• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Sonic's moves are pretty cool.
I wasnt so sure about the spring at 1st, in the video. But ts cool that if you use it on the ground it stays there, for a lil bit.
I also love Sonic's Down Grab, Very Sonic The Fghters style, love it love it.

_X_

Smash Lord
It wont make much sense if Tom Nook is fighting while you're on the level where Tom Nook is playing a gig... That'd be stupid.

I doubt he's a playable character, do you have any proof (yes aside from me looking though 600 + pages if you've already posted it). ?

SiD

Smash Master
Well i wouldn't think it so stupid, but you can charge the Side B as well. That just seems like a waste of a move, two chargable spindashes that act slightly differently.

Oh well, hopefully he's playable at E4All and I'll be wrong.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It wont make much sense if Tom Nook is fighting while you're on the level where Tom Nook is playing a gig... That'd be stupid.

I doubt he's a playable character, do you have any proof (yes aside from me looking though 600 + pages if you've already posted it). ?
1) I think your mixing up KK Slider with Tom Nook

2) Tom Nook is awesome

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
OK then!
The Down B is able to go through people and sends them horizontally and can go back and forth.

The Over B sends people up, can be comboed with a jump, can be used in the air, but can't to the quick turn around that the Down B can.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Sonic's Up B could be really useful in teams.
And his Spin Dash looks like the new Wall of Pain.

His Down B is just for storing the charge for his Over B, right?
And you gotta tap and mash at B, not hold it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
So i was at least right about his moveset... Spin, spin and more spining, wait... he also jumps.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
im really curious as to what his neutral B is........ maybe shield, something to do with rings, that boost from the Sonic Rush games?????

Shuma

Smash Hero
I don't even understand his down b move... so he charges his spin dash? so it's like .... a chargd version of spin dash? so.... he's moves are... Spin Dash... charged Spin Dash... and jump?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
His neutral B is: he takes out a ring and chokes you with it. We already know that Sakurai has confirmed lethal choking moves for Brawl, so this move is a shoe-in.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I don't even understand his down b move... so he charges his spin dash? so it's like .... a chargd version of spin dash? so.... he's moves are... Spin Dash... charged Spin Dash... and jump?
This is how i think it breaks down:

side B- Weaker dash used to start combos and attack foes in the air attempting to come back

down B- More powerful ground only dash used as "power" attack to kill once damage is high

"This may feel better for some—there’s no pop."

Any ideas wtf this means???
pop=jump

Shuma

Smash Hero
You know Sid... i always represented my dislike of Sonic by saying his moves would be veryyyy genereic... but i kinda expected Sakurai would... you know... invent something... Instead of Spin dash, Spin Dash and Jump... Guess i was wrong... or right. Or something.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tell ya it's going to be Homing attack...It's like the whole Sonic Adventure thing

Hikari no Kage

Smash Rookie
Maybe the game failed the infamous Miyamoto Test? He always delays games if he thinks they're even the slightest bit off perfect. He did that to both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. So considering Miyamoto's part of the team, don't expect an on time release but you can always expect great things of his games.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe the game failed the infamous Miyamoto Test? He always delays games if he thinks they're even the slightest bit off perfect. He did that to both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. So considering Miyamoto's part of the team, don't expect an on time release but you can always expect great things of his games.
How do you know Miyamoto is part of the team?

Miyamoto is currently developing Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii and supervising Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games for the Wii and Nintendo DS. Both versions of the latter are being developed by Sega, not Nintendo. Miyamoto personally unveiled the first trailer for Super Mario Galaxy at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco, California, in March of 2007. Miyamoto also unveiled Wii Fit in 2007, which he has nearly finished developing along with Super Mario Galaxy and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. Aside from Mario Kart Wii, it is unknown what ideas he has in mind for 2008.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well seeing as he's the producer of both the previous games then I made a good guess :ohwell:... If I'm wrong I apologize but as I said it's just a guess. You don't really find out the team until the game actually gets released :ohwell:
Sakurai is the one who makes the games, not Miyamoto...

Hikari no Kage

Smash Rookie
Well,I said Miyamoto might be the PRODUCER which =/= Sakurai who is a designer and director. Geez, I make one little guess at why the release date was changed and I just get every little mistake picked at :p

Edit: Wasn't really a flame psycho just a little exaggeration on my part :p.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well,I said Miyamoto might be the PRODUCER which =/= Sakurai who is a designer and director. Geez, I make one little guess at why the release date was changed and I just get flamed >.>
wow, if you consider that a flame you have lived a very sheltered life...

Shiekyerbouti

Smash Cadet
Sakurai may make the game but a producer has a HUGE amount of say in the creation of whatever his money/creative ideas (Mario, donkey kong etc.). so regardless of who is directing the team, Miyamoto automatically gets the final say (next to Iwata) in anything that has mario or anything else Miyamoto created.
Miyamoto has learned to stay very close to any project that has anything to do with any of his creations ever since donkey kong country which he really did not lke at all.
point is, if Miyamoto wanted Sakurai to work on the game more and Iwata approved (which he normally does) then the game would be pushed back, no questions asked.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai may make the game but a producer has a HUGE amount of say in the creation of whatever his money/creative ideas (Mario, donkey kong etc.). so regardless of who is directing the team, Miyamoto automatically gets the final say (next to Iwata) in anything that has mario or anything else Miyamoto created.
Miyamoto has learned to stay very close to any project that has anything to do with any of his creations ever since donkey kong country which he really did not lke at all.
point is, if Miyamoto wanted Sakurai to work on the game more and Iwata approved (which he normally does) then the game would be pushed back, no questions asked.
Well ok that's nice but he isn't listed as being so

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the full development team is revealed until after release in the game manual.
Well the other projects he's working on are listed...Brawl is not listed among them, even if he is, the other ones still are

IllidR

Smash Champion
Well it looks like we got Sonic's moves today, they're pretty cool even though two are very similar. Maybe we'll get a stage and assist trophy next considering we already got his music and final smash (which are awesome by the way.)

Sinn

Smash Lord
I get the feeling from looking at it that his down special is going to be faster moving than the side special. But it looks like you can bust out the side special faster than the down special.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Well it looks like we got Sonic's moves today, they're pretty cool even though two are very similar. Maybe we'll get a stage and assist trophy next considering we already got his music and final smash (which are awesome by the way.)
When did we get his music? We know his Final Smash is going to be Super Sonic, but I have a feeling that the song in the movie "Live and Learn" will not be his music. And if it is, it will be remixed somehow by one of the composers. Although I certainly wouldn't mind it as his music.:)

I personally like how his Up B leaves a spring on the ground if it's used from the ground up. Now we just have to wait and see what his regular B move is going to be... and his stage.

Hanniah

Smash Cadet
Live and Learn would be great yeah...

Have you had a look at his moves? UpB seems to go pretty far, and so does fis ForthB has amazing comboing potential. I already know who I'm going to pick up :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom