• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
My Sonic is pretty good, but I feel like I've reached a brick wall. I keep looking for ways to change up my game, but I keep failing miserably. D:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hi ummm... Samus person >_>
Why am I a Samus person <_<
So how is everyone else's Sonic playing so far after about 2 months of Brawl
Not that bad actually. But I haven't unlocked him in my new SSBB save data -.-

EDIT: Woot, finally unlocked him :)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Mine's decent. Sonic just isn't very good, no matter how much we want him to be. It's as if we were trying to make pichu top tier in melee, it just can't happen. I love sonic, though, even if he does suck. He is the only reason (along with diddy kong) that I play this game.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
I suck as Sonic, but I can't give him up. It's a super sonic addiction!!!!1111 On that note, anyone have tips for training with the blue hedgehog?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
We can only hope.

I enjoy playing against Snake with Sonic. I don't know why, but I actually do well in this matchup. Not DDD though, **** that fat ****. What the hell can sonic do against him other than get chain grabbed and killed at 80 percent.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I can't. Just whoop his butt. He's too slow to ever catch me. I haven't PLAYED that many but he's just a big, fat, (yet awesome) target. Just go allout aggro. I've had him to 140 in under 10 seconds. Don't air combo him much either. Keep on him with Fairs, Nairs, Dthrows and Bairs. Things that let make him stay low while you rack up damage. Works for me.

I'll have to go to the DDD boards and try to face a good one sometime.

Every character board should have a topic to fight players of that character. Need to start a Fight-a-Sonic thread.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thanks for the tips. However, once you play a good DDD, you will see my dilemma. It's very hard to continuously hit him and once he grabs you, you're screwed. I played Jank's DDD with Sonic a couple weeks ago. He's VERY good and I got my *** handed to me. Good DDD players know how to be extremely cheap and really beat down on Sonic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Anyone think we should have a Sonic discussion thread (moves, tactics, etc), similar to these:

Servants of Evil ~a Ganondorf discussion thread
Scrub-Proof: The Competitive Ike Thread: Take Cover Here!

They're updated fairly often and the users have input on stuff.

This thread is a bit too large to search through and recently is more Social than anything.

I'm kinda leaning towards it, but also kinda.. not, since there are lots of threads where people try to discuss a single move for the whole thread [one was on Spindash Jump/cancelled jump, the other on N-air], and alot of the moves are somewhat covered already.
If I do it, I might leave a topic up, sometimes in groups of moves, and sometimes just a single move for 1-2 days.

Yes? No?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tips. However, once you play a good DDD, you will see my dilemma. It's very hard to continuously hit him and once he grabs you, you're screwed. I played Jank's DDD with Sonic a couple weeks ago. He's VERY good and I got my *** handed to me. Good DDD players know how to be extremely cheap and really beat down on Sonic.
Up-B out of the Chaingrab or YOU WILL DIE.

Geez.

-Ciao

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Glad to see I revived this thread haha

Repryx- you can only up b out of ddd's CG if your opponent is a ****** and using Z to grab. If he is correctly using Shield + A to shield grab he gets more range off each grab and you cannot up b out of this. I was mashing up b for the life of me against Jank's ddd and it didn't do ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom