• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
I still find it ridiculous to be jumping to conclusions over minor possibilities like this. What we know is that Nintendo was interested in having Sonic in Brawl. What kind of events would have to take place in order for SEGA to say no and then Nintendo saying that they can feel free to have their way with Mario in a sports title anyway?

Remember that Nintendo's money is not SEGA's money. Yes, both are license titles and yes, Nintendo makes money off of both, but when it comes right down to it, if these games are competing, they aren't competing for the same people.

And really, the only people who M&S olympics really appeals to with all that licensing isn't really the kiddy crowd. Thats a nostalgia market applying primarily to children of the early 90s. These guys have money.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
right... all arguing aside, i shall bring us back to the topic (like i know thats gonna happen)
any way i say YEA to sonic in brawl! He's got the makings of an obscure character in a fantasy world here survival is tested through blunt force trauma.... O_o

uhm yeah, any way, heres my move list:
(note: his a attacks are really hard to think of, but ill do it anyway~)
(note 2: i'm getting a majority of his moves from sonic battle, seeing as it's a sega version of ssbm, which it wasn't intended to be...)
B attacks:
B= spin dash (chargeable)Ground version: like roll out for jiggly, but pressing b again would turn sonic to a running/dashing position. and with less knock than roll out.
Air version: homing attack: with slightly less homing capability, would be awesome/horrible against edge guarders. also, as someone else said in the thread, it can be re-used as soon as you hit an enemy. slight knock. mid damage.

<>B: Sonic wave (from sonic battle:ground based ) Sonic storm (SB also: air based): it sends a shock wave/sonic wave, for a couple of feet, dissipating like.... 3-4 bowser's length away from sonic, does three hits, moderate knock back, however, using it leaves you open from behind do to the fact that sonic is spin dashing atleast a foot into the air backwards from his target. the air version would do the same, but not dissipate until it reachers an obstacle, he would fire it at a 45 degree angle downwards, it also has the same effect on sonic from the ground version (the jumping backwards)

VB: bounce attack: for both air and ground, on the ground it would make sonic bounce off it into the air, almost double the height of his first jump, and from then on (in the air) further pressing would drop him down at possibly two times his fast fall speed and bounce off the ground again. as in the games where this move appeared, this move would be spammable.

^B: aerial tricks: like in sonic rush (i think) using this move would extend the height of your jump by performing extreme sports-styled tricks. which would send you upward.(i think this move originated from sonic advance 2, oh wait... yes it did, by ressing up+R off a ramp) it wouldn't do damage, which is a major disadvantage, but then again, it would balance out his over all power. on the ground this move doesnt activate and would be quite useless.

oh! i totally forgot about his somersault attacks from sonic adventure 2...... hmmmm..... i guess you could change it between his side B if you wanted to.

any ways, on to his smashes:

^A: he would do his Sonic Updraft move from SB, but then it would be more of a cross between side and up smashing, seeing as it comes from the side and doesnt stop directly at the top. i guess he could just do a..... spin dash charged hopping motion upwards. yeah i'd go with this one.

<>A: he would do his somersault attack from sonic adventure 2, it would be a 2 hit attack, just like link's side smash, and seeing that the somersault was also 2 attacks (a forward flip like motion followed by a spin/tumble forwards.) this would cause him to go forward, and fall off platforms if too close to the edge. also the initial attack animation/ hit box would be late after activating (like bowser's side smash) because he would still have to flip forward before swinging his foot down.

VA: all right! my favorite move! also from sonic battle, it would be his heavy attack from said game, which is like a break dancing move where he sweeps his legs all around him near the ground, which ends in him doing a handstand and jumping a little ways backwards. is my description weird? let re- describe it: its like this one breakdance move..... sorta like the pommle horse thing for gymnastics... hope that clears it up...

onto his movement speed! (ahehehehe~)
he would have to walk pretty slow so that he wouldn't slide too much from his low traction, i'd say.... about the same speed as bowser's full speed walking, probably/most likely to be the same speed as sheiks walking animation.
his Dash/Run would have to be at least equal with captain falcon's. but most of us (including me) don't want it! soi'd have to say he'd be a little faster than captain.
his dodge rolling could be either like sheik's (flipping) or samus' (rolling into a ball form)

OPTIONAL: Taunt! (Weeeeeeeeee)
he could say something like "yeah! time to party!" (if they bring back the character intros, this should be it, if not, then taunt) or: "Too slow!" (perfect! on second thought if they DO bring the intros back id want the first one to b e it, and this one the taunt! OH HELLZ YEAH!~)

and i think that's about it! unless..... unless you guys want MoRe~
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all... *sniff*

EdIt~~~~:thank god for the edit button! BWAHAHAHAHA!
decided to add more! snicker snicker tee hee~

aerials:
neutral A: Sonic windmill: from SB, a side ways kick which goes all around. hardly any knock. and light damage.(think shikuu tatsumaki senpuu kyakuu, only this time with 2 revolutions...)

^A:an upwards drill kick, like sheiks, but more like samus', in that it would do multiple hits, and still have the knocking going on, howver reduced it may be..... that is....

<A: reverse, two-legged kick (like what most wrestlers do) this should be able to spike..bwahahamayohahahahaharoflhahaha...

>A: bursts knee forwards, or foot, or possibly a random chance of using the foot or the knee! (knee for spiking like captain, and foot for doing a sex-kick with no knock)

VA:he would do Sonic eagle, a pursuit attack from SB, its a meteor! make a **** wish!

Super Smash!
oh yes people, i promise you, this will kick both the physical, and mental ***, and possibly the metaphorical *** i suppose.... but... meh...
anyway... HERE GOES!:
He jumps into the air (duh) and starts doing a LIGHT SPEED DASH ATTACK (from sonic adventure) to smack around all cahracters and rack up some major damage, where after wards he would hit an opponent! (said opponent would be chosen by a number of factors, including damage done to you by that character, frequency of attacksrecieve from said character, and etc....)

oh sonic...... make love to me! i want to bear you human-hedgehog hybrid child! that's how much i want you in SSBB!

but really, does this move set sound a little too powerful to you guys?i could make slight modifications........

DARN IT! i forgot where i would implement his trade mark spin jumping and insta shield move! ah well, i'll think about it and post it later on...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
sonic shall be in brawl
Thje truest statement ever said by man...other than Donkey Kong and Luigi will return! :laugh: ;) :) The best part about this statement is: SONIC IS AWSOME zomg Sonic 4life! :laugh: seriously though, Sonic will fit perfectly in Brawl, and is one of the closest things to a perfect character pick. :)

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Thje truest statement ever said by man...other than Donkey Kong and Luigi will return! :laugh: ;) :) The best part about this statement is: SONIC IS AWSOME zomg Sonic 4life! :laugh: seriously though, Sonic will fit perfectly in Brawl, and is one of the closest things to a perfect character pick. :)
Couldn't have said it better my self~

SONIC FOR BRAWL!
WE ~HEART~ SONIKKU! ~<3 XD:laugh:

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Can't be bothered to read through this entire thread, but has anybody thought of how awesome the Super Peel-Out move from Sonic CD would be as a move? Like, maybe as an A up as Sonic would probably get a third jump. Wouldn't be that special, but the move was the coolest looking thing in the older games for me, even more so than Super Sonic. It'd look great in 3D.

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
I Agree So Much, I love This Character. & if This Character Wont Be in Brawl

We will Have to Wait To The Next Super Smash ....

And it Will Be More Cool If More Sonic Characters in Brawl Like Silver The hegdehog
& Blaze The Cat & Much More.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sakurai himself confirmed that sonic was the most requested 3rd party character and that he would like to see him in the game

my younger brother goes crazy for sonic and if sonic is in the game he wont play as anyone else

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
yea sonic will show up all these things ive heard ect ect i mean we know now that he is the most requested 3rd party character out so far hes recently showed up in a nintendo game for wii and about to make another apperance with the olympics so this is like confirming without accutally confirming in my opinion

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm going to laugh so hard when the big relaunch in 10 hours just says "Sonic is not in Brawl".

I wouldn't joke like that if I wasn't reading posts like this one:
unest guy said:
And it Will Be More Cool If More Sonic Characters in Brawl Like Silver The hegdehog & Blaze The Cat & Much More.
while I scroll down the page.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
sonikuu will be in brawl becuase he is closer to nintendo then any other company is closer to nintendo.
WE HAVE ****EN GENNESSIS GAMES ON THE WII AND A SONIC VS MARIO GAME!

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
i know for sure silver and them wont show up its only sonic. my little heart will break to see that lol well that would decrease my anticipation for this game by far cause its one thing i've been wanting to see in forever an actual fighting game consisting of both mario and sonic. but all the different views on whats in and what's out has my head going crazy too much anticipation i guess. I hope the new site can clear things up and show a view things to be expected without killing anything.

O I read the earlier arguments on Sonic not being in brawl because MvsS will sell less. I think sonic in brawl should remain along with MvsS i mean that in my opinion is selling both ways one is that fighting game for hardcore fans and one for the casual gamer. maybe that gamer who wants sonic in smash can get that along with seeing mario and sonic take it 1 on 1 you know cause its not just us they have kids out there who play the childish games i dont think brawl takes away any anticipation for the olympics because not everyone knows about sonic in brawl just fans really. so i think they should just go with both.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
i dont have anything against the following characters, but i just dont think they'd fit in:
silver: psychic ftw
shadow: why sega? WhY?! why'd you go and make shadow all emo? seriously, guns should never have been his thing. and theydidnt even fix it in sonic '06.

on the other hand, the following would be pretty good for brawl:
knuckles: the classic brawler, punches would do well in brawl, theyve been good for the past 2 games, so why not?
amy: sonic battle style, thats all ill say.
rouge: kicks are good, she could be a sex-kick master (lol).
metal sonic:be a faster (or just as fast) and stronger version of sonic, but more floaty, and heavier, with looooowwww traction. and horrible acceleration.
blaze:fire, must i say any more?

thats all ill say....for now......

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I don't normally post on the brawl forums, but i'll just add in my two cents. Heres to hoping that Sonic and Tails are included in brawl! :)

Del Money

Smash Champion
this thread is doomed. i'm a HUGE Sonic fan but i know theres not really much to discuss because most smasher already know that Sonic is pretty much in. his chances of being in brawl are about as good as Diddy Kong's or Ridley's or Bowser returning. only thing i can think of worth discussing in this thread is whether Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow have a shot at brawl. honestly i dont think any of their chances are good because Sonic and the Secret Rings made sure that only Sonic was playable in the single player mode so that the respect for Sonic that so many gamers had lost would come back (even though i personaly dont think his recent 3D games were that bad besides some glicthes and voice-acting). Sonic and the Secret Rings was Sonic's first step to recovering his former glory and SSBB would be the next step. i think they'll keep Sonic as the sole representative of the Sega franchise in brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah its a bit ridiculous. the 3D games werent half bad at all; minus the glitches, voice-actors, and the camera (which rarely bothered me). some say the 3D Sonic's sucked because the games felt "slowed-down". i think thats a ridiculously large load of crap considering the 2D Sonics were never really that fast, while every 3D Sonic game released has moments where your eyes can barely keep up (unless youve memorized the level). maybe the shooting/emerald-hunting/fishing levels from SA and SA2 were a drag but Sonic Heroes (non-PS2 version) which had no objectives other than get through the level (except Team Chaotix) got decent ratings and yet people still liked to say that sucked too. yes the voice-acting was terrible and yes some of the levels dragged out to 9+ minutes to complete and the camera was a bit frustrating but the voice-acting and camera are the only complaints from the other 3D Sonic's that actually apply. theres no "alleged slowdown" in Sonic Heroes and switching characters becomes like 2nd-nature during play so please need to stop complaining. even Shadow The Hedgehog wasnt slowed down and yet everyone bashed that game too. the only major complaints i have about the Sonic franchise is the anime-ish integration theyve started throwing in (Sonic X, those anime Sonic Riders video clips, etc) and the addition of a bunch of new and ridiculous characters. Shadow and Rouge are ok for storyline purposes, Amy is ok since she goes way back to Sonic CD, the Chaotix go way back as well so theyre ok...Big and those stupid Chao things are NOT ok. and now theres a Blaze the Cat and a Silver the Hedgehog and those idiots from Sonic Riders...good lord

anyways, i think i mightve revived this thread with a new discussion on the 3D Sonic games/additional Sonic characters. please argue with me, agree with me, throw your two cents in, call me a pymp, call me a n00b, whatever...the Sonic thread shall live

kaid

Smash Master
The bad part of Heros was the pre-school targetted voice-acting script, and the glitchy special stages. Also, the Battle mode is a perfect example of why Smash Bros should never be made 3d.

ShadowTH was an OK game... but Shadow shouldn't be the main character. He can run at the speed of sound and throw bolts of raw chaos. So why is he jacking cars and busting out his boomstick? Honestly, Tails should have taken his place... at least Tails has a history of using gadgets.

Sonic 360, I've never played, but I'm told it's REALLY glitchy, and there is implications of Human on Hedgehog action.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
i love the chao, they're one of the reasons the ade=venture series were so good, they've removed it after sonic adventure 2, and the whole franchise just wasnt THAT good anymore, i still lvoe sonic, dont get me wrong, i just wish they would go "hey guys lets add in another hundred characters and totally make sonics levels optional!"
although, i dont mind the new characters, i just wish they wouldn't crank out anymore, cause then id have to love him too >.< (yes, i love the eggman, hes one of my favorites D:)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Sonic 2006 (360 as some of you may refer to it) was awful according to Gamespot who gave it like a 4.4 out of 10. however Gamespot gave Shadow like a 4.8 out of 10 which was absurd because the game wasnt nearly that bad. the controls werent nearly as horrible as they said, voice-acting still sucked, the camera wasnt half as bad as the other sonic games, and there were no serious glitches as far as i could see. and so i dont trust Gamespot's credibility much anymore. Sonic 2006 was supposedly really glitchy which isnt much of a shocker and it may actually have sucked. and yes i think Sonic and that short-haired princess chick get a little smoochy-smoochy going on in the ending. i'm not going to defend a game i havent played. my complaint is with the reception of Sonic games released prior to these next-gen consoles coming out, all of which i own and have played enough times. those Sonic games were far from perfect and the bugs and voice-acting were and sure as hell still are crap-in-a-can and ruined a significant amount of gameplay but for the Sonic franchise to lose as much respect as it has for that is absurd, considering there was plenty of fun to be found in those games and no one wants to admit it. the breakneck speeds in most of the levels were insane, much more so than the genesis classics which everyone claims were "so fast". luigi's mansion and mario sunshine were god-awful yet people still kiss mario's feet while they dropkick sonic into the ****ter. whats the deal?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Del Money: If you say Sunshine was worse than any of the 3D Sonic games, I don't think many people will take what you say into account. Really, that's Sonic fanboyism at it's worst.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ Chief Mendez
hahaha you might be right. you got me...ive never played sunshine, just wanted to see if someone would randomly agree/help keep the thread open. but luigi's mansion IS awful. and as a Sonic fanboy and can admit when a Sonic game or other product has flaws/sucks *non-subtlecough* Sonic X and all Sonc anime *non-subtle cough* and yes i have respect for the mario franchise.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
i neverplayed sunshine or mansion, (regretfully)
but yeah, so far, the only 3d sonics that are not as good as they shoul.d be are the ones after heroes, i liked shadow, but please, why use a gun when you can chaos control those alien things. and cars? he already has jet skates.......
btw, your sig looks like team america ftw? :D

Del Money

Smash Champion
you didnt like Sonic and the Secret Rings? another game i have yet to play. i heard that game was sexy.

(and yes it is team america...a movie that mightve not been funny without matt damon)

Smashtime93

Smash Rookie
I really like your idea, a good "B" move could be Sonic releasing a Blue Tornado that would kind of work like the Super Smash Bros64.. do little damage but make the opponent imobile for alittle bit. I am really hoping for sonic to make it :)

Oops double post sorry :p

Smashtime93

Smash Rookie
I really like your idea, a good "B" move could be Sonic releasing a Blue Tornado that would kind of work like the Super Smash Bros64 (Hyrule Castle Tornado) do little damage but make the opponent imobile for alittle bit. I am really hoping for sonic to make it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom