• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
LMAO@Rex+

Touche, my friend.

And for the last time--Tails has 0% chance of making it in. It's already been explained a million times. Get over it, Tails fanboys.
No it hasn't and I destroyed all those arguments in the Tail thread. Go read the whole thread then get back to me. I even have media sources such as IGN and Gamespy that claim tails has a great chance of being in it. Not to mention the fact that Sakurai and the Smash creators have quoted as loving the old Sonic games. Even Miyamoto mentioned that. The creators keep saying that they have put a lot in this game, more then they have announced by far. In the interview at the new E3? Conference in San Fransisco, the Smash creator even said that they have only released about a fraction of the information about the game on the Dojo. Could it be that Megaman, Bomberman, Tails, Geno, all the people we want are in it? Could it be this game really is as big and exciting as the creators claim it to be? I have a lot of faith in what they are doing and so far they have not let me done with the updates (other then the delay).

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Yeah, but Megaman did start on Nintendo. So he does have a rather good chance, but I really don't care if he makes it or not. Although it would be pretty col if he did.

Also, I think Sakurai should have tracked down Jaleel White to voice Sonic again. I would laugh my @$$ off, "I'm WAITING!!!"lol. SatAM ftw!

edit: wow, I hate it when others post while I am typing, makes it look like I randomly posted on something stale. Oh well, it can't be helped. 'Tis all good. guys.

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK, you just gotta be the Debbie Downer, don't you?
It's what I do. ;)

No it hasn't and I destroyed all those arguments in the Tail thread. Go read the whole thread then get back to me. I even have media sources such as IGN and Gamespy that claim tails has a great chance of being in it. Not to mention the fact that Sakurai and the Smash creators have quoted as loving the old Sonic games. Even Miyamoto mentioned that. The creators keep saying that they have put a lot in this game, more then they have announced by far. In the interview at the new E3? Conference in San Fransisco, the Smash creator even said that they have only released about a fraction of the information about the game on the Dojo. Could it be that Megaman, Bomberman, Tails, Geno, all the people we want are in it? Could it be this game really is as big and exciting as the creators claim it to be? I have a lot of faith in what they are doing and so far they have not let me done with the updates (other then the delay).
So IGN and Gamespy n00bs are reliable sources as to who Sakurai is putting in Brawl?

Sakurai saying he loves the old Sonic games means Tails will be in?

Everyone knows they haven't released all the information on the Dojo. They're not posting it as they develop the game. Don't be ********, and don't insinuate that we are. You're arguments are weak, as is your grammar.

If Geno or Tails make it in, it will be a crying shame.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
aren't we a bit late already ;)
We still have a few months before the game is released. (Feb 10) Remember, it's just for the English version, so there isn't a rush to make the cut for the Japanese release date. And besides, what is Brawl? There aren't going to be any HUGE speaking parts, just a few grunts and screams and yelps, and probably since Sonic's one of those "charisma" characters (like CFalcon, Fox, or Falco) he'll get a few phrases and one-liners. This is nothing that couldn't be knocked out in one or two days at a studio; one week at max.

And, even though I love Tails, he's not any competition for Megaman. And since I've already got my blue blur, all I want now is my blue bomber. Gotta love 'em!

SiD

Smash Master
Geno still has a **** good chance RDK, since he's not really considered third party and he was second on the poll and all.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Geno still has a **** good chance RDK, since he's not really considered third party and he was second on the poll and all.
Geno is still Square Enix proprety, did you play Mario and Luigi:Super star saga by any chance?
He appeared as a cameo in that game but he was still listed as being borrowed in the credits.

RDK

Smash Hero
I know he has a good chance--I'm just saying it would suck epic-ly if he made the cut. I just don't like that he's got such a huge cult following when there are much more deserving and plausible characters, like Bomberman, who can also be considered 2nd party.

Who WOULDN'T want to use Bomberman in Brawl, at least just for the fun of it?

SiD

Smash Master
Geno is still Square Enix proprety, did you play Mario and Luigi:Super star saga by any chance?
He appeared as a cameo in that game but he was still listed as being borrowed in the credits.
Yes, I'm aware of that. Do you know what the word "considered" means?

I know he has a good chance--I'm just saying it would suck epic-ly if he made the cut. I just don't like that he's got such a huge cult following when there are much more deserving and plausible characters, like Bomberman, who can also be considered 2nd party.

Who WOULDN'T want to use Bomberman in Brawl, at least just for the fun of it?
That wouldn't suck, you just wouldn't like it. Again, he wouldn't take up a third party slot. Bomberman doesn't have much of a chance anyway.

And I'd personally rather have Geno than Bomberman anyway.

RDK

Smash Hero
I respect your opinion, but Geno is just incredibly unapetizing to me.

And yes, sucky is subjective, not a fact, lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We still have a few months before the game is released. (Feb 10) Remember, it's just for the English version, so there isn't a rush to make the cut for the Japanese release date. And besides, what is Brawl? There aren't going to be any HUGE speaking parts, just a few grunts and screams and yelps, and probably since Sonic's one of those "charisma" characters (like CFalcon, Fox, or Falco) he'll get a few phrases and one-liners. This is nothing that couldn't be knocked out in one or two days at a studio; one week at max.

And, even though I love Tails, he's not any competition for Megaman. And since I've already got my blue blur, all I want now is my blue bomber. Gotta love 'em!
hmm... you got a point there perhaps we should;) anyway like you said Tails is good and all but I'd much rather see him as an AT and Megaman as a playable because he is just Awesome!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I respect your opinion, but Geno is just incredibly unapetizing to me.

And yes, sucky is subjective, not a fact, lol.
Haha. I like your word choice. "Unappetizing".

I must say, I don't think I could STOMACH Geno much myself.

. . . Oh god, I ruined it.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Personally I am neutral with Geno, I don't understand how he got such a huge fanbase following him though.
Yeah he rocked in Super Mario Rpg but I can't believe he's still that loved I am quite impressed.
I can't ignore the fact Geno would sport a very good and original moveset, all his techniques were uniques and could easily fit as B moves.

RDK

Smash Hero
Did Sakurai reveal what Sonic's FS was in one of the videos? I keep hearing something about Sonic's Final Smash being known...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did Sakurai reveal what Sonic's FS was in one of the videos? I keep hearing something about Sonic's Final Smash being known...
It's super Sonic...you control Sonic flying around fast and anything that touches you is sent flying with a lot of damage

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
It was in his introduction vid, and a few of the game play vids from last week. Sonic's Final Smash is he turns into Super Sonic and flies around to whoop the shiz outta everyone.

edit: d***it!!! Foiled again!

RDK

Smash Hero
But your still behind the times. Lol. Sorry, jk. Didnt mean to kick the dead horse, i know 3 people have comented on this quote b4.
Jesus Christ, guys, lol.

Yeah, I've been kinda out of the loop for the past few weeks....you know, with college and all....

So all I really get is a quick glance at the Dojo every weekday. Now that I'm back, though, I'll be paying more attention so I don't get gangraped by you again, lol.

@ SiegK

I'm glad you despise Geno also.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I got my ticket. My Map. Im ready to play Brawl on Sat. Oh man, Sonic is gunna be in the palm of my hand...oh man...Im like hyperventilating. LOL.
You Californians and your perks. You disgust me.

I hope you have a good time. But I also wish you dead. It's a complicated emotion.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I would appreciate a detailed list of notes. Oh, and only post them on the SSS lol, just kidding. But seriously, notes please if you don't mind. I understand you will have other things to do.

edit: *sugh* yet another time.

RDK

Smash Hero
I hope you have a good time. But I also wish you dead. It's a complicated emotion.
LMFAO......I love you so much, Rhymes.

You Californians and your perks. You disgust me.
Yeah. It sucks living in Michigan. Every time you walk out of your house, you run the risk of choking to death on pollution or crashing to your death on the crappy road systems. And if that doesn't get you, the taxes will.

FIRE MILLEN!

P.S: You live in Novi, don't you, Rhymes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom