• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
nice picture how did you get it?

who made it?

:laugh:

seriously i enjoyed it though i do wish they have sonic & tails in the game

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
The pic was made by me, although the idea is not mine.
Sonic fits the art style, he can kick, he can punch, he has unique moves and lots of fans want him. At this point I'd say he's a shoe-in.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Great picture Starship! Maybe a litle too good...Great.Now if Sonic isn't in the game I'm holding you accountable :laugh:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Wow! That picture is cool!
If i didn't know any better, it looks like a picture confirming Sonic is in!

Also, is that Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog 2006? After all this IS a hoax right?:chuckle:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Oh Also i want to add this little short fiction to write to show what will happen if he is NOT in.

Message for Nintendo & HAL Labs
"I am sorry, i could not get Sonic in the game"(On the website

10 min later...
"Mr. Sakauri, there is something you need to see"
"What is it?"
His employee opens the window & they see a huge crowd of people with pitchforks & torches & more.:chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw:
"Oh my God!:freak:"

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^^ A lot of people will be disappointed. I don't think they will tell us things about Sonic in brawl if they didn't want him in. Thats more than likely gonna happen though. I would hate if he didn't show up because constant Nintenboys will run me over with constant "Ha he's not in" or "Ha you suck" or something really unnecessary.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
The way I see it Sonic is as much a part of Nintendo's history as many of their other characters. It was Sonic and Mario's epic struggle for supremacy in the nineties that epitomised the Nintendo vs Sega war (and as you can see by the anti Sonic brigade the fallout hasn't truly settled), and since Sega went software only there have been (does a quick count) around 13 games on Nintendo consoles. That's better than Pitt, who is Nintendo owned but hasn't been in a game for almost two decades.
I've owned every Nintendo console since the SNES and lived through the Sega/Nintendo War, and I would quite like to see Sonic in Brawl. I've always enjoyed his games and he would increase the profile of Brawl in the public eye (even more than it is now). His recent form has been lacking granted, but its who he is and what he stands for that would get him in.
And lets face it, you won't see Mario repeatedly punching Sonic in the face (or the other way round if you're that way inclined) in 'M&S at the Olympics' will you?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Sonic appearing in a DS rpg,Sonicappearing in a Wii olympics game with Mario.I think there's only one more viable option left...

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Sonic appearing in a DS rpg,Sonicappearing in a Wii olympics game with Mario.I think there's only one more viable option left...
Make a Shadow FPS, with 304329840 new characters!!!!1!11

That would be the case, knowing SEGA's current logic.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
^^ Are you kidding me? Whoever would waste time on making and or playing a game like that would be a huge idiot.No one would be stupid enough to do that.Oh wait... :cry:

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
^^ Are you kidding me? Whoever would waste time on making and or playing a game like that would be a huge idiot.No one would be stupid enough to do that.Oh wait... :cry:
Probably only the people who (God forbid) enjoyed the first Shadow game, lol.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
The worst case scenario would be them bringing in Silver.Worst character ever! Two hedgehogs was enough,and Shadow was cool in SA2,but Silver...augh!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Well,I think that there are some characters that never should have been,period.The Sonic universe could have been fine without them but they just take up space in some cases.Speaking of which,I own a Wii not a 360,so at the end of Sonic 360,
when Blaze sacrifices herself,does Silver live on or what?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Well,I think that there are some characters that never should have been,period.The Sonic universe could have been fine without them but they just take up space in some cases.Speaking of which,I own a Wii not a 360,so at the end of Sonic 360,when Blaze sacrifices herself,does Silver live on or what?
You should use a spoiler tag methinks. ANYWAY,
Blaze didn't sacrifice herself, but sealed herself in another dimension so the Iblis wouldn't wreak havoc when released. Yes, Silver still existed in his dimension.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Ok,tags added.But I would much rather have Blaze the cat in Brawl rather than Silver.Silver seems to me like he would be a Mewtwo sort of fighter.:ohwell:

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
A recent update on smashbros had me thinking..... Does the statement below mean anything for Sonic. It made me think SEGA replaced Sonic as a playable character, to a d*** assist trophy. What does he mean by dedicated fans....just fans of Nintendo made games right. This would make me a little disappointed, but I have no idea what SEGA and Nintendo have in mind after I read it.

"Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them."

JPW

Smash Ace
Sonic should be a fighter. He needs to join the roster. Sega wouldn't take it for assist, and not many fans would either. They have to make him part of the roster.

In my view Tails is a better shot for an assist then Sonic right now.

If Sonic is an assist i'll flip, and i'm pretty sure I wont be the only one.

He's an official mascot and Sega's pride and joy. He deserves better. Especially if Snake is a character. Sonic has a much larger fanbase from the old days, and it be horrible marketing if Sonic went the way of the assist.

kaid

Smash Master
...I could just see, that Sonic picks up a AT, picking from a different list than the nintendo characters. Tails/shadow/Nights would only appear when sonic used an AT.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i love the speculation of iconic third party characters like Geno, Megaman, and now Sonic are getting for AT status. but here's the thing. for one thing, third party developers aren't going to give Sakurai their characters unless their main man is playable in some way. Shadow as an AT, yes. Sonic, no. it would be a waste to give the title character only small status in smash. my prediction, characters like Geno, Megaman, Sonic, Snake, you get the point are playable characters, but secondary characters in their series are AT. Tails is AT. Knuckles is AT. Mallow is AT. Gray Fox is AT. but the leading man, PLAYABLE!

SonicMario

Smash Master
I know every body knows what they'll do if Sonic is confirmed.

Everybody what would be your reaction if Sonic were to be announced (As a PLAYABLE Character, Not AT) right on the front page of the Smash Bros. Dojo.?

I know most people will be saying they will try to do backflips only to fail miserably:dizzy:
I Wish i could do a backflip, but i'd rather go the highest point and say "YES! SONIC IS IN BRAWL!!!":grin:

I also hope Tails and/or Knuckles become ATs. Tails could use his machines like the Tornado 2 and be shooting everyone except the one who summoned him. And for Knuckles he may go around doing his trademark punches.

But one more baffling question, if Sonic is in. How would his voice be done? (The japanese voice actor, or the Sonic X voice. Unless it is different in both versions, though i can't imagine them putting THAT much work on a newcomer)

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I know every body knows what they'll do if Sonic is confirmed.

Everybody what would be your reaction if Sonic were to be announced (As a PLAYABLE Character, Not AT) right on the front page of the Smash Bros. Dojo.?

I know most people will be saying they will try to do backflips only to fail miserably:dizzy:
I Wish i could do a backflip, but i'd rather go the highest point and say "YES! SONIC IS IN BRAWL!!!":grin:

I also hope Tails and/or Knuckles become ATs. Tails could use his machines like the Tornado 2 and be shooting everyone except the one who summoned him. And for Knuckles he may go around doing his trademark punches.

But one more baffling question, if Sonic is in. How would his voice be done? (The japanese voice actor, or the Sonic X voice. Unless it is different in both versions, though i can't imagine them putting THAT much work on a newcomer)
What would I do? Well... I'd need to change my sig, first of all. I'd call all my friends who are waiting for this game to tell them the news, then just spend the rest of the day oddly happy.

That, or cheer like a total ******bag.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Being my 2nd favorite video game hero (behind Mario) the idea of Sonic in not only a good fighting game but my favorite game series ever, fighting alongside Mario (or against him) is a thought that tickles my fancy more than you can imagine. He’d obviously be fast as all get out (probably pretty light, too), and he has a good chunk of abilities to be converted into Smash attacks. I’m really pushing for him to get in, and after this Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games business, if he doesn’t make it into Brawl, I will actually be angry that both companies passed up such a good opportunity.

Chaotix27

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna guess that at least 20 people have said this already, but I really didn't feel like reading all 98 pages of this thread to make sure. Anyway, if Sonic does get in, his final smash should be a Super Sonic transformation. If Bowser gets Giga Bowser, Sonic has to get Super Sonic! This would probably make him faster and allow him to fly (turning every A attack into an aerial move as well). I don't think it should make him invincible, too, but he would take less damage and get upgraded B attacks.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I want Sonic to be in Brawl, who doesn't like him, I mean, come on?

But I kind of sort of have a brilliant idea for him, if I do say so myself.
If the metal box is still an item, Sonic will turn into Metal Sonic when he gets it.
I just think that would be awesome.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I want Sonic to be in Brawl, who doesn't like him, I mean, come on?

But I kind of sort of have a brilliant idea for him, if I do say so myself.
If the metal box is still an item, Sonic will turn into Metal Sonic when he gets it.
I just think that would be awesome.
It wont happen though (metal box I mean).

Sonic is either going to be in the game or not.Simple as that.I read somewhere that Nintendo has to pay for 3rd party characters,so he's either in or not by now.PleaseSakurai,PLEASE!! :cry:

skullkidd

Smash Ace
It wont happen though (metal box I mean).

Sonic is either going to be in the game or not.Simple as that.I read somewhere that Nintendo has to pay for 3rd party characters,so he's either in or not by now.PleaseSakurai,PLEASE!! :cry:
Your probobly right, too bad.

Does anyone know the standing on the game.
Like, are they basically finished and just tweaking? or are characters still being added?
Are they just making us wait in agony and hopefulness?!?!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Well I remember reading that Sakurai said he was confident enough to release it upon the Wii release but kept it back because he wanted to do some tweaking.So if anything they're just doing overview checking.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well Starfy, Ray, Poo, seem pretty sub par to me. Back on topic, Sonic's done a lot for Nintendo's history after the death of the Dreamcast, Sonic has made Nintendo some money so to return the favor Nintendo should pay for Sonic in this game, well if Sakurai didn't know what to do by now, he should of never told us about how close Sonic is to being in this game.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Skullkidd, i think Sonic will probably be silver just like the rest (IF the metal box returns and if Sonic is in).

I hope that one day i won't have to say "if sonic is in brawl" i wish to change that "if" to nothing, making it "Sonic is in Brawl".

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Truly, Mario vs. Sonic will be the battle everyone whats to see. If the blue boy is in there as I unlock him I'm not even going to play with him I'm going to set him and Mario in computer mode,put them both on Level 9(or whatever the highest level will be now),set them on the Final Destination stage,sit back and relax,and enjoy the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom