• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Dude, the only huge difference between that and the other 3D titles is that it's much easier to go backwards and turn...

You still go ONE way in all 3D games.

It may be on rails, but it's still challenging.
I never said it's not challenging, but you don't always go one way. You could explore, stop and think a bit, have some platforming that didn't conrol like an ***.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the game controls like an aas.

SiD

Smash Master
Reviewers are not something to go by. It is not a good game, it controlls horribly, and being on rails in anti sonic.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I never said it's not challenging, but you don't always go one way. You could explore, stop and think a bit, have some platforming that didn't conrol like an ***.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the game controls like an aas.
We can go on like this for hours, so let's leave it at this: I think the game is okay, and you despise it.

Also, what is an "aas?"

xeno121

Smash Rookie
I wonder what Sonic's alt colors would be. I'm still hoping you can unlock a Shadow alt costume.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
ok, g 2 get this out of the way first: OMG OMG OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT, HES ACTUALLY IN BRAWL OMG OMG THIS IS LIKE THE MOST AMAZING THING SINCE LINK STABBING GANONDORF IN WINDWAKER I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WERE U EXPECTING IT?!? NO U WEREN'T!!! PWNAGE!!!! OMG, THIS IS SO AWESOME... ok, i think im done. now, down to business.

@kunitsuna: yes, he can be arrogant, but that's like the best part of his personality! he's just not the same as a more plump emotionless rodent who always runs at the same speed. and captain olimar belongs as an assist trophy, he'd be awesome as an AT not an actual char. what moves would he have?

ok, i just want to say in advance that although he's probly going to run fast and have quick turning, im betting he'll be top-heavy and slow to accelerate. it's just a hunch. spindashing had better be as quick if not quicker than like the shine, cuz if we have to charge it up, ohhhh man, im gonna sue. cross ur fingers folks. there's potential for sonic to get really screwed up... *gulps*

SiD

Smash Master
aas=mispelling of a-s-s, oops.

And no, i won't leave it at that. Leave it at this: It's a bad game, and some people forced themselves into thinking it's actually bearable.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
ya a shadow costume will be perfect. i would be disapointed if they wasted the last third party spot on shadow. todays like xmas XD

platnum

Smash Lord
this thread is like a massive star.it gets bigger and bigger untill it colapses and becomes a black hole .it will suck in other threads and destroy smashboards and maybe the whole world.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Shadow as an alt costume would be great.

And I also DEMAND that Chemical Plant is in Brawl in some form! (stage or music)
aas=mispelling of a-s-s, oops.

And no, i won't leave it at that. Leave it at this: It's a bad game, and some people forced themselves into thinking it's actually bearable.
In other words, your opinion is fact and is the only one that matters?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Secret Rings sucks

Sonic '06 sucks (unless those Silver and Shadow levels are DRASTICALLY more fun than they look)

Crush 40 version of "His World" > Zebrahead's (sorry, SiD)

"Open Your Heart" > basically all Sonic theme songs.

[/opinion]

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
But Big is so lovable!

Hows this for an At (if he's not playable)
Knuckles!

Similar to Knuckle Joe, he has a variety of attacks.

1. He digs underground appearing randomly in any location by hopping out of the ground and hitting anyone above him.
2. Standard 3-Combo attack
3. He glides in the air and drops his fists to the ground, causing a shockwave effect.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh yes, so me saying something on a forum is obviously meant to be fact. I shouldn't have to stress that it's my opinion.

**** off.

And for the record, Tails does suck.
:( I like tails.... except in SA2.... why would you put him in a robot?

anyway... if any other sonic character has a chance, it's tails... and he doesn't really have much of one

SiD

Smash Master
:( I like tails.... except in SA2.... why would you put him in a robot?

anyway... if any other sonic character has a chance, it's tails... and he doesn't really have much of one
Yeah, true. Although one could argue Shadow would have more of a chance, since clones are easier to make, and Shadow is more popular with today's crowd. But Sakurai likes oldschool, so I'd imagine if we were lucky enough to get another Sonic char it'd be Tails, or possibly (hopefully) Knucles.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Oh F**k no!!

It’s sunny out; you’ve just woken up and head to your car. You drive to the local video game store and pick up your copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Before you enter the store, a man is banging his head against the wall, but you ignore it and continue inside. You wait anxiously behind a man in a red hood; he walks quickly out the door staring at his new purchase. You’re at a red light and on the passenger seat is brawl, so you take the plastic off, and take a whiff of that new game smell but this time it smells like success your about to open the case when suddenly *beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep* a loud horn is heard and you immediately notice the light is green. Soon after you notice a car accident with a faint sound of sirens; it was the same man in the red hood. This time his face is in his steering wheel. After pulling into your drive way, you walk straight to your Wii trying to avoid all obstacles. As you finally open the case a note falls to the floor, ignoring it you proceed putting the Brawl game disc into your Wii. A DELAY!! In order to play you need to download the latest Wii Software, unquestioningly you select yes. You’re waiting and as you wait you hear your foot tapping, upon looking down at it you notice the note. In multiple languages it says “we hope you'll enjoy the contents this disc, please go to the dojo for any questions -Sakurai." You here the theme song for brawl, and immediately pick up your controller. At the title screen your press start and it starts to play a video, a five minute video which contains every update you've seen on brawl and at the very end it fades into black and in a bold, white font it says
COMING SOON!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Theres no way sega wil have 2 3rd party reps, that would be unfair to konami and the other 3rd parties, ATs dont count so tails as an AT will do...

so get it straight: sega getting to PC 3rd party reps = NOT GONNA HAPPEN

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
We aren't getting anyone, the last spot belong to someone who deserve it.
Megaman is my last third party choice, Shadow can stay far from this game he isn't classic material and he suck.

SiD

Smash Master
Theres no way sega wil have 2 3rd party reps, that would be unfair to konami and the other 3rd parties, ATs dont count so tails as an AT will do...

so get it straight: sega getting to PC 3rd party reps = NOT GONNA HAPPEN
Yeah, I know. Geno and Megaman ftw!

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
i dont know geno so i wont say anything about him......

btw that lil short story i made a few hours ago while watching Twilight zone......ive been meaning to post it

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah, true. Although one could argue Shadow would have more of a chance, since clones are easier to make, and Shadow is more popular with today's crowd. But Sakurai likes oldschool, so I'd imagine if we were lucky enough to get another Sonic char it'd be Tails, or possibly (hopefully) Knucles.
shadow might be an easy clone, but he's an even easier alt. out.

and clones have been pretty much decnfirmed right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom