• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Sonic sucks. He shouldn't even be in Brawl...
First of all, what is he going to do? Run away? lol
Mario >>>>>> Sonic
Mario is a pimp that saves princesses while Sonic is a hippie that saves animals
No rings in Brawl = Sonic dies with one hit
what? don't tell me that you want Eggman in there also!!!
Finally, Sonic isn't even a hedgehog... he's actually a cheetah in blue velcro suit

P.S.: Sonic fans don't take this post seriously

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Ok read before the thread, theres movesets posted all over this site for Sonic.
If Sonic sucked than how is it that hes most requested 3rd party to show up in this game.
I'm not taking it serious, but your wrong. The ring thing makes no sense because Mario needs a Mushroom to live none of those and he dies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ugh, just ignore the guy. He's clearly an idiot with nothing better to do than bump a thread for a character he hates with spam.

k!llsw!tch said:
Just a thought.....
Even so...I still don't think it affects him on the level of the Olympuc Games announcement. Or at all, for that matter.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Well, I looked at the moveset on the front page of this topic and I realized, there would be better choices for his special moveset.

B: Spindash: (from all sonic games from sonic 2 to present) same as jiggly's rollout, except he can jump during the spindash. More power then Rollout but much less knockback.
Damge count: fully charged %25
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B smash: Homing attack: (from all sonic 3D games) sonic rolls up in a ball and homes in on the person closest to him, it won't work if he's far away from them, if sucesessfull, he can keep an enemy in a combo of 3 homing attacks.
Damage count: one homing attack: %3-7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B up: Sonic wind: Sonic rolls up into a ball(again) and creates a small tornado(just like sonic heroes) it can twirl aronud enemies it they get stuck in it. though it doesn't do to much damage.
Damage count:%7-12
B down:ball bounce : sonic jumps in the as a ball and bounces off the ground(from sonic adventure 2), he can use it repeatedly, but it's easy to hit him, when he's in this attack, a simple aerial will snap him out of it.
: Damage count: one bounce:%5-8

what 'cha think of it?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
This will be such a let down if Sonic isn't in brawl.He's one of,if not,the most sensical character to be included.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Well I'm gonna post an important question...

How fast should Sonic be???

Should he clearly be the fastest runner in the game? (Sonic > Falcon) But come to think of this, that would be really fast...

Or just tied for best runner? (Sonic = Falcon)

I'd say he'd should about the same speed as Fox/Falcon, or else he would be way too fast...

I mean, Mario is known for his legendary jumping, and Falco jumps higher than him lolz

To Blackblaze: I like ur movesetz.

EDIT:

To Chief Mendez: Actually I'm known to be good poster on these boards... but I'm also known to be a troll in some threads where the average IQ is lower. Too bad you hurt the average by alot.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm new here but....

I support Sonic 100%. I've seen 2 sites that believe that Sonic is in. The 1st one was Pro-G & the other one was Gaming Target. Gaming Target in general guessed that Sonic is to be announced on E3 07. And hey for any Sonic haters out here, if you hate him so much & he happens to be in. Then for all i care you can beat him to a pulp! I won't be there watching. But any hatred of Sonic i will ignore.

And by the way. I like the movesets, but where is the Final Smash?. My only suggestion for one is Sonic transforms into Super Sonic and either dashes everywhere hitting everyone in his path or he could be doing a large energy attack that is hard to avoid.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
At least you support SonicMario, also my final smash for Sonic was the springs cover the field and he bounces all over, but Super Sonic is probably what it will be. I'm really hoping they will just spill it at E3 because most of us wanna know or already have made conclusions.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Don't you guys get it? Nintendo won't tell us becuase they want it to be a suprise, plus alot more sonic fans/haters will still buy it, because they won't know if he is unlocked. Some extreeme sonic haters go "if sonic in it I won't buy the game" and the extreemist sonic fanboy's will go "He's not in, .... I'm not buying this game*goes home and cuts self to sleep*. Like I said there are a good amount of people who won't buy it if they know he's in/not. It's best to just keep him as a suprise will also benefit the game even if he's not in."OMG I'm gonna unlock Sonic!", and after about 4 months" sniff they didn't include him ;.;" seems like a horrible thing that nintendo'd do, but it's practical.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Don't you guys get it? Nintendo won't tell us becuase they want it to be a suprise, plus alot more sonic fans/haters will still buy it, because they won't know if he is unlocked. Some extreeme sonic haters go "if sonic in it I won't buy the game" and the extreemist sonic fanboy's will go "He's not in, .... I'm not buying this game*goes home and cuts self to sleep*. Like I said there are a good amount of people who won't buy it if they know he's in/not. It's best to just keep him as a suprise will also benefit the game even if he's not in."OMG I'm gonna unlock Sonic!", and after about 4 months" sniff they didn't include him ;.;" seems like a horrible thing that nintendo'd do, but it's practical.
I see, still hard to believe people stoop that low about sonic appearing in brawl. Nintendo has never disappointed me.......yet. It won't be their fault if he's not in though.

^^ Rileyzor you seem to dislike Sonic, just don't cut your self if he shows up. Theres enough of those.

Rileyzor

Smash Cadet
Trust me, I think as long as Geno isnt in it, I think I'll be fine.
There are a lot of others that could be in that im happy about though =]

Rileyzor

Smash Cadet
Lol, nah, pacman would be invincable when you get his final smash, and useless any time else =P and about chuck norris....
No.

EDIT: i guess everyone is invincable when you get the final smash =P

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
It's really like that? People won't buy the game if Sonic is in it? That's kind of pathetic if you think about it, hate on everyone else in the game because one character you don't like is in it. I don't like Pichu, but that didn't stop me from getting Melee. Besides, Sonic is a large figure in gaming history, he should be in Brawl because of that, alone. We need to see Mario and Sonic fight. If you don't like Sonic, just pick Mario and kick his ***. That's the beauty of Smash.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
It's really like that? People won't buy the game if Sonic is in it? That's kind of pathetic if you think about it, hate on everyone else in the game because one character you don't like is in it. I don't like Pichu, but that didn't stop me from getting Melee. Besides, Sonic is a large figure in gaming history, he should be in Brawl because of that, alone. We need to see Mario and Sonic fight. If you don't like Sonic, just pick Mario and kick his ***. That's the beauty of Smash.
Exactly, if there's a char in the game which you don't like why should it stop you from getting the game? Just don't play with him or kick his f*cking *ss!

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
There's been a couple sonic threads, but nothing's linked in the sticky, so here's an official one.

Sonic has been Mario's archrival for decades, and Mario vs Sonic has been the subject of endless speculation, flash animation, and even poetry.

Sega and nintendo have been on good terms since the Dreamcast was defeated by Sony, and the creater of sonic (forgot his name right now) has been quoted saying he would like it if Sonic and Mario were in a game together. Considering the door to 3rd parties has been opened by Snake, who's creator "begged" for him to be put in Melee, Sonic's towering reputation and fanbase makes his inclusion almost a given.

Some here have said they don't want sonic because they feel he would have similar moves as Jigglypuff. These people have obviously only ever seen the Spindash, and not any of the countless othe moves he's had in his games.

I have taken the time to assemble a complete moveset to show these people how wrong they are.
Check it kaid!
I agree that Sonic would be an awesome contribution 2 Brawl.
Heck, if Snake can be in it, y not Sonic?
BUT! I'll tell who would be just as good in Brawl, if Sonic can't make the cut...
Shadow!!!
Comment if u agree, peeps.:cool:
The name is Kakashi-dono.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Exactly, if there's a char in the game which you don't like why should it stop you from getting the game? Just don't play with him or kick his f*cking *ss!
I get so tired of telling people that. Some people are too much of Nintendo fanboys they don't wanna see Sonic anywhere near smash. They don't look on all sides of it instead they rush to say "Sonic sux" "No Sonic!!!!111" it's ridiculous because the school yard rivalry seems out dated now. I can't wait to play all the Sonic haters online with Sonic and kick thier a**.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
Check it kaid!
I agree that Sonic would be an awesome contribution 2 Brawl.
Heck, if Snake can be in it, y not Sonic?
BUT! I'll tell who would be just as good in Brawl, if Sonic can't make the cut...
Shadow!!!
Comment if u agree, peeps.:cool:
The name is Kakashi-dono.
Shadow? No way, he's crap. I think Sonic should be it's Mario's biggest rival.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
By the way who else can be Mario's rival besides Sonic, Master Chief seems like the only logical character I can think of that actually competes to Mario in the business world.

kaid

Smash Master
By the way who else can be Mario's rival besides Sonic, Master Chief seems like the only logical character I can think of that actually competes to Mario in the business world.
With the rule that the character had to have appeared on a nintendo console, Master Chief can't make it until they un-cancel that Halo DS game they started.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well with that post I didn't mean which character could show up in smash that was a rival, but who overall is another rival for Mario (not meaning for brawl)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
They wouldn't put in Master cheif. The Japanese don't give a **** about such an unimaginative character. He is a dude in armor that fights with guns. Wooooow...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I will be shocked if Sonic doesn't make an appearence.He is the most logical choice.Snake was a pretty pleasant,out-there surprise,but I think that if any third party characters are expected,it's Sonic now.

SonicMario

Smash Master
To Kaid: there was gonna be a Halo DS Game? :confused:

Real message: I'm pondering something, if Sonic Is in Brawl. And there are still trophies, what info would it say on his trophy besides his 1st game? (a la Sonic the Hedgehog (1991, Genesis))

For a little extra, i'd put: Sonic is a blue speedy hedeghog that hails from the planet of Mobius, Sonic would become one of the most popular game franchises in gaming history. In fact in much of the 16-bit era, he rivaled even Mario's popularity. Eventually Sonic & Mario's big rivalry ended in 2001 when one of his games was put on the GameCube. Sonic's speed is his main claim to fame, and will help any player looking for a quick dodge.

Info Below: 1st game: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega Genesis, June 23 1991

It is not the best trophy description, but it is the best i can think of so far. I'm not completely saying he IS in or if we will have trophies again. But just imagining which in my hope is true.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I will be shocked if Sonic doesn't make an appearence.He is the most logical choice.Snake was a pretty pleasant,out-there surprise,but I think that if any third party characters are expected,it's Sonic now.
There is no way SEGA could possibly say no. Snake made it so why not Sonic. What other 3rd party could replace Sonic.

And SonicMario that description sounds great.

SonicMario

Smash Master
To k!llsw!tch: You really think so? I'm flattered:)

Okay i have SO MANY questions and comments that might be considered big for one post but here it goes. (And remember these are questions saying that IF he is in, i am not particulary saying Sonic is in. At least not yet... ;))

what do you think about possible Sonic items? Like the speed shoes making you as fast as the Bunny Hood. (Well except i can't imagine Sonic with that:dizzy:) .

How would Kirby look also? Would he just have Sonic's blue spikes on the back? or would it also include the nose?

For stages, i hope they include Green Hill Zone. Complete with the actu al music or a remix of it. (Also whatever his home stage is should be big, to Sonic's speed advantage)

Also his victory music should be a remix of the win a level chime of Sonic the Hedgehog for the genesis.

How should he be unlocked if he is a unlockable character? Most people are saying he should be unlocked with Mario, others say a time challenge, and even more say a combination of both. I say you should beat Mario's classic and/or adventure (if they are both in) in a certain time limit at hopefully any difficulty.

If adventure mode is still there, should Sonic be an optional boss somewhere after unlocking him?

Hopefully everyone has the attention span to read all these:ohwell:

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
To k!llsw!tch: You really think so? I'm flattered:)

Okay i have SO MANY questions and comments that might be considered big for one post but here it goes. (And remember these are questions saying that IF he is in, i am not particulary saying Sonic is in. At least not yet... ;))

what do you think about possible Sonic items? Like the speed shoes making you as fast as the Bunny Hood. (Well except i can't imagine Sonic with that:dizzy:) .

How would Kirby look also? Would he just have Sonic's blue spikes on the back? or would it also include the nose?

For stages, i hope they include Green Hill Zone. Complete with the actu al music or a remix of it. (Also whatever his home stage is should be big, to Sonic's speed advantage)

Also his victory music should be a remix of the win a level chime of Sonic the Hedgehog for the genesis.

How should he be unlocked if he is a unlockable character? Most people are saying he should be unlocked with Mario, others say a time challenge, and even more say a combination of both. I say you should beat Mario's classic and/or adventure (if they are both in) in a certain time limit at hopefully any difficulty.

If adventure mode is still there, should Sonic be an optional boss somewhere after unlocking him?

Hopefully everyone has the attention span to read all these:ohwell:

Item- The speed shoes could be a replacement for the bunny hood, so what you said is good. Maybe the ring magnet as a reflector, though it doesn't do that it's the only thing I can think of.

Kirby's Sonic should be the one we see most around the simple spikes and ears, but I don't think they will change Kirby's face.

Sonic should be unlocked by Mario it kinda makes sense going back to their history. I don't really know how else he could be unlocked, maybe through an event (if they return) or Cruel Melee lol

For a stage please include Green Hill Zone or Maybe one of Sonic's icy levels from SA 1, 2, and 3. The music for those levels were pretty good.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I won't say I won't buy the game, I love SSB and I'll love Brawl, no matter who gets in or doesn't, but, it will give a huge bad aftertaste if I find out he's in. And yes Snoic is a large figure in gaming history, I remember clearly how my little brother and me had fights with Sega people all the time. against him and how Sega tried to take-over. If Sonic was loved even more back then, we wouldn't have any SSB now.

And yes, if he gets in, I would like to kick his behind, but there is one mayor problem: in 1-player modes, you need to complete the modes with every character to unlock stuff, that means Nintendo would force their fans to play with their rival, I mean, it's like releasing a new Media player just for Linux, or Halo as a Playstation exclusive.

Item- The speed shoes could be a replacement for the bunny hood, so what you said is good.
No, that would be horrible, replacing a LoZ item with a Sonic one... I know you probably like Sonic better then Link, Zelda even Mario, but then don't buy a Wii, leave it for people who make use of it.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^ how would that be horrible, and Link was my main in Melee so don't jump to conclusions. Your saying I'm a huge SEGA fan, well your wrong, I support all systems, but I'm not a Nintendo fan that is overly obsessed with only allowing Nintendo characters in this game after I saw Snake. I can make use of a Wii and still play Sonic so your wrong there too. My statement doesn't even offense the LoZ series at all. Kind off slow.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
How about a chaos emerald for an item that if you get it your attacks temprarily increases

and how about if sonic (if hes in) final smash is where he turns into super sonic for a short amount of time? Just an idea

i really hope he's in even if he doesn't have the predicted moves.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I won't say I won't buy the game, I love SSB and I'll love Brawl, no matter who gets in or doesn't, but, it will give a huge bad aftertaste if I find out he's in. And yes Snoic is a large figure in gaming history, I remember clearly how my little brother and me had fights with Sega people all the time. against him and how Sega tried to take-over. If Sonic was loved even more back then, we wouldn't have any SSB now.

And yes, if he gets in, I would like to kick his behind, but there is one mayor problem: in 1-player modes, you need to complete the modes with every character to unlock stuff, that means Nintendo would force their fans to play with their rival, I mean, it's like releasing a new Media player just for Linux, or Halo as a Playstation exclusive.

No, that would be horrible, replacing a LoZ item with a Sonic one... I know you probably like Sonic better then Link, Zelda even Mario, but then don't buy a Wii, leave it for people who make use of it.
Seriously, grow up. Telling them that they shouldn't buy/play Wiis because they like a character you don't? Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but insulting someone because of theirs isn't the way to go.

And when Sonic IS released as a new character, I'm gonna message you asking what that "bad aftertaste" is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom