• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Hey Im taking Challenges now so If anyone wants 2 challenge me in the S.S.S PM me! I LOVE YOU SK UR SO COOL!

lolz

BTW SM sorry I havent been on much my cpu broke....GRR! BUT I AM WITH YOU AND WAITING TO REPORT SONICS FS!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hey Im taking Challenges now so If anyone wants 2 challenge me in the S.S.S PM me! I LOVE YOU SK UR SO COOL!

lolz

BTW SM sorry I havent been on much my cpu broke....GRR! BUT I AM WITH YOU AND WAITING TO REPORT SONICS FS!
You have it already O_O.

Well sure, I guess you get the honor of getting the 1st review then... as well as the 1st African-american review.

SiegK, I thought for sure I had your name on the sign ups. I will need to check for sure.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Hmm. Could you send me that link Suna? Do you remember if he had more than one file?

The idea that once you unlock him once you can play with him the second go around still stands. And so far we know of one way to unlock Sonic. Beat the SSE. But what if there is another way to unlock Sonic? Maybe he got Sonic one way and then went to play the SSE. (If anyone does know of more ways to unlock him, please tell me)

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think there will be other ways to get the characters.
probably a certain number of vs matches?
After all that is what they did in melee so something similar could be done.
That's actually true. For example
Ness can be unlocked with 5 matches

Sonic may take 50 or something, I'd rather unlock Sonic through Matches rather then Story. Because it'd seem like Sonic is challenging me so I am "worthy" enough of playing as him. And all I do is have to do is beat sonic in a match. I may do it with Mario just for the sense of things. But then it's Sonic beat on Mario from me! And after that, maybe I will see a lv. 9 Sonic & Mario battle (If not final destination, then a flat custom stage). Then for even more pleasure I will see Lv. 9 Mario & Sonic as a team. (Oops. got carried away). Going through the story is just not quick enough. I want a quicker unlock for a quick character.

Oh I have news on the Final Event Match:
Your choice of character VS. Giant Mario, and normal sized Sonic & Snake

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
With all the love Sakurai poured into SSE, I wouldn't be surprised if there were alternate endings, storylines and suchlike.

I'd just like to remind everyone to use spoiler tags (To the far left of your screen when you write a post, right next to 'Wiki'). You know. For those of us that want to save themselves for marriage March 9.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Thats not too epic
It doesn't have to be Epic. As long as I have Sonic's face on the Brawl character screen on my TV. The brawl announcer is going to get tired of me picking Sonic every minute of everyday of every week of every month of every seson of every year. But I won't care.

Repryx

Smash Champion
You have it already O_O.

Well sure, I guess you get the honor of getting the 1st review then... as well as the 1st African-american review.

SiegK, I thought for sure I had your name on the sign ups. I will need to check for sure.
no but a friend is getting it so Imma PWN him @ his house next week

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
That's actually true. For example
Ness can be unlocked with 5 matches

Sonic may take 50 or something,
50? I wish. That's just crazy. Do you know how many matches you needed to unlock characters in Melee? Sure, 5 is a rediculously small amount of matches for any character, but Ness was in the opening sequence. I'll bet Marth will be relatively easy to unlock as well in terms of a vs match count. I'm willing to bet that those two, then CFalcon and Jiggz will be somewhat easy, but after that you're going to have to do some intense work to find the rest.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Ok OK. You can handle it. Lol. Evertone else can report on him. But ya still wont be able to beat me as him. Lol.

Everytime I read one of SonicMario's posts I smile cause its so filled with Sonic love. Lol. I too wanna get him as fast as I can. Then SSE.

Sub Space is cool and everything. But Ive been waiting to Smash With Sonic for Way Longer. So he comes 1st.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
quick question. does anyone have any decent footage of the shadow AT in action? i've only seen that absolutely terrible quality vid of him and i want a better look.

oh, and i've also heard you can probably beat SSE in 3-4 hours, which is probably quicker than playing vs to unlock characters.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Everytime I read one of SonicMario's posts I smile cause its so filled with Sonic love. Lol. I too wanna get him as fast as I can. Then SSE.
Thank you so much. Glad I am making a lifetime Sonic fan smile. I'm been a Sonic fan since 2001, only 7 years when I've known Mario for about 10 years. But Mario's been in the action of Smash Bros since the beginning, Sonic's a newcomer. And in the opinion of my 7-year experience of following the fastest thing alive: He's the best one ever.

quick question. does anyone have any decent footage of the shadow AT in action? i've only seen that absolutely terrible quality vid of him and i want a better look.

oh, and i've also heard you can probably beat SSE in 3-4 hours, which is probably quicker than playing vs to unlock characters.
Not if you do so many matches with the following options: 1 stock, 2.0x Damage, and Lv. 1 CPU

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sorry to double post, but Fanboys and Gentlemen: We have 12 Sonic songs from all over the franchise!!! (Not including the victory theme)

1. Green Hill Zone (Original Version, no Remix)- Sonic 1
2. Scap Brain Zone (Original Version, no Remix)- Sonic 1
3. Emerald Hill Zone (Unknown)- Sonic 2
4. Angel Island Zone (Remix) -Sonic 3
5. Live & Learn- Sonic Adventure 2
6. Open Your Heart- Sonic Adventure
7. Sonic Boom- Sonic CD
8. Right There, Right on- Sonic Rush
9. Super Sonic Racing- Sonic R
10. Sonic Heroes- Sonic Heroes
11. His World(Instrumental Rock version)- Sonic 06
12. Seven Rings in Hand- Sonic and the Secret Rings

I just heard this from Brawl Central. So is everybody happy with at least most of the song selection?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Rofllll Super Sonic Racing!! Wow... That will be amusing to play to. I could do without His World, and Seven Rings in Hand though. Oh wait.. His World has no actual singing? I approve then. Seven Rings in Hand is still a very meh song though. Wow, that's a lot of music for one stage. Can't wait to play to all of them.

Edit:That one from Sonic Rush should say Right there, Ride on. Not "Right on"

UltimatX

Smash Cadet
Whats annoying about Seven Rings in Hand is that they use the same version of the song for EVERYTHING. No remixes or whatever, just that version. But I'm not complaining.............Me thinks........

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
SiegK, post mah picture!

Also, can you link the guy with all the SSE vids?
SiD?

Never seen you post like that before. How long has it been?

Thank you so much. Glad I am making a lifetime Sonic fan smile. I'm been a Sonic fan since 2001, only 7 years when I've known Mario for about 10 years. But Mario's been in the action of Smash Bros since the beginning, Sonic's a newcomer. And in the opinion of my 7-year experience of following the fastest thing alive: He's the best one ever.
Truthness.

Personally, I've been a Sonic fan since 1995, I was about four years old and I played Sonic 1 or 2 (can't remember), but I fell in love with that series from that point on.

7. Sonic Boom- Sonic CD

I just heard this from Brawl Central. So is everybody happy with at least most of the song selection?
I'll just kinda expand on what I posted in the other topic, because I'm just too **** unlazy.

I approve of Green Hill Zone, because it needed to be in.

Scrap Brain, regardless of how awesome it is, should've been scrapped for Doomsday Zone. It's just soo much better.

Emerald Hill Zone is great, and will **** even harder if it's remixed.

Angel Island Zone is made of win, and Live and Learn is an orgasm for my ears.

Open Your Heart was expected and awesome, while Sonic Boom was unexpected but welcomed with open arms.

Right There, Ride On is one of the most memorable Sonic Rush songs, being that it's one of the first levels of the game, but I believe that Vela Nova (also from Sonic Rush) would have been so much better, especially the last part of the song in Sudden Death Mode.

Super Sonic Racing is just awesome, but Living in the City I would've rather have had, since I feel it's more catchy. Hell, even Sonic the Fighters would've been interesting to listen to, but meh, this song's still A-OK.

Sonic Heroes made my eye kinda twitch. You have information on whether or not it's lyrics or not? I hope it has no vocals, even though the lyrics are decent. I would have prefered "What I'm Made Of" over the theme song, so we would've had all the Final Boss themes from all the console Sonic games since SA1.

His World you say? Instrumental rock version you say? What do I say? Win...just...win.

Seven Rings in Hand was a decent song as well, and I did enjoy listening to it most of the time, the exception being the final boss fight where I continuously died. The only thing I wish was that this song's lyrics be more...elaborate than just the same few lines repeated over and over and over again. Still, a good addition to represent Sonic Wii.

Now that I'm done with the music, I have one question to ask:

Where the feck is Dr. Robotnik?

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't know if Sonic Heroes has lyrics. Unfortunely, it might. But maybe it won't, in Mario & Sonic at the Olympics they had an Instrumental Sonic Heroes.

Repryx

Smash Champion
YES @ ME GETTING MY CPU BACK AND YESSS @ SONIC SELECTION MUSICS FTW

Why are we obsessed w/ this game and we havent even played it yet?

SonicMario

Smash Master
Ways to unlock Sonic Confirmed!

1. In SSE, you unlock Sonic right before the final boss battle. (I'm using this one)
2. Beat Classic Mode with 10 characters.
3. Play 300 vs. matches.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to double post, but Fanboys and Gentlemen: We have 12 Sonic songs from all over the franchise!!! (Not including the victory theme)

7. Sonic Boom- Sonic CD

Out of all those songs, Live and Learn is my favorite.

SiegK

Smash Champion
500 Vs Matches. LOL!

I'll do the SSE too,

Sonic Vs Sonic Vs Sonic Vs Sonic - Sonic Stage
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=7zmKWHHMaVk

This guy also has the SSE uploaded (not sure if all of it) But he includes game play. If you dont want so see the gameplay and just want the videos watch these, in order.

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=EZE5qRNlGWw
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=vRdcXVdHAFo
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=rEz1y2_VZdM
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd6M0M8eXTU
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=MZc-qvOgXKQ
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=NzYjGGfHrRI
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qZY0B-Iuojc

View isnt that great but its worth it.

Also I have these, If you havnt already heard them already.
I think their redone.

Sonic Heroes
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pZxhMRHK96M
His world
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9O1g2rt6OSs
Seven rings in hand
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h3AUO3g-rLk
Open your Heart
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1Og_WcGqggk
Green Hill Zone
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jclMwg8da5Q

Repryx

Smash Champion
Y'know even though I love sonic.....Final Destiation is my Fave song from the game so far....but that may change

SiegK

Smash Champion
OMG! No E!!!
Siege means to take something over!
Sieg means Victory!
And just to clarify, the K stands for Kirby
Sieg King Kirby, thats my name. SiegK (K not part of Pronunciation)

But No i dont have the mp3, I would like them though. And once again, I agree with Repryx.
Final Destiation is the most bad *** song in this game. My friends and I havtn actually turned the scale on my Melee to this
Sound-------------| Music
All Music off, and we listen to the Brawl Final Destiation indtead. Lol. gets ya way more pumped. If anyone has that mp3, please post. of the Live and Learn one. Or any of the Sonic ones. Lol.

J18

Smash Journeyman
anybody have an accurate number of matches to unlock sonic? cuz i've seen like 3 different numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom