• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Go away platnum.

So what do you think is happening dawg? Just his spindash is continuing after he jumps?
it's really hard to say actually. I mean look at the vid: he never breaks out of ball form... I was briefly considering that it was a spindash followed by a jump followed by a homing attack (which could have been some other B move) but he never breaks out of that ball so I can't see how it could be anything but a continuation of the spindash.

Maybe this incredible amount of control that you have over this move is to help separate it from the egg roll or the rollout. I mean just look how tightly sonic can handle with this move... it seems incredible, as it should, I mean the spindash has been one of sonic's staples since sonic 2 on the genesis... I just don't know what to think here

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Don't be cryptic, Tell us WHAT will happen? Explain it so it can be prevented.
just look at his recent posts... at least 5 of his most recent posts are just him upping his post count by repeatedly saying that this thread is so big... he's trolling... it happens a lot in busy threads... people often hope they won't be noticed

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
ok, platnum: the Internet is not only based on this particular site.

my theory for the Spindash is that u can jump out of it. in the vid it looks like there was a quick Double Jump (u can tell i think from that ring thing it leaves in the air) and then a Bair...

for Smooth Criminal: since the song is Live and Learn from SA2, i think there might be a better chance for a remake of Green Hill Zone (the 3D one in SA2 wasn't that great) but im crossing my fingers too (also every time i read your name the d*** song pops in my head XD )

artarian

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Wallpaper

My roommate messed around with photoshop and came up with a pretty nice Sonic/Brawl wallpaper. Feel free to use it. Hope you like it!

Here it is:

SiD

Smash Master
Hey guys I was searching around and I found a nice fan-made music video featuring the "Live and Learn" song, in case you wanted to hear the whole thing.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/530770/live_and_learn_sonic_the_hedgehog/
That video kinda sucked, it was just cutscenes from IGN thrown together almost randomly. You wanna see a good video, with timing, check this out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbUAqv5_HC8

Of course, it's about Shadow not Sonic, but it was made by me. :)

[/shamless plug]

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the best plugs are always shameless....

... anyway, who expects a sonic update today? could be an item, a stage, confirmation of moves, music... anything... there's a sonic appetitie out right now and it needs fed.

SiD

Smash Master
I'll watch in a sec SiegK, but that song sucks almost as hard as the game it's from.

And I really hope/half expect a Sonic special moves update tonight.

EDIT: Alright, it was well done, I liked it. Although Nights came out of nowhere.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I'll watch in a sec SiegK, but that song sucks almost as hard as the game it's from.

EDIT: Alright, it was well done, I liked it. Although Nights came out of nowhere.
I know the Song wasnt that good and neither was the game, but its for Sonic, Shadow and Silver. Mostly Sonic and Shadow, and the Sonic i guess only fits for all 3. Its a cool vid. Mute it and its still awesome. Lol.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

yeah... I agree. for a few reasons:

1) sonic is perhaps the single biggest update to brawl since the official release date (which, incidentally, might not really be so official)

2) aside from what we piece together from the vid, we are clueless to his moves and we want to know

3) the longer the sonic high is milked, the longer DOJO can go without realeasing other big anouncements.

of course, DOJO may prefer to keep us waiting anxiously, our mouths open wide and drooling, ou appetites whetted for more news on sonic... either way, we are at the DOJO's mercy

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah seriously.

Tonights update: How to play: Teching.
no matter the case, I will be riding on the Sonic high for weeks to come

You should have seen my exhuberance at 10:00 this morning.

the sonic update has made me so happy, that no further updates really need by ground breaking for me to be satisfied... I was about as excited yesterday as I was depressed the day Lyn was deconfirmed

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Why didn't we get his B Neutral!?!?!

I highly doubt it's the kick, so that was an air attack like I thought...

What the hell does kirby get from him though!?!?!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't get it, why do we have two moves that lead to a spindash? That's weird...
I think of down b as the traditional spin dash... you can charge it, it's fast, it's strong and it's ground based.

side b seems more like his homing attack. it can be done in air and with no charging.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't get it, why do we have two moves that lead to a spindash? That's weird...

Well, I imagine that his side B spindash will not be straightforward. As the site says, you can jump out of it and perform aerial attacks. You can also use it in mid-air, as well. We can assume it's weaker.

The down B spindash is probably a straightforward "OMGI'MGONNARAMYOU" kinda thing. At it's peak, this one is probably the strongest out of the two.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i wonder how long that spring will last on the ground after u use his up B. i think it will go away by the time he lands, or else you could spwan a whole bunch of springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom