• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
I was not sure about the third party chars untill I played a flash game on Newgrounds called Super Smash Flash. The game is decent and The menu screens looks alot like Meele. Anyways, sonic is playable there with tails, knucles, shadow(unlockable) and other 3rd party chars. I now fully support Sonic and Shadow coming to Brawl

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I was not sure about the third party chars untill I played a flash game on Newgrounds called Super Smash Flash. The game is decent and The menu screens looks alot like Meele. Anyways, sonic is playable there with tails, knucles, shadow(unlockable) and other 3rd party chars. I now fully support Sonic and Shadow coming to Brawl
Shadow in Brawl you say?

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Sonic's Super Smash: SUPER SONIC a.k.a The S5 (I know it sound's lame S5)

I Not sure if anyone did these on here (i didn't want to read 683 posts) But i kinda been thinking on how Soinc's Super Smash would work

SUPER SMASH: Super Sonic
Sonic will bring out the seven chaos emeralds and transform in to super sonic. Everything would be the same but stronger except for his special moves.

B- Chaos Blast
Super sonic will charge up an explosion around himself.(can not be held) The longer you hold it the more range and power it will have.

B Up- Chaos Control
Super sonic will teleport doing damage to any one in his pass.

(Didn't put much thought) B Side- Rapid Fire
Super sonic will run into an enemy and grab him/her. Then do a series of high speed hits around his enemy (All you would see is flashs of light going around the enemy a.k.a Sonic) and finishs with a elbow thrust small knock back. it will be easy to counter.

B Down- Dive bomb
Super sonic goes up into the air and crashes into the ground making a mid range shockwave more damage if some one is right under him.

Special features:

Glide- super sonic will be able to glide if you hold the jump button

Time limit- Super sonic won't last long about a minute worth (I think less wouldn't be enough).

Power- His attacks will increase in power and speed.

Power failure- when the time llimit is up sonic will take 10% damage and be tried for a sec.

That's what I got for his Super Smash hope you think it's ok.

Please comment.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Shadow in Brawl, you say?

Shadow has no place in Smash. Hell, Shadow has no place in SONIC GAMES. He should have stayed dead after Sonic Adventure 2.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
He could have his guns from shadow the game.
But your right most likely his not going to be in Brawl.
Oh and McFox not say your wrong in smash but the sonic series a little over board if you ask me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
primusfan, how many times does it need to be said. Shadow will not be a clone of Sonic, nor is he as is. Whether his idea was to be an Evil Sonic or not does not make him a clone. I am not saying he should be in Brawl, but even if he was somehow, he wouldn't be a clone. He's not even related to Sonic himself. And unlike the other clones(minus Ganondorf), he has his own moves, his own personalities, and many differences. They share few things in common, those being Speed and being Hedgehogs. That's really it.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Idk how shadow would work but he would most likely use some form of chaos control
shadow will most likely bring in guns from his game, Nintendo had a similar problem with snake saying they did not want guns in brawl
finally, don't dis shadow he rocks too
I would kill to have a pair of rocket shoes like his(kidding)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Have I mentioned that when Shadow died in Sonic Adventure 2, he should have DIED? I'm pretty sure I did.

Shadow is so overused now I'm getting sick of him. He was a great character in Adventure 2, and the fact that he sacrificed himself at the end made a great story element.

Not that I'm surprised that Sega (and preteends) keep hammering us over the head with how "awesome" he is.

kaid

Smash Master
Shadow shouldn't be using guns. In the sonicverse, that's TAIL'S stuff.

Shadow gets in a car and grabs a gun, it's a GTA ripoff. Tails could spray paint Samus's armor yellow, and put it on, and STILL be better than Shadow with guns.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
no guns for shadow
the bigest original debate about snake (after the third party) was his moveset and his guns
Nintendo said they don't want guns and Snake does not have guns he has explosives
check the Smash Bros Site if you don't believe me

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, we're kind of on-the-ball around here. We know basically everything Sakurai has said about the game.

That doesn't make Shadow a good character, or one that should be considered even for a moment.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
He's better than the new thread about Pachirisu
Not really, Shadow is a really bad character choice because he ends all hopes of having another 3rd party character in the game, (so many more deserving and original characters all vying for one slot), Pachirisu doesn't....

Plus, Pachirisu is a squirrel...:lick:

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Not really, Shadow is a really bad character choice because he ends all hopes of having another 3rd party character in the game, (so many more deserving and original characters all vying for one slot), Pachirisu doesn't....

Plus, Pachirisu is a squirrel...:lick:
plz explain how Shadow ends all hope of having another 3rd party character in the game

besides barely anything is known about Pachirisu and he isn't in anything yet
plz don't give me the wikipedia article
and plz don't go talking about how Lucario isn't in anything either, he has his own movie

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Okay, Sakurai said a maxiumum of 3 third party characters. Since Snake is already in, this leaves a maximum of 2 more 3rd parties. Before a side character of a game can get in, the main character has to get in first. So, Sonic becomes an auto inclusion to add Shadow. Then, we add Shadow, which maxes out 3rd party.

I'm not saying that Pachirisu is a good character, I'm just saying that there are so many better uses for the last 3rd party slot than Shadow.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It is.

Silver Flame, check SamuraiPanda's translation topic in the General Brawl room. Panda translated pretty much everything Sakurai has said about the game from the Japanese site.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
It is.

Silver Flame, check SamuraiPanda's translation topic in the General Brawl room. Panda translated pretty much everything Sakurai has said about the game from the Japanese site.
#31-40: Non-Nintendo characters added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform. The tentative number of non-Nintendo characters to be added is 1-2.

That is the line.

I also don't necessarily see why Shadow would be a must. I would actually see tails as more of a must than Shadow, because he has more history with sonic. If Mega Man X was in Zero wouldn't necessarily have to be (though i would love it).

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
#31-40: Non-Nintendo characters added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform. The tentative number of non-Nintendo characters to be added is 1-2.

That is the line.

I also don't necessarily see why Shadow would be a must. I would actually see tails as more of a must than Shadow, because he has more history with sonic. If Mega Man X was in Zero wouldn't necessarily have to be (though i would love it).
it says tenative that means it could change

icymatt

Smash Lord
That doesn't mean Shadow, though. It could mean Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, AND Bomberman. I hope not, though. Three 3rd party characters is good enough to get most of the really big guns and keep enough space for mainly Nintendo characters.

But how many third party characters appear in the game is dependent ENTIRELY on what the which 3rd parties want what.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^^

I agree with Icymatt, even if there were more open spots for third party, they would fill each one up with different series

len1

Smash Journeyman
i support sonic 4 brawl and costume wise he could just have diffrent quill colours like yoshis skin.
and he has been on a nintendo platform Gamecube AND GBA so yeah he would be a perfect candidate for brawl and the movesets disscussed before could be fused together to make a really good one

as for shadow he could center more on chaos control...say that could be sonics UpB like Zeldas UpB

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
hey i put shadow up bc he was much better than sonic in the flash game and i liked the idea of shadow in brawl.
i agree more third party charecters should go in before extra charecters that already have a charecter from there series. i also agree that tails and knucles should go in before shadow.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Whoa, whoa, guns is TAILS thing? *would quote Dr. Phils line on Scary Movie 4, but it's cencored here*

Nack/Fang was the first Sonic character with a gun. Eggman held a gun to Amy's head after that. Then Tails picked up a gun in Battle, and then Shadow picked up a gun. Guns are far from Tails thing.

Well,besides all of the fire arms controversy,i'm all for Sonic in brawl.

I can preety much see him fighting because he has fought before via Sonic Battle for the GBA.

And also Sonic has had alot of titles on Nintendo consoles lately:

Sonic Advance:GBA
Sonic Advance 2:GBA
Sonic Advance 3:GBA
Sonic Battle:GBA
Sonic Adventure 2:Battle: (GCN)
Sonic Adventure DX: (GCN)

Non Exclusive:

Sonic Riders:GCN
Sonic Heroes:GCN

Upcoming exclusive:

Sonic Wild Fire(Nintendo Wii)

So i guess that qualifies.Not to mention Nintedo and Sega have been getting closer together since the DC incient.Sonic is a sure fire to get in Brawl.

bbb

Smash Champion
I only want Sonic in if he brings the Green Hill Zone with him for a level, that'd be pretty tough!

JPW

Smash Ace
Well,besides all of the fire arms controversy,i'm all for Sonic in brawl.

I can preety much see him fighting because he has fought before via Sonic Battle for the GBA.

And also Sonic has had alot of titles on Nintendo consoles lately:

Sonic Advance:GBA
Sonic Advance 2:GBA
Sonic Advance 3:GBA
Sonic Battle:GBA
Sonic Adventure 2:Battle: (GCN)
Sonic Adventure DX: (GCN)

Non Exclusive:

Sonic Riders:GCN
Sonic Heroes:GCN

Upcoming exclusive:

Sonic Wild Fire(Nintendo Wii)

So i guess that qualifies.Not to mention Nintedo and Sega have been getting closer together since the DC incient.Sonic is a sure fire to get in Brawl.

There's also Sonic Rush on DS.

Sonic has his chance on his history and hype alone.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Sonic and the other 3rd party characters are to be the icing of the Super Smash Bros cake.
If he doesn't make it, there's gonna be a lot of discord so I don't think the developers have a choice. It MUST happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom