• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

len1

Smash Journeyman
they should put in Sonic, Wolf, Diddy and Krystal

mainly due to the unique moveset options

primusfan

Smash Ace
In my opinion, Shadow should not be in at all. If anyone gets in with Sonic, it should be Tails or Knuckles. Knuckles preferrably since he's always had good fighting skills in the SA games.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ok back to sonic,
we agree he should be in but what about tails, Knucles, and Shadow?
They don't deserve the spot, only Sonic does.

Now stop with this "Sonic's partner" nonsense. Sonic is all we need to die happy.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Clones don't follow normal standards and regulations. How else would you explain Pichu and Doc in Melee? They are in NO WAY All-Stars. So, Sonic could have a clone [Tails/Knuckles/Shadow] and it wouldn't be considered one of the "1-2 more third party characters only" thing.

However, I do not think Sakurai thinks that way, nor do I think the owner of said third party character thinks that way either.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Alright, I am just going to jump out and say that there is slim to no chance of a Sonic partner or firend or whatever appearing. Only Sonic. Reasons you ask?

1. Every Nintendo character would need a second character. If Sonic had a second character then it would not be fair to characters like Ness who are Nintendo.
2. If Sonic makes it in, he will be a guest character and these types of characters don't deserve special treatment over the other characters, it would be a treat for that character alone to be in at all.
3. Sure the 3rd party characters appearing is subject to change but then that would mean a chance for a character appearing from another franchise rather than the same 3rd party franchise.
4. You make up a fourth reason because I am tired of posting reasons.

That is all.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Okay, lets think of something new pertaining to Sonic........how could his spin-dash be used in Brawl? Maybe the same way Jigglypuff rolls around (her B move).

kaid

Smash Master
Spindash is, by it's very nature, a ground-only move. Whether it's a sidesmash, or a ground vB that you mash to charge, it will, by it's very nature, make itself different from rollout.

len1

Smash Journeyman
maybe it could be in the same vain as falcon kick? as in it goes horizontally on ground and diagonally in the air?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In the video games he is unable to Spin Dash, but do you notice how he manages to do it so easily in the air in the animated cartoons and movie? Kinda funny.

I wouldn't mind Sonic having an aerial spindash, but I'd much rather prefer the bounce bracelet power, or the tornado technique in SH.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
However, vB on the GROUND is the Spindash. It's not even a question. It IS the Spindash. It's the exact move from Sonic games that are good. Hold down, and keep pressing B to charge up. Release down to go. It's just that simple.

I don't understand how someone who grew up with 3D Sonic (where the "B" Spindash comes from) could actually like him. 2D is the only place where Sonic has ever been any good.

I disagreed with him at the time, but it's better than all the craziness you people are spouting about where Sonic can do the Spin Dash like you've never played a Genesis game in your life. (Although the Sonic Adventure games don't deserve the bad press)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
in the anime i think he has to have a ring to spin dash in the air and in the games he can't spindash in the air but he has a homing attack
In the show, He uses it to gain a bosst of power and speed. I know im alittle late here but i think sonic would be a great choice for brawl. Im a big Sonic fan. I know everything about him. from his show to his comics to his games and so on. You can ask me anything about him and I would most likely know the answer...maybe. But yea, two thumbs up for Sonic.:laugh:

Shark X

Smash Lord
In the show, He uses it to gain a bosst of power and speed. I know im alittle late here but i think sonic would be a great choice for brawl. Im a big Sonic fan. I know everything about him. from his show to his comics to his games and so on. You can ask me anything about him and I would most likely know the answer...maybe. But yea, two thumbs up for Sonic.:laugh:
Really...hmm...test.

1. What game did Sonic become 16, and what game did he become 15 again?

2. Who technically appeared first, Amy Rose and Metal Sonic, or Tails?

3. What was the one and only Sonic game that the cartoon/Archie characters appeared in?

4. How old was Tails when he debuted, and what game did he jump 3 years ahead in?

5. Same question, but for Amy Rose this time.

6. What purple character was the first Sonic character to use a gun? Whats his Japanese name, his US name, did he first debute in the comics or games, whats his occupation in the comics, and what is it in the games? And name the 3 games he appeared in, as well as the fourth game he was planned to be in, but never made it.

Bonus: What was Sonic originally going to be before he became a Hedgehog?

Here's a hint, some of these may be trick questions.

Anyone besides McFox and Kraid that can answer all of that, will impress me ^^ McFox and Kraid I can tell are huge Sonic fans too.

kaid

Smash Master
2) Sonic CD was originally slated to come out before Sonic 2, but due to delays, Tails reached the public first.

6) Fang the sniper/nack the weasel. I don't remember anything else about him.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Kaid, I meant Kaid, not Kraid >.< Don't know why I keep thinking your name is Kraid >.< And thanks for answering one of the trick questions -.- Your one of the two I didn't expect to do that because I already assumed you knew >.<

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Really...hmm...test.

1. What game did Sonic become 16, and what game did he become 15 again?

2. Who technically appeared first, Amy Rose and Metal Sonic, or Tails?

3. What was the one and only Sonic game that the cartoon/Archie characters appeared in?

4. How old was Tails when he debuted, and what game did he jump 3 years ahead in?

5. Same question, but for Amy Rose this time.

QUOTE]

1) I belive he became 15 when Sonic adventure 2 came out. And I dont think there was a game where he became 16

3) I'm sure it was Sonic fighters

Im only really know about soinc. I know about the rest of the gang but not very well

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sonic the Fighters, that game's roster consisted of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Espio the Chameleon, Nack, two original characters(Bark and Bean), plus Metal Sonic and Eggman as bosses.

To my knowledge, the only game that uses cartoon characters is Mean Bean Machine.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm pretty sure it wasn't Sonic the Fighters, that game's roster consisted of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Espio the Chameleon, Nack, two original characters(Bark and Bean), plus Metal Sonic and Eggman as bosses.

To my knowledge, the only game that uses cartoon characters is Mean Bean Machine.
I was thinking of that game too. but its a puzzle game so I thought it would not count and such. but who know. it could be one of them. Or just both. But I belive it is sonic fighters. could be wrong. but this is my final answer.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well, Icymatt just mentioned a game I forgot about. But there were two games with cartoon characters then.
so about those two question. was I right? or did I screw up? Im pretty sure I got number two right.unless it was a trick question.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Okay...I did some thinking, and one of the two games with cartoon/comic characters is Sonic Spinball.

len1

Smash Journeyman
I disagreed with him at the time, but it's better than all the craziness you people are spouting about where Sonic can do the Spin Dash like you've never played a Genesis game in your life. (Although the Sonic Adventure games don't deserve the bad press)
are you referring to me?

Shark X

Smash Lord
You didn't even guess Number 2 correctly. And what the hell characters in Fighters appeared in any cartoons?

So far the only questions that were answered correctly were...

2 by Kaid. 3 by Icymatt. Kaid only answered a small ammount of 6. If no one even tries to answer these questions next time I'm on, I'll post the answers for 1, 4, 5, and 6.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You didn't even guess Number 2 correctly. And what the hell characters in Fighters appeared in any cartoons?

So far the only questions that were answered correctly were...

2 by Kaid. 3 by Icymatt. Kaid only answered a small ammount of 6. If no one even tries to answer these questions next time I'm on, I'll post the answers for 1, 4, 5, and 6.
Dang man. Chill out here. I said I might know the question. There is no need to get all mean and stuff......is there? Im wrong. ok. No need for the attitude. We are just having a discussion about Sonic. that is all. Relax

Shark X

Smash Lord
Now what the hell are you talking about? There was no meaness, so stop accuseing me of stuff that didn't even happen O.o

And I didn't mean 'you didn't guess 2 correctly'. I meant 'you didn't guess 2 at all'. You guessed 1, and 3.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

when you said this^. But oh well. not that I think about it. You where not mean at all. I just took "hell" as a sign of mean. Sorry then dude, I'll be mature and say sorry. My bad. Its I get into things with people who act stupid on the site and I sometimes get edgy. once again, sorry dude

Shark X

Smash Lord
So your saying I'm acting stupid >.> j/k

I curse all the time. Curseing is good for the soul >.> At least, until your dead, then you may not like the results <.<

But if the D word, and the *** word were uncencored, I'd be useing those in like, every post XD especially saince my IRL catch phrase is "*******" XD

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What a coincidence, my catchphrase is also "*******." Of course, hitting 7 astericks in a row gets redundant sometimes, but that's the downfalls of having an awesome catchphrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom