• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You've never heard of Sonic's dad? And what about Manic?!?!?! He like totally disappeared. Bring him back, but as an Adult plz..
When you said "Jules", it sounded (in the vaguest possible way) familiar. But I've only read a few of the Sonic comics, and only so many episodes of one of the shows. So my experience with the 'hog and his friends outside of the video games is pretty limited.

But now that you says he's his dad, things are coming back to me. I'm basically picturing Sonic with big bushy gray eyebrows and mustache. And. . . partially robotic?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Your thinking of Sonic's Uncle Chuck!
Yes, I am!

*stops mid-way through cookie*

I have eaten that which I did not deserve. *bows head in shame*

EDIT: And Meta_Sonic can have the rest of that cookie. If he wants it.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I doubt they'll be able to put the Olympic Games in SSBB. They probably wouldn't get the licensing for it considering Smash has nothing to do with them other than Sonic and Mario.

Green Hill Zone all the way baby!
Good point, but then again that probably could have been a part of the exchange from the beginning when Mario and Sonic was announced.

I think SEGA would do it to advertise the game... personally I don't want one from that game (even though I think the Olympics is going to be awesome)... I would rather have Green Hill or more importantly Sky Fortress from Sonic 2 (my favorite all-time sonic level).

SonicMario

Smash Master
That can happen to a thread that makes it to 525 pages. But we're keeping it alive wht clear-cut discussion on Sonic, SiegK's comics, and discussing stuff we may have already discussed LONG before. But it isn't spamming. We can go beyond the Original Ridley Thread. (We're 2 to 3 pages to that thread's page number FYI)

Edit: Sonic 4 Brawl

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ahahahahahahahaha!
But seriously...

Sonic 4 Brawl
Geno 4 AT
And just for good measure:
ahahahahaha! lolz
I don't know who the hell you are, supporting Sonic is one thing but being a ******* by adding something about Geno as an AT in this thread is just idiotic

If Geno is in, he's a PC period...or he won't be in

(Yeah, I have no idea where the comment I just quoted came from...)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Saw this brought up with regards to ridley, but what would everyone do if there wasn't any Sonic in Brawl?

I would be upset. Game would lose a little flavor but still might get it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm already pesimistic enough that I would not be that affected...

...I have my doubts on all charaters I support

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
more on Sonic, which other character from the series should appear as an AT? I believe it should be either Silver, Knuckles, or Tails (I don't think a Sonic/Tails Duo would work) and Dr. Robotnik as a Boss in Subspace Emissary

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I personally wouldn't care if Sonic was in brawl. I also wouldn't hate it because the more characters the better, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high because if he's not in you'll just be more disappointed. It would be great if Knuckles joined too but that's not gonna happen.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think that if they add a second Sonic character, it should be Tails. While Shadow is popular among newer Sonic fans, fans of the old games, like myself, would probably like having Tails.

That said, I don't really see a problem w/ Shadow being an alternate costume to Sonic. I understand he is different from Sonic in the games, but honestly, not that different. The biggest difference, in my opinion, is the guns from Shadow's game. So I think he could vary well be an alternate costume. Also, when you choose that costume, it say you've chosen Shadow instead of Sonic. Plus it could be unlockable.

I will grant you that Shadow made more changes as more games with him appeared. The only one with him in it that I haven't played is Sonic Heroes, so there may be more to him that I don't know about.

Regardless, I doubt Nintendo wants to include to many third party characters, especially from one franchise, which is another reason I would prefer Shadow as a costume.

I'm not saying I don't like Shadow. I think he's one of the coolest editions to the Sonic series, but keep in mind, Sonic is still the main man. :)
Like this post. Old School fans favor tails like I have been saying.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
the only time i thought tails was uselfull was when my lil bro was playing sonic 2 with me and i had no rings.......knuckles was always cooler...red>yellow

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Tails is awesome.
Why is Tails awesome?

Because not only is he a super intelligent anthromorphic fox with two tails that he can use in his benefit to fly for short periods of time and coast along the ground at incredible speeds...

...but he's the only being on the planet of Mobius who knows how to swim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom