• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow. Thats something else. On some next level stuff.......lol. But ok. I do the same thing at times>.> oh well, thats the way life is. Anyway, Back to the topic of this thread before the mods come in here and say things to us. lol Sonic Has to be in brawl no matter what:laugh:

Shark X

Smash Lord
Mines more of along the lines of dumb, then ***, but putting them together censors the whole word O.o

And not going to try your luck on my Sonic quiz on page 50?

EDIT: Before the mods come huh? Well, I guess McFox is above a mod, so I guess your not too late :p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Mines more of along the lines of dumb, then ***, but putting them together censors the whole word O.o

And not going to try your luck on my Sonic quiz on page 50?
i would but im too tired to think about that know. I have school and such. so I need some rest, I'll makesure to put my answer on before i leave my house for school. You really are a hardcore sonic fan. Sweet! thats really cool.Dont know many of them. your the first. well got to catch some Z's for school...Peace boards!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was talking to McFox about the Sonic Quiz -.-

But what the hell, I'll throw in a bonus question.

Bonus: What was Sonic originally going to be before he became a Hedgehog?
Oh wait....i think I know this for sure.......(dang I have to go to bed.........lol). He was gonna be a rabbit and the way he attacks was by throwing rocks. Am I right?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I knew about the rabbit thing. I haven't seen the other questions.

But yeah, real men set their forum experience to 40 posts per page. This topic is only up to 20 pages dude, not over 50.

Shark X

Smash Lord
You just made the 52nd page for the default settings. Okay, I'll repost the first 6 questions.

1. What game did Sonic become 16, and what game did he become 15 again?

2. Who technically appeared first, Amy Rose and Metal Sonic, or Tails?

3. What was the one and only Sonic game that the cartoon/Archie characters appeared in?

4. How old was Tails when he debuted, and what game did he jump 3 years ahead in?

5. Same question, but for Amy Rose this time.

6. What purple character was the first Sonic character to use a gun? Whats his Japanese name, his US name, did he first debute in the comics or games, whats his occupation in the comics, and what is it in the games? Whats his species, both US and Japanese. And name the 3 games he appeared in, as well as the fourth game he was planned to be in, but never made it.

Here's a hint, some of these may be trick questions.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
1:What?I don't think he was ever 15.Maybe he will be in his 15th anniversery?
2:Tails
3:Dr. Robotnics Mean Bean Machine
4:8?Sonic Adventures?
5:12 or 13.I know she's younger than sonic.Sonic adventures again?
6:OOH!uh,claw,paw,tooth,fang?Uhhh,I'll go with Fang!
Bonus:Ok,I read this awhile ago.A LONG time ago.Come on Fanboy...Porcupine!No?...Are you refering to the fact other characters were submitted?

JPW

Smash Ace

I thought i heard it was between a hedgehog and an echidna.

At the end of the day, Sonic the Hedgehog sounded better then Sonic the Echidna. They didn't want to ditch the echidna fully though, this explains why Knuckles made his debut, and is an echidna.

JPW

Smash Ace
i was thinking of a way they could introduce him if they made another cool trailer.

Sonic is running in a field. Kind of like a desert.
We see Tails trying to keep up.

Tails: Hey Sonic wait up!
Sonic: No chance Tails, I got to make it to some Smash Bros. thing.
Tails: Who told you?
Sonic: No one did i'm going in uninvited.
(to himself) I got an old score to settle with that guy who thinks he's a plumber.
Tails: You can do that? Hey wait up, I want to join you too.
Sonic: No way i'm waiting for you again, you'll only slow me down.
Sonic speeds off.

Tails: I never get to have any fun.
Oh well there's always the next one.
We then see Knuckles gliding by passing Tails. Shadow isn't too far behind.
Tails: Oh, i'll never make it.

I'm just teasing tails now aren't i?

Nah I just think they'll take the advantage and try and knock tails when they can. Much like Toad and Tingle in Smash Bros. Melee. Maybe a Sega stage, with Tails in the background. And you can knock him off his helicopter. Or use his helicopter as a platform.

But yeah, Sonic is definitely a popular choice, and be a favourite in brawl for sure. I'm just curious about some of his moves. And what exactly his extra jump will be like. And his special for that.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
His special kind of has to be Super Sonic. If it's not, I'll be disappointed for like 5 seconds before getting over it.

And uh...

notftomearth7 said:
I think Sonic'd be cool as a BOSS! Kinda like where Metal Mario was in Classic Mode. He'd be kind of cool in the place of something as unoriginal as MM
So, you want Sonic to appear as a NONPLAYABLE enemy??

Sorry, but that's kind of completely dumb.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
let the optimism fly: sonic the hedgehog was just announced as an old school download. G4's little news segment announced it just a little bit ago. <hope this hasn't been posted before, computer sux at loading smashboards so if it has my bad> so yea it seems sega's not stingy with lettin him go with nintendo.

Also, does n e body have any idea where sonic came in at on the japanese poll, no idea who was on it other than I heard Geno did well but again my computer is a real pain to search for these things <plus im lazy> I'm psyched for sonic and seein the old school game bein added gives me alot of hope for him bein in brawl. Let's hope its not in vain.

icymatt

Smash Lord
There were no mentions on Sonic on Sakurai's site(well, there was one off-hand mention of him), although Shigeru Miyamoto stated he was their most requested character.

Also: Sonic was going to be a rabbit. That design ultimately evolved into the Genesis game/character Ristar.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There are so many moves that Sonic can do and so many things Mario can counter it with if this was not Brawl and they could use all their moves. Anybody want to argue who would win?

kaid

Smash Master
Well, Mario only has, at lost, 3 HP. (Fireflower/cape/whatever, Mushroom, small) plus one stored item he can use in combat. Sonic can have an overshield that damages anyone that touches him, plus he can run around and collect the rings he drops when he gets hit, to stay alive. The Fire shield would also protect Sonic from Fireballs, so Mario would have to rely on a nearby Koopa to donate it's shell as a projectile, to take out the fireshield. If there is no koopa, I see no way for Mario to hurt Sonic without getting hurt in return.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If you are going to take the platforming root anyway. CoughInvincibleStarCough. But I am talking about absolutlely (sp?) everything they have now.

Edit: I just realized it would be safer for my rep if I didn't argue so just forget it.

kaid

Smash Master
Sonic has a similar item, so I simply assume they both wear off at the same time.

With ALL abilities... I would argure that Super Sonic could defeat NSMB Giant Mario.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Sonic has a similar item, so I simply assume they both wear off at the same time.

With ALL abilities... I would argure that Super Sonic could defeat NSMB Giant Mario.
I was thinking more along the lines of Metal Mario. He may never hit Sonic but he would never take damage. An extra bonus is infintite stamina which he already has anyway and the ability to not breath. Also, NSMB Giant Mario is invincible. Care to argue your point?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was thinking more along the lines of Metal Mario. He may never hit Sonic but he would never take damage. An extra bonus is infintite stamina which he already has anyway and the ability to not breath. Also, NSMB Giant Mario is invincible. Care to argue your point?
Erm, Super Sonic is invincible.

BTW, regardless, I believe Hyper Sonic > Any Mario.

kaid

Smash Master
Sonic can stay away from Mario until Mario's powerups disapear. This applys to the Star, Gian shroom, and metal and Invisibility caps. It forces Sonic to waste Super time, but since he always starts with 60 rings, and it uses 1 ring a second, it should last 15-30 seconds longer than Mario's powerups, assuming Sonic cannot get more rings.

icymatt

Smash Lord
They're only going to fight for a few minutes before realizing it's all a big misunderstanding, then they'll team-up to fight the REAL enemy.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Hey, Mario has dealt with worse in the past. Watch the opening of Paper Mario. He had his a** handed to him on a silver plater. Bowser had infinite power in that game by the way. I want to see Sonic fight Bowser with his star rod and win. I doubt he could do it.

kaid

Smash Master
...the classic responce of a fast character to someone holding an item that makes them invincible, is to attack the item.

Knocking the star Rod out of Bowsers hands should level the playing field.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
...the classic responce of a fast character to someone holding an item that makes them invincible, is to attack the item.

Knocking the star Rod out of Bowsers hands should level the playing field.
His body is covered by a force field and don't you think Mario would have done that?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I do not care to argue anymore. It is a hundred to one in this thread anyway... But Sonic is still awesome and I doubt that Mario vs Sonic would be over so quickly as Sonic being the winner. Give a little cred to the old plumber man.

kaid

Smash Master
*???*

Going strictly by the games, and given full powerups of the contestant's choice, Sonic whould have an unfair advantage.

Sonic vs Mario- Sonic wins

Sonic vs Mario, Link, Samus, Fox, and Kirby... Sonic lost.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
So you just assume that Sonic would win hands down? That doesn't sound like a fair argument. If that was the case, why the hell do people want to see the fight so badly?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
This is kind of a really stupid argument. You don't understand why people want to see the fight because you're only 15 years old. It's really that simple.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
This is kind of a really stupid argument. You don't understand why people want to see the fight because you're only 15 years old. It's really that simple.
No I do. The Nintendo and Sega rivalry right? I don't see how you can just decide that I am 15 if you don't know me. I could have lied. But who am I kidding? Yeah I am 15.

Edit: Being 15 I am automatically wrong about everything right? But seriously, I was just saying that it isn't fair that you can just say BAM! Sonic wins! Or he is faster so he wins automatically. Honestly, unless they hold a Mario vs Sonic game this question will never be resolved and people will continue to argue.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No I do. The Nintendo and Sega rivalry right?
Even if I hadn't looked at your profile, it's comments like that that give it away. Asking for confirmation means that you've heard of such a thing as Nintendo and Sega not being on the same side, and you obviously don't know from experience just how deep this rivalry actually went. Sorry. :p

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Even if I hadn't looked at your profile, it's comments like that that give it away. Asking for confirmation means that you've heard of such a thing as Nintendo and Sega not being on the same side, and you obviously don't know from experience just how deep this rivalry actually went. Sorry. :p
I know how deep it is. I didn't think I would have to go into detail though. Young gamers can play old games and find out things...

kaid

Smash Master
I did not assume anything. I simply pointed out the relative lengths of their invinvibility moves, and that the Fireshield prevents Fire damage, which would include Mario's fireballs. It also is a continius attack around him, so mario would have a hard time beating him without using a Koopa shell to take out that shield.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kaid's got the idea right.

BTW, Hyper Sonic > Mario.

So powerful that he was limited to one game, and to have that one game, you had to combine the power of two others.

(I truly hope people understand my sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom