• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
If Knuckles and/or Tails makes the cut it will be as ATs (this time around).
If Dr Robotnik makes the cut it will be as an AT or Boss (this time around).
If Shadow and/or Silver makes the cut it will be as alternate costumes for Sonic.
If anyone else from the Sonic series makes the cut, it will be as a trophy or sticker.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
I'm not expecting Tails to be a playable character, but I wouldn't mind.

I think Knux would be more likely though. He's a glider, after all. He's been around about as long as Tails and the... whole idea about flying as Tails is just kinda... a killer.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If Knuckles and/or Tails makes the cut it will be as ATs (this time around).
If Dr Robotnik makes the cut it will be as an AT or Boss (this time around).
If Shadow and/or Silver makes the cut it will be as alternate costumes for Sonic.
If anyone else from the Sonic series makes the cut, it will be as a trophy or sticker.
Maybe right, they were debating tails v. shadow... in that debate, tails wins. Tails has been around since Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Only Robotnik and Sonic have been around longer.

Of course, I am not too quick to say that there can't be a second sonic character but I am also not going to perdict one as well.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm not expecting Tails to be a playable character, but I wouldn't mind.

I think Knux would be more likely though. He's a glider, after all. He's been around about as long as Tails and the... whole idea about flying as Tails is just kinda... a killer.
Actually wrong... tails was in Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball, Sonic Chaos, and Sonic and Tails before Knuckles entered the scene on Sonic 3. Tails was already established by the time Knuckles came about. Not to mention the first cartoon series came out before Sonic 3 and had Tails in their episodes with Sonic.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Actually wrong... tails was in Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball, Sonic Chaos, and Sonic and Tails before Knuckles entered the scene on Sonic 3. Tails was already established by the time Knuckles came about. Not to mention the first cartoon series came out before Sonic 3 and had Tails in their episodes with Sonic.
indeed Tails was created way before Knuckles but imo, I would rather see Knuckels as a playable character (unlikely to happen but I can dream) IDK why but I just seem to like him more than Tails since he's more of a "tough guy" than tails

I think only Sonic will make the cut since he was the most demanded 3rd party character
you are probably right since it wouldn't make sense to put two 3rd party's from the same series in seeing there are alot more 3rd party out there (although it would be nice for it too happen I wouldn't mind)

how many days will it take for sakurai to reveal sonic

the world may never know....
actually it could happen anytime, it might not even happen until Brawl is released or afterwards indeed no one knows,

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
"Mr Turtle, how many updates does it take to get to the Sonic-in-Brawl center of a Smash-Dojo?"

"I-I-I never made it without hacking. A-ask Mr. Sakurai."

. . . {some time later} . . .

"Mr Sakurai, how many updates does it take to get to the Sonic-in-Brawl center of a Smash-Dojo?"

"Let me see now, ah yes: A-one, a-two-hoo, a-threeee... to eight more weeks."

OmegaXXII

^ that was a good one lol, but yea we might see some sign of Sonic exactly two months from today when Brawl FINALLY gets released until then, the world may never know

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
(Awesome comic dude!!)

And yeh, I also have that hunch that Sonic will be in Brawl, I mean, SURELY they can't just let all us fans down now, they would have said that he wouldn't be in it weeks/months ago to stop us ranting :laugh:

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Mario and Sonic At The Olympics improve Sonic chance further,Sega are pretty much making a favor for Nintendo by adding Mario and Co. to the olympics game,so why not add Sonic to SSBB?
It will surely improve the sale for both SSBB and M&S At the Olympics come on its called strategy.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think that's a good point to bring up, for two reasons. First, critics are already saying this M&S@tOG is a decent game, and regardless of whether Sonic appears in Brawl or not, Mario being in the game IS going to make it sell better than it would without him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Tails was never meant to be a tough guy, he was suppose to be a strict side kick of Sonic. The storyline to Sonic 2 describes him as a kid who idolizes Sonic and follows him around everywhere. Tails also becomes the first person to learn Sonic's spin dash move. Overtime, they made him into an inventor like robotnik but you can still tell he has that "Robin to Batman" personality/theme.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think that's a good point to bring up, for two reasons. First, critics are already saying this M&S@tOG is a decent game, and regardless of whether Sonic appears in Brawl or not, Mario being in the game IS going to make it sell better than it would without him.
I also have heard rumors or comments from SEGA that they prefer Nintendo over Microsoft and Sony.

OmegaXXII

^well it's better that way otherwise we would probably have to kiss Sonic's chances in Brawl goodbye which would really be a bad thing for all Sonic fans around

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Tails was never meant to be a tough guy, he was suppose to be a strict side kick of Sonic. The storyline to Sonic 2 describes him as a kid who idolizes Sonic and follows him around everywhere. Tails also becomes the first person to learn Sonic's spin dash move. Overtime, they made him into an inventor like robotnik but you can still tell he has that "Robin to Batman" personality/theme.
*Clap Clap Clap*
Thanks for understanding what Tails is all about,he's only a kid after all and hasn't reached his true potential yet.

OmegaXXII

no, no, no, you misunderstood me when I said Knuckles was a toughguy is because I like his personality better than Tails, duh I know Tails is just a kid, but I never mentioned he was tough at all, all I mentioned was that I prefer Knucles over ails because of it's personality

volbound1700

Smash Master
no, no, no, you misunderstood me when I said Knuckles was a toughguy is because I like his personality better than Tails, duh I know Tails is just a kid, but I never mentioned he was tough at all, all I mentioned was that I prefer Knucles over ails because of it's personality
I don't... I want Tails because he is different and because IMO he is the second main character after Sonic. No character has been as pivotal in the beginning of the Sonic series as Tails. If you were around from 94-97 playing the originals, you would see the value of tails. Knuckles was a bad guy at first just like Shadow. IMO they should have keep Knuckles neutral and keep Shadow evil.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I don't... I want Tails because he is different and because IMO he is the second main character after Sonic. No character has been as pivotal in the beginning of the Sonic series as Tails. If you were around from 94-97 playing the originals, you would see the value of tails. Knuckles was a bad guy at first just like Shadow. IMO they should have keep Knuckles neutral and keep Shadow evil.

I completely agree with you,but i think it would be best if only Sonic was playable.
Tails and Knuckles can alway be Assist character,also it would be a way to somehow please both Tails and Knuckles fans and put them on a same equal level.

SonicMario

Smash Master
But to be Honest, theer might not be any Representation of Tails or Knuckles except for the normal trophies. I think th eonly representation in Sonic is: One character (Sonic), One stage, Couple of music themes, perhaps some enemies (Metal Gears were in the Snake stage), and normal trophies. That is all i hope for that is from the Sonic franchise

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope the stage looks old school with the tile dirt and all that weird stuff with robot crabs and things...

SonicMario

Smash Master
I hope the stage looks old school with the tile dirt and all that weird stuff with robot crabs and things...
QFT

Who honestly can't wait to find out how the sword-figthing will work? Sonic VS. Mario in an all-out Sword Duel and Brawl Fighting!

Considerably, all the moments that i'm not playing Brawl. I will be playing Super Mario Galaxy, or Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I'm gonna need to stack up on AA Batteries (:laugh:)

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
The level should feature Tails and Knuckles has cameo.
For exemple you see Tails flying in the background in the Tornado I and Knuckles could briefly appear and press a switch and make everyone fall down to their doom mwhahaha jk.

SiD

Smash Master
Maybe right, they were debating tails v. shadow... in that debate, tails wins. Tails has been around since Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Only Robotnik and Sonic have been around longer.

Of course, I am not too quick to say that there can't be a second sonic character but I am also not going to perdict one as well.
Actually, we were debating who was a better character, not who has higher chances.

Although Shadow is more popular than Tails, like it or not, so if a second Sonic character had any chance Shadow would be at least as high as Tails.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I also have heard rumors or comments from SEGA that they prefer Nintendo over Microsoft and Sony.
Hey, that's good news to me. :)

Though, I have no beef with Sony, they've been good to me. I have a PS2 and plan on getting a PS3 (when MGS4 comes out). I DO like them not approving of Microsoft, however. Everyone should hate Microsoft and the XBox. Piece of garbage is only good for Halo. Microsoft should stick to the PC, leave the console video game industry to Nintendo and Sony.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'd prefer Knux be his own character but he won't. Regardless if Tails was the 2nd main character of the series or not, he's not a fighter and therefore shouldn't be in a fighting game.

SiD

Smash Master
Hey, that's good news to me. :)

Though, I have no beef with Sony, they've been good to me. I have a PS2 and plan on getting a PS3 (when MGS4 comes out). I DO like them not approving of Microsoft, however. Everyone should hate Microsoft and the XBox. Piece of garbage is only good for Halo. Microsoft should stick to the PC, leave the console video game industry to Nintendo and Sony.
Are you serious? The Xbox 360 not only has more good games than PS3, but cross platform games look better on 360 anyway. All the PS3 is is a glorified Blu Ray player, not a game system.

SiD

Smash Master
^^^^
Just wait for MGS4, RE5, GT5, and GTA4.

EDIT:
And KH3 and Ratchet & Clank.
All of those except Ratchet and Clank and maybe MGS4 (it might go to both) are coming on 360, except KH witch is on PSP and DS, not PS3 anyway.

Plus, just wait on 360 for Mass Effect, a game so epic it could be the end of Chuck Norris forever.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
^^^^
Just wait for MGS4, RE5, GT5, and GTA4.

EDIT:
And KH3 and Ratchet & Clank.
That one's not comin' for a while. They've got 3 non-PS3 KH games to finish making before they get to that. Still, when it does come, it will surely cause me to purchase a PS3.

Sonic for Brawl.
Shadow for alt costume.
Tails for title of "Too Awesome For Brawl".
Knuckles for God tier of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom