• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
hmm... I'm confused, I thought that the E event was suppose to take place today according to the Dojo
It is taking place, it had...

There are videos and some characters have been deconfirmed because of it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
do you mind giving me a link to some of these videos because i'm anxious to know what we can or won't expect
Sorry, can't find it...It's posted in the last couple pages of either the Ridley thread, Wolf Thread or Wiseguys thread...

RDK

Smash Hero
Apparently Wolf is an alt costume of Fox...and Dixie (Without the hair for some reason) is an alt of Diddy. That's all right now...
.....I despise that idea.

Wolf needs his own character, and Dixie needs to stay the hell away.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I also heard Sonic alternate costume are made of various blue mix and that Link has a Dark Link costume, of course there's alway that Tails being an assist trophy rumor but I doubt that one is real would be stupid if he appear randomly on the demo.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Sonic Vs Ike in Norfair, Sonic can use his Peelout from Sonic CD it seem.
Also Super Sonic pwnage near the end of the video....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D533pueDHLc
Well, the two playing don't seem very good, but it does look like Super Sonic is more responsive than the initial looks made him out to be. There was some fairly quickly direction changing going on in there. Thats good - makes it so hes not worthless vs anyone who knows how to dodge.

Zevox

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Zevox

Smash Lord
Ugh.
Why is it always Sonic getting all of the smash balls in all of the videos?
It's getting old. :/
Probably his speed. One would expect its a lot easier to get one of those when you have the easier time reaching it first.

Zevox

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Screw the Silver costume, Shadow Im ok with. Sonic FM, I wanna see more more more more more. Lol. Cant get enough Sonic ownage. THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL WANTED!

The Super Sonic part was cool.
But that vid sucked, they were all total newbs!

I know i know, "but Sieg the new Wii remote is different" I dont care you dont walk over and stand next to some1 or just use Morphball bombs. Lawlz to people.

Well, I love Kirby, (My name, Sieg King Kirby), and it looks like they got ride of his running A, No more Flame Kirby. Looks like they changed it him spinning upside down, using arms to spin and legs extended out like a helicopter.

Also, in the Pit/Mario video, right at the end. Such a Sonic reference from Sonic 3 and Knuckles Flying Battery Zone.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
her final smash doesn't seem as high tier as her character. it says that the closer you are, the deeper the sleep. sure, it's bad when it's 1 on 1, but the old expression "bring a friend you can run faster than" can help out quite a bit, so it's easier for individual players to avoid in a 4 person brawl

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
first of all, this really isn't the place for peach updates

2nd off, smash balls are items which are turned off in pro games which means it doesn't effect tier

finally: the smash is a lot better than you think It has a lot of flexibility:
-if foes have high damage, smash 'em dead
-if you have a lot of damage, eat lot's of peaches
- if you have an ally, make good use of both factors.

it takes some thought, but it's a really great smash

Sinn

Smash Lord
Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lotta peaches...

I think the no Final Smashes in competitive play kinda sucks. If anything, I would prefer them to be the only item on, set to very low. We don't want to never get to play as Super Sonic, do we...?

Flister

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flister
Has anyone told yet what Sonic's victory tune is? I'm really hoping for the Sonic 3 (and beyond) level complete one. One video showed Sonic win but those girls were screaming too loud :urg:

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone told yet what Sonic's victory tune is? I'm really hoping for the Sonic 3 (and beyond) level complete one. One video showed Sonic win but those girls were screaming too loud :urg:
That's a good point. I think it should be something from the Dreamcast Sonic games myself, give more of a "3-D but retro" feel to it.

Flister

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flister
That's a good point. I think it should be something from the Dreamcast Sonic games myself, give more of a "3-D but retro" feel to it.
Well that's why I think the Sonic 3 one would be best, since it's been kept as the finishing tune in most Sonic games since then (Adventure 1&2, Heroes, Rivals and '06).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic thread moved to it's official spot...

This place is being remade over to resemble the Melee

smashbot226

Smash Master
Fine by me, Incarnate.

So, who thinks Sonic is for experts? ME!

He is a speed demon, but over half of the people I have seen play as Sonic have spinned off the stage. He is the first I have seen with a new aerial BV: Sonic Diving Kick. I called it that...

His B moves are good, although I am not sure what his neutral B is. And his Final Smash is Middle Tier.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
get your fact's straight, these are sliders from Kirby Super Star.
I know, I was making a joke (seeing how this is a Sonic thread) calm down. "gets your facts straight" take a chill pill.

Anyway, Sorry I havnt posted my new Sonic for Brawl Comic. I;m not using sprotes this time, hand drawing.
Still working on Masahiro Sakurai Comic form, wanna see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom