• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm actually pretty excited not only to play Sonic, but to see how Smashboards will discuss him. I participate in the Marth boards in the Melee Character Discussion section, and just thinking about things that people are gonna say make me excited..."How does Sonic deal with Samus' Crouch Cancelling?" or "No matter how fast I dash with Sonic, I can't escape Marth's grab range." LOL

SonicMario

Smash Master
wow... So much drama. I can't blame them though. So many popular character hopes.... just lost out there.

Megaman, Ridley, Krystal, Geno, etc. = All Gone

I'm a little satisfied with the roster, but I can't help the fact at how many at Smashboards is NOT satisfied. It will take years for this to recover. No new villians (Unless you count Wolf), and no new females really disappointed the Smash Community.

I'm just glad Sonic was confirmed comparably early, so it wouldn't get too much confusion. I'm happy with Green Hill Zone being the stage as well. But after today, Smashboards wiill never be the same again.

SiD

Smash Master
**** off SiegK, just because characters you like got in doesn't mean you can **** on everyone else for being dissapointed.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah I kinda wanted n axe weilder but w/e now I just want the game...my friend is supposed to get in in japanese so in case I get a taste of goodness....I'll be taunting you all.

lolz no Jk Im gonna just be happy I have 3 blue animals tho

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
I think Lucario will be Sonic's biggest competition
I can see it right now.

"...I'm Bluer."
"*****, what?"
"I'm bluer. Than you."
"Ha. No. You suck at blue. You will someday die in a can of orange paint. Which will somehow make you more blue than you already are. Loser."
"Yeah? Well you can kiss my furry black ***, because black is closer to blue than tan is, muzzle-boy. By the way, you've got red on you."
"Well then, oh high and mighty Anubis, Egyptian god of NOT BLUE, maybe I'll just shove my shiny red shoe up that furry black *** of yours and pull it out between your teeth. THEN we'll see who's got red on them, eh?"
"You want to go a round?"
"Very much so. But you don't."
"Oh, but I do."
"Sure thing, Nihilist."
"Not so fast, Einsteins!"
"BIG BIRD, DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON YOU!"

In the 4P corner, Zamus sits, rubbing her temples and standing well back from the carnage. "Is 'Bluer' even a real word...?"

LuCKy

Smash Master
I can see it right now.

"...I'm Bluer."
"*****, what?"
"I'm bluer. Than you."
"Ha. No. You suck at blue. You will someday die in a can of orange paint. Which will somehow make you more blue than you already are. Loser."
"Yeah? Well you can kiss my furry black ***, because black is closer to blue than tan is, muzzle-boy. By the way, you've got red on you."
"Well then, oh high and mighty Anubis, Egyptian god of NOT BLUE, maybe I'll just shove my shiny red shoe up that furry black *** of yours and pull it out between your teeth. THEN we'll see who's got red on them, eh?"
"You want to go a round?"
"Very much so. But you don't."
"Oh, but I do."
"Sure thing, Nihilist."
"Not so fast, Einsteins!"
"BIG BIRD, DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON YOU!"

In the 4P corner, Zamus sits, rubbing her temples and standing well back from the carnage. "Is 'Bluer' even a real word..?"
:laugh:

sonic won that fight though:p

Garuda

Smash Ace
Heh, touchy-touchy today. Then again, it has been ever since the full roster was confirmed.

Personally I'm happy, I suppose it's because I'm really not a huge fan to the point where I know each any every Nintendo character.

*off the subject* Watching a live stream of Brawl... and I have NEVER heard such **** ANNOYING voices, won't these guys either shut up or calm down?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
**** off SiegK, just because characters you like got in doesn't mean you can **** on everyone else for being dissapointed.
Calm the **** down, SiD. I just drew your character and was gunna post it. But your language makes me a bit hesitant.

Im not saying screw off all those who are feeling a bit down cause their character didnt get in. Im down too that some I wanted in (long shots as they may) didnt get in or some didnt come back.

You know Im a hard core Doc Fan, and have been boosting his return. Am I *****ing cause he isnt back? No. Im totaly down on my *** about it, but Im still happy Brawl is coming back. Sonic is only in the SSE for like... 1 video. And yeah, that pisses me off. All the Star Fox characters having the same Final Smash, kinda gey.
MegaMan would have been awesome, and I was pulling for him. Isaac was my top fav for being a newcome (after Sonic) but he didnt get in. Yeah Im bumbed. So dont say the characters I wanted in all got in so Im all Happy.

And Im not bagging on those who are, "Aww my character didnt get in. What the hell"

Im Talking about those douche bags who are really *****ing like, "OMG Sakurai didnt Put ____ In! thats so stupid. He was the Best, I dont think I want Brawl anymore."

And those who have been saying,
Before - "Wow SSE is gunna be awesome, I hope _____ has a good part in it."
Now - "Well the SSE is cool, but not that cool. _____ would have been better"

Those are the people who I say, F*** em. Those ungrateful people who are now belittling Brawl just because their character didnt get in. And if your with them and share that same mind set for Brawl, the game we have been w8ing for For So Long, I hope you dont even buy a copy.

But Back to Sonic.

Im a bit confused. We see Sonic and Mario 2 player SSE in the Sonic video, right? Yeah. But... In the SSE videos, Sonic only comes at the very end. As Taboo is turing every character into a Trophy, Sonic shows up (Im guessing you play as him to beat Taboo) and the SSE ends. Where do you play as Sonic???

Is there a 2nd SSE? Can you play as all the characters you unlocked in the SSE in the 2nd time around??

Sonic Stage in Action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqgWQ8OeFw

Tails and Knuckles arnt AT (Unless they are there and here too)
Tails and Knuckles are seen in the background running the loop as the level goes on.

Tails - 00:22
Knuckles - 01:28

SonicMario

Smash Master
Does anybody have the info on how to unlock Sonic in Brawl?

I don't care if it's considered a Spoiler. Because I'd like to know it the day before Brawl is released

EDIT: I just found out Sonic is one of the guys who fights the Last Boss O_O That's so awesome considering Sonic is not Nintendo. (For the Record, I stiil don't know who is the last boss. I just saw it on Smashwiki)

SonicMario

Smash Master
SSE may take too long. Unless you can unlock Sonic on Easy or Very Easy (I honestly just want Sonic, No matter how easy or difficult to unlock him. I'll do it).

I'd like to know how many VS. Matches to get Sonic.

I know it will take 5 to get
Ness
and about 15 to get
Marth

Garuda

Smash Ace
Truthfully, I did not expect such a huge entrance at a critical time in the plot by Sonic, but I'm not complaining, he officially looks BADASS.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I knew Sonic's Role was gonna be epic. But THAT Epic? It was so cool to hear that.

I can just picture the "Sorry, I'm Late" expression on him.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I knew Sonic's Role was gonna be epic. But THAT Epic? It was so cool to hear that.

Epic? Your joking? Sonic role is by far the lamest one in the game, even Snake got a decent role in the game. Sonic doesn't even defeat the final boss, because you don't even need to use him in the final fight.
Also sorry but when lame *** Shadow managed to get as an AT when Tails and Knuckles are lame cameos with no signifiance at all I can say Sakurai as failed big time. No Eggman in SSE either....I'm disappointed with the the Sonic related stuff.

SiegK

Smash Champion

Yeah. Its really quick but really Epic. I think.

WARNING!!! Spoiler!!!
SSE Ending 2/2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qZY0B-Iuojc

Sonic's video shows up at 3:39 and he himself show up at 3:50

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Yeah. Its really quick but really Epic. I think.

WARNING!!! Spoiler!!!
SSE Ending 2/2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qZY0B-Iuojc

Sonic's video shows up at 3:39 and he himself show up at 3:50
Sonic doesn't save the day Siegk, after Sonic hit the final boss you get to choose a party to fight the final boss. You don't even have to include Sonic thus his role is nothing to brag about it's horrible compared to what Snake does in the game.

HUGE SPOILER!

Final boss fight:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=LMTmzM2WnGQ&feature=user

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Im just saying what the videos shows. Makes him look epic. Also why i said im kinda mad about it cause he was showed only once.
I'm mad Sonic doesn't have a role equal of that of Snake, but I guess Sonic was to awesome to hang out with slowpokes. I at least wanted Sonic to truly team up with Mario, but it's clear he really doesn't.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Yeah true. But I guess it makes sense, If Sonic was in the game too much. It would havt made much sence. Cause he would just be so fast and own everything. They had to give the normal characters a chance. Lol. If Sonic was in the whole SSE, little kids wouldnt be able to handle the awesomeness and their heads would explode.

Just think, if his opening was that blinding speed. He would have upstaged ever other character suring the SSE in each cutscene. So they had to let the other characters look good by not showing off such awesomeness. I guess... makes me happy yet sad. Lol.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
If that's the case (Which is awesome, Sonic The Deus Ex ftw), then how come we saw him mowing down Primids in the 'Sonic joins the Brawl' video?

Does anyone think there might be some kind of hidden alternate storyline with more Sonic involvement?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
So, does anyone know if Sonic can wall cling or not? Really curious about that.. Looks like it seems to be a trait of faster characters, so I'm going to assume for now that he can. Some video proof would be greatly appreciated though.
If that's the case (Which is awesome, Sonic The Deus Ex ftw), then how come we saw him mowing down Primids in the 'Sonic joins the Brawl' video?

Does anyone think there might be some kind of hidden alternate storyline with more Sonic involvement?
I bet that once you have the characters unlocked, and play through an area again, you can use whoever you want. That's just my random guess, but it seems pretty logical.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It sucks that Sonic doesn't have really any part in the SsE. You can't even play as him until the absolute end of the game.

LAME.

And I think Sonic got there so late because he only found out about what was happening to the Nintendo continent about a minute before the bad guy finally revelead himself and he had to run there... from the Sega continent... which is really far.

SonicMario

Smash Master
"True Heroes always arrive late".
You forgot a word Garuda. But don't worry I fixed and bolded the word for ya.

EDIT: I like it how Sonic is never turned into a trophy. I couldn't bare seeing that cinema if that happened.

EDIT2: Sonic Boom from Sonic CD is one of the Songs on Green Hill O_O

I guess here's the music so far:

1. Live & Learn
2. Angel Island
3. Sonic Boom

And obviously somewhere we'll get Green Hill Zone. Only question is: Remix or Original version?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
In Reply to SonicMarios song list:
Sonic Music if any I want
1 Green Hill Zone
2. Ice Cap Zone
3. His World Zebrahead version (but not gonna happen 360 ps3 game)

Also does anyone have a leak to Sonic appearing in the SSE

EDIT: Never mind I saw it :3

EDIT: I read the post "Sonic has no part in SSE" that sucks I was looking forward to something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom