• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Dr. Mario and Roy should have replaced Ick and Lucas.
I'm... going to have to go against that. As much as I would have loved to see Roy and Dr. Mario return (Roy for being my better half than Marth in Melee... and Doctor for being my MAIN in Melee), Ike is yaddayaddayadda represents newer of the series... and Lucas is great. You've seriously got to check out MOTHER 3 some time.

If anything, Roy and Doc should have been put WITH Ike and Lucas. No one taken away... just added on.
...This goes out to you, Mewtwo.

SpadE!

Smash Rookie
agreed on the Mewtwo loss...really miss him and the old Gannondorf, i think the new one sucks. Biggest problem thus far with brawl IMO...lack of hit stun, no combos other than natural combos.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
some of ganondorfs attacks are acctually fast O_o
metakights cape should do more. seriously. its boring.
smashes need fixing, really.
pk thunder sucks at recovery when you cant see it.
marths and ikes counters are overpowerd. double power for D:
mewtwo should be back (but maybe different attacks since they kinda sucked, grabs were good though)
links Dair maybe be slow but its still overpowerd
bowser needs some kind of improvment, not really good matchups and stuff.
captain falcon needs more combos cuz he sucks more than ganon now!
they should have let you use custom stage on wi-fi
they need more custom stage stuff
kirby is still underpowerd with short range and a bad projectile.
snake has way more advantages that weaknesses.
sonic should have faster attacks as to his running
jiggilypuff has too many weaknesses
samus is a bit too slow

I'll think of more later

lol

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
I have many complaints.
1. All characters are slow compared to melee
2. No N64 stages?
3. Missing many Melee Stages
4. No Geno (Little Action Geno)
5. Where's Roy and Dr. Mario?
6. Not enough songs!
I'll add these to my list

lol

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Ganondorf is low tier, most likely, so if he has fast attacks WHO CARES. Do you honestly want to remove it to make him even worse?

Heh. You're CLEARLY a Meta Knight main. You're right, let's add more damage to MK's cape! He's not broken enough already, right?

Again, Link is low tier. One good attack is not game-breaking.

Your other complaints I pretty much agree with.

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is low tier, most likely, so if he has fast attacks WHO CARES. Do you honestly want to remove it to make him even worse?

Heh. You're CLEARLY a Meta Knight main. You're right, let's add more damage to MK's cape! He's not broken enough already, right?

Again, Link is low tier. One good attack is not game-breaking.

Your other complaints I pretty much agree with.
your dome, did I say more damage? no. get a life and I meant increase invincible duration, heck I'd even let them remove the attack choice for more invincible frames. hehe, even more if you could hold the button to extend duration, I hate people overusing projectiles.

also, I was talking about his dair which can be easy to use against someone since it last long, and can ware out shield is held and may hit the non-invincible frame of a dodge, so, yeah, lol.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
People who John on about MK are fail. We all know how they feel, and nothing they say is going to change anything. There were similar issues with Fox and Sheik in Melee, and they stayed unbanned in Melee for 5 years (and are still legal in tourney play). It's not like MK will be any different. It's not like MK is too hard to defeat, either.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
smashes need fixing, really.
pk thunder sucks at recovery when you cant see it.
marths and ikes counters are overpowerd. double power for D:
mewtwo should be back (but maybe different attacks since they kinda sucked, grabs were good though)
kirby is still underpowerd with short range and a bad projectile.
sonic should have faster attacks as to his running

I'll think of more later

lol
Yes,god forbid he becomes a non-crappy character.
Do you mean the move,or his cloth on his back? He can use to be invisible,youtube it.
Smashes need fixing...?
I use Lucas so much,I memorized the movement of Thunder,cant say since I havent use Ness as much
Tlink has the OP Dair
Agree on the stuff missing
Kirby has a GODLY Utilt(better than Snakes!),hell his combing potential is better in Brawl than in Melee
Agree on Snake.
If Sonic attacked as fast as he did run,he'd be insanely cheap.
Agree on everything else.

your dome, did I say more damage? no. get a life
I lol'd

Quajez

Smash Rookie
I dislike how peach got a big debuff and how certain characters can spam moves and grabs till your dead
:(

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
1. No combos

2. No melee's technical aspect (lack of "challenge")

3. Slowness/Floatiness

4. Due all of the things above; no "****" feeling (the feeling you get when comboing someone timing everything perfectly)

5. Not enough stages (for example, what ever happened to Fountain of Dreams or Kirbys Dreamland? I loved those stages)

6. Stupid story mode (yeah, I think SSE is completely useless, you beat it once and after that it feels like a waste of time. I can't believe Sakurai put some much effort into it)

7. Waiting such a long time the game to be released in Europe and realizing that melee is actually better.

8. Lack of competitiviness, to me brawl is just a party game

9. a) Personally, I miss Roy, his my sec in melee and really fun to play though his quite bad.
b) I don't like many characters new appeal (for example Link, Falco, Fox)
c) I kinda wanted Megaman, Krystal and Bowser Junior to be in Brawl... :p

10. Camping (not spamming, projectile spamming in melee takes actually more skill)

Well, I could add some more things to this list but this covers the most of the reasons why I prefer melee.

I don't like brawl but luckily I can always play melee, it's not like the game is going to get old or disappear :)

Cheese

Patpen14

Smash Rookie
The fact that Megaman and K. Rool aren't in make me really sad.

Come on - they'd be perfect.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
moar characters n stages
people are too slow
why didn't they add megaman??? :(
tripping...GGRRR
silly edges, not that big of a problem usually, but still frustrating when i get gimped
music should not be preset on each stage, i wanna play live and learn on FD lol

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
1. No combos no easy combos, but you can still combo

2. No melee's technical aspect (lack of "challenge") agreed

3. Slowness/Floatiness it makes you get juggled easier but I like being able to attack off stage

4. Due all of the things above; no "****" feeling (the feeling you get when comboing someone timing everything perfectly)
I still get that feeling but no as much as in melee
5. Not enough stages (for example, what ever happened to Fountain of Dreams or Kirbys Dreamland? I loved those stages)YES! YES! and dedede derserves his own stage, the dedede ring would pwn.

6. Stupid story mode (yeah, I think SSE is completely useless, you beat it once and after that it feels like a waste of time. I can't believe Sakurai put some much effort into it)YES! YES!

7. Waiting such a long time the game to be released in Europe and realizing that melee is actually better.
I play brawl for thewi-fi but yeah, melee was overall better.
8. Lack of competitiviness, to me brawl is just a party gameNot around here. lol.

9. a) Personally, I miss Roy, his my sec in melee and really fun to play though his quite bad.
b) I don't like many characters new appeal (for example Link, Falco, Fox)
c) I kinda wanted Megaman, Krystal and Bowser Junior to be in Brawl... :p

bowser jr would be awesome. and you forgot geno.

10. Camping (not spamming, projectile spamming in melee takes actually more skill)
ye

Well, I could add some more things to this list but this covers the most of the reasons why I prefer melee.

I don't like brawl but luckily I can always play melee, it's not like the game is going to get old or disappear :)

Crackers

the bold is what he said.

Mega Man X 2001

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mega_Man_X_2001
3DS FC
2582-8811-1719
My complaint and solution...

My complaint is that why did Nintendo not put in Mega Man Original and X? But, here is the solution, Wii Pay & Play. It basically means that you can still play online for free on SSBB, but you have to pay for the updates of either new stages or characters.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
the only thing i'm sick of is everyone who wants melee 2.0, and the crappy online.

but that's it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
My complaint is that why did Nintendo not put in Mega Man Original and X? But, here is the solution, Wii Pay & Play. It basically means that you can still play online for free on SSBB, but you have to pay for the updates of either new stages or characters.
DLC (Downloadable Content) isn't happening for Brawl, Sakurai announced it.

the only thing i'm sick of is everyone who wants melee 2.0, and the crappy online.

but that's it.
Anything but Brawl would be preferable, in all honesty. If we got Melee 2.0 anyways, I'm sure no one would complain except for the over 9000 idiots that think that Wavedashing/L-Canceling/all other ATs from Melee were glitches and were unfair. And honestly, those people are, as I stated before, idiots.

And I don't think there have been that many people asking for Melee 2.0. It's more that everyone who likes Brawl over Melee puts words in the mouths of Melee supporters, that they want Melee 2.0. It's just that Brawl has so many issues with it that we hate it. Something similar to Melee would be nice, but we'd not be opposed to something different. Just not Brawl (a.k.a. uncompetitive) different.

My complaint: Brawl noobs who think they know everything about Melee (like it was all about learning to wavedash and nothing else) and put words in Melee supporter's mouths.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I like Brawl more than Melee, but I do have a few complaints:

-Balance Issues (Snake and MK are broken beyond belief)
-Tripping
-Wi-fi lag

thats really it... i actually like the absence of long hitstun. That makes the game rely more on mindgames and predicting your opponents moves. Which is IMO the best part of SSB.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Brawl is very fun and kind of competitive. One of thefew things i like from the VERY long battlea brawl has...is that it adds some suspense in the end...BUT that is if the players wants to make the battle interesting, otherwise... it becomes a campfest/spamfest boring as hell.

The game sadly lacks the difficulty and skill factor melee had. Also i think that overall snake is way more broken than sheik ever was. At least sheik had some very tough match ups against the top tiers and others few....on the other hand snake is almost magnanimous now.

I play brawl....and A LOT... but mainly because melee is something from the past that just a few play ocassionally.

In summary, yeah i miss the good old times...

iluvjisung

Smash Cadet
moar characters n stages
people are too slow
why didn't they add megaman??? :(
tripping...GGRRR
silly edges, not that big of a problem usually, but still frustrating when i get gimped
music should not be preset on each stage, i wanna play live and learn on FD lol

TRIPPING ******* SUCKS~!
I have like no idea why they added it...

Tenki

Smash Hero
TRIPPING ******* SUCKS~!
I have like no idea why they added it...
Had a friend over and just for the heck of it we tried to do team Intense Boss Battles.

As Tabuu started doing the Off Waves (1hitkillattack), he tripped.

gg. :(

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Yeah no matter how I look at it, I think tripping was just a downright stupid thing to put in there. All the rationalization or defense I hear about it not being so bad usually falls into these categories:
-It hasn't screwed -me- up yet personally so that means it's not a bad inclusion
-Cry moar/It's in there already so there's no point in complaining about it etc, even if you make the smallest and most inoffensive gripe about it because no one should ever be allowed to do that right?
-lol they're enforcing the casual
-Adapt to it n00b

All of which just really dodge the complaint, and the idea of "adapting" to something completely random that you can't take measures to try and prevent is beyond delusional. They don't disprove that it's not bad so much as rationalize how to deal with it. But you know, you can deal with a crappy manager at work but that doesn't magically make them not crappy. It's useless, it can potentially screw up anyone indiscriminantly...no matter how much or little you play the game. It's only purpose is just...intentional bad game programming.

It's one of the most nonsensical things I've ever seen anyone put into a video game. It really does seem like it was a troll tactic, something Sakurai and co put in one day for kicks while drunk.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
The one thing that bothers me the most is the changes to Samus. She was my second in Melee, and not even in my top five in Brawl. Worst of all is how her bombs do not damage on contact; that was the basis of my strategy, why I was so good with her before.

I also do not care for tripping. It gets in the way.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Pretty much like everyone else:
-The online is epic fail: I mean couldn't they have added a lobby or something? Maybe a user name to show who's playing, it's not like any personal info is at stake. The whole friend code thing is outdated and limits things by so much. Also, why no voice chat?

-The tripping. No good can come of this...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I play brawl....and A LOT... but mainly because melee is something from the past that just a few play ocassionally.

In summary, yeah i miss the good old times...
Screw the masses, screw conformity, screw the phrase "Out with the old, in with the new". If you like Melee more, you should play it -- if you really want to play Brawl anyways I wouldn't tell you otherwise, but from that it sounds like you're playing Brawl just because most everyone else is, and you should not do that. This isn't an attack, this is me honestly telling you for your own good not to conform just to conform.

I say, "Out with the new, in with the old". I should sig that or something, it's got to be the phrase that applies to me the most.

It's one of the most nonsensical things I've ever seen anyone put into a video game. It really does seem like it was a troll tactic, something Sakurai and co put in one day for kicks while drunk.
No one seems to understand that this was completely purposeful and this is what Sakurai's ideals are. In a sober mindset, he'd still say that tripping is great and probably add it 20 more times if he had the chance. Or rig it to make it less random and more targeting of the winner -- the winner would trip 2x as much as normal, the loser 1/2x as much. I wouldn't put it past him (hell, I'd do anything to avoid getting the idea within miles of him) to do that in SSB4 if he works on it.

The one thing that bothers me the most is the changes to Samus. She was my second in Melee, and not even in my top five in Brawl. Worst of all is how her bombs do not damage on contact; that was the basis of my strategy, why I was so good with her before.
Not that I haven't said this/agreed with this a million times over the entirety of my time here at SmashBoards (or even just in this thread), but...agreed.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
1)Tripping- Ruins the fun
2)It's stupid to have all 3 space animals to have the the same final smash (Falco hates landmaster and Wolf doesn't even own a landmaster, yet he summons one. I don't understand why sakurai did this). Same goes to Lucas and Ness, Zelda and Sheik, Link and Toon Link.
3)Masterpieces are just lame, they should put demos on the wii shop channel and focus on getting more characters and stages in the game (and Online, which I'll will get to).
4)Mario Bros. stage is stupid and I hate it SO much. Same goes for New Pork City, 75m, and Port Aero Dive.
5)Online has failed miserably. Not because of voice chat, leaderboards or playin with anyone doesn't give you any info (everyone face it, it's Nintendo, they want to make it safe for kids. I can accept that). The real problem is the lag. WAKE UP NINTENDO AND FIX YOUR STUPID ONLINE PROBLEMS. (Mario Kart Wii is an exception)

Everything else is fine to me.

Michael64

Smash Rookie
well ...

i hate the random n00bz saying that they can own any body just cause brawl isnt a as complex game as melee(they wouldnt dare say anything if it was melee), TRIPPING IS FREAKING GAY!!! and metanight is to good... thats about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom