• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well it's obvious that sonics neter b would be the spin dash. the up b could be the homing attack.Down be could be a fox/falco shield,but without shine effects.But I dont know what the l,r b would be.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wrath, have you even played a sonic game?

Spindash is vB!!! Always has been, always will be.
Yes I've played a lot of sonic games.I said that because it could imatate jpuff's roll.Wich is just holding b.

And in the newest gamcube sonic games you dont hold downb you just hold b.Only in the classics do you hold down b.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Da Spindash rulez!

I wonder if Sonic is going to have da "Insta Shield" in his moveset? For you guys info, it's the move used in Sonic 3 & Sonic & Knuckles when you pressed the jump buttion twice.

kaid

Smash Master
Perhaps I didn't explain myself.

Smash bros is a 2D (well, 2.5D) game. In EVERY 2D sonic game, vB is Spindash. Ergo, to put Spindast to anything else would not be staying true to the character.

Wrath`

Smash Master

Smash bros is a 2D (well, 2.5D) game. In EVERY 2D sonic game, vB is Spindash. Ergo, to put Spindast to anything else would not be staying true to the character.
I db was spin dash what would just b be?It would make more sens if b was spin dash and down b was the air sheild from sonic 3 like shady mentioned.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
It would feel more natural having spindash as vB, since the spindash was used during the times that mostly every Sonic game was GOOD. I own many of the Genesis classics myself. Before someone else comes out saying "but that's stupid, he should be able to use it in the air like everyone else's B attacks", you're neglecting DK. Sonic wouldn't be breaking the rules or anything of the sort.

I remeber that "Insta Sheild" you're talking about. It rendered him invincible for a split second and damage enemies very close to him, right? It can be his N-air, since you have to jump before using it anyways.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I gave up on this fight with MCfox several pages ago.
He was right, was wrong. VB is the spindash, ^B should be Tails catch, <>B should be homing attack, and B could be Sonic Wind or some such.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
It would feel more natural having spindash as vB, since the spindash was used during the times that mostly every Sonic game was GOOD. I own many of the Genesis classics myself. Before someone else comes out saying "but that's stupid, he should be able to use it in the air like everyone else's B attacks", you're neglecting DK. Sonic wouldn't be breaking the rules or anything of the sort.

I remeber that "Insta Sheild" you're talking about. It rendered him invincible for a split second and damage enemies very close to him, right? It can be his N-air, since you have to jump before using it anyways.
I agree. Nair being Insta-Shield makes perfect sense. Like sex kicks and other Nairs, its hitbox is more circular than other air attacks, and should have high priority.

Oh, and like I said before, while vB should be SpinDash on the ground, vB in the air should be BOUNCE from the Bubble Shield/Sonic Adventure 2.

I also believe that Homing Attack might fit better as Fair, b/c imagine trying to return to the stage and then homing in on someone ELSE who's off the stage. LOL

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman

yeah i kno what u mean but if u really think that they wont change it ur dumb alot of moves in smash are not true to their character like almost all of ness's pk attacks and jiggs rest is supposed to heal..so this really doesnt HAVE to be down b

Stryks

Smash Hero
They change the effects of rest, cause the lag of the rest moves is too long, and for it just to healing attack, the added the powerful knockback effect to be more balanced, I understand how some moves power/effects/abilities change from the actual game, but seeing how probably the developers will check previous games from sonic to get ideas for his attacks, the will c that vB is Spindash in all of the games, thus they will put that attack as a vB ...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986

Right!! Man, just thinkin about Sonic being in Brawl is making my trigger finger itch, for if the developers don't add him for whatever reason, I'm gonna shoot up Hal Laboratories!

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
They change the effects of rest, cause the lag of the rest moves is too long, and for it just to healing attack, the added the powerful knockback effect to be more balanced, I understand how some moves power/effects/abilities change from the actual game, but seeing how probably the developers will check previous games from sonic to get ideas for his attacks, the will c that vB is Spindash in all of the games, thus they will put that attack as a vB ...
nicely put but just as u said about changing things due to balance they could find down b to be unbalanced and also everyone knows smash is a very unbalanced game so knothing u just said is truely credible except for the fact that they will try to balance the game the best they can but because game devlopment is under a tight time frame if they see that down b has any sort of probly i dont think they will wast too much time trying to think of a solution and u cant say just because all the sonic games are down b because in all the metroid games missles are like R then shoot so history isnt the number one priority

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yes in the metroid games the missiles are R, but seeing how the special attack/abilities are on the B buttons, they put the missiles in <>B... point is: Spindash= DownB

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
Thought you guys'd appreciate this link.

Producer on 'Sonic and the Secret Rings' mentions how he'd like to see Sonic in Brawl.

It's not a confirmation of Sonic, simply a man stating how it would be spiffy-keen for Sonic to be in Brawl. But we have people on both sides who want Sonic in Brawl now. It's just up to Nintendo and Sega to make the deal, cross the Is and dot the Ts.

It's a good sign, if not anything more than some dude in Sega going "Sonic and Mario should fight".

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Thought you guys'd appreciate this link.

Producer on 'Sonic and the Secret Rings' mentions how he'd like to see Sonic in Brawl.

It's not a confirmation of Sonic, simply a man stating how it would be spiffy-keen for Sonic to be in Brawl. But we have people on both sides who want Sonic in Brawl now. It's just up to Nintendo and Sega to make the deal, cross the Is and dot the Ts.

It's a good sign, if not anything more than some dude in Sega going "Sonic and Mario should fight".
Nice find. Thanks for posting that.

E_funK_009

Smash Cadet
Sonic, in my opinion, is a done deal. BUT! what about Tails? if anything, he would be like peach, with insane recovery...

JPW

Smash Ace
lol. I was just thinking about this. Let's say Sonic is playable. How cool would it be if they actually took the hoax from Melee and used it as a way of unlocking Sonic.
Defeat 20 men in Cruel Man Melee.

len1

Smash Journeyman
if they did use the hoax as the way of unlocking sonic i would need Z3RO or chooker to do it because i cant b even beat 15

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
I'll be pretty happy if they add Sonic to brawl. And if they make Mario top tier so he could pwn Sonic, because. Nintedo>Sega. Yes. I'm still in the war of the early nineties.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'll be pretty happy if they add Sonic to brawl. And if they make Mario top tier so he could pwn Sonic, because. Nintedo>Sega. Yes. I'm still in the war of the early nineties.
Teirs are bad.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rocket:

Mario can be good if your good.Why would you need tires to deside who's good and who isn't.

LuCKy

Smash Master
first of all tiers is a bunch of ***** lol its all the player its just how easy it is to master the character or how popular the character is in tourney,thats my opinion of tiers and that idea of geting 20 ko's in cruel melee would be sooooooooooo whack lol i would just pay someone to unlock sonic for me

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
first of all tiers is a bunch of ***** lol its all the player its just how easy it is to master the character or how popular the character is in tourney,thats my opinion of tiers and that idea of geting 20 ko's in cruel melee would be sooooooooooo whack lol i would just pay someone to unlock sonic for me
that exactly what i would do. lol. he has to be in brawl. hes in high demand and nintendo knows it. :ohwell:

LuCKy

Smash Master
yes well i prayed every night that sonic would be in melee............but i was lied to by some SICK MAN WITH HIS SICK JOKE!!!!!!!.......*pant* anyway im still praying that he will be in brawl so everyone cross ur fingers!!!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Sonic will be interesting.But i say shadow or silver will be in it to so they can be his rival or bad guy of the series.

LuCKy

Smash Master
Sonic will be interesting.But i say shadow or silver will be in it to so they can be his rival or bad guy of the series.
as cool as it would be to get shadow or siler in the game...............it probly wont happen do u have any idea how lucky we r going to be if sonic is in brawl??????very very very LuCKy lol so we should just hope for him.if and only if nintendo is very nice we could get shadow ecause he has been around a while he is a very popular character with his own game and well..........shadow is like the best rival sonic has ever had

Stryks

Smash Hero
Shadow had his own game, but it sucked incredibly, IF and only IF sakurai allows 2 characters per 3rd party characters per company, then we can c sonic and some other guy, I would prefer to c knuckles, but maybe shadow will get in, who knows, and please dont go: "Buyt there are 2 3rd party spot left, lets give them to sonic and shadow!" NO, HOW would it be fair to konami if we give 2 spots to sega and not to konami, and not to mention other companies like capcom and namco, and others, there are only 3 3rd party spots, so lets give one spot per company:

1) Konami: snake
2) Sega: sonic

the 3rd party spot is still a mistery, seeing how sonic is almos tpractically in, who can ave the 3rd party spot? Im going with megaman XD

offtopic: Vote for stryks for the best forum name award!!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Shadow had his own game, but it sucked incredibly, IF and only IF sakurai allows 2 characters per 3rd party characters per company, then we can c sonic and some other guy, I would prefer to c knuckles, but maybe shadow will get in, who knows, and please dont go: "Buyt there are 2 3rd party spot left, lets give them to sonic and shadow!" NO, HOW would it be fair to konami if we give 2 spots to sega and not to konami, and not to mention other companies like capcom and namco, and others, there are only 3 3rd party spots, so lets give one spot per company:

1) Konami: snake
2) Sega: sonic

the 3rd party spot is still a mistery, seeing how sonic is almos tpractically in, who can ave the 3rd party spot? Im going with megaman XD

offtopic: Vote for stryks for the best forum name award!!
OFF TOPIC:Were are these awards?I would like to vote.

OTher 3rd party character:Goku?There were a few DBZ games for the cube.Altho megaman is more deserving.

Stryks

Smash Hero
its stickyd at top of the forum i think were u can votes...

also sakurai stated that no manga/anime character will b in brawl, all the characters added must have originated from a videogame...

and yes MM is more deserving...

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
I sat in their in awe as I beat 20 people in cruel after that I died I jumped off the stage then nothing I looked every where then I read in next months issue it was a hoax I almost destroyed my game cube I did all that for nothing then I thought about it at least I gained exp.

So after the 20 men knock in cruel melee hoax he should be in the game cause if he's not this open's alot of other blue favorites and remember in your mind folks its the " Blue Favorite" so the 3rd party character is going to be blue sonic! is the most likey choice because I haven't read any articles with Megaman being in and besides Capcom screwed over Nintendo a while back with resident evil so most likey it is going to be sonic its gotta be sonic if its not then its not mega man because I'm pretty sure after the brawl between capcom and nintendo nintendo not gonna want mega man to be in and please shut up of your gonna say sub zero please shut up and keep it to your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom