• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hmm... since there's a chance that my precious main (jigglypuff) is being removed, I guess I'll have to seriously consider switching to sonic's spindash in place of jigglypuff's rollout

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
hmm... since there's a chance that my precious main (jigglypuff) is being removed, I guess I'll have to seriously consider switching to sonic's spindash in place of jigglypuff's rollout
I highly doubt Jigglypuff is being removed

No character that has ever been secret that is a veteran has been revealed yet for some reason...

They will eventually

Jiggs is always the first unlockable

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually guessing Sonic is gonna be a high tier character. in melee, all the fast characters were high tier, so Sonic's gonna be up there some where

But here's a question, how do you think we're gonna have to unlock Sonic?

it's gonna be something to do with speed. perhaps we'll have to beat Classic mode, any difficulty, one stock, under 15 mins. or maybe (due to long side scrolling maps now more abundant because of subspace) there will be an event match (if they come back) where you have to beat Sonic in a race.

I'm going for the second one. we had to do the same for Ganondorf and Pichuin the previous game

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I hear alot of people saying he's a default. Who knows?

I'm not playing smash seriously with any other character but Sonic.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Stage idea for Sonic! Egg Carrier...

I just remembered this Song...which I heard a lot in Sonic's Adventure

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M_8cv9Fi8K0

Oh hell, apparently there is an Ice Cap in Sonic's Adventure...that's not the one I was refering to earlier BTW just in case...I think it's in Sonic 2 or 3 or something

Garuda

Smash Ace
STILL hard for me to believe that he's in... I feel like, well, a piece of crap and I'm sorry for my stupid negativity.

Anyway, if he is unlockable, it's possible (but somewhat unlikely) that he'll be unlocked as soon as you meet him in the Subspace Emissary.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Since we're in it's own section. We're going to see alot more n00b Sonic Fanatics so...

Be prepared for Sonic n00bishness!!!! (Later anyway...)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I love sonic, but you know, I'm going to have to award sonic the title:

"The Official Character of N00bs"

he just edged out Meta knight.... not that only n00bs will be playing one of these 2 characters, just that, if a person is a n00b, chances are he will be playing sonic or meta knight

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Thank god this thread FINALLY slowed down, most of the posts are by SSS members again

So, for those who don't know his neutral B is that homing attacks
His side and down B are basically the same

I heard he's the fastest character, and being able to jump out of his spin dashes makes him look easy enough to combo with

his recolors suck though =\

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hopefully they were really that bad just because it was a demo and that, by the time the real game rolls around, he will have better recolours.... like, maybe, recolouring his fur

Mr Sonicspeed

Smash Cadet
which are made of the same material as fur

so basically hedgehogs are made of fingernails
ewwww but anyway I'm maining sonic I have been playing as falco fox shiek hoping it would help with the speed and from vid I saw sonic allways gets the smash ball but when I read the sonic guide the guy that wrote that seemed to be haveing troble geting the smash ball....odd

Mr Sonicspeed

Smash Cadet
use Luigi and C Falcon, speed and hard control lol

maybe M2

Either way Sonic looks awesome

out of all the charcaters shown I can't decide between Ike and Sonic
ok thanks I'll use them more often too
and if your like me if you don't know which one to pick just think what game you like better Sonic games or FE games if you don't like that judge by vids or wait for the game to come out.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad to see Sonic is in.

Although now I'm having a hard time making up my mind who to main.

And after watching quite a few vids, Sonic tempts me even further :laugh:.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Kind of an off-topic comment but I hope they have Espio in Brawl, as a skin (if they implement skins or alt costumes) or as a seperate character. That would be sick.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.

he just edged out Meta knight.... not that only n00bs will be playing one of these 2 characters, just that, if a person is a n00b, chances are he will be playing sonic or meta knight
Sonic is not for n00bs, I just got back from E for All and he is wicked hard to control.

Omg He is so awesome!!!!

I didnt get a chance to get off all of his moves but I did win 3/4 matches. 2 min each matches, you all know.

Didn't have a chance to get off all of his grabs just so much of a rush, so much to do and only 2 min each!! Ill post pix later (from my booty cell phone) but here is what I did get.

Up Smash: Charges his Spin Ball, depending on how long charged, he goes into the air (straight line) and does a Samus Screw Ball type hit.
Down Smash: Charges and does a Mario hit wise, Not style, break dance attack.
Side Smash: (we all know) Charges a spinning fist and punches with a little extra length.

Down Grab: Throws enemy on ground and spinballs on their stomach.
Up Grab: Short toss enemy into air, bends head/chest 4word then jump/jolts up a little and use his quillz to quikly *** them.

Back A in Air: Back kick.
Up A in Air: Drill Kick up to the Sky!
Down A in Air: Fast Downword meteor-like kick, you cant change direction once used. He thrusts diagonally down in the direction your facing.
Forword A in Air: He lines his body horizontal and spins with his fists out, (kind of like Pikachu's but different motion).

A-A-A: Right Punch, Left Punch, Kick!

Up B: Spring.
Ground: Spring stays on ground, Sonic goes way up (we all know). Can jumo after.
Air: Spring falls and hurts enemy if lands on them (about 6% damage). Can jump after and preform a 2nd B type move (exept Up B).
Down B ground/Air:
Ground: Charge and damages multi enemies in a line.
Air: Same kinda thing like Jiggly's (but you can stop it right when you hit ground.
Side B Ground/Air:
Ground: Charge Spin Ball and can damage multi enemy for a short distance. Mainly used to combo people.
Ex: Charge Side B, let go, hit enemy, follow them into air and combo again (can jump after this for more air time).
Air: Used to get back on stage. If used in air, when released you jump forword into the air al gets longer jump after.
B Ground/Air:
Ground: As move is charging Sonic rises into the air once released of reaches maximum hight he releases toward closest enemy.
Air: Same as ground exept not as much rise while in air, but also used as Side B in air to help save your self (not as good but still works).

Recover from ground: Spins around, same style as Mario's but with more range.
Recover from edge: More then one (this is the one I used), He gets up fast and punches.

I didnt get any of his tilts in, sorry.

Different Costums!
What change with Sonic is the end of his glove bands, The rolled up part. Not Hands.

Sonic Normal
Lighter Blue with Yellow end gloves.
Different Blue Toned (couldnt tell lighter or darker weird) With Green end gloves.
Little Darker Blue Toned with kinda rounder square Red end gloves.
Darkest Blue with normal style end gloves exept colored Black!
(Sorry, No Shadow)

(DARK LINK! RED EYES! LOOKS AWESOME!)

Sonic's Final Smash is really glossy, easy enough to control if you dont tils it too far. I used it each time and its fun! Its not really that Super Good. If an enemy has about 25-% they dont go very far. Their flying distance depends on how fast you come in on them.
Ex: Say they have 20%. You are right next to them and go to hit them, they wont fly that far, maybe a little into the air.
OR say you and them are on almost complete different sides of the stage and to zoom to them, their gunna go flying a little bit, but if they have 35+% they flying fast, but not dead. Lol.
Also, don't worry about flying to fast and killing your self by hitting the end of the stage b4 you stop. You cant, If your Super Sonic and you fly straight at the end of the stage. You wont die. Just come back b4 it ends.
After you Final Smash, you can jump! So again, dont worry about being off the stage and falling to your doom, Save yourself!
(Kinda sounds like a Smash Bros Post, Lol.)

He is fast, no more need for L-canceling. Their is such little lag time on any of the characters, its not even needed.

When you Air Dodge , you only move in the direction your facing. Couldnt really pull off a Wave Dash on the Classic Controller or the Wii Remote (sucks to use for Brawl, I think, CC way better) but I think it was taken out with the new style of Air Dodge.
If you see what you may think is a Wave Dash in a video, its not. Thats how you land!
If you do see this, it is like a Wave Dash, but not. From this you are only moving the direction your heading, can do a move right out of it, but not able to be done from a short jump.

Thats all for now! Ill Post pix of E for All later!

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman

eh, i know that is likey, but i really hope not. I would like to hope that when they game gets in people's hands different characters will balance out, or something. I'm just the kind of person that plays certain characters soley on my personal liking of the character, not how good they are in the game. i find it irritating to be instantly branded by some people when choosing certain characters, etc.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Sonic is not for n00bs, I just got back from E for All and he is wicked hard to control.

Omg He is so awesome!!!!

I didnt get a chance to get off all of his moves but I did win 3/4 matches. 2 min each matches, you all know.

Didn't have a chance to get off all of his grabs just so much of a rush, so much to do and only 2 min each!! Ill post pix later (from my booty cell phone) but here is what I did get.

Up Smash: Charges his Spin Ball, depending on how long charged, he goes into the air (straight line) and does a Samus Screw Ball type hit.
Down Smash: Charges and does a Mario hit wise, Not style, break dance attack.
Side Smash: (we all know) Charges a spinning fist and punches with a little extra length.

Down Grab: Throws enemy on ground and spinballs on their stomach.
Up Grab: Short toss enemy into air, bends head/chest 4word then jump/jolts up a little and use his quillz to quikly *** them.

Back A in Air: Back kick.
Up A in Air: Drill Kick up to the Sky!
Down A in Air: Fast Downword meteor-like kick, you cant change direction once used. He thrusts diagonally down in the direction your facing.
Forword A in Air: He lines his body horizontal and spins with his fists out, (kind of like Pikachu's but different motion).

A-A-A: Right Punch, Left Punch, Kick!

Up B: Spring.
Ground: Spring stays on ground, Sonic goes way up (we all know). Can jumo after.
Air: Spring falls and hurts enemy if lands on them (about 6% damage). Can jump after and preform a 2nd B type move (exept Up B).
Down B ground/Air:
Ground: Charge and damages multi enemies in a line.
Air: Same kinda thing like Jiggly's (but you can stop it right when you hit ground.
Side B Ground/Air:
Ground: Charge Spin Ball and can damage multi enemy for a short distance. Mainly used to combo people.
Ex: Charge Side B, let go, hit enemy, follow them into air and combo again (can jump after this for more air time).
Air: Used to get back on stage. If used in air, when released you jump forword into the air al gets longer jump after.
B Ground/Air:
Ground: As move is charging Sonic rises into the air once released of reaches maximum hight he releases toward closest enemy.
Air: Same as ground exept not as much rise while in air, but also used as Side B in air to help save your self (not as good but still works).

Recover from ground: Spins around, same style as Mario's but with more range.
Recover from edge: More then one (this is the one I used), He gets up fast and punches.

I didnt get any of his tilts in, sorry.

Different Costums!
What change with Sonic is the end of his glove bands, The rolled up part. Not Hands.

Sonic Normal
Lighter Blue with Yellow end gloves.
Different Blue Toned (couldnt tell lighter or darker weird) With Green end gloves.
Little Darker Blue Toned with kinda rounder square Red end gloves.
Darkest Blue with normal style end gloves exept colored Black!
(Sorry, No Shadow)

(DARK LINK! RED EYES! LOOKS AWESOME!)

Sonic's Final Smash is really glossy, easy enough to control if you dont tils it too far. I used it each time and its fun! Its not really that Super Good. If an enemy has about 25-% they dont go very far. Their flying distance depends on how fast you come in on them.
Ex: Say they have 20%. You are right next to them and go to hit them, they wont fly that far, maybe a little into the air.
OR say you and them are on almost complete different sides of the stage and to zoom to them, their gunna go flying a little bit, but if they have 35+% they flying fast, but not dead. Lol.
Also, don't worry about flying to fast and killing your self by hitting the end of the stage b4 you stop. You cant, If your Super Sonic and you fly straight at the end of the stage. You wont die. Just come back b4 it ends.
After you Final Smash, you can jump! So again, dont worry about being off the stage and falling to your doom, Save yourself!
(Kinda sounds like a Smash Bros Post, Lol.)

He is fast, no more need for L-canceling. Their is such little lag time on any of the characters, its not even needed.

When you Air Dodge , you only move in the direction your facing. Couldnt really pull off a Wave Dash on the Classic Controller or the Wii Remote (sucks to use for Brawl, I think, CC way better) but I think it was taken out with the new style of Air Dodge.
If you see what you may think is a Wave Dash in a video, its not. Thats how you land!
If you do see this, it is like a Wave Dash, but not. From this you are only moving the direction your heading, can do a move right out of it, but not able to be done from a short jump.

Thats all for now! Ill Post pix of E for All later!
Putting it up for the new page. Hope you guys Like it!

E for All Was Awesome!

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I hope Sonic isn't too hard to control. I suck with Fox in Melee. I know this is Brawl, but if I can't handle fast characters then I am screwed. xP I always prefered Falco over Fox.

I bet Sonic isn't too bad. I'll have to give him a go when I unlock his blue ***.

SiegK

Smash Champion
I hope Sonic isn't too hard to control. I suck with Fox in Melee. I know this is Brawl, but if I can't handle fast characters then I am screwed. xP I always prefered Falco over Fox.

I bet Sonic isn't too bad. I'll have to give him a go when I unlock his blue ***.

Sonic is way faster than Fox in Melee. Sorry. Its crazy fast.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Thanks for the info SiegK.

Not on topic, but did you play as anyone else?
Yeah. Got in a Mario, Link, Diddy, Meta Knight and an Ike.

Ike is totally bad ***, btw. Lol.

He has Marth's jump Roy's power (without the lag), and he is slow but not enough to be a factor against him.

Plus, His Final Smash owns. But its on of those that if you miss, it goes away.

You Slash the enemy, they go into the air, you chase em up (locked) dominant them and force slash them to the ground with you (Kirby Up B style) They then explode like Roy's Full charged B and fo flyng straight up. Its Ownage.

rocky9494

Smash Cadet
Awesome I might reconsider playing as Ike. How was Mario and MetaKnight.

On Topic-I hope they have a stage and item for Sonic.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
@siegK: lol didn't I already do this here: (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3093414#post3093414) We should probably work together to make one superior combined report. Also, if you're going back tomorrow (I'm not) I would appreciate if you could test a few things. Primarily, I'm not certain of the mechanics of his side and down bs. Exactly which moves can cancel these attacks? What determines the direction of Sonic's bounce on his side-b (I suspect a side-b from the ground leads to sonic bouncing after his foe whereas as a side b from the air leads to him bouncing back. That at least makes sense in light of Sakurai's description ( http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/sonic.html). Finally if you could get the exact percent any of his moves deal that would obviously be a big help. Thanks.

SiegK

Smash Champion
@siegK: lol didn't I already do this here: (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3093414#post3093414) We should probably work together to make one superior combined report. Also, if you're going back tomorrow (I'm not) I would appreciate if you could test a few things. Primarily, I'm not certain of the mechanics of his side and down bs. Exactly which moves can cancel these attacks? What determines the direction of Sonic's bounce on his side-b (I suspect a side-b from the ground leads to sonic bouncing after his foe whereas as a side b from the air leads to him bouncing back. That at least makes sense in light of Sakurai's description ( http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/sonic.html). Finally if you could get the exact percent any of his moves deal that would obviously be a big help. Thanks.
Naw, im not going back tomorrow. Too much stuff to do. But wasnt it awesome! Hard to test moves when you onlt have 2 min. Lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom