• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think all of Sonic's friends will most likely turn up as ATs, and Eggman will be a boss. I can't see any third party company getting more than one rep each. The third party characters are guests, but its still primarily about Nintendo characters.

As much as I like Tails... Brawl already has an anthropomorphic, technologically adept, talking fox.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
who has higher chances though?
tails or geno?
i think tails cuz it would be easy just to make him a costume

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Why can't Megaman and Geno BOTH be in? I doubt Geno would get his own trailer like Sonic and Snake did and Megaman would. Geno wouldn't be counted as a guest character and be thrown in as a Mario secret character. They both can be in and probably will be.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's bin brought up yet or not but...

Did anyone else notice that Sonic didn't do a double jump once in the trailer. Maby he can't do one, and that would explain why his B^ (spring) goes so high to compensate. I think that would be a great way to balance him out since he is the fastest thing alive.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I don't know if it's bin brought up yet or not but...

Did anyone else notice that Sonic didn't do a double jump once in the trailer. Maby he can't do one, and that would explain why his B^ (spring) goes so high to compensate. I think that would be a great way to balance him out since he is the fastest thing alive.
It looked to me like he was launched in the air after his spin, then did a mid air jump to a Bair... but I may need to watch again.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Wow finally sonic was confirmed for brawl! :D So the spring is his up B I thought it might be a item hahaha. O and sonics final smash is going to be awesome Super Sonic

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Snake and Megaman both Konami? Or is Megaman Capcom... It's been awhile.

I'd LOVE to see Crono as the last one, but SE is gay.
Says someone with an Auron avatar.

also worth noting, FFX was the GAYEST game created by SE. In fact, it's the gayest game on the Playstation 2.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
It looked to me like he was launched in the air after his spin, then did a mid air jump to a Bair... but I may need to watch again.
No the way I saw it was that all that was part of the move. Which is probably side b. Like falcon's raptor boost expet an expended version that seems to do more dmg the longer you charge it (watch mario vs sonic scene around middle in intro trailer) It seemed much too fast to actually be up (atack ?) jump bair. There is no lag in between the thing that sends mario up an the second hit.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
who was that guy that said sonic would be on the dojo today do you think he has a connection with nintendo?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I think he and others just figured that the article that people found from IGN. Some big news like that can't stay quiet for long, they let it out of the bag the day before on purpose probably.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone notice he used a lot more than 7 chaos emeralds to transform into Super Sonic?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Did anyone notice he used a lot more than 7 chaos emeralds to transform into Super Sonic?
People have suggested 7 Chaos and 7 Super Emeralds, but I think it might just be video motion making it seem that there's more emeralds than there is (as in, the emeralds are spinning so fast that it seems there are more of them).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People have suggested 7 Chaos and 7 Super Emeralds, but I think it might just be video motion making it seem that there's more emeralds than there is (as in, the emeralds are spinning so fast that it seems there are more of them).
Oh yeah, I did think that too...and the extra emeralds are the same color as the other emerald it's next to...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sonic is broken.
okay... I'm normally pretty patient and civil here, but, please, could people stop posting things like this? a character can't be deemed broken until the game has been out long enough for this to be proven.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
yea well, usually i like to make these big comments about the new updates...

SONIC!!!

sorry im late about this...i didnt check the Dojo this morning and when i got to school my friend told me it was Sonic. i thought it was too good to be true, so i thought he was bullsh**ting me. guess he gets a cookie tomorrow!

anywayz: nice! vid shows he looks like a good combo-ist. no doubt hes to be fast, but he looks pretty strong too. definitely will be one of my mains in Brawl when it comes out XD
today's update showed alot of other things too tho like Sonic's FS being Super Sonic (coz if it's a normal move that would be just stupid), looks like winning poses are now on the stage, other items like the Warp Star, etc.

so yea...maybe by next week this thread will go to OVER 9000!!!. funny too that when i was trying to log on it was really slow :chuckle:
to the few who thought Sonic wasnt going to make it, hows Sakurai's FS: the Backhand Slap of Justice, feel? haha jk

Sonic 4 Brawl - oh wait, he's already in Brawl!!! (again, sorry for getting the news so late)

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
yea well, usually i like to make these big comments about the new updates...

SONIC!!!

sorry im late about this...i didnt check the Dojo this morning and when i got to school my friend told me it was Sonic. i thought it was too good to be true, so i thought he was bullsh**ting me. guess he gets a cookie tomorrow!

anywayz: nice! vid shows he looks like a good combo-ist. no doubt hes to be fast, but he looks pretty strong too. definitely will be one of my mains in Brawl when it comes out XD
today's update showed alot of other things too tho like Sonic's FS being Super Sonic (coz if it's a normal move that would be just stupid), looks like winning poses are now on the stage, other items like the Warp Star, etc.

so yea...maybe by next week this thread will go to OVER 9000!!!. funny too that when i was trying to log on it was really slow :chuckle:
to the few who thought Sonic wasnt going to make it, hows Sakurai's FS: the Backhand Slap of Justice, feel? haha jk

Sonic 4 Brawl - oh wait, he's already in Brawl!!! (again, sorry for getting the news so late)
Edit: oh nvm. this thread already has gone OVER 9000!!! (i think that joke has been said over and over already earlier. d***, sucks i was late)

Edit 2: i swore i pressed to Edit button...oh well (d*** double post...)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay, I've been looking at the vid a bit more recently and I now recind my theory about sonic attacking the primids in the tunnel with a spindash followed by a jump followed by a neutral air.

He's wobbling too much in the air for that.

As near as I can figure, you must have some sort of great control over his spindash... I mean, look at how quickly he turns around with it in the begining of the vid when he attacks mario and follows it up with a bair.

I forsee many suicides with this attack

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
It feels good to bask in the glory of confirmation. Wouldn't you agree, fellow Sonic fans?

I'm hoping for a Sonic-based movelist update or even a stage (crossing my fingers for an Emerald Hill Zone remake).

Sonic IS in Brawl.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom