (as far as I know. And no, I'm not counting the Sudden Death with Meta Knight).

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.

Umm,

1)I high lighter Zelda not Link cause their Zelda games not Link games, Title? Mr Zelda.

2) Shut up, you dont know what character like or despises the other.

3) You make me Lawlz.

I have never even heard of a fight between Link and Sonic. I was making a joke of his Biasism, no harm mented.

wth are you guys talking about?

SiD

Smash Master
Umm,

1)I high lighter Zelda not Link cause their Zelda games not Link games, Title? Mr Zelda.

2) Shut up, you dont know what character like or despises the other.

3) You make me Lawlz.
calm down guys, calm down. SiegK, you did kinda start this. Both of you need to drop it.

BTW SiegK, do you know we have a forum now? http://s3.invisionfree.com/Smashing_Sonic_Speed/

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love both Link and Sonic equally. I just own and play all of the Zelda games. ^_^ I never owned a Sega, so I didn't really play it that much. Buzz and I just got Sonic and Tails 2 on our Wii. Its fun! :)

SiegK

Smash Champion
calm down guys, calm down. SiegK, you did kinda start this. Both of you need to drop it.

BTW SiegK, do you know we have a forum now? http://s3.invisionfree.com/Smashing_Sonic_Speed/
I didnt start crap, I made a funny comment bias to Sonic cause he said he liked Link better. C'mon guys, you should know by not Im not actually worked up when I say stuff unless I tell you.

Its a Sonic thread, Sonic wins.

BTW...THATS COOL!
Lol. But Smash Boards is my home. Ill pop in though.

Sinn

Smash Lord
So here's a question...this board moves way too fast now and I care not to sift through, but what does the Super Sonic final smash move that they gave him...DO in the game? I haven't seen any videos of it yet. Anyone know?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So here's a question...this board moves way too fast now and I care not to sift through, but what does the Super Sonic final smash move that they gave him...DO in the game? I haven't seen any videos of it yet. Anyone know?
You control him flying around and anyone that touches Sonic gets hurt, or sonic touches...For a lot of damage (If I remember)

He has infinited flight and full control over it

SiegK

Smash Champion
You can basicly control Sonic and Fly around the stage, pretty fast. Seems very smooth. Everytime you hit an enemy, they go Flying! He stays Super Sonic for about Id say...15 seconds?

Hes got a link ^

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
You can fly around with Sonic with no strings attached. No jumping required or anything. When you ram people, they take damage and a bunch of knock back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom