• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Sonic should be able to attack on walls he should be the only one to do that sense he clings to walls

kaid

Smash Master
can we replace Sakurai (kirby) with Keija Inafune (mega man)?? or better yet a new mode allowing more than 4 players and we keep Sakurai(kirby) and toss in Keija Inafune (mega man):p
If Gunpei Yokoi (Samus) was still alive and could counter him, I would be all for it, but I was thinking a team battle, Nintendo vs Non-nintendo.

I suppose someone from Retro could sub, but that's like having the person who did MM, WW, and TP play Link, when Miamoto was the who actually MADE him.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
If Gunpei Yokoi (Samus) was still alive and could counter him, I would be all for it, but I was thinking a team battle, Nintendo vs Non-nintendo.

I suppose someone from Retro could sub, but that's like having the person who did MM, WW, and TP play Link, when Miamoto was the who actually MADE him.
oh okay, that team battle would be viscous!!! great idea!

JPW

Smash Ace

hell will come to all, evil will plagued the lands and my fiery wrath will
run rapid through cities and towns. death is the only salvation
man will have and i will bring that slow and painfully.
meteors will cometh upon thy beautiful earth and destroy
all that remains sweet and untainted. for scarabs and locust
shall cover the earth all man life will be lost and breeding will cease to exist...

and this shall all come about if i cant play sonic on brawl
That reminds me of another quote, that basically says what you have.

Ian Malcolm
God creates dinosaurs.
God destroys Dinosaurs.
God creates Man.
Man Destroys God.
Men Create Dinosaurs.

Ellie Sattler

Dinosaurs eat men.
Women inherit the Earth.

Grant and Malcolm stare at Ellie.​

Anyway how cool would it be if at New E3 we saw

A big sequence where Nintendo hypes Smash Bros. and they talk about about Old Wars being put to end. Then we see Mario vs Sonic. It's a pretty good match but it ends with a double knockout. Then from behind a curtain comes Miyamoto and Yuji Naka.
It's revealed as however Miyamoto was actually playing as Sonic and Yuji Naka was playing as Mario. That would be a nice twice.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
can we replace Sakurai (kirby) with Keija Inafune (mega man)?? or better yet a new mode allowing more than 4 players and we keep Sakurai(kirby) and toss in Keija Inafune (mega man):p
I dont like the idea of more the four players it just seems odd:) Any way.....Sonics Super Smash should be sonic wind or Super sonic :D

Nebuor316

Smash Rookie
yes good post, u beat me 2 it, but if he duz show up on ssbb he will automatically b my # 2 character, # 1 of course is always link

len1

Smash Journeyman
Anyway how cool would it be if at New E3 we saw

A big sequence where Nintendo hypes Smash Bros. and they talk about about Old Wars being put to end. Then we see Mario vs Sonic. It's a pretty good match but it ends with a double knockout. Then from behind a curtain comes Miyamoto and Yuji Naka.
It's revealed as however Miyamoto was actually playing as Sonic and Yuji Naka was playing as Mario. That would be a nice twice.

hell will come to all, evil will plagued the lands and my fiery wrath will
run rapid through cities and towns. death is the only salvation
man will have and i will bring that slow and painfully.
meteors will cometh upon thy beautiful earth and destroy
all that remains sweet and untainted. for scarabs and locust
shall cover the earth all man life will be lost and breeding will cease to exist...

and this shall all come about if i cant play sonic on brawl

2 Very Good calls

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've said it before, I'll say it again... E3'07, Miamoto (mario) and Sakurai (kirby) vs Kojima (snake) and Yugi Naka (sonic), 2 minute match.
Haven't you heard? On May 8, 2006, Yuji Naka left Sonic Team to start a company of his own, named "Prope." And because of this, I fear that Sonic may be left out of Brawl (but anything is still possible). Yuji Naka had a good relationship with Nintendo (and probably would have said "Yes" to Sonic being in Brawl right away), but I don't know about the new Sonic Team president and how he thinks of the matter...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
yuji is the one who was fing up Sonics rep really so i wouldnt be surprised if Sonic team said yes they need the money and the reps back.

they really need to kill shadow leave silver back at his place "blaze can stay shes a cat" and everything will be back to normal and just think of sonic adventure 1 when they do the game :D

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
wow. a thought. if sonic got in he's actually be in a good game with a fanbase.

len1

Smash Journeyman
I remember hearing about Yuji Naka leaving Sega.

still his MoveSet Should Mainly be moves from his "glory days" on the genesis but some moves from the better of the new games (Sonic adventure 2 battle. Sonic Rush, and maybe Heroes)

but most of his moves should be from Sonic 3 & knuckles

maybe the "magic hands" from SA2 could be his grab

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Haven't you heard? On May 8, 2006, Yuji Naka left Sonic Team to start a company of his own, named "Prope." And because of this, I fear that Sonic may be left out of Brawl (but anything is still possible). Yuji Naka had a good relationship with Nintendo (and probably would have said "Yes" to Sonic being in Brawl right away), but I don't know about the new Sonic Team president and how he thinks of the matter...
Man, I had no idea he left Sega for to start another project (this is a bad omen...) That's news to me.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Sonic has always seemed like the most likely 3rd party character to be put in.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
No matter what happens inbetween the time now and when Brawl comes out; I strongly believe he'll be in Brawl. A game that stars Mario and all of Nintendo will be, or may be his last chance to shine. O the irony...

Gawd, Sonic has too many friends. I say he cuts them ALL loose for this game. Sonic started his series (of would-be failures on the consoles) so he should have the oppritunity of Brawl all his own. I think everything would have stayed fine if they just left it at Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. The need of additional characters should not go so far as to adding more and more with every Sonic game and making unessesary appearances later on.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
You've probably already discussed this b/c this thread is huge, but here's my hopes for his Sonic if he joins the roster.

-------------------------------------------------

Bounce: By pressing down B, Sonic should be able to perform his Bounce Attack from Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure 2. This would make him plummet down to the earth in spiraling ball form, pounding those below and slightly hitting away those he skims along the way. WHOAH, I just realized that this could also work as a meteor smash/spike, simultaneously "anti-spiking" Sonic, sending him very high into the air.

Spin Dash By pressing and holding neutral B, Sonic should charge up the Spin Dash, and releasing it would send him rolling towards his enemy. The only PROBLEM with including this move, is that it would likely be very similar to Jigg's neutral B. Of course, minor changes could make these moves much less identical, but either way I think it should be included for the sake of Sonic.

Light Dash At first thought you might think of Fox's forward B, or the fact that Sonic can't Light Dash without rings. BUT, in Sonic Battle for GBA, Sonic can throw a ring in any direction and light Dash through it. After pressing up B, perhaps Sonic can press a direction and thus throw a ring in that direction, light dashing through it.

These are the abilities that really deserve to make it into his moveset it one way shape or form, preferably as B moves.

---------------------------------------------

Of course, being Sonic, he also needs some unique attributes.

To start, he needs to be faster than every character, including Fox & Falcon. There is NO other option.

Next, he should have some sort of small hitbox around him whenever he jumps, because when Sonic jumps he curls into a ball (which is his main form of attacking in pretty much ALL his games). Of course, this shouldn't be as large as Samus' hitbox for her up B, but it should still exist incase Sonic collides with another in the air.

Sonic's A attacks would have to consist of mostly kicks, because he never uses his fists in a game (that is reserved for the almighty knuckles)

Finally, they should somehow implement the ring system into the game
--The cleanest way would be for him to simply possess the animation of losing rings whenever he is hit.
--A more risky way would be to have these rings lost possess some sort of % value. This probably shouldn't be done, but it's something to consider. And it would make playing him a more unique system.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Spindash is vB. Always has been, always will be.
I actually agree with you, because that would fit the controls for the 2D sonic games. I was actualyl going to mention that in my post, but I realized that vB needed to be left open for the Bounce Attack.

HOWEVER

It occurs to me that Bounce Attack can only be performed in the air, and spin dash can only be performed on the ground (according to Sonic games anyway). Therefore, both moves could perhaps be performed with vB.

-------------------------------------

Also, out of curiosity, do you guys agree/disagree with my thought on Sonic's unique attributes?

kaid

Smash Master
They've been mentioned. The concept of a continous hitbox while jumping is pretty unbalancing, though. I mean, if you play with items and get the Screw attack, do you EVER attack with anything else?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm a huge Sonic fan. My very first system (well, I had a Nintendo, but it died before I could remember) was the old school Sega Genesis bundled with the very first Sonic the Hedgehog. It was love at first sight; from there on out, I made it a point to pick up all of the Sonic games that came out for the old Genesis thereafter. I'll even go out on a limb and say (despite the tender sensibilities of all my fellow Smashers/Nintendo fans out there) that I liked the Sonic games infinitely more than any of the Mario games.

My opinion changed when Sonic made the transition to the next-gen consoles. The very first Sonic game for Dreamcast deviated from the classic formula far too much, in my opinion. Maybe it was because of the whole 3-D aspect (which was still done alot better than the old and very forgettable Sonic 3D Blast for the Genesis. I shudder when I think of that game). Maybe it was because they tried to give it an epic storyline (if I wanted that, I'd just read the old Archie-brand Sonic comics that are in my trunk---which, of course, are not anything to write home about either). I just don't know; maybe I have my head stuck up my *** or something.

As for what Firebomb said...

No matter what happens inbetween the time now and when Brawl comes out; I strongly believe he'll be in Brawl. A game that stars Mario and all of Nintendo will be, or may be his last chance to shine. O the irony...

Gawd, Sonic has too many friends. I say he cuts them ALL loose for this game. Sonic started his series (of would-be failures on the consoles) so he should have the oppritunity of Brawl all his own. I think everything would have stayed fine if they just left it at Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. The need of additional characters should not go so far as to adding more and more with every Sonic game and making unessesary appearances later on.
I totally agree with you there. I suppose that's the other grievance I have: They diluted the Sonic franchise by giving it wayyyyyy too many characters. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Robotnik (note I don't say Eggman; I know Robotnik isn't a cool name or anything, but "Eggman" just completely takes the cake for "lame"), and even Amy (since she was in Sonic CD, which was good stuff) would have been fine. But Shadow, Silver (I'm still scratching my head over that one), and all the other kooks? Nigh pointless.

As for Brawl, Sonic should be the only one from his franchise in there. I like Knuckles (alot, mind you; the fanboy in me got pumped when I was finally able to play as him in Sonic and Knuckles) and Tails (hell, even him!), but Sonic started solo. I think it's only appropriate that he does so again. I think it'll get the spiny little hedgehog some well-deserved attention.

...by the way, Sonic for Brawl and all that jazz.

Later.

len1

Smash Journeyman
the Bounce/Spindash is a good idea

I think in The upcoming sonic game for the Wii it is just sonic on his own

i remember the light dash thing from Sonic battle (that game was cool) i was thinking that be his upB

Control direction like Yoshis Egg toss then press B to Dash to the ring

i was thinking does he go through or around platforms/stage

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is the perfect speed character for the brawl, ofc there are some speedy characters but not REAL speed

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well if sonic was in there he would ned a rival enemy.So who would it be shadow or Silver.

(by the way how do you start a poll thread?)

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
sonic's rival could be shadow, mini chaos or even Knuckles (they dnt seem to get along well)

kaid

Smash Master
Shadow isn't important enough to be added to brawl as a third party character. Mario and Sonic go back over 15 years. Noone else comes close, not even many Nintendo First Party titles.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Shadow isn't important enough to be added to brawl as a third party character. Mario and Sonic go back over 15 years. Noone else comes close, not even many Nintendo First Party titles.
Actualy crash bandicot.He was playstaions mascot back then.And the mascot battle of that time was:mario vs. sonic vs. crash bandicoot.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
the Bounce/Spindash is a good idea

I think in The upcoming sonic game for the Wii it is just sonic on his own

i remember the light dash thing from Sonic battle (that game was cool) i was thinking that be his upB

Control direction like Yoshis Egg toss then press B to Dash to the ring

i was thinking does he go through or around platforms/stage
Actually I was thinking maybe his UpB could be the Homing Attack and sideB could be the Light Dash.
Homing Attack just seems like it would be a better recovery move. It could be something like Falcon's hug, where there is some kick back to it when it hits a foe too.

Other than that, nice ideas.

Stryks

Smash Hero
seriously, sakurai wont use 1 spot on sonic, and waste the last spot on tails/amy/knuckles/shadow/silver whatever... he'll select another company, for example capcom, and choose a character from that company, like megaman, r maybe viceversa, the company calls sakurai saying if he could add megaman in brawl, so either way, only SONIC will be in brawl, and no ther sonic character, maybe in camoes like trophies, but thats it...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
And waste the "1-2 third party character" slots? that's the ONLY hard numbers we've actually HEARD.
Whoa, I'm just was trying to decipher what Wrath was trying to say. Just like you, I think that Nintendo should think strategically of who they should add to Brawl regarding to the selection of third party characters.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
sonic should have shine similar attack that uses the force field bubble the attracks rings but this thing will absorb projectiles i guess like ness's down b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom