• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCrash

Smash Rookie
I see sonic making it in........when you make me think about it......yes people will be mad.....lots and lots of them......I think SEGA and Nintendo can both agree that Sonic can be in Smash......I don't know many reasons why he shouldn't make it.......
I agree,Sonic Should be in Brawl because well he is blue and cool besides..I prefer Sonic Over Geno.

I swear if tingle gets in and not sonic I'm killing someone >_>

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I have a feeling they won't do anything that isnt requested by most of us.....No one wants to see some suck fest of a character replace what could be a really great character.......I definitely prefer Sonic over Geno any time and over any third party character to make the cut.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Wanna keep the topic alive before its outcasted with the over run of "Is Tetris Block gonna be in smash" like threads. So who here has heard any news on Mario and Sonic go to the Olympic games, or possibly any clearer evidence of SEGA and Nintendo make a brothership as to say.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Geno, is my most wanted 3rd party character.

Sakurai is intrigued by Geno (look at Neito's thread.) Plus, a lot of people like him.

Sakurai has not went to SEGA (that we know of yet. No, they haven't SEGA has even said so.) Yet he is the most wanted 3rd party character.

So, i think, the two most logical 3rd party characters are Geno (because of Sakurai) and Sonic (because of us.)

Of course, the Megaman and Bomberman fans will get mad, but no matter how you slice it, somebody's pissed. And, if i had to choose, it would be Geno and Sonic because of the reasons stated above. Overall, they have the best chance to be in.

To back up the fact Geno has a better chance then Megaman/Bomberman, you see, Sakurai likes Geno. What Sakurai wants, is what Sakurai gets, so you can't really compete with him. Hey, there's always the other slot, but, the only thing the two men have riding for them is popularity, and Sonic has topped every candidate for that.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I didn't know much about Geno but your statement about him being intrigued by Sakurai increases my belief in Geno making an appearance. Overrall I can't see Megaman anymore because after realizing that Samus is almost an exact clone ,but better. So overall I see only the characters with the most popularity making the cut. Mainly because Sakurai would hate to disappoint us, but no matter how you draw the cards, someone WILL be disappointed. The thousands of people who want Sonic seems over the amount of Megeman. SEGA pretty much needs to go with this. They've been making a mockery of Sonic ever since Next-Gen Sonic came into the gaming world, even so Sonic still remains popular. Sonic being the mascot for a whole corporation is tough. So if SEGA knows anything they'll do what Kojima did and "beg." Get Sonic back out there. As for Geno if he is as popular as you say he is to gamers and Sakurai, that will put him in a place for Brawl.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I think it would be cool if for Sonic's A attacks he kind of had a sort of breakdance style of fighting. It would go well with his character's attitude and he already displayed this style in Sonic Battle.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Try not to double post you can get warning which will lead to getting deleted!!

Go ahead and make a moveset, it would be interesting to read k!llsw!tch

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Sonic The Hedgehog Moveset...Ok some of this is old preety much when I joined the forums, but I kept the paper.

A Moves
A(once) Sonic Punches about 2% damage.
A(twice) Sonic punches again.
A (repeated) Sonic does repeated kicks.
A while running- Sonic does a quick dash that is easy to recover. (haven't worked it out yet)

B moves
B- Spindash like Yoshi's B> capable of charging it when slowed down.
B<>- Sonic does like Fox's B<> and dashes, Sonic leaves a trail of rings that fade out.
Sonic can also do a flying kick. He would rotate in circles with his foot in the air.
Bdown- Sonic spindashes in place making waves of sound or something to bounce off the
ground and hit whos close.

Smash Moves
A<>- Sonic Spindashes in the direction but comes back like a Yoyo.
A ^- Sonic Does a backflip kick
A down- Sonic does a breakdance kick

Arial attacks
A- Spins in air
A<- Jumps backwards spikes first
A>- Puts his foot out like Link's arial A

Grabs
A- punches you
> throws you forward kicks you
< throws you and jumps on you with spikes
down- throws down spindashes on top
^- Throws you up, does a chaos control like move and hits you in the air

Taunts
Waves his finger (classic sonic)
Does a breakdance type thing (sonic battle)

Final Smash
- Sonic goes Super Sonic. Or the ever so familar springs light up the stage and he goes bouncing around hitting all his targets.

-Notes
-Sonic is a hit and run type character. He's faster than anyone else. Not as powerful as Falcon, generally the same strength of Fox.
-Possibly a Med- Tier

ect ect..........this moveset is old as I mentioned so don't flame please

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Hey found out some news that probably help about our blue blur in Brawl. Yes you are probably gonna think this is stupid, but the update on Smashbros.com about Fox says that fox is one of THE MANY speed characters, this made me think that Captain Falcon (coming back) and Sonic will be in brawl. If you think I'm stupid with this please don't flame. I'm just looking for anything that says "Sonic in Brawl"

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Nope only Sonic will make it if any SEGA character. One reason is Sakurai only wants 1-2 3rd party characters excluding Snake. Sonic is the most requested 3rd party character and I think Geno or Megaman are in second.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Why would Silver make it in. If there were more than one Sonic character, it would be either tails or knuckes. Silver isn't even significant to the series. Shadow would be in over him. Hell, even Amy would.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
You know what I'm so lost. I was reading info about Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games. The statements say that this provides neutral ground for both characters. Is this game gonna be what we see instead of Sonic in Brawl. Or is it like an agreement between SEGA and Nintendo. Is SEGA and Nintendo agreeing on working together on just making Mario vs Sonic games, but not in Brawl. It has me questioned on is this a whole bunch of secrets to throw us off, so SEGA and Nintendo don't feel like they've exposed any secret characters. I think they are hiding it from us but have done a poor job on it so they used Mike Hayes (president and COO of SEGA Europe) to tell us all these things. Well heres the interview I had read.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/776/776878p1.html

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
It's not that cool...just an image cropped from the 360 Sonic and pasted over some screenie of Brawl. If we see Sonic in a trailer, rest assured he'll have a much flashier entrance.

k!llsw!tch: I'm on the fence about Olympic Games. It does seem like it could be the excuse for not having him appear in Brawl...and that's what I personally think about it; that it'd be sort of redundant to feature this monumental rivalry in two games at the same time. But then, maybe they've just decided to go all out as long as they're finally doing what we've wanted to see for such a long time.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I will be very dissapointed in SEGA if they do not put him in this game, mainly because they had put up a very valuable chance to increase Sonic's popularity. Non-Gamers who will play brawl and have Sonic in it and use him will probably think "Wow this guy is good" and SEGA will no doubt disappoint hundreds of there fans and maybe lose some. I hope SEGA isn't thinking "O No All these Nintendo people beating Sonic up" That is no excuse many people didn't but the game to beat on Sonic. personally I don't give a care about Sonic and Mario rivalry. That was years ago and doesn't exist much. As many of you can tell I want Sonic in this game because I found his games fun and great when I wasn't playing Metal Gear or Mario. I really hope SEGA and Nintendo are keeping him a secret though, that one statment about The Olympics being the excuse made me worry. As many of you said Olympics WILL NOT cut it. Some people (like me) don't care about the rivalry but more on just playing a game with 2 of the greatest chracters in it. I've even seen people protest on buying anymore SEGA games if Sonic's not in brawl, some are just that serious. So going all out as you said Mendez is the most intellegent choice.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Hey, as long as he supports Sonic being in Brawl, I honestly don't care what he DOES to the hedgehog once he's in lol

@dynamic_entry- That's one sexy sig

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
At least it'll be a 3rd party character. If it's not Sonic then, his chances will be that much lower.

Also, don't think we'll only see one new character (Sonic or no). The game should be playable by then, and I'm sure all the starter fighters will be present.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Can you imagine the squeals of amazement that'll be heard from the Nintendo E3 press conference if they reveal Sonic as a SSBB character in a trailer?
I'd quite like Sonic in Brawl. He has the history, the moves and the popularity, and also he'd shift copies like no tommorrow and both Nintendo and Sega know it. But of course, they both may want to save Mario and Sonics first appearance in a game together until M&S and the Olympics, therefore they may keep Sonic out of Brawl and put in another Sega character (such as NiGHTS)
But Sonic does look very likely in my book. I won't cry over spilt milk if he ain't, but if he is, well this game will just keep looking better and better.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
If Sonic gets revealed in a trailer then I will find it somewhere and watch it over and over until my eyes turn to dust and fall out of my head. It would just be that awesome.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
That want I want to hope for, all the good characters you can shove in one game would be great. I already think Snake had made some people happy or more hyped. This is a great series and nothing can make this game better then to put all you got into it. In my opinion Sonic will make me want the game 3 times then I want it now.

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see Sonic in brawl just for the small chance of seeing a stage based on the Green Hill Zone (1st stage in the 1st game). Specifically, I'd like to hear what that list of composers could do to that stage's music. Truly one of my favorite video game tunes.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
There's undoubtedly a lot of old Sega fans who would like to pick Sonic and kick everyone else's ***** with him, aside from everyone thinking it's the vice versa

Zabutur

Smash Apprentice
Sonic just doesn't seemto fit. nonetheless, he'd be better than Megaman.
that aside, I never looked at the Mario&Sonic Olympic games that way. let's hope it comes true.

I still plan to get both of those.
it's not that I'm anti-Sonic, I'm anti-Sonic-in-Brawl. that's all.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Hey news, Sonic RPG

http://ds.ign.com/articles/798/798275p1.html

It's for the DS, seems like Nintendo and SEGA are getting along really well lately.

Remind you of Mario RPG.....now both have an RPG

Hey Bioware is making it, and by this article they are one of the "hottest names in RPGs" I don't play many RPGs so I wouldn't know.

Sonic's chances seem better everytime I see Nintendo and SEGA agree on something.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
That news is anything but great, as a Sonic RPG undoubetdly mean a gathering of all the stupid people in the Sonic universe (e.g. everyone but Sonic). Bioware's also a strange choice for a developer...but they do make excellent games, so it could go either way.

But for right now, the term "Sonic RPG" means mothing but despair.

As far as this affecting Sonic's Brawl chances, I don't see the connection. It's not like SEGA's never put a Sonic game on the DS before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom