• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Knuckles' newgen personality makes him a hard character to include into the action...

"I must protect the Master Emerald. Screw the world!" It's hard to include him in a storyline without making it looked forced...

Maybe if they return him to the days when he was a Treasure hunter... THEN he'd be the perfect match for Rouge..

Call me crazy, but I kinda want another Knuckles game, featuring characters/enemies like Rouge, Fang (Nack) and the Chaotix... And for the love of Pete... Someone CRUSH that Master Emerald once and for all so that Knuckles can be free!

--

Now for the question I wanted to ask:

Does Sonic's Side B move, go with the momentum? Like you can turn into a ball while running?

Or does Sonic stop first, THEN uses it?

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Now for the question I wanted to ask:

Does Sonic's Side B move, go with the momentum? Like you can turn into a ball while running?

Or does Sonic stop first, THEN uses it?
i remember in the old games if you turned into a ball while moving you did not stop but rather slowed down considerable, so i think it would work likie that.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Dont Be Stupid theres obviously a limit to how fast he can run but lets not hallucinate. we all know sonic should be the fastest charcaters out of all of the super smash games.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
His SideB stops you with a popping motion. Almost more of a momentum change than anything. It also raises up off the ground a little. His dash attack is just like it but with no momentum change and it isn't JCable. His DownB will actually stop you and begin charging. If you don't charge it, it goes really slow.

hope that clears it up.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Knuckles' newgen personality makes him a hard character to include into the action...

"I must protect the Master Emerald. Screw the world!" It's hard to include him in a storyline without making it looked forced...

Maybe if they return him to the days when he was a Treasure hunter... THEN he'd be the perfect match for Rouge..

Seriously.Knuckles used to be awesome.He was cool in Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles,but now he's just paper thin on character depth.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Seriously.Knuckles used to be awesome.He was cool in Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles,but now he's just paper thin on character depth.
Most of them are, at the moment, all of the attention is going to newer characters, who shouldn't exist.

It isn't just Knuckles who is being knocked aside. They shouldn't of made anymore characters after Adventure 2... and Shadow should of stayed dead.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
People keep thinking Knuckles has a better chance, now that he's been mentioned in an update. Unlike others in the same scenario, Ashley, etc., I feel Knuckles is more important if you ask me. On topic, Sonic will be awesome. It will take some time to get used to his speed, especially for me. I haven't played a Smash game in over a year.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Sonic will be hard to control, but like with any character, you would just have to get used to him. His speed will make him an interesting character to play as, and his difficulty may stop noobs from using him. Hopefully he wont be used all the time in online mode.

SonicMario

Smash Master
In the days before Brawl. It's gonna be straight Melee playing for those days when I'm home. For I am using the GameCube controller for Brawl. And I will only use a variety of characters. Most of all, I will be playing as Fox, Falco, or Captain Falcon to prepare for Sonic as much as I can. But IMO, that still might not be enough.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
In the days before Brawl. It's gonna be straight Melee playing for those days when I'm home. For I am using the GameCube controller for Brawl. And I will only use a variety of characters. Most of all, I will be playing as Fox, Falco, or Captain Falcon to prepare for Sonic as much as I can. But IMO, that still might not be enough.
It won't be enough. You'll need to fuse all of their speeds :chuckle:

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Go on Lightning Melee, that should get you prepared. Espeisially if you use those characters you mentioned.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Gimpy what is this 62 points I see? lolz...and to prepare 4 Sonic you should go to japan Jan 24th and practice there

SonicMario

Smash Master
*sigh* I'll have to wait until Feb 10th or 11th to get my hands on Brawl and play as Sonic to show that the character himelf has not became as bad quality as the games have been. I also can't wait for the SE level with Sonic & Mario. That will be my most replayed SE level when I get Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Azen has money...whoop-de-do.

Anyways, what the crippled fish 62 said earlier applies especially if you plan on being a Sonic main. There's clearly no character from melee that plays anything like him.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Falcon's not even close...if anything, Jigglypuff would be the closest match and that's still waaay off.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
The only character you can even consider training for is DK. And there will be huge ajustments there still. Good news for DK mains. (Me, Del$, CJack) Yoshi is a bran new character, Mario is different, Link has totally new funtions for his moves. Sonic doesn't even have a counter part. Give Jiggs Falcons land speed and one jump with G&Ws upB, then you're close!

Garuda

Smash Ace
As well as myself. I think DK has gone completely unnoticed by many players, even since Bum. Good to know that he won't be that different, but different enough to feel... a little new. Better than being recycled.

I've been trying with certain characters to match Sonic. Falcon is probably as close as it gets, as he's fast and has no projectiles. But judging by the videos and firsthand views, he's NOTHING like Sonic besides those two. So, I've decided, I'll just fight as and against EVERYONE, to get a bit of a clear picture of any and all strengths and weaknesses that Sonic may have. Of course, there are plenty that don't apply to any of these characters, I'm sure. And I guess I'll have to do this as DK, since Ganondorf is pretty much guaranteed to have a new moveset, Bowser is faster, and like you said, Mario is different. And of course, we have no details on Cap'n Pigeon in Brawl.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Lolz

By the way, at somewhere after 12:00 PM tonight I'm updating the official Final Smash thread in General Brawl Discussion. Would anyone like to sign up to review Sonic's Final Smash when Brawl comes out? I just want you're opinions on Super Sonic (And when SiegK gets here, E for All reviews don't count) when Brawl comes out as I'll have to put my review and opinion on Final Smashes. Just reply and say yes if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom