• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Lol RDK, you missed part of our conversation.

M&S got realeased today, but it's not an anniversary. It got pushed up, so obviously not rushed.

SiD

Smash Master
I don't look at scores usually, but I read what they liked/didn't like and then that gives me a good idea if I'll like it.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Definitely wasn't ever a "Brawl-Killer". But I don't care what the game sites say, I'd like to know what YOU all think. I don't even have any respect for Gamepro or 1-Up, and I only have mediocre respect for IGN and Gamespot.

(Once again, I'm buying the game regardless of reviews, but I'd just like to get a view from a fellow Sonic fanboy who's more on my level of appreciation.)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Definitely wasn't ever a "Brawl-Killer". But I don't care what the game sites say, I'd like to know what YOU all think. I don't even have any respect for Gamepro or 1-Up, and I only have mediocre respect for IGN and Gamespot.

(Once again, I'm buying the game regardless of reviews, but I'd just like to get a view from a fellow Sonic fanboy who's more on my level of appreciation.)

IGN gave it a 7.9, thats actually good but still why didn't they just gave it a 8...seriously wtf?

RDK

Smash Hero
I have little respect for 1-Up, and NO respect for Gamespot. IGN is really the only decent site left.

And way back when M&S Olympics was first announced (hinted at), everyone was saying it might be a Brawl-killer, because at that point Sonic wasn't confirmed for Brawl.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
IGN gave it a 7.9, thats actually good but still why didn't they just gave it a 8...seriously wtf?
Because the unholy flesh of all magazine editors starts to burn and wither at the thought of giving anything with 'Sonic' in the title more than an 8. 'Cept Nintendo Power, because they're fanboys, just like us.

Not really, those guys just get off on using decimals.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Because the unholy flesh of all magazine editors starts to burn and wither at the thought of giving anything with 'Sonic' in the title more than an 8. 'Cept Nintendo Power, because they're fanboys, just like us.

No but seriously 7.9 what score is that, was it that hard to grant this game the little 0.1 it needed?

SiD

Smash Master
I have little respect for 1-Up, and NO respect for Gamespot. IGN is really the only decent site left.

And way back when M&S Olympics was first announced (hinted at), everyone was saying it might be a Brawl-killer, because at that point Sonic wasn't confirmed for Brawl.
Oy. I guess giving fair reviews is reason to lose respect these days. *sigh*

Gamespot > IGN.

RDK

Smash Hero
^ That made me laugh.

Oy. I guess giving fair reviews is reason to lose respect these days. *sigh*

Gamespot > IGN.
Oh, now you gone and done it.

*C_CKS SHOTGUN*

Are you serious? C*cks got censored?

RDK

Smash Hero
Is Rush Adventure that one really anticipated RPG done by Bioware? If so, I should pick that up tomorrow, too.

BTW, if any of you are short on cash, feel free to grab some out of my ***.

SiD

Smash Master
No, the RPG isn't coming out till next year I think. Sonic Rush is a sidescroller, like the old games, but 3D.

Also, bend over.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Is Rush Adventure that one really anticipated RPG done by Bioware? If so, I should pick that up tomorrow, too.

BTW, if any of you are short on cash, feel free to grab some out of my ***.
No Sonic Rush Adventure is the sequel to Sonic Rush, personally they are probably the best Sonic games since the Sonic triology.
Your thinking about the Sonic Rpg which doesn't have a name yet, its supposed to come out next year.

RDK

Smash Hero
No Sonic Rush Adventure is the sequel to Sonic Rush, personally they are probably the best Sonic games since the Sonic triology.
Your thinking about the Sonic Rpg which doesn't have a name yet, its supposed to come out next year.
I see.

*BENDS OVER*

There should be a 20 I left in there the other day. Turns out you save money every time you pirate a movie / game.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
He would make a great playable character, and so would Knuckles but there really isn't room right now to have three Sonic characters. 3rd Party guests are new to this series, and I don't think filling the roster of a Nintendo All-Stars game with 3rd Party guests would be fair to Nintendo or any other guest companies involved. It's not the same as throwing in two or three characters from a previously unincluded Nintendo franchise (i.e. something like WarioWare).

I say let this game revolve around Sonic. Just Sonic. Throw in Knuckles and Tails as ATs, make Dr Robotnik a boss, and throw a few more references in as trophies. We can add more Sonic characters to the next Smash (assuming there will be one.)

Garuda

Smash Ace
Lol, he said "I'm an idiot". He just spelled it wrong the first time cuz he's an idiot. :laugh:

(Just playin' Garuda! xoxoxo!)
LOL that was really good, man!

I actually said "weird, it updated kinda early", and I soon thought that my clock was screwed up, so I edited the message, but then I looked at the world clock and I was right. I was gonna edit it again, but I was too tired, and I was on the Wii, AND I don't have the keyboard attached to the Wii now that I have my computer working again.

And FYI, it was 11:45 when I saw the Dojo and it was updated, when it's usually 12:00, save for the DELAYED ones and the one from E3.

EDIT: You have Ganondorf as a SECONDARY! *Warlock Punch* HaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

jk

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I thought tails was already confirmed at E for all. someone said he just disappears off stage, but when you get knocked off, he carries you back on

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
LOL that was really good, man!

EDIT: You have Ganondorf as a SECONDARY! *Warlock Punch* HaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

jk
1) Sarcasm? Don't be mean, I was just playin', dawg.

2) At least I can say I kickass as Ganondorf more than most other people care to even attempt to.

Props to you for maining him, but I wuv Link just a bit more. Cheers to all the Ganondorf mains out there!

oldmankungfu

Smash Journeyman
In a house... in Miami,Fl Close to MD South Campus
I thought tails was already confirmed at E for all. someone said he just disappears off stage, but when you get knocked off, he carries you back on
do you have a link to this video? and if that's true then he really sucks. and i though he would suk by just appearing in the Tornado. tails just disappoints me very much.

SonicMario

Smash Master
@Oldmankungfu: If he were confirmed for AT? 0_o

Well, you already obviously know that this update pretty much assures that Tails or Knuckles or Shadow will have an appearence as ATs. So that will be sort of cool.

And BTW, I have buyed and played M&SatOG. For people who hadn't seen the earlier pages, It is just another of those mini-game Wii games. But IMO I did have some fun with it, I mean it's not a total failure. Your arms and shoulders can hurt after a while playing the Running & Swimming events. It is not for people who hate casual games however. I am a hardcore gamer that can appreciate casual games. Thus, that is why I am fond of the Miis. And it is also why I actually like this game. All those people who hate these kind of games shouldn't come and flame me for liking it. My username is SONICMARIO, it means I like both series: no matter how casual or hardcore the game is. I haven't quite got all the events, but I got a gist of them. (And personally, I hate the Archery one).

But yeah, I will forget this a lot once Brawl comes out. And maybe Galaxy will also put off some time of it. =D

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
@Oldmankungfu: If he were confirmed for AT? 0_o

Well, you already obviously know that this update pretty much assures that Tails or Knuckles or Shadow will have an appearence as ATs. So that will be sort of cool.

And BTW, I have buyed and played M&SatOG. For people who hadn't seen the earlier pages, It is just another of those mini-game Wii games. But IMO I did have some fun with it, I mean it's not a total failure. Your arms and shoulders can hurt after a while playing the Running & Swimming events. It is not for people who hate casual games however. I am a hardcore gamer that can appreciate casual games. Thus, that is why I am fond of the Miis. And it is also why I actually like this game. All those people who hate these kind of games shouldn't come and flame me for liking it. My username is SONICMARIO, it means I like both series: no matter how casual or hardcore the game is. I haven't quite got all the events, but I got a gist of them. (And personally, I hate the Archery one).

But yeah, I will forget this a lot once Brawl comes out. And maybe Galaxy will also put off some time of it. =D
The game look great and I am going to buy it tomorrow, anyway I have a few friends that are interested not to mention my brother.

SonicMario

Smash Master
@SiD: Unfortunely, it is $50.

@HolyNightmare: Man, do I wish I had your brother. My own bro won't play it with me. And I have no friends to call to come over :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom