• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Your time is coming soon, son. Some angry Sonic fanboy is going to notice your comment and douse you in Internet Napalm.

At any rate...back on to the topic at hand.

I like Sonic (though I'm not a drooling, rabid fanboy about 'im my love for the character is deep and reaches back to my early days of childhood). I've played just about every game that has had his name on it at some time or another. Needless to say, I have been very disappointed at all of the 3-D outings that Sonic has had (I'd be here all night telling you about how horrible I think these games are, especially Sonic 3-D Blast).

However, I don't think Sega should just throw in the towel and call it quits on one of their flagship characters. What they should do is take a long, hard look at the past and think about what made Sonic so good in the first place. All this crap that they throw in now seriously dilutes it. "Light Ring Dashes" and "Sonic Whirlwinds" are lame and executed very poorly. Plus, Sonic shouldn't control like a rock when he runs full-on either. Blah, blah...I could go on and on but I don't want to. I just think a fresh dose of nostalgia and reworking is in order. Maybe that'll save him.

As for Sonic being in Brawl, I say "hell yeah." He'd make a great third party addition.

Smooth Criminal
AGREED!!!!!!!

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Sonic seems like a likely choice. Plenty of games to choose from for his move set, as long as no other Sonic characters get in with him(which is next to impossible).

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
anyway, since i cant find where i put my D*MN sonic moveset, i had to make a new one, this one is by far, the best one, lol. joke btw.

anyway, here's my moveset:

GROUND:
A=sonic punch. (sonic battle)
AA=sonic kick. (sonic battle)
AAA=top kick. (sonic battle)
A^=parallel split kick (he splits his legs in a fast motion with one pointing up.)
<A>=spin kick
AV=sweep kick (like c.falcons or anyone else)

smashes:
(note: some of his smashes can do damage while charging, like ness yoyo.)

smash^=spin-dash burst hop in an upwards direction (think bowser's smash up, only spinning)
smash<>=somersault (his b move from sonic adventure 2, which was a 2 hit attack, meaning this can do 2 hits like link's side smash.)
smashV=sonic flare. (heavy attack from sonic battle)

B=sonic wave (he spin dashes in place, causing a sonic wave, toinkz, from sonic battle)
B^=sonic tornado (he jumps a short distance, like 1 foot into the air, and spin jumps in a sideward motion, causing a tornado, which launches him upwards.like the advance technique from sonic heroes )
<B>=light speed dash (instead of needing rings to dash, all you need are enemies, lol.)
BV= spin dash (chargeable. damages enemies on contact while charging.)

Z=he grabs with the magic gloves upgrade from sa2.
ZA= he dribbles the opponent.
Z^=he performs an upwards "soccer kick"
Z>=spnic impact (imagine sonic wave, directed on the enemy, same properties as fox or mewtwo's grabs, where the projectiles from the grab attack actually hurt others)
Z<=donkey kick. (i think it's a dance move where the performer uses his hands for support, while kicking backwards.)
ZV=spin grind. (spin dash on the enemy, multiple hits)

AERIAL:
A=insta-shield. (think about it, it would work)
A^=upwards drill kick (like samus' or sheiks, only this time their is significantly less knockback than samus' but same amount of hits.)
A<=backwards drill kick (same as samus' or sheik's up+a, only this time sideways, and towards the back. same properties as the upwards drill kick.)
A>=windmill kick (his dash attack from sonic battle.)
AV=sonic eagle (pursuit attack from sonic battle)

B= sonic storm (from sonic battle, same as sonic wave, only at a downward trajectory, like a 45 degree angle downwards)
B^=sonic tornado (same as his ground version)
<B>= homing attack (automatically homes in on the nearest enemy, limited homing capability, enemy must be atleast 1 bowser's length away, limited knock-back, unlimited uses.)
BV= bounce attack. (zooms downward and hits the ground, causing him to bounce back up, hence the name. unlimited uses, moderate-less than high lag. can be used as an alternative for the first jump, but lower height than an actual first jump.)

other stuff:

victory theme: the stage clear song from most sonic games.
intro (if those return): flies in with tails on the tornado, and jumps off onto the stage, and says "yeah! time to party!" after landing.
taunt: does the foot-tap thing with the pointed finger waving towards screen saying "too slow!"

items:

(most of this came from someone who posted here sometime ago, credit goes to him.)

rings= heals 1% per ring.
item box/ tv screen thing:
contains one of the following:
1. random item
2. shield
3.rings (random amount)
4. extra stock (get it? extra life? one up? only on stock matches or adventure mode.)

shields:
1.normal=nullifies one hit
2.magnet=attracts rings or items within a certain range, also protects against electric based items and pokemon.
3. fire= can shield against fire based items/pokemon
4.water= protects against ice/water based items and pokemon

springs= can be thrown and attached onto solid objects, but not on other players. can be attached to ledges (lol, WD off the stage facing the edge, attach one and get back, watch the other dude fly away as he tries to come back)
bumpers= same function as springs, but float in a stationary position in the air.

speed shoes= allows for faster movement than bunny band, but not jump height and attack speed. makes the players feet look like sonic's shoes. can be stacked with the bunny band.

invincibility= same as starman, but instead of flashing/blinking, you sparkle.

that's all for now, tell me what you think.

hmmm, do you all think i should copy paste this in this thread every 8-10 pages? you know, just to keep my idea notice able....

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
anyway, since i cant find where i put my D*MN sonic moveset, i had to make a new one, this one is by far, the best one, lol. joke btw.

anyway, here's my moveset:

GROUND:
A=sonic punch. (sonic battle)
AA=sonic kick. (sonic battle)
AAA=top kick. (sonic battle)
A^=parallel split kick (he splits his legs in a fast motion with one pointing up.)
<A>=spin kick
AV=sweep kick (like c.falcons or anyone else)

smashes:
(note: some of his smashes can do damage while charging, like ness yoyo.)

smash^=spin-dash burst hop in an upwards direction (think bowser's smash up, only spinning)
smash<>=somersault (his b move from sonic adventure 2, which was a 2 hit attack, meaning this can do 2 hits like link's side smash.)
smashV=sonic flare. (heavy attack from sonic battle)

B=sonic wave (he spin dashes in place, causing a sonic wave, toinkz, from sonic battle)
B^=sonic tornado (he jumps a short distance, like 1 foot into the air, and spin jumps in a sideward motion, causing a tornado, which launches him upwards.like the advance technique from sonic heroes )
<B>=light speed dash (instead of needing rings to dash, all you need are enemies, lol.)
BV= spin dash (chargeable. damages enemies on contact while charging.)

Z=he grabs with the magic gloves upgrade from sa2.
ZA= he dribbles the opponent.
Z^=he performs an upwards "soccer kick"
Z>=spnic impact (imagine sonic wave, directed on the enemy, same properties as fox or mewtwo's grabs, where the projectiles from the grab attack actually hurt others)
Z<=donkey kick. (i think it's a dance move where the performer uses his hands for support, while kicking backwards.)
ZV=spin grind. (spin dash on the enemy, multiple hits)

AERIAL:
A=insta-shield. (think about it, it would work)
A^=upwards drill kick (like samus' or sheiks, only this time their is significantly less knockback than samus' but same amount of hits.)
A<=backwards drill kick (same as samus' or sheik's up+a, only this time sideways, and towards the back. same properties as the upwards drill kick.)
A>=windmill kick (his dash attack from sonic battle.)
AV=sonic eagle (pursuit attack from sonic battle)

B= sonic storm (from sonic battle, same as sonic wave, only at a downward trajectory, like a 45 degree angle downwards)
B^=sonic tornado (same as his ground version)
<B>= homing attack (automatically homes in on the nearest enemy, limited homing capability, enemy must be atleast 1 bowser's length away, limited knock-back, unlimited uses.)
BV= bounce attack. (zooms downward and hits the ground, causing him to bounce back up, hence the name. unlimited uses, moderate-less than high lag. can be used as an alternative for the first jump, but lower height than an actual first jump.)

other stuff:

victory theme: the stage clear song from most sonic games.
intro (if those return): flies in with tails on the tornado, and jumps off onto the stage, and says "yeah! time to party!" after landing.
taunt: does the foot-tap thing with the pointed finger waving towards screen saying "too slow!"

items:

(most of this came from someone who posted here sometime ago, credit goes to him.)

rings= heals 1% per ring.
item box/ tv screen thing:
contains one of the following:
1. random item
2. shield
3.rings (random amount)
4. extra stock (get it? extra life? one up? only on stock matches or adventure mode.)

shields:
1.normal=nullifies one hit
2.magnet=attracts rings or items within a certain range, also protects against electric based items and pokemon.
3. fire= can shield against fire based items/pokemon
4.water= protects against ice/water based items and pokemon

springs= can be thrown and attached onto solid objects, but not on other players. can be attached to ledges (lol, WD off the stage facing the edge, attach one and get back, watch the other dude fly away as he tries to come back)
bumpers= same function as springs, but float in a stationary position in the air.

speed shoes= allows for faster movement than bunny band, but not jump height and attack speed. makes the players feet look like sonic's shoes. can be stacked with the bunny band.

invincibility= same as starman, but instead of flashing/blinking, you sparkle.

that's all for now, tell me what you think.

hmmm, do you all think i should copy paste this in this thread every 8-10 pages? you know, just to keep my idea notice able....

I like this moveset i can see most of them GOOD JOB

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
I think Sonic himself would be a great character for Brawl. He would probably be lightning fast, quite a lot faster than falcon, even, with weak attacks and recovery.

But I'm getting sick of people saying Shadow, Amy, Silver, Mephiles, Etc should be in the game.
It won't happen, and it shouldn't.

Sonic is probable. Tails, Extremely Doubtful. (Remember, 2-3 3rd party characters, excluding Snake. I doubt they would have two characters from the same company, much less series)

There is absolutely no chance any other characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog series will be playable characters in Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

I suppose Shadow could work as a costume for Sonic, though.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
yeah, all hedgehog characters should be costumes for sonic.
it would work~

darn, i should've put this in my costumes thread...

EdIt~:

i found some (FAKE!) proof/evidence that sonic is in brawl!

look closely at the background... LOL~

pretty good if ya ask me... HAHAHAHAHA! man that was funny~

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
sonic would be an excellent character for brawl, but i think it would be so much funnier if he didn't make it in. mainly because the fanboys will commit mass suicide if sonic doesn't make it

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
im a sonic fan but i wouldnt kill myself if he didnt make it Im also a Metal Gear Solid Fan so snake would be in my favor. Anyone 3rd party really cause im not a huge nintendo fan but i still play alot of the games.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
dont know ran across it from some other forum....hey you know if they are gonna add megaman or geno.....by the way whos geno i read other threads and he was also a very popular 3rd party choice but he was in super mario superstar saga and hes 3rd party is what i heard

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Just hope he won't be as hyped as Sonic...... Mario will have enough friends in this game, so I think no more Mario related characters.... 3rd party to me means having been on all 3 systems but in thier own title. Nintendo makes counsels so why does Square Enix not just give Geno to Nintendo that way hes offical Nintendo.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
But...Tails is Sonic's sidekick, no two ways about it. Adding Knuckles in over Tails (though, let me say now that I don't think we'll get two 3rd party characters from the same series, but it's a nice thought) would be like adding Wario over Luigi in Melee.

Plus, what kind of idiot uses LEGO blocks as shoelaces?
As much as I love Knuckles, Mendez, that comment is so true.

Smooth Criminal

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
the problem is, geno is not being used by square... in any of their games. they just leave him to rot, like the living puppet he is.
since squares not doing anything with him, i say nintendo should do something...
I mean if nintendo had him he wouldnt have to take up a 3rd party slot in case he had got more popular by then. But i highly doubt he will get any closer to a 3rd party slot than Sonic and Megaman, or whoever they are requesting.

Otaku66

Smash Rookie
I think Sonic would be a great addition to Brawl and is one of the more wanted characters to make an appearance.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
OK lets just put it like this there will not be another SSB for a while so nintendo is going to be forced to put sonic in. At this point its definent that sonic will be included!!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Not to mention if he's not in then there will be ALOT of people after blood. I don't want to assume Sonic is in just in case he isn't, but I'd also like to think that he has a good chance of being in.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I see sonic making it in........when you make me think about it......yes people will be mad.....lots and lots of them......I think SEGA and Nintendo can both agree that Sonic can be in Smash......I don't know many reasons why he shouldn't make it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom