• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Thanks, I'll have to pick that up. What are Mega and Gems for? A GCN or GBA?
Both are for GC.

However, I'd look to find Gems as cheap as possible. Aside from Sonic CD and the two Vectorman games, most of the stuff on it ranges from pretty middling to pretty terrible.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Now for the answers...

1. What game did Sonic become 16, and what game did he become 15 again?

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is where he became 16. When he became 15 again is debateable between Sonic 3D Blast, and Sonic Adventure.

2. Who technically appeared first, Amy Rose and Metal Sonic, or Tails?

First, it was ment to be Metal Sonic and Amy Rose, since the game was meant to come out first, but for some reason, Sonic 2 beat it, so it was Tails.

3. What was the one and only Sonic game that the cartoon/Archie characters appeared in?

Sonic Spin Ball. Although I did forget about Mean Bean Machine, that game only featured Scratch from the cartoons, and the cartoon version of Eggman, Grounder, and Coconuts.

4. How old was Tails when he debuted, and what game did he jump 3 years ahead in?

He debuted at the age of 5. In Sonic Adventure, he turned 8.

5. Same question, but for Amy Rose this time.

She debuted at 8. In Sonic Adventure, she turned 12.

6. What purple character was the first Sonic character to use a gun? Whats his Japanese name, his US name, did he first debute in the comics or games, whats his occupation in the comics, and what is it in the games? Whats his species, both US and Japanese. And name the 3 games he appeared in, as well as the fourth game he was planned to be in, but never made it.

Japanese name, Fang. US name, Nack. Games, Sonic Triple Trouble. Weasel in the US, cross between a weasel and wolf in Japan. Sonic Triple Trouble (aka sonic and Tails 2), Sonic Drift 2, and Sonic the Fighters aka Sonic Champions. He was meant to be in Sonic Xtreame.

Bonus: What was Sonic originally going to be before he became a Hedgehog?

Hell if I know, thats why it was meant to be a bonus. Rabbit does seem familiar though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe because it was a bonus question?

Sonic Mega/Gems Collections are for all 3 systems, being GCN, XBox, and PS2. There is a Sonic Mega Collection Plus for PS2 only(may have been XBox too, but wasn't for CGN at all).

len1

Smash Journeyman
"I'm all for sonic, as long as he's more true to the old school Genesis sonic that I grew up loving, and not from the ****ty "Sonic Adventure" and beyond Sonic that Sega's been crapping out every 5 minutes recently."

thing is the moveset would be all sheild abillities from sonic 3 & knuckles which i owned but i had to sell due to the lack of console to play it on

so i say if need be use moves from the games that were on NINTENDO's

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I heard one suggestion was for him to be a dog. Sonic the Dog for Brawl! Yeah, I am completely bored but that was a suggestion.
I read that the first choice was an Armadillo because they wanted a charcter who could roll up. Something made them change their minds for the better.

NEW ON THE SEGA GENESIS: SONIC THE ARMADILLO!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Funny how Mighty the Armadillo was made. They never scrapped the idea of an armadillo, just put it on hold. There's also reasons why Mighty didn't appear in Sonic Heroes being he was both a powerhouse and speedy character.

Anyway, many of the available fighting abilities for Sonic wasn't all Nintendo either. Since Sonic The Fighters wasn't originally a Nintendo/Playstation/XBox release, it's just considered a Sega release, but still has great moves to use. Be a few throws, or multiple moves, it's not all Nintendo or all Sega. Simply put, the best way to go at it is review all his game appearences(including Sonic Wild Fire(I forgot the new name) and Sonic The Hedgehog 2006) for available moves. It's not all one game, people. Regardless, in the end, if he makes it, we'll see what happens.

8-bit hacker

Smash Cadet
2. Who technically appeared first, Amy Rose and Metal Sonic, or Tails?

First, it was ment to be Metal Sonic and Amy Rose, since the game was meant to come out first, but for some reason, Sonic 2 beat it, so it was Tails.

3. What was the one and only Sonic game that the cartoon/Archie characters appeared in?

Sonic Spin Ball. Although I did forget about Mean Bean Machine, that game only featured Scratch from the cartoons, and the cartoon version of Eggman, Grounder, and Coconuts.
Sonic CD was ment to come out before Sonic 2? The furthest release of Sonic CD that I can remember is 510 and that's an incomplete 1993 release. So that would mean that SCD was still in a very early development stage. Beside, Amy wasn't even created by Sonic Team.

Also... I remember a Gounder like substance in Sonic 2 in Aquatic Ruin.

len1

Smash Journeyman
Grounder-LIKE substance

that was a clone im pretty sure its like saying those monkeys in zone 1 were Coconuts

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
well no one has posted in three days so i will be the kind soul who bumps this thread
sonic for brawl
i can't believe you people haven't posted here in three days
i know i didn't either but i have been posting elsewhere and three days is too long

icymatt

Smash Lord
Nothing new to say about Sonic in Brawl, I'm afraid.

However, I have a video everyone should see, because it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

It's from the PS3/360 Sonic game, and it contains MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERZ. Click at your own risk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcGGHtKqyQ

kaid

Smash Master
With the recent rumor posted by GoNintendo and others, I feel it nessisary to bump this thread to keep there from being dozens of topics talking about the same thing.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Neither Nintendo, Sakurai, or Sora officially said sonic is in, but it is a real no-brainer. Still, you can never be 100% sure...

Mandalorian

Smash Rookie
Agreed, and I want a normal stage that resembles the first boss fight of the series.

--___-- Kinda like that, but much cooler. I imagine a battlefield-like stage

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
the only reason i want sonic in there is so i can kick his

ps: i did not say anything bad

;)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
At this point, I would be suprised if Sonic wasn't in the game. Nintendo supposedly contacted Sega about putting Sonic in the game, & I can't really imagine Sega saying no. I think Sonic is the most likely new character now. He's almost more likely then the characters they already said were in the game, that's how likely he is.

JPW

Smash Ace
I can't imagine Ninty saying "NO" to Sonic. It just not possible. Do you know how much heat they would get if they did say NO!.

Then again it's not up to Nintendo it's up to Sega.

I can't imagine Sega saying no either.

I'm thinking seeing as Sega was the first to jump at VC, Sonic is pretty much a lock for a future with Nintendo.
Plus for some reason Nintendo fans seem to buy into a Sonic game more then Sony or Xbox fans. Downunder all the PS2 and X360 owners resent Sonic. While Ninty fans can't wait for his Wii run.

Back on Smash Bros. though.
I reckon Ninty confirmed third party locks ages ago, and they're just teasing us and letting us build up the hype.

They probably have the whole roster mapped out.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Back on Smash Bros. though.
I reckon Ninty confirmed third party locks ages ago, and they're just teasing us and letting us build up the hype.

They probably have the whole roster mapped out.
Hmm...I agree. It would be good strategy by Nintendo.
Still, it's fun arguing about characters that will never make into Brawl. I hope Sonic makes it though.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Sonic being in Brawl will be the only way he'll be able to redeem himself after the failure-tastic string of bad console games.

Hey they mentioned if we want Bomberman at the end of that link.... yup, I'm still waiting for him...

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
i think sonic is a failure to sega nintendo sony and xbox he once lived hapily in sega till he got his butt kicked into nintendo then the other systems he abandoned all of them and then he crawls back to each and every one waiting to betray them and join the dark side sonic is a liar that cannot be trusted BUT STILL NEEDS TO BE IN BRAWL

Stryks

Smash Hero
VGC: Comas FTW!
Anyway I gotta say sonic is pretty much in brawl, people have been waiting for sonic and mario to go at it 4ever (tough prefer megaman), and not to mention miyamoto would like sonic to be in the roster, and after the terrible sonic the hedgehog game (the new one). they just cant say no, not to mention being the most 3rd party requested character ofall...

bugball

Smash Apprentice
i think sonic is at this moment a sure newcomer, and probably he the new caracter in next video of ssbb

kaid

Smash Master
I've said it before, I'll say it again... E3'07, Miamoto (mario) and Sakurai (kirby) vs Kojima (snake) and Yugi Naka (sonic), 2 minute match.

Smash Journeyman

hell will come to all, evil will plagued the lands and my fiery wrath will
run rapid through cities and towns. death is the only salvation
man will have and i will bring that slow and painfully.
meteors will cometh upon thy beautiful earth and destroy
all that remains sweet and untainted. for scarabs and locust
shall cover the earth all man life will be lost and breeding will cease to exist...

and this shall all come about if i cant play sonic on brawl

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I've said it before, I'll say it again... E3'07, Miamoto (mario) and Sakurai (kirby) vs Kojima (snake) and Yugi Naka (sonic), 2 minute match.
I had an unusual dream about a match like this, except Kirby wasn't involved. Dreams can come true...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
can we replace Sakurai (kirby) with Keija Inafune (mega man)?? or better yet a new mode allowing more than 4 players and we keep Sakurai(kirby) and toss in Keija Inafune (mega man):p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom