• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
^^ Have to agree with you 100 times on that.... I have to practice with the fast characters to get a feel for it bu the time Brawl is out. Well I know that M&S@TOG will still give the feel of Mario and Sonic togetherness, well at least I hope it delivers so.

RDK

Smash Hero
Since Brawl got pushed back even farther, I'm starting to think about actually getting Olympic Games to tide me over until Brawl comes out.

Who knows? It might actually be good.

*THINKS ABOUT THAT STATEMENT*

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Since Brawl got pushed back even farther, I'm starting to think about actually getting Olympic Games to tide me over until Brawl comes out.

Who knows? It might actually be good.

*THINKS ABOUT THAT STATEMENT*
True, but I played Super Mario Galaxy at E for All and Its a pretty cool game, their smart to push back Brawl so that it could get some air time. People really could get into this game.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
really? can I give it a go?

SONIC'S in Brawl! suck it HATERS

wow, it does feel good.

I don't mind the delay either, but I fear that we wont get Brawl until after march. Ya know, with Europe having more than one language and all.

SiegK

Smash Champion
really? can I give it a go?

SONIC'S in Brawl! suck it HATERS

wow, it does feel good.

I don't mind the delay either, but I fear that we wont get Brawl until after march. Ya know, with Europe having more than one language and all.
Does feel good, huh?
Anyway.

I see where your coming from, but its not going to be a world wide launch, will it? I dont think it will be.

March? Thats going far for my taste. I Dont need to Play Super Mario Galaxy that long b4 Brawl. Lol.
(Feb 10th is too long for me)

Edit: Update Blows.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ya know...Sonic should loose rings whenever he is hit...

They should have thought about that...

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Lol that'd be hella annoying if someone rapidly hit him (like Shieks jab) and all you hear is that ring sound effect..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol that'd be hella annoying if someone rapidly hit him (like Shieks jab) and all you hear is that ring sound effect..
Or it could only happen when he is killed in Stamina/ Knocked down

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
nah. I think a ring should be his item. like, if you pick one up, you get one hit which does no damage. it'd be a life saver against a falcon punch or a final smash which does one hit

anywho, I was currently writting a new fanfiction on smash bros for fanfiction.net. why tell you guys? well, apart from Whyt, my original character (I thought him up before is joined the forum (oh yeah, he's british too)) Sonic is gonna be one of my characters that I focus on. I'm trying to limit it to three, so i don't have to work hard on 22 individual stories, and then more as an increasing amount of franchises enter.

so, here's a snippet, and I'll give you a link when I put it on the site:

Whyt was brought out of the virtual world and into the pod. As he stepped out, he held his stomach and mouth, as if he was going to be sick
“Are you alright?” Master Hand asked
“Well, no. Can I-” Whyt started
“Very well, glad you’re fine,” the house master stated. He then pressed a big, round, shiny, and overly tempting button on the keypad, “Sonic. Sonic to the admin room please.” A second or two later, the door behind them creaked open and a four foot tall blue creature stood, rubbing his eyes, his night cap still perched on his head. Whyt raised an eyebrow. He had never seen something like this, especially one who wore white gloves and red shoes, “Whyt, this is Sonic the Hedgehog, one of our newer occupants. Sonic, this is Whyt Diablos. He just arrived this morning from Tera.”
“Yeah, hi,” Sonic started, “Master Hand, when is my room going to get heating? It’s freezing up there, and this hat is starting to itch.”
“Sonic, for the last time, we are still developing,” Master Hand explained, “Ike seems to be coping”
“That’s because he controls fire! He’s developed natural warmth! The last time I had anything to do with fire, I was shot in the heart by some genie’s magic arrow!” Sonic exclaimed, finding new energy from his anger
“… Say, why don’t you give Whyt a bit of a tour? Just a little walk around until lunch, alright?” Master Hand asked
“But what about-”
“Alright?” Master hand’s statement was so daunting, it called for some dramatic lighting and evil music. Sonic gulped, and cowered back a little
“So… Whyt, was it?”

hope you like it :)

Steel Braxus

Smash Cadet
Nice fan fiction dude, but this doesn't seem like the right location for it.

I'm glad the Blue Blur made it into Brawl though. Hopefully he'll control like his old-school self on the Sega Genesis. Those were the last great Sonic games.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Nice fan fiction dude, but this doesn't seem like the right location for it.

I'm glad the Blue Blur made it into Brawl though. Hopefully he'll control like his old-school self on the Sega Genesis. Those were the last great Sonic games.
I agree, this should be posted somewhere else.
Cool and all, but it seems to be more of a fan fic personal blog kinda thing.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Sonic is not for n00bs, I just got back from E for All and he is wicked hard to control.

Omg He is so awesome!!!!

I didnt get a chance to get off all of his moves but I did win 3/4 matches. 2 min each matches, you all know.

Didn't have a chance to get off all of his grabs just so much of a rush, so much to do and only 2 min each!! Ill post pix later (from my booty cell phone) but here is what I did get.

Up Smash: Charges his Spin Ball, depending on how long charged, he goes into the air (straight line) and does a Samus Screw Ball type hit.
Down Smash: Charges and does a Mario hit wise, Not style, break dance attack.
Side Smash: (we all know) Charges a spinning fist and punches with a little extra length.

Down Grab: Throws enemy on ground and spinballs on their stomach.
Up Grab: Short toss enemy into air, bends head/chest 4word then jump/jolts up a little and use his quillz to quikly *** them.

Back A in Air: Back kick.
Up A in Air: Drill Kick up to the Sky!
Down A in Air: Fast Downword meteor-like kick, you cant change direction once used. He thrusts diagonally down in the direction your facing.
Forword A in Air: He lines his body horizontal and spins with his fists out, (kind of like Pikachu's but different motion).

A-A-A: Right Punch, Left Punch, Kick!

Up B: Spring.
Ground: Spring stays on ground, Sonic goes way up (we all know). Can jumo after.
Air: Spring falls and hurts enemy if lands on them (about 6% damage). Can jump after and preform a 2nd B type move (exept Up B).
Down B ground/Air:
Ground: Charge and damages multi enemies in a line.
Air: Same kinda thing like Jiggly's (but you can stop it right when you hit ground.
Side B Ground/Air:
Ground: Charge Spin Ball and can damage multi enemy for a short distance. Mainly used to combo people.
Ex: Charge Side B, let go, hit enemy, follow them into air and combo again (can jump after this for more air time).
Air: Used to get back on stage. If used in air, when released you jump forword into the air al gets longer jump after.
B Ground/Air:
Ground: As move is charging Sonic rises into the air once released of reaches maximum hight he releases toward closest enemy.
Air: Same as ground exept not as much rise while in air, but also used as Side B in air to help save your self (not as good but still works).

Recover from ground: Spins around, same style as Mario's but with more range.
Recover from edge: More then one (this is the one I used), He gets up fast and punches.

I didnt get any of his tilts in, sorry.

Different Costums!
What change with Sonic is the end of his glove bands, The rolled up part. Not Hands.

Sonic Normal
Lighter Blue with Yellow end gloves.
Different Blue Toned (couldnt tell lighter or darker weird) With Green end gloves.
Little Darker Blue Toned with kinda rounder square Red end gloves.
Darkest Blue with normal style end gloves exept colored Black!
(Sorry, No Shadow)

(DARK LINK! RED EYES! LOOKS AWESOME!)

Sonic's Final Smash is really glossy, easy enough to control if you dont tils it too far. I used it each time and its fun! Its not really that Super Good. If an enemy has about 25-% they dont go very far. Their flying distance depends on how fast you come in on them.
Ex: Say they have 20%. You are right next to them and go to hit them, they wont fly that far, maybe a little into the air.
OR say you and them are on almost complete different sides of the stage and to zoom to them, their gunna go flying a little bit, but if they have 35+% they flying fast, but not dead. Lol.
Also, don't worry about flying to fast and killing your self by hitting the end of the stage b4 you stop. You cant, If your Super Sonic and you fly straight at the end of the stage. You wont die. Just come back b4 it ends.
After you Final Smash, you can jump! So again, dont worry about being off the stage and falling to your doom, Save yourself!
(Kinda sounds like a Smash Bros Post, Lol.)

He is fast, no more need for L-canceling. Their is such little lag time on any of the characters, its not even needed.

When you Air Dodge , you only move in the direction your facing. Couldnt really pull off a Wave Dash on the Classic Controller or the Wii Remote (sucks to use for Brawl, I think, CC way better) but I think it was taken out with the new style of Air Dodge.
If you see what you may think is a Wave Dash in a video, its not. Thats how you land!
If you do see this, it is like a Wave Dash, but not. From this you are only moving the direction your heading, can do a move right out of it, but not able to be done from a short jump.

Thats all for now! Ill Post pix of E for All later!
Cause some1 asked for it.

E for All Was Awesome!

SiegK

Smash Champion
SiegK..You went to E 4 All? Dammit, I only live 4 hours from L.A. and couldn't go! I was so looking forward to playing as Sonic. I heard he's only for experts. ****..Oh well, I'll try to main him, cause I'm a smash n00b. (skills)
I wouldnt say that. but he does take a little more concentration to play than say Mario or other characters, cause hes so slick.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Ya i must say i\'m very happy to see the Blue hedgehog to make his grand appearance i had always assumed that he would be in brawl from the time they announced 3rd party characters i figured it would be stupid not to include him if you are including 3rd party people. And i\'m glade he\'s in i plan to use him as one of my main and he should be fun to use.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Someone needs to post some possible combos, or some combos that they saw.
In the first video we saw Sonic used a spindash followed by a jump the an up air,
then a spin dash again.

has anyone else seen something different?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He can jump from Spin Dash to practically any aerial attack from what I gather

SiegK

Smash Champion
A nice combo i did at E for All (once i got the hand of him *cough*4th game*cough*) was Up Grab, into charge B Home into them (right b4 you release ur homing, they should be near infront of u to the right and above), jump after Homing hit than Air Down A

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
yeah, but we get the actual sound, in the game trailers, the quality was annoying and it had some new music over it. so it's, kinda, a half step up of the gametrailers one. (heh, matrix diddy. always seems funny)

thanks for the mini reviews!

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
you're right. but what happens when an exciting update appears tomorrow? Last week's updates were kinda shoddy, maybe he's building up to something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom