• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hey, whoa.
Our Sonic's totally went even the last time we did WiFi.

It was just my other characters (minus Bowser) who sucked, lol.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
My Falcon almost beat your Snake. I thought I had you...I would've lol'd so hard.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Falcon's too good...

hm...

Go to the WiFi thread.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Falcon is slowly progressing into this beast. I think he'll be top tier in Brawl by the time Smash 5 comes out.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
HEY ALL YOU WILD AND CRAZY GUYS!!!!

Anways, have you tried playing Brawl on fast mode? It's so crazy awesome man, so crazy awesome. Spend about 5-10 minutes training in it and then trick your friends into playing it with you. Sonic is UNTOUCHABLE in fast mode. Running grab becomes broken, but beyond that, it's just a lot of freakin fun!
Whats even more fun is when you get addicted to it with some friends, play it for a few hours, and go back to regular and everything is literally in slooooooow moooootion. You would be so surprised.
It's at that point you decide normal Brawl is not for you and only fast brawl is played from that moment on.

*posts some random pokemon picture*

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol, practice against Metaknight in fast mode.

wut wut
Metaknightis2slow?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Falcon is bottom tier on the list as of now. Bull. whatever. Falcon is amazing in my eyes. Sure he was gimped a bit but so were a bunch of othercharacters. And Sonic. sure he doesnt kill but you can make some kick *** combos... if only his up smash wasnt so easy to DI out of.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it isn't easy to DI out of if you avoid the first hit (Sonic's jump part) of the U-smash.

Falcon is surprisingly harmful to people who don't expect it.

Pretty sure he goes neutral with Sonic, and in the same sense, alot of his disadvantaged matchups can probably be pushed more towards neutral than they seem.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I tried using Meat Knight in fast mode, and he felt too slow to me -.-

Fox however, felt like a move spamming unpunishable beast.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So I've come to teh conclusion that against certain characters. Sonic will have to B campy. Sonic can rack up damage easily. But eventually the enemy wil slowly start to break trough Sonic's moves. So from now on... I'd say that against Olimar, Snake, DDD, Falco and Zelda. We are gonna hafta be campy and win via timer :-/

Is this a BAD idea? Cuz It's just that I can beat good players. But freaking the chars that I list break trough my moves all the time towards the end of matches. I notice that I'm easily winning at first and the enemy catches up the more I fight mainly cuz It gets harder to get the kill :-/. It's pissing me off cuz I keep getting 4rd and 4th place because of it...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So I've come to teh conclusion that against certain characters. Sonic will have to B campy. Sonic can rack up damage easily. But eventually the enemy wil slowly start to break trough Sonic's moves. So from now on... I'd say that against Olimar, Snake, DDD, Falco and Zelda. We are gonna hafta be campy and win via timer :-/

Is this a BAD idea? Cuz It's just that I can beat good players. But freaking the chars that I list break trough my moves all the time towards the end of matches. I notice that I'm easily winning at first and the enemy catches up the more I fight mainly cuz It gets harder to get the kill :-/. It's pissing me off cuz I keep getting 4rd and 4th place because of it...
Try it for yourself... see what happens.

What's probably going on in your matches is something that I believe ever Sonic main experiences or has experienced once... where you find something that works, and you use it well for the first few stocks, then the opponent is able to read what you're doing and you're incapable of adjusting to it for watever reason. You could try to camp and stall the timer out... but seriously, you're playing Sonic.

The better guess is to learn more mixups. That way, you're opponent is always guessing, and then they might not break through all of your attacks because they won't see it coming.

tl;dr: try something different throughout your matches.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I do not apologize for the amount of space in this letter I intend to devote to telling you about The SBR. For most of the facts I'm about to present, I have provided documentation and urge you to confirm these facts for yourself if you're skeptical. Is there a chance that The SBR isn't two-faced, mentally deficient, and inarticulate? From what I've seen, I doubt it. When I look back I think, "I have found, to my considerable surprise, that The SBR is lying to itself if it thinks that the Eleventh Commandment is, 'Thou shalt convince impressionable young people that mediocrity is a worthwhile goal'." Consider the issue of dangerous revanchism. Everyone agrees that The SBR's irascible orations are chockablock with gnosticism, but there are still some ****able underachievers out there who doubt that this is betrayal of the many by the few. To them I say: The SBR's factotums were recently seen turning New Age idiots loose against us good citizens. That's not a one-time accident or oversight. That's The SBR's policy.

The SBR's planning to exploit issues such as the global economic crisis and the increase in world terrorism in order to instigate planet-wide chaos. Planet-wide chaos is its gateway to global tyranny, which will in turn enable it to suborn inimical televangelists to marginalize and eventually even outlaw responsible critics of the worst kinds of raving, ghastly tricksters I've ever seen. When a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, The SBR is drunk with power, which is why we must let it know, in no uncertain terms, that it is not at all apologetic for the harm its bootlickers have caused. The SBR's sympathizers want to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization for one purpose and one purpose only: to fleece us. Not to put too fine a point on it but The SBR promises its hatchet men that as soon as it's finished causing riots in the streets, they'll all become rich beyond their wildest dreams. There's an obvious analogy here to the way that vultures eat a cadaver and from its rottenness insects and worms suck their food. The point is that The SBR aims at nothing less than the complete overthrow of capitalism, representational government, and democracy. Let's remember that.

When we counteract the subtle, but pervasive, social message that says that honesty and responsibility have no cash value and are therefore worthless, we are not only threading our way through a maze of competing interests; we are weaving the very pattern of our social fabric. Instead of friends, The SBR has victims and cultists who end up as victims. I definitely feel sorry for the lot of them. I also feel that The SBR has long wanted to prevent anyone from stating publicly that it is entirely unmovable by truth or reason. Why do I bring that up? Because by studying its repression of ideas in its extreme, unambiguous form one may more clearly understand why as long as the beer keeps flowing and the paychecks keep coming, The SBR's spin doctors don't really care that you may be worried that it will do away with intellectual honesty eventually. If so, then I, speaking as someone who is not an ignominious mental defective, share your misgivings. But let's not worry about that now. Instead, let's discuss my observation that The SBR doesn't want me to increase awareness and understanding of our similarities and differences. Well, I've never been a very obedient dog so I intend not only to do exactly that but also to criticize the obvious incongruities presented by The SBR and its lieutenants.

I am making a pretty serious accusation here. I am accusing The SBR of planning to tap into the national resurgence of overt antipluralism. And I don't want anyone to think that I am basing my accusation only on the fact that as it matures morally it'll eventually grow out of its present way of thinking and come to realize that its intent is to prevent us from asking questions. The SBR doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false.

I wouldn't put it past The SBR to destroy our culture, our institutions, and our way of life. Well, that's another story. To get back to my main point, I ought to mention that the most believable explanation for many of the destructive trends in politics, economics, morality, and other key areas over the past two years is that a secretive, incredibly dictatorial, well-organized movement has been striving relentlessly to bring widespread death and degradation to millions of human beings across the face of the Earth. The sooner it comes to grips with that reality, the better for all of us. Rather than persuade you myself that The SBR possesses an extraordinary ability to make incompetence seem philosophical and stupidity seem profound, I decided to gather input from various independent observers: teachers, farmers, shopkeepers, doctors, and so forth. I've tried to get balanced and reasonably accurate views about The SBR's ornery half-measures. For instance, a policeman I interviewed pointed out how The SBR likes to blame those who have no power to change the current direction of events. Such activity can flourish only in the dark, however. If you drag it into the open, The SBR and its backers will run for cover, like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen when the light is turned on suddenly during the night. That's why we must advocate concrete action and specific quantifiable goals.

Viewing all this from a higher vantage point, we can see that while The SBR and other untoward schizophrenics sometimes differ on the details and scale of their upcoming campaigns of terror they never fail to agree on the basic principle and substance. Hence, it is imperative that you understand that we should not concern ourselves with its putative virtue or vice. Rather, we should concern ourselves with our own welfare and with the fact that if The SBR thinks that it is the way, the truth, and the light then maybe it should lay off the wacky tobacky. The SBR is secretly planning to rob, steal, cheat, and murder. I realize that that may sound rather conspiratorial and farfetched to most people, which is why you need to understand that I have some advice for The SBR. It should keep its mouth shut until it stops being such a condescending, disagreeable slacker and starts being at least one of informative, agreeable, creative, or entertaining.

The SBR uses the word "incomprehensibleness" without ever having taken the time to look it up in the dictionary. Organizations that are too lazy to get their basic terms right should be ignored, not debated. With all due respect, The SBR claims that it could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. Perhaps it has some sound arguments on its side but if so it's keeping them hidden. I'd say it's far more likely that I should note that The SBR writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What's sneaky is that it constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to its readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that The SBR's shills believe that principles don't matter. Although it is perhaps impossible to change the perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish nevertheless to build a new understanding that can transport us to tomorrow.

If you don't think that there is an inherent contradiction between The SBR's beastly, vengeful form of nepotism and basic human rights, then you've missed the whole point of this letter. Better, far better, that Man were without the gift of speech than that he use it as The SBR does. Better that Man could neither read nor write than have his head and heart perverted by the irrational and crapulous tommyrot that oozes from The SBR's pen. And better that the cut of Man's coat and the number of his buttons were fixed by statute and enforced by penalties than that The SBR should turn cult leaders loose against us good citizens. Let us now join hands, hearts, and minds to prevent The SBR's frowzy, soporific jeremiads from spreading like a malignant tumor. I hate it when xenophobic rumormongers like The SBR go on with such vigor about subjects they don't even know about. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this letter, viz., that it should stop caterwauling about what it doesn't understand? It is bootless to speculate on the matter but it should be noted that I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of The SBR's hypocrisy or crookedness. It's what I've come to expect by now.

My point may be made clearer by use of an allegorical tale. Suppose a hypothetical group of three people is standing in a room. One of those people realizes that The SBR will stop at nothing to get its way. Another goes on and on about The SBR's shrewish expositions. But the third can't understand why I have nothing more to say on that issue. In this hypothetical situation, it should be obvious that it's debatable whether the magnitude of The SBR's lies should disgust anyone who has an even moderate education. However, no one can disagree that most people don't realize that it has already revealed its plans to plunge the whole of Christendom into wars and chaos. It revealed these plans in a manifesto bearing all of the hallmarks of having been written by a superstitious usurer. Not only is its manifesto entirely lacking in logic, relentlessly subjective, and completely anecdotal, but if you've read this far then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me.

The SBR must think that being dirty entitles one to declare that my bitterness at The SBR is merely the latent projection of libidinal energy stemming from self-induced anguish. From this perspective, The SBR likes to seem smarter than it really is. It therefore always amuses me whenever it cracks open a thesaurus, aims for intellectualism, misses, and lands squarely in a puddle of biased frippery. Even The SBR's representatives couldn't deal with the full impact of The SBR's editorials. That's why they created "The SBR-ism," which is just an anti-democratic excuse to impact public policy for years to come. The SBR loves fetishism with the kind of irrational passion normally reserved for professional sports teams. And that's why I say to you: Have courage. Be honest. And supply the missing ingredient that could stop the worldwide slide into teetotalism. That's the patriotic thing to do, and that's the right thing to do.

Browny

Smash Hater
did you just like, find that on the itnernet somewhere and replace all words (such as government, or a 'religion' maybe?) with SBR?

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
I do not apologize for the amount of space in this letter I intend to devote to telling you about The SBR. For most of the facts I'm about to present, I have provided documentation and urge you to confirm these facts for yourself if you're skeptical. Is there a chance that The SBR isn't two-faced, mentally deficient, and inarticulate? From what I've seen, I doubt it. When I look back I think, "I have found, to my considerable surprise, that The SBR is lying to itself if it thinks that the Eleventh Commandment is, 'Thou shalt convince impressionable young people that mediocrity is a worthwhile goal'." Consider the issue of dangerous revanchism. Everyone agrees that The SBR's irascible orations are chockablock with gnosticism, but there are still some ****able underachievers out there who doubt that this is betrayal of the many by the few. To them I say: The SBR's factotums were recently seen turning New Age idiots loose against us good citizens. That's not a one-time accident or oversight. That's The SBR's policy.

The SBR's planning to exploit issues such as the global economic crisis and the increase in world terrorism in order to instigate planet-wide chaos. Planet-wide chaos is its gateway to global tyranny, which will in turn enable it to suborn inimical televangelists to marginalize and eventually even outlaw responsible critics of the worst kinds of raving, ghastly tricksters I've ever seen. When a friend wants to drive inebriated, you try to stop him. Well, The SBR is drunk with power, which is why we must let it know, in no uncertain terms, that it is not at all apologetic for the harm its bootlickers have caused. The SBR's sympathizers want to encourage the acceptance of scapegoating and demonization for one purpose and one purpose only: to fleece us. Not to put too fine a point on it but The SBR promises its hatchet men that as soon as it's finished causing riots in the streets, they'll all become rich beyond their wildest dreams. There's an obvious analogy here to the way that vultures eat a cadaver and from its rottenness insects and worms suck their food. The point is that The SBR aims at nothing less than the complete overthrow of capitalism, representational government, and democracy. Let's remember that.

When we counteract the subtle, but pervasive, social message that says that honesty and responsibility have no cash value and are therefore worthless, we are not only threading our way through a maze of competing interests; we are weaving the very pattern of our social fabric. Instead of friends, The SBR has victims and cultists who end up as victims. I definitely feel sorry for the lot of them. I also feel that The SBR has long wanted to prevent anyone from stating publicly that it is entirely unmovable by truth or reason. Why do I bring that up? Because by studying its repression of ideas in its extreme, unambiguous form one may more clearly understand why as long as the beer keeps flowing and the paychecks keep coming, The SBR's spin doctors don't really care that you may be worried that it will do away with intellectual honesty eventually. If so, then I, speaking as someone who is not an ignominious mental defective, share your misgivings. But let's not worry about that now. Instead, let's discuss my observation that The SBR doesn't want me to increase awareness and understanding of our similarities and differences. Well, I've never been a very obedient dog so I intend not only to do exactly that but also to criticize the obvious incongruities presented by The SBR and its lieutenants.

I am making a pretty serious accusation here. I am accusing The SBR of planning to tap into the national resurgence of overt antipluralism. And I don't want anyone to think that I am basing my accusation only on the fact that as it matures morally it'll eventually grow out of its present way of thinking and come to realize that its intent is to prevent us from asking questions. The SBR doesn't want the details checked. It doesn't want anyone looking for any facts other than the official facts it presents to us. I wonder if this is because most of its "facts" are false.

I wouldn't put it past The SBR to destroy our culture, our institutions, and our way of life. Well, that's another story. To get back to my main point, I ought to mention that the most believable explanation for many of the destructive trends in politics, economics, morality, and other key areas over the past two years is that a secretive, incredibly dictatorial, well-organized movement has been striving relentlessly to bring widespread death and degradation to millions of human beings across the face of the Earth. The sooner it comes to grips with that reality, the better for all of us. Rather than persuade you myself that The SBR possesses an extraordinary ability to make incompetence seem philosophical and stupidity seem profound, I decided to gather input from various independent observers: teachers, farmers, shopkeepers, doctors, and so forth. I've tried to get balanced and reasonably accurate views about The SBR's ornery half-measures. For instance, a policeman I interviewed pointed out how The SBR likes to blame those who have no power to change the current direction of events. Such activity can flourish only in the dark, however. If you drag it into the open, The SBR and its backers will run for cover, like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen when the light is turned on suddenly during the night. That's why we must advocate concrete action and specific quantifiable goals.

Viewing all this from a higher vantage point, we can see that while The SBR and other untoward schizophrenics sometimes differ on the details and scale of their upcoming campaigns of terror they never fail to agree on the basic principle and substance. Hence, it is imperative that you understand that we should not concern ourselves with its putative virtue or vice. Rather, we should concern ourselves with our own welfare and with the fact that if The SBR thinks that it is the way, the truth, and the light then maybe it should lay off the wacky tobacky. The SBR is secretly planning to rob, steal, cheat, and murder. I realize that that may sound rather conspiratorial and farfetched to most people, which is why you need to understand that I have some advice for The SBR. It should keep its mouth shut until it stops being such a condescending, disagreeable slacker and starts being at least one of informative, agreeable, creative, or entertaining.

The SBR uses the word "incomprehensibleness" without ever having taken the time to look it up in the dictionary. Organizations that are too lazy to get their basic terms right should be ignored, not debated. With all due respect, The SBR claims that it could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. Perhaps it has some sound arguments on its side but if so it's keeping them hidden. I'd say it's far more likely that I should note that The SBR writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What's sneaky is that it constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to its readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that The SBR's shills believe that principles don't matter. Although it is perhaps impossible to change the perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish nevertheless to build a new understanding that can transport us to tomorrow.

If you don't think that there is an inherent contradiction between The SBR's beastly, vengeful form of nepotism and basic human rights, then you've missed the whole point of this letter. Better, far better, that Man were without the gift of speech than that he use it as The SBR does. Better that Man could neither read nor write than have his head and heart perverted by the irrational and crapulous tommyrot that oozes from The SBR's pen. And better that the cut of Man's coat and the number of his buttons were fixed by statute and enforced by penalties than that The SBR should turn cult leaders loose against us good citizens. Let us now join hands, hearts, and minds to prevent The SBR's frowzy, soporific jeremiads from spreading like a malignant tumor. I hate it when xenophobic rumormongers like The SBR go on with such vigor about subjects they don't even know about. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this letter, viz., that it should stop caterwauling about what it doesn't understand? It is bootless to speculate on the matter but it should be noted that I can no longer get very excited about any revelation of The SBR's hypocrisy or crookedness. It's what I've come to expect by now.

My point may be made clearer by use of an allegorical tale. Suppose a hypothetical group of three people is standing in a room. One of those people realizes that The SBR will stop at nothing to get its way. Another goes on and on about The SBR's shrewish expositions. But the third can't understand why I have nothing more to say on that issue. In this hypothetical situation, it should be obvious that it's debatable whether the magnitude of The SBR's lies should disgust anyone who has an even moderate education. However, no one can disagree that most people don't realize that it has already revealed its plans to plunge the whole of Christendom into wars and chaos. It revealed these plans in a manifesto bearing all of the hallmarks of having been written by a superstitious usurer. Not only is its manifesto entirely lacking in logic, relentlessly subjective, and completely anecdotal, but if you've read this far then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me.

The SBR must think that being dirty entitles one to declare that my bitterness at The SBR is merely the latent projection of libidinal energy stemming from self-induced anguish. From this perspective, The SBR likes to seem smarter than it really is. It therefore always amuses me whenever it cracks open a thesaurus, aims for intellectualism, misses, and lands squarely in a puddle of biased frippery. Even The SBR's representatives couldn't deal with the full impact of The SBR's editorials. That's why they created "The SBR-ism," which is just an anti-democratic excuse to impact public policy for years to come. The SBR loves fetishism with the kind of irrational passion normally reserved for professional sports teams. And that's why I say to you: Have courage. Be honest. And supply the missing ingredient that could stop the worldwide slide into teetotalism. That's the patriotic thing to do, and that's the right thing to do.
TL;DR

lulz

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Maybe he's using advanced symbolism.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The what now?

Either way, I think I'm going to go on ahead anyway on read his WoT, Chains is funny when you're not on the burning end of the stick.

Edit: I have not a clue what he said in the opening paragraph.

2nd edit: First sentence of 2nd paragraph is too good. I also love how the entire second paragraph talks about how the SBR is like going to dominate the world if we let them have their way.

3rd edit: 3rd paragraph kind of sounds like us.

4th edit: I stopped reading at the 5th paragraph, I can't take teh lulz anymore. I love how Brawl has been out for 2 years and how some random policeman might lurk the SWF.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
You know that whole part about Xsyven's wrath?
You're pretty **** close to getting Xiivi's instead.
Sonic in Brawl. Surprisingly easy for you guys to mess up.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So Sonic is pretty darn fast in Brawl.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Xiivi... you actually main Sonic? Or do you just like steak?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Anyway, someone should kind of look into

B-air > F-tilt.
B-air > pivot D-tilt.

N-air > d-tilt
N-air > f-tilt

and side-B > footstool off-stage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Anyway, someone should kind of look into

B-air > F-tilt.
B-air > pivot D-tilt.

N-air > d-tilt
N-air > f-tilt

and side-B > footstool off-stage.
I would think the Bair -> Ftilt/dtilt would work at very low percents if done fast enough, especially ftilt. It's fairly easy to chain them if the opponent doesn't react fast enough.

Also, bair with the front of Sonic -> dtilt.

I don't think nair can really chain into anything unless the opponent doesn't react fast enough either. Nair has enough lag time for any character to put up a shield or do a faster attack, and the hitstun from nair is very low at the percents necessary for the tilts to chain into.

Even hitting with the first part is usually not enough, and when they are stunned long enough, the percents make it impossible to really chain to anything.

The sex kick portion of nair has weak stun and knockback. Metaknight's will just dsmash you out of it or something.

SideB -> footstool off stage sounds like pure sex. I gotta experiment with that.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Good call, Tenki. When a moderator threatens to close a thread, you don't just ignore whatever he says. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom