• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
cool idea, but the stage really isn't a stage that's standout enough... I mean it's just an arbitrary sonic stage

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yes... honestly this is much better... I love flying fortress's music and, in addition, it's just what the sonic stage should be:
1) it's from an old school sonic game.
2) it's a sidescroller: I mean, what is sonic whithout movement? so what would his stage be if it didn't do justice to the old fashioned sidescroller?

I mean, obviously this map has some faults (mainly the HIGH prevalence of gay camping spots... but they wouldn't be too much of an issue with a scrolling stage.) and the likelihood of flying fortress making it in before emerald hill is slim

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Nope. Lol. i was going to make that, But I thought if Sonic is in Brawl (Which he is!) Then I didnt want to ruin it cause they would probly use it for him. I was going to leave that one to them, as not to give my hopes up if I liked mine better. Ill find mt other one.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Jeesh Dawg, calm down. You can like another stage even if it isn't likely to get in.
heh... yes I guess... I just have this weird thing about perfection sometimes.

well... to be brutally honest, because I find it's worse to lie, the only on of those that I really liked was flying fortress... but if it's any consolation, I REALLY did like it... I mean I could just imagine how fun, and frustrating that stage could be... <_< I hope those %@$#& propellers wouldn't be as irritating as they are in sonic 2 though

SiegK

Smash Champion

If all characters are in direct line of the alter in the center, then the stage changes.
A Beam sucks up all characters and moves them up.

Same thing, if all characters are in direct middle, the stage goes under.

heh... yes I guess... I just have this weird thing about perfection sometimes.
Whats that mean? I made each stage perfect to the Level it was based on.
Not liking something and being a perfetionist are too way different things.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

If all characters are in direct line of the alter in the center, then the stage changes.
A Beam sucks up all characters and moves them up.

Same thing, if all characters are in direct middle, the stage goes under.
hmm... I like the stage, but I'm not a big fan of the mechanism for stage change just because it does not lend itself to brawling. in a pitched battle, the odds of 4 characters all being that close together is slim. so you'd have to really try to change the stage... maybe something a bit more violent could suffice?

Whats that mean? I made each stage perfect to the Level it was based on.
Not liking something and being a perfetionist are too way different things.
no not that I meant in the sense that I was being too nitpicky about the hypothetical suggestion. I always overrationalize and overanalyze hypotheticals. So I guess I often wouldn't give a second chance to an unlikely suggestion even one that was well done

SiegK

Smash Champion
hmm... I like the stage, but I'm not a big fan of the mechanism for stage change just because it does not lend itself to brawling. in a pitched battle, the odds of 4 characters all being that close together is slim. so you'd have to really try to change the stage... maybe something a bit more violent could suffice?
Personaly, Im sick of all the effect stages in Brawl. Thereform I made this stage. Its the size of Final Destination, so yeah. Its big. And sure something happens to keep it alive, but for the most part. We need a still stage in Brawl.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Personaly, Im sick of all the effect stages in Brawl. Thereform I made this stage. Its the size of Final Destination, so yeah. Its big. And sure something happens to keep it alive, but for the most part. We need a still stage in Brawl.
there is a point there, but either version of this stage seems fairly similar so I think it would be fine to transform more often...

... then again, some horribly cruel person might make the stage chane to stop someone trying to return to the edge

SiegK

Smash Champion
there is a point there, but either version of this stage seems fairly similar so I think it would be fine to transform more often...

... then again, some horribly cruel person might make the stage chane to stop someone trying to return to the edge
The length of both stages is the same, just one is lke Final D. and the other is Final D with a roof. Whats the problem? The Change would be like Castle Siege, flat while changing.

Any more complaints? Lol.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The length of both stages is the same, just one is lke Final D. and the other is Final D with a roof. Whats the problem? The Change would be like Castle Siege, flat while changing.

Any more complaints? Lol.
nope... but I'll be sure to try to think of some if you want.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't remember Meowth as a pokeball until that update came out.

I started to wonder if they would bring back other things, like Board the Platforms or stuff like that...

Cenedar

Smash Ace
heh, I just had to post this. it's a pair of links to really good and true songs. I'm planning to do an analytical review of the consoles and put it on youtube, but for PS3, I think someone beat me to it

Song 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVo...60 sony microsoft sucks konami metal gear gta

Song 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNh...n playstation 3 sony entertainment of america
Ah nothing like ripping into Sony to get my mood back up. Those were funny.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Just a random post, recently videos on youtube have been floating around about sonic's voice being played by Ryan Drummond (hope i spelled that right) Instead of that not so great 4kids voice actor, Jason Griffith.

If you don't know who these people are, then let me give you a little backround. Before the sonic games' "downfall" they had a different voice cast for the games. These voice actors in most people's eyes were BETTER than the new ones by a long shot. The voice actors are one of the biggest disappointments of the newer sonic games.

Anyway, the youtube videos said that you could call nintendo and tell a representative to forward the request for this different voice to the developers of super smash bros. Popularity got sonic in the game in the first place, so if we call nintendo enough then they might just get Ryan Drummond to do sonic's voice in brawl.

Call Nintendo, talk to a representative, tell them you want Ryan Drummond to voice sonic in brawl, and maybe this will happen.

The number is: 1-800-255-3700

It will take only a minute of your time, and the representatives are nice and supportive.

SiD

Smash Master
They already have the voicework done dude, don't bother. Besides, I think it's Ryan Drummond already, sounds like him to me.

SiD

Smash Master
You don't want the current cast replaced? THey all suck. And this isn't meant to bash Tails, but his is the worst voice of all.

And Dyce, I disagree. Go look at videos that have their voices, then watch the Sonic trailer.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
You don't want the current cast replaced? THey all suck. And this isn't meant to bash Tails, but his is the worst voice of all.

And Dyce, I disagree. Go look at videos that have their voices, then watch the Sonic trailer.
Sorry but Mike Pollock doesn't suck, nor does Bella Hudson(Blaze voice actress).
Tails is far from being the the worst in the voice department but he can be replaced I don't care, Cream , Rouge, Vector are the worst voice in my opinion.

SiD

Smash Master
Who's Mike Pollock voice?

Either way, Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and Shadow were WAY better back with the old actors, and I'd like to see them back.

I like the new Eggman though, from Sonic NextGen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom