• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
If this stage is indeed in the game, it pretty much confirm Knuckles is going to be the stage hazard of the stage or plain be in the background protecting the Master Emerald.
Maybe if it were Hidden Palace Zone...I highly doubt they'll put Knuckles as a prop in a stage as trivial to Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Angel Island Zone.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd rather see knuckles as an AT than a stage hazard or something...

...Or better yet, PC...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Now, I doubt Sakurai's mention of Knuckles has any bearing on him as a playable character, but I feel it does strongly hint on his involvement with Brawl to some degree.

Notice Sakurai just simply called him "Knuckles" as opposed to "Knuckles the Echidna"? Kind of like: "Even though you may have never played any Sonic game since Sonic2, if you're keeping up with Brawl you should (or will) know exactly whom I'm talking about." as opposed to "that's his full name, look him up."

EDIT:
Oh, and the music KICKS SO MUCH BUTT! I'm taking a trip down memory lane as I write this right now. Sonic3 is definitely may most favorite Sonic game of all time. No doubt.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Well it's essentially guaranteed that someone for the Sonic franchise WILL be an AT since Gray Fox from Metal Gear became one. Hopefully the Sonic franchise will get more than one AT. The fact that Sakurai felt the need to mention Knuckles so unsubtly leads me to believe Knuckles will appear in this game somehow...but I'll be dammed if he's playable (keep in mind that IcyDrifter would've been right about Sonic nd Knuckles both being playable in Brawl). But Knuckles as an AT is more than likely the best bet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well it's essentially guaranteed that someone for the Sonic franchise WILL be an AT since Gray Fox from Metal Gear became one. Hopefully the Sonic franchise will get more than one AT. The fact that Sakurai felt the need to mention Knuckles so unsubtly leads me to believe Knuckles will appear in this game somehow...but I'll be dammed if he's playable (keep in mind that IcyDrifter would've been right about Sonic nd Knuckles both being playable in Brawl). But Knuckles as an AT is more than likely the best bet.
I think IcyDrifter was completely discredited when Meowth was deconfirmed...

No, the first time he posted he basically discredited himself...

I would like him playable, but doubt it.

...and ****ed if that ******* gets the joy of being right though

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Actually, Knuckles mention is pretty subtle. That's what makes it so tantalizing and exciting!

Oh, and I'm going to have to agree with you that Knuckles, most likely, will be an AT over a PC (which I've always felt to be the case from the start). But you never know. I mean it does *appear* that Nintendo and the Sonic Team branch of Sega seem to be forming close bonds. (???) If you ask me, I think SonicPS360 was the final nail in the coffin for Sonic games outside of Nintendo. Albeit, Sonic games aren't great in general anymore, but they tend to do WAY better on Nintendo platforms than the PS2, PS3, PSP, X360.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I think IcyDrifter was completely discredited when Meowth was deconfirmed...
Holy ****....he actually made a claim about Meowth? Good God...

Actually, Knuckles mention is pretty subtle. That's what makes it so tantalizing and exciting!

Oh, and I'm going to have to agree with you that Knuckles, most likely, will be an AT over a PC (which I've always felt to be the case from the start). But you never know. I mean it does *appear* that Nintendo and the Sonic Team branch of Sega seem to be forming close bonds. (???) If you ask me, I think SonicPS360 was the final nail in the coffin for Sonic games outside of Nintendo. Albeit, Sonic games aren't great in general anymore, but they tend to do WAY better on Nintendo platforms than the PS2, PS3, PSP, X360.
PC is a possibility, but it's far too slim of one to think too far into. I never saw it happening from the get-go and after reading the caption under the kick-buttcheeks Sonic music, I'll admit I got very excited at the mention of Knuckles. This is evidence enough for me that Knuckles more tan likely WILL appear in Brawl. Gray Fox being an AT is evidence enough for me that Knuckles WILL more than likely be an AT as well. Tails seems far too likely to appear as well as an AT and now I'm hoping than Sakurai doesn't get lazy and decide to make Tails and Knuckles as one combined AT.

Oh and the only reason Sonic games are doing being on Nintendo platforms than the others is because majority of them are for the handheld systems.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman

Merry (Sonic) Christmas Everyone.

I have to agree, the mention of Knuckles seems to be intentional, "...in which Knuckles first appeared." For Sakurai to simply pull a name out of the blue [unintentional humor] of another character I think only happened once with Capitan Falcon, and we already know hes in the game (they only taunt us by not showing his awesomeness).

I feel that Knuckles OR a Sonic Stage will be announced sometime in the near future. I don't think Knuckles has a good change of being a PC, but Sakurai may surprise us in the end.

Edit: Nice stage SiegK, it may be a tad big, but It uses a lot of elements of Angel Island and I like it.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Yeh Merry Christmas! And I hope you all enjoyed the updates!

Enjoy the rest of the day and the following Holiday days to come! Happy new year too!

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
mmm i dunno bout mega, his chances dont seem so good after that interview, but it would be awsome to see knux as more then an at, heck even an at and a role in the se would be cool. wait a sec do you guys think that some ats will also appear ini the se as npc's?
Yeah I wish he could get a role in the SSE but evil as he was in the first Sonic game he starred in.
He could steal the chaos emeralds from Sonic like he did in Sonic 3.:)

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know Mega has low chances after that interview.
Let's just hope that since Brawl's gone gold Mega's in the game but Sakurai doesn't wanna spoil the surprise.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Knuckles was never evil, he's just a gullible fool. I can definitely see him as an AT though. He's a classic, used to be the badass of the series.

Oh, and EDIT YOUR POSTS PLEASE. Not shouting, just trying to get your attention.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Because Knuckles was Gullible...it means he is Evil lolz No JK but seriously he let Robotnik trick him HOW MANY TIMES??? WTF??? DIE KNUCKLES...

Did You Know?:

Knuckles cant catch because he has no Fingers.(Sonic Next-Gen)

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Nope, he was evil in Sonic 3. They gibbled him in Sonic and Knuckles.

But he was at first a bad guy, first time around, just testing out his character and who he should be. But I think hes found his place by now, I hope. Lol. jk.

They fixed his character by warping Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knux together to try and sort things out. But the Sonic and Knuckles game was even an idea, Knux was an evil character (for the time being) in Sonic 3.

The tricking didnt start till after Sonic 3, in Sonic 3 he WAS a bad guy. IF you play Sonic 3 by itself, not connected.

Cleared up?

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Might wanna double check that, and no dont tell me Wikipedia told ya so.
I thought I heard that too somewhere, also, apparently the American manual was crap compared to the Japaneses manual of the game. Not only did the Japaneses manual have Silver Sonic in it (For Sonic and Knuckles,) but it also apparently had a story to how Robotnik tricked Knuckles and isn't as gullible as we think. Its just SEGA decided to make him gullible because everyone in America thought he was.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
For the record:

Knuckles was never "evil". He was/is the protector of the Master Emerald and was tricked by Robotnik/Eggman. As the story goes Eggman told Knuckles that Sonic and Tails were after his emerald, remember after you fight Knuckles at Hidden Palace we see Robotnik steal the Master Emerald and Knuckles goes after him? Then he helps you follow Eggman. He is now seen as Sonic's friend and rival.

Yeah I have played ALOT of Sonic.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
For the record:

Knuckles was never "evil". He was/is the protector of the Master Emerald and was tricked by Robotnik/Eggman. As the story goes Eggman told Knuckles that Sonic and Tails were after his emerald, remember after you fight Knuckles at Hidden Palace we see Robotnik steal the Master Emerald and Knuckles goes after him? Then he helps you follow Eggman. He is now seen as Sonic's friend and rival.

Yeah I have played ALOT of Sonic.
QFT. Knuckles wasn't evil---he was merely mislead.

Knuckles is just a mere sidekick of Sonic now.
>.>; Sadly, such truer words could not have been spoken. At least he's a cool sidekick, unlike Tails.

Smooth Criminal

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles is just a mere sidekick of Sonic now.
I wish they would just reinstate him as the Guardian of the Master Emerald, I mean what the hell is going on with the ME, is Knuckles just carrying it around with him now? Or is Knuckles just blowing off his job?

Knuckles: I must protect the Mater Emerald... but I'm board. Oh well, no one is going to try and steal it while I'm gone as long as it never shows up in the game!

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
@Nilok: I agree dude. But I dont think he's "blowing off his job" just in Sonic 06, it was kinda a big deal and they needed him but I dont count that game as part of any Sonic game story line. Its only real reason was an intro to Silver, which they ended up screwing up Blaze's character and where she came from.
Blaze > Silver (Sonic Rush games rock)

And in Sonic Heroes, they just needed Knuckles to compleye the team.

Im sure they will return him to the Master Emerald, they have to. He is in the Sonic Adventure games, the Genesis games and Comics. Its just his character, they cant take it away.

But from a Game makers point of view, maybe they changed his part cause the Searching for stuff was kinda getting old. WHICH IT WASNT! I Love the Knuxkles parts in the Adventure Games.

Tails started out as Sonic's side kick, and they are a perfect team. Still are (Sonic Rush).
Knuckles was created and surved as Sonic's TOP Rival.
But Is slowly becoming just another side kick cause of Shadow.

Sonic's True Rival. Knuckles!
This shows it in the best way.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0FYqOeSx9rA

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Sega don't even know jack **** what to do with Tails and Knuckles anymore, they get shoved in every game just to please the fanbase.
The actual Knuckles is a freaking moron, who can't protect his Master Emerald worth for ****.
Tails isn't even a sidekick anymore, he's like support and he's just there.
Sega are too preoccupied using Shadow The Emohog and Silver the ***hog to bother with them anymore.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Knuckles was legit until Sega decided to make him a side ***** like Tails...as well as dd in new pointless characters to start taking up lead roles in Sonic games. If the next canon Sonic console title sucks balls AND includes new characters, I'll seriously flip out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom