• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, it was hard to hear the voices in that song.
Yeah, the person that made the flash isn't the same person that made the song...so when he got the Mp3 file from the other person somehow it messed up when he uploaded it

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Why does every smash fan here hate rap? **** white people.. lol jk..
I think rock music just goes so much better with SSBM. I mean, switch on the game. Put on a hard, or fast, or heavy rock song. Just play and kick some butt whilst that music shakes the room. Then put rap music on. It's nowhere near the same great feel you got when you put on that heavy shizz ;)

Rock Music + SSBM = Pwnage

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind rap. it's just some of it that doesn't make sense to me. probably it's british rap that makes no sense, becuase it's white chavs trying to be hip (people don't say hip anymore right?).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't mind rap. it's just some of it that doesn't make sense to me. probably it's british rap that makes no sense, becuase it's white chavs trying to be hip (people don't say hip anymore right?).
That sounded like something my friend would say...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I think rock music just goes so much better with SSBM. I mean, switch on the game. Put on a hard, or fast, or heavy rock song. Just play and kick some butt whilst that music shakes the room. Then put rap music on. It's nowhere near the same great feel you got when you put on that heavy shizz ;)

Rock Music + SSBM = Pwnage
I think the same, I just think Rock Music just goes with the game way better. Depending on what rock you listen to, you might not even have to listen to the lyrics and just enjoy the sound of you kicking @$$ with hardcore instrumentals. Since this is the Sonic thread Sonic's music goes pretty well with the smash take.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
I think the same, I just think Rock Music just goes with the game way better. Depending on what rock you listen to, you might not even have to listen to the lyrics and just enjoy the sound of you kicking @$$ with hardcore instrumentals. Since this is the Sonic thread Sonic's music goes pretty well with the smash take.
Yeh, even Sonic likes rock music :) Just look at his madass badass guitar solo's in his many game themes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It should be different depending on the character represented by the music, some with rap, some with rock, some with pop, punk, emo, techno, etc.

DEATH METAL!!!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah any music thats fast kinda load and gets u pumped thats the perfect usic to listen to while playin melee (and in the near future brawl) i personally like rock alternitive but Mostly i listen to reggae style music stuff like SUBLIME also have any of u people heard of G.LOVE AND SPECIAL SAUCE there awesome!! oh yeah and sonic is amazing cant wait for brawl

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well just about anything is an improvement over the music we have now. Many songs from Melee were pretty lackluster.

Rock would be great, I still think House would be even cooler.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
As a guess, I think they might take the Music from Sonic Next Gen when you beat a Lvl.
(The short "His World" tune)
But then again, this is a Nintendo Sonic, not The 360 and PS3 Sonic Team Sonic.
I would like to see the "Live and Learn" instrumental as a Victory theme.
Or instrumental "Sonic's Theme" from SA2B.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
For a stage, I like either "Live and Learn" from SA2:B or "Open Your Heart" from SA:DX. Either an instrumental with the guitar riffs and everything, or even an orchestra version would be amazing. Fpr a victory tune, I'd say the classic lvl complete diddy from the Sonic Adventure games.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm curious about what they'll be doing with character intros and victory themes this time around. For starters, characters from the same franchise don't seem to all have the same intro (the way Mario & Luigi did in the original and Pikachu & Jigglypuff did) since Bowser's intro involves him being bathed in flames. If that's the case, I wonder if there's going to be a slightly different victory theme for each character of the same franchise too; Metaknight's victory music was Kirby's victory theme with an interesting rock motif, but Samus's theme sounded orchestrated...I wonder if there will be subtle differences like that.

And as for Sonic's, wouldn't it be just fine to have the theme be the level clear music from the original game...? That's what Mario's is, and he's had many other themes throughout the years to pull from.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
If you ask me, the Crush 40 songs are just one of many problems the newer Sonic games have. I wouldn't be upset at all if we didn't get any in Brawl (aside from Live and Learn, since it was in his intro video). Also, just so people are clear that Smash Sonic is not going to bring the suck that those newer games have, there should be no music from Heroes, Shadow or Sonic 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom