• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindSideChaos

Smash Rookie
this thread seems to be dying =[
and yea i think it would get alot more sales if sonic was on the cover, but also, it might not because some people really wanna get this game do to certain characters theyre hoping are gonna make the cut, if anyone thinks like that for sonics case, and he is on the cover it would most likley ruin the hype.
right?
anyway, one or two third party characters is fine WITH sonic, but without? it would ruin the game for me. thats just my opinion.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
To repeat what i said from your other thread:

Nintendo is waiting for 3rd parties to come to them and not the other way around? That's ********.

primusfan

Smash Ace
To repeat what i said from your other thread:

Nintendo is waiting for 3rd parties to come to them and not the other way around? That's ********.
Yes, I agree. That's extremely ********. Nintendo probably thinks that now, just because Hideo Kojima begged for Snake to be in, that every game company is gonna beg. Nintendo needs to get out there and ask the companies themselves. SEGA is probably not gonna beg for Sonic to be in.

JPW

Smash Ace
i kind of hope we hear something soon about Sonic's involvement, but then the hype could die. Is what i'm afraid of.

I like what they say how Sonic is the most requested character, i'm also reckon Sega wont beg, but they would have to be pretty dumb not to take the opportunity of a lifetime 15 years in the making.

Maybe Sega has come to them, not actually beg. but Ninty is keeping tight lipped cause they know what this could do to the game. Cause let's face it, the moment people start hearing Soinc is in, we wont care who makes the cut. Well I wont, you guys still might, but if they had all crap newcomers from now, as long as Sonic was in, I couldn't care less who's comes and go's. They'll also keep the originals, so I wont need to worry.

Maybe Sega will come at the last minute, just to tease everyone. Be so funny, Ninty have their 3 3rd Party characters, Sega then comes along, and says you can have Sonic, and Ninty would be like, "oh great, this is an awesome opportuinty and we have no more slots left..... Oh I guess it wouldn't hurt to make a 4th What about our promise?"
"What about it, we promise lots of things, sometimes we deliver sometimes we don't."

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Don't know what you meant by delivering or not but I do know that Mario vs Sonic is one of the biggest dream matches of all time. If Sonic made it in, then Mario vs Sonic would be the start of several arguments, polls, and matches.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Ah, Mario v. Sonic. THE BATTLE OF A LIFETIME!::psycho: Well, with Miyamoto and all of Nintendo knowing that Sonic is the most wanted newcomer in Brawl, I now think he has a much bigger chance.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Granted that Sonic would be cool.....erm....FREAKIN AWESOME!....but he would be even more difficult to create a moveset for than Snake or Pit (only shoots arrows in his games, at least the NES version).

What I mean is, he SHOULD have moves like Jigg's B for his B, Yoshi's Forward-B for his Forward-B, probably something similar to Samus' recovery, (I admit a Down-B is eluding me). But that's just it, these moves are all taken. So either Jiggs, Yoshi, Samus need new moves or Sonic REALLY gets original, maybe to the point that the moves are TOO farfetched and becomes a total cop-out.

Meh....will just have to have faith. I mean, if they can make movesets for Fire Emblem characters, Shiek, IC, and the furries, then anything is possible (see: respective games). :chuckle:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Let's look at some characters that you wouldn't expect to have movesets, but they obviously did for Melee.

Shiek-Resembles a ninja, she's fast, not that challenging.

IC-They have huge hammers, that should be easy.

Fox/Falco-Had to start from scratch, but they sure did a good job.

Captain Falcon-See above.

Mr.G&W-Not as hard to make a moveset for him as many people think, most(if not all) of his moves are from his games.

SONIC-Come on, he's fast, likes to roll into a ball, uses special moves in his games and athletic, it's not that hard. Other people in this thread have, obviously, made movesets for him, and they don't seem so bad.

The real question is, can they keep him balanced like Mario? Well his stats would probably look something like this.

Strength:2
Speed:5
Weight:3
Height:3
Jump:3
Range:2

Don't know, the speed bothers me. Whatever, just as long as he gets in.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you guys think a moveset for Sonic will be hard? He has more than enough moves in his mainline games.

^B Tails Catch: Tails flies in and grabs sonic, carrying him upward then dropping him. Is possible to miss Tails.
B Spin Dash: Sonic rolls in a ball and charges his spins dash, then barrels forward, damaging all in his path. Speed is increased by 1.5 for ten seconds afterward.
<>B Homing attack, Sonic flies through the air towards the nearest enemy or item in that direction. Can be ruined by the enemy you're homing towards throwing an item, making you home in on that.
VB Bounce Ball. sonic bounces on the ground beneath him, can be chained. Is easy to damage him while he's doing this move, however.

These might be overpowered, but his A attacks will prolly be crap, and they can be tweaked until they work.

icymatt

Smash Lord
It's true, Sonic is ridiculously easy to make up moves for. Besides the speed and athletic ability, his games contain a large number of pre-constructed moves, with NAMES even: Spindash(\/B), Homing Attack(/\B), Light Dash(B), Sonic Wind(<>B), etc. There's even more than that if you look it up.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
And once again, someone totally screws up what should be the easiest Sonic move to implement in the world.

EnFerris said:
VB Bounce Ball. sonic bounces on the ground beneath him, can be chained. Is easy to damage him while he's doing this move, however.
Sorry, but that's wrong. vB in the AIR is the Bounce Ball.

However, vB on the GROUND is the Spindash. It's not even a question. It IS the Spindash. It's the exact move from Sonic games that are good. Hold down, and keep pressing B to charge up. Release down to go. It's just that simple.

I don't understand how someone who grew up with 3D Sonic (where the "B" Spindash comes from) could actually like him. 2D is the only place where Sonic has ever been any good.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't understand how someone who grew up with 3D Sonic (where the "B" Spindash comes from) could actually like him. 2D is the only place where Sonic has ever been any good.
QFT. Sonic Heroes was alright, but can never compete with the Genesis Sonic.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Most people who hate on 3D Sonics don't usually blame Sonic himself, though. they either blame his stupid, unfun-to-play-as buddies, that stupid piece of !@#$ camera, or both.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
And once again, someone totally screws up what should be the easiest Sonic move to implement in the world.

However, vB on the GROUND is the Spindash. It's not even a question. It IS the Spindash. It's the exact move from Sonic games that are good. Hold down, and keep pressing B to charge up. Release down to go. It's just that simple.

Agreed. How the hell is Down B NOT the Spindash? Sonic Adventure was great and all, but dude... go back and play Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Or Sonic CD. You prolly have, but go back in time when they were new and play them, like I did when I was actually there. THAT'S Sonic, not this pansy who runs with his hands behind his back and fights evil clones of himself with crappy J-rock in the background :laugh:

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman

Ah! Would that were so. I would have kept that the same if it wasn't for one simple reason: Kirby. IF any move of sonic should be absorbed, it should be Sonic's signature move, yes. THE move that makes Sonic Sonic. Therefore such a signature move should be B so Kirby absorbs it. B in the air could be bounce ball, though. I would be fine if VB was Spin dash, mind, I just don't think it'll be too much of a problem to make B spin dash so Kirby could get it.

Anyway, if Bounce Ball and Spin Dash were the same move in air or on ground, then SOnic would definiteely be overpowered .

Also, Sonic 3 is more or less my favorite game. It was all about giving Kirby the Spin Dash. Sonic ADventures wasn't as bad as you were making out to be, either.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Most people who hate on 3D Sonics don't usually blame Sonic himself, though. they either blame his stupid, unfun-to-play-as buddies, that stupid piece of !@#$ camera, or both.
Blarg. That camera was worse than the first KH camera. And I agree with flipTroopa and McFox, SONIC IS SYNONOMOUS WITH SPINDASH!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ah! Would that were so. I would have kept that the same if it wasn't for one simple reason: Kirby. IF any move of sonic should be absorbed, it should be Sonic's signature move, yes. THE move that makes Sonic Sonic. Therefore such a signature move should be B so Kirby absorbs it. B in the air could be bounce ball, though. I would be fine if VB was Spin dash, mind, I just don't think it'll be too much of a problem to make B spin dash so Kirby could get it.
So, characters' movesets should be based around whether or not it works with Kirby?

Anyway, if Bounce Ball and Spin Dash were the same move in air or on ground, then SOnic would definiteely be overpowered .
I don't think so. The Bounce isn't exactly a power move, and the Spindash shouldn't be able to be done in the air anyway.

Damax

Smash Lord
Nintendo waits for the 3rd parties to ask them to allow one of there character in ssbb. reason: easier to bargain.

if Nintendo beg for a character to be in but doesn't belong to Nintendo, they'll have to pay the legal stuff and ****s. The right for nintendo to use that character. But if a third party start begging, it does mean cheaper character. I don't think solid snake was just gived in.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wow, such hatred for Sonic on that forum.

Its ridiculous.
I agree. and what's with the guy calling in SMBB? People said no sonic, but gave no good reasons. "NO ONE LIKES HIM ANYMORE!" "HE HAS NO MOVES!". Apparently, they have no good taste in characters

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
So, characters' movesets should be based around whether or not it works with Kirby?
Sort of, I just think that B moves should fall more along the lines of signature moves whenever possible. Keep in mind, my preference for a B spindash is slight.

I don't think so. The Bounce isn't exactly a power move, and the Spindash shouldn't be able to be done in the air anyway.
It's not as much the dual move as the fifth move that would arise. I don't want to see Sonic Wind as a move, as it was one of the worse move ideas from sonic Adventures. Either way, the B move would have to be rotten to balance, and I'm sick of rotten B moves.

avyuir

Smash Cadet
What about Rouge the Bat. She is soooo cool.
Rouge is so pimp!!!She would be a cool addition to Brawl aswell because she is a girl and she doesn't use a sword!:laugh:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Or how about Ray the Flying Squirrel? Or a Chao?!

I'm getting tired of Sonic's friends. The entire cast of Sonic should be:

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Robotnik
robots

and that's it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Or how about Ray the Flying Squirrel? Or a Chao?!

I'm getting tired of Sonic's friends. The entire cast of Sonic should be:

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Robotnik
robots

and that's it.
I would rather just see Sonic by himself in Brawl. That would be a waste of character space or were you being sarcastic? I honestly want Geno more but if they can squeze them both in, I will die a happy man.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Who the f*** is barbara the bat
Barbara the bat is the protaganist from the game Diagasso! Band Brothers, but you may know it better as Jam with The Band, one of the games Nintendo hyped America about when the DS was going to be released, but never made it. You can still order it from http://www.lik-sang.com or buy it at FRY's Electronics. It's a really fun game, and she would fit into Smash so easily it isn't even funny.

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Barbara the bat is the protaganist from the game Diagasso! Band Brothers, but you may know it better as Jam with The Band, one of the games Nintendo hyped America about when the DS was going to be released, but never made it. You can still order it from http://www.lik-sang.com or buy it at FRY's Electronics. It's a really fun game, and she would fit into Smash so easily it isn't even funny.
Thats special:laugh: I really actually didn't need to know

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I would rather just see Sonic by himself in Brawl. That would be a waste of character space or were you being sarcastic? I honestly want Geno more but if they can squeze them both in, I will die a happy man.
I was talking about Sonic games themselves, not Brawl.

Only Sonic should appear in Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
There should only be one character per company/franchise, so IM hoping the other 2 3rd party characters are sonic and megaman...

Shark X

Smash Lord
Wow, this game is getting closer and closer to a no buy for me. :(
What in the hell is WRONG with this idiot? Not buying a game because it would include Sonic, a very deserving character? Thats like not buying Melee because it has Pichu, a none deserving character...god I wish I bought Melee >.>

BlueImpulse

Smash Cadet
Spindash,
forward [steerable] dash,
neutral air = the slash jump from Sonic3 & Knuckles.
Sonic should most definetly be the fastest character in the game as well... Way faster than Captain Falcon and Fox... Possible use of power-ups from adventure games?
Basic punch punch kick combo for neutral a's.
Downthrow, grab throw on the ground, do a spin-dash on enemies ... body?
I don't know.. It's all very simple basic stuff for Sonic, despite him being the coolest character ever in a video game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom