• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
How about this?
Hire Ryan back for Sonic, keep Jason Griffith for Shadow(Yes he also voice Shadow Lmao),keep Mike Pollock as Dr.Eggman and Bella Hudson for Blaze.
Everyone else can either stay or get replaced.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Eggman and blaze are the only acceptable one's to me. Otherwise, the old voice actors were oh so much better.

Also I already talked to a rep at nintendo and they said that they would forward it to the right people and that they had a lot of calls about the same thing.

SiD

Smash Master
Why would you want to keep that ******* for Shadow? The guy that did Shadow's voice in SA2 was WAY better for Shadow.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Eggman and blaze are the only acceptable one's to me. Otherwise, the old voice actors were oh so much better.

Also I already talked to a rep at nintendo and they said that they would forward it to the right people and that they had a lot of calls about the same thing.
What can Nintendo do?
They aren't in control of Sonic voice neither are Sega of America.

SiD

Smash Master
Well I disagree. I thought his original actor was much more badass sounding. They want Shadow to be an anti-hero, and I though David fit that role better, in addition to acting better. But I see where you're coming from.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Why do i find alot of similar things of 24 in 2 games that Shadow is in? In SA2, Robotnik gave the president 24 hours to hand over the emeralds, I always make a joke that the black screen with the timer does that all too familair "BEEP.... BEEP...BEEP... BEEP" with one corner showing Sonic running and another Robotnik is laughing manically. And in Shadow the Hedgehog Shadow has yelled and threatend in Jack Bauar in some cases.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't have that much fate in Tails. At best, Tails will be AT. But it is possible to go to to the more minor roles. Like a Sticker, Normal Trophy, Referenced to in Text, or no reference or appearence at all. I would love that Sonic & Tails VS. Mario & Luigi. But it would be considered favoritism to Sega in front of all other. Would you rather have Tails? or someone bigger like Megaman?

volbound1700

Smash Master
We could have both, why would it be favoritism for SEGA... is Smash brothers showing too much favoritism to Mario for Peach, Wario, Luigi, Bowser, Dr. Mario, etc. Sonic is a popular series with a lot of popular well known characters besides just Sonic.

SiD

Smash Master
We could have both, why would it be favoritism for SEGA... is Smash brothers showing too much favoritism to Mario for Peach, Wario, Luigi, Bowser, Dr. Mario, etc. Sonic is a popular series with a lot of popular well known characters besides just Sonic.
But it's a third party company, and Sakurai doesn't want to have too many of them in there. So having two Sonic chars but say, 1 capcom char wouldn't exactly be fair to Capcom or especially to their fans.

Either way, it won't happen, cause like I said, he doesn't want too many.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
What if each third party representent got a secret character? That could be possible.
Metal Gear Solid could get Raiden, Sonic the hedgehog could get Tails and If Megaman gets in he could have Protoman or Bass.

SonicMario

Smash Master
SIX?! I'm sorry but no. Maybe all could get AT or normal trophies but 6 out of what could be spots for Nintendo characters?! And FYI, Sonic will be unlockable. I don't think he'll be starter.

RDK

Smash Hero
Tails is not going to make it in. I wish people would get over that.

Sakurai isn't going to put in 2 characters from the same 3rd party francise. He's already stated multiple times he's keeping the 3rd parties limited, so if he's going to do more 3rd parties, it will be either Megaman or Bomberman.

Multiple 3rd party characters from the same franchise definetely won't make it.
10 CHARACTERS

SiD

Smash Master
You know, I don't remember Tails voice from Sonic Heroes. I've blocked that game from memory.

But I really hate his current one, he shouldn't sound like a gay man mixed with a girl.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
You know, I don't remember Tails voice from Sonic Heroes. I've blocked that game from memory.

But I really hate his current one, he shouldn't sound like a gay man mixed with a girl.
exactly but hes always sounded like that sadly anyays i dont think theyll be any more sonic reps if so it will be some one like knuckles but i think megaman should be in over any addtional sonic reps

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion

I have one thing to say if you chose to click this following link, this video may cause you to kill yourself because Tails voice acting was freaking **** in Sonic Heroes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FICImPyrJII

If you prefer this voice to the current one your insane.

SiD

Smash Master
Have you heard the current one? That voice at least sounds more like a boy, just with horrible acting. The current one sounds horrible, and still has bad voice acting. So call me insane, I'd prefer that one. Actuallly, **** that. I'd prefer a new one entirely.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Have you heard the current one? That voice at least sounds more like a boy, just with horrible acting. The current one sounds horrible, and still has bad voice acting. So call me insane, I'd prefer that one. Actuallly, **** that. I'd prefer a new one entirely.
The current voice sound a bit too girly for my taste but Amy Palent still act better then Corey Bringas who pretty much read all his lines in Sonic Adventure 1/2.

Exemple of Amy Palent acting:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K4C-PdC0...06 next gen generation Sonic's story part one

RDK

Smash Hero
Samuel L. Jackson already voices someone in Brawl. Himself.

Oops--did I just reveal that S.L. Jackson is a PC in Brawl? Sorry Sakurai. ;)

Final Smash? Getting Fed Up With These Mother ****ing Snakes on This Mother ****ing Plane Attack!

Rex+

Smash Ace
Okay, people.
After me, we've had two people say something to do with mother-****ing snakes on a mother-****ing plane. (this being the third).
Can't we try something else?

RDK

Smash Hero
Okay, people.
After me, we've had two people say something to do with mother-****ing snakes on a mother-****ing plane. (this being the third).
Can't we try something else?
Technically, mine was before yours (I was still typing) and it was also funnier, so you're the one that took it too far.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Look, here's a good demonstration of Sonic's voice in Brawl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVdn-7lvITw&mode=related&search=

Now, in my personal opinion, I don't think Drummond's voice is right on par. It's a bit too high for my taste, but it's a LOT better than that Griffith schmuck's voice. (Besides that, Drummond is a voice actor, he can tweak it... but y'know... whatever.)

But I have a question: Do we HAVE to call Nintendo? Can't we sign some sort of online petition? I'm just too lazy to pick up the phone. ;)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Tails and Megaman are not competing IMO. If one makes it, it doesn't lessen the change of the other. I have a funny feeling both of them are in the game.

RDK

Smash Hero
LMAO@Rex+

Touche, my friend.

And for the last time--Tails has 0% chance of making it in. It's already been explained a million times. Get over it, Tails fanboys.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Tails and Megaman are not competing IMO. If one makes it, it doesn't lessen the change of the other. I have a funny feeling both of them are in the game.
Truthfully, I don't think either one of them are in. I was even a little hesitant about Sonic, and he was the most likely 3rd party character.

But it's always good to stay optimistic.

RDK, you just gotta be the Debbie Downer, don't you? :p

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Tails may be in the game. But as an assist trophy. No need to have two 3rd party characters from the same franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom