• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Hunter52

Smash Cadet
ya these are all the little thigs that bug me about brawl.
1. when you have more then 5 names saved, you have to travel all the way down(it would be really simple to just hit up onece and be there.) to find your name because they decided to organize them from last entered to first entered. and you cant just re enter your name.

2. wall jumping is pointless becasus you cant double wall jump off the same wall, and all nutral stages in vs mode made it impossible to wall jump lower then you up b would allow you to grab the ledge so up b is faster and easyer to get the ledge. walljump = annoying.

3. snake is gay

4. pit can reflect everything (like ness/lucas' up b) ((while mario's cape can't)) and even if it dose not refelct his shild blocks all attacks from that direction, and even if he shilds the wrong way he has invinsible frames so it dosent matter.

5. pit's shild turns around mario's cape

6. pit can wall jump effectively (o wait...he cant) but his 4 jumps plus glide plus up b makes up for it.

7.olimars up b wont grab the ledge even if you hit the person holding the ledge and/or stage spike them. and there is an enormis amount of lag time for the lag from his up b to go away so he can acually get the ledge after using his one stalling technic( up b) while pit/mk/snake/sonic/more can just go under the stage and travel to the other side to get up. (all other characters can stall till invinsible fraves can go away or grab ledge after they hit the opponent off.) ((ivisoar is a pokemon and can change pokemon so its not as annoying)) (((zss is hot)))

8. snake is gay

9. mk has invincible frames standing up from his up b. and or no lag if attacking right before hitting the ground.

10. online sucks!!!!!!!!111!!!!!111one!!!! but i guess its fun sometimes? really i would rather play halo online and i dont even like that game, but its easyer to play on becasue that game works with lag better then brawl dose. not even the artifishal mele online lagged that much. and meele was more technical.

11. i dont like it when ppl compare meele to brawl, (i only did it to prove that some junk linked to a pc works better then wii online) they are different games! thats like me saying stop complainign about loosing in mortal combat you never loose in marval vs capcom. there different games get over it.

12. D^3 can inf 5 or so different characters, (i mean really? you worked hard not to let mario chain throw anymore but D^3 can? maybe they didnt even care both ways thought.) i can understand how the marth vs lucas and ness thing was an accident but D^3 can chain grabb all but like 4 characters.

13. snake is gay

just added

14. ya ppl who look at the joinded date on smashboards and be like "see thats how you konw he knows nothing" (i just made a new account for your information.) but ya sure call me and " 08er"

Corigames

Smash Hero
11. i dont like it when ppl compare meele to brawl, (i only did it to prove that some junk linked to a pc works better then wii online) they are different games! thats like me saying stop complainign about loosing in mortal combat you never loose in marval vs capcom. there different games get over it.
First of all, learn some grammar. It's hard to read some posts here on SWF, especially when you grew up on phonics, and yours is no exception.

Secondly, no. There is a reason to compare the two because they are direct sequels. It's not like comparing two different franchises or genres, it's the same franchise doing the same genre! You should compare them. It's actually the best comparison; the old verses the new and such is a great way to see if a game series has gotten worse.

They are two different things, but so is everything else in the world. I guess we can't compare Earth to Mars, tigers to lions, gas power and electrical, etc. They re all similar, but are very, very comparable. Get over it.

14. ya ppl who look at the joinded date on smashboards and be like "see thats how you konw he knows nothing" (i just made a new account for your information.) but ya sure call me and " 08er"
You know why people do that? I'll give you a hint. Here it comes:

It's mostly true!

When you see someone going on and on about how great Brawl is and how it's perfect, completely balanced, no character is useless, every mode is great, no character is better than any other, blah blah blah, it just feeds that self perpetuating "n00bs are n00bs" feeling. They argue about what they don't know which, in turn, makes them look dumb for saying it, let alone arguing it to the death. That's not even the half of it though, because most will admit that they weren't good at Melee or didn't attempt to play it competitively. At least the Melee vets tried both before coming to a conclusion.

If you are new, I don't expect much. I won't say anything to you if you are reading and putting in what little input you have to give. When a new person starts mouthing off, spreading gossip, arguing with a veteran, or debating what something should or should not be based of their experience, or lack there of, it is beyond frustrating. YOU ARE NEW. You are here to learn. Try it. It works.

Slyde

Smash Cadet
No complaints here, best game iv ever played. But i don't like King Dedede he can really piss me off especially when someone spams his quick slams. But yeah great game

Stroupes

Smash Lord
You know why people do that? I'll give you a hint. Here it comes:

It's mostly true!

When you see someone going on and on about how great Brawl is and how it's perfect, completely balanced, no character is useless, every mode is great, no character is better than any other, blah blah blah, it just feeds that self perpetuating "n00bs are n00bs" feeling. They argue about what they don't know which, in turn, makes them look dumb for saying it, let alone arguing it to the death. That's not even the half of it though, because most will admit that they weren't good at Melee or didn't attempt to play it competitively. At least the Melee vets tried both before coming to a conclusion.

If you are new, I don't expect much. I won't say anything to you if you are reading and putting in what little input you have to give. When a new person starts mouthing off, spreading gossip, arguing with a veteran, or debating what something should or should not be based of their experience, or lack there of, it is beyond frustrating. YOU ARE NEW. You are here to learn. Try it. It works.

I don't completely agree with the whole "new to the boards, new to Smash" thing. If that's what you're getting at.
I've been playing since the original came out. I made an account on here like 2 days ago. That doesn't imply at ALL that I am any less skilled than someone who made an account on here back in '04.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Even without L-canceling Falcon, Samus and Ganondorf were decent, in Brawl they are terrible. With Samus I stopped using missiles because they don't have enough knockback, bombs are worthless as combo breakers [they don't explode on contact anymore], several of her tilts and smashes were also nerfed to the point of being useless.

Ganondorf just got a whole lot slower and weaker all around just like Falcon, there's no two ways about it, these characters got the worst of the nerf bomb and no matter how you spin it they are a lot worst than they used to be.
I won't dispute that, but their changes imply that you should play differently, or use other moves, at the least. They aren't the best characters, but it's not as impossible to win with them as long as you don't play along the same style (common move usage, mindset) you had in Melee. It's annoying when people complain about not being able to KO at 100% with a character that has the ability to build it to 150+ easily.

As for Ganon, he does have some redeeming qualities, like his tilts and side special. Take characters for what they are right now, srsly.

Any further and I'll go into a metagame/matchup tangent, so on that note...

Missiles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ5NL8Gr1Ig
lol Metroid.

Xtra

Smash Ace
Wow...you must suck, well I guess this IS the places where people like you would be posting...
obviously u dont understand the nature of this post. they took all the good tech. skill out. it really doesn't require that much to be good at the game anymore. ever heard the term "less competetive"?

Super S bros brawl

Smash Cadet
how can anyone complain its the best game ever its not out where i am but i have seen and played it and it rox you are so silly thinking there is something wrong with it

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
obviously u dont understand the nature of this post. they took all the good tech. skill out. it really doesn't require that much to be good at the game anymore. ever heard the term "less competetive"?
If that's true, then go forth and win every tournament. Just like Melee it doesn't take much to be good, but takes a lot to be excellent.

Corigames

Smash Hero
If that's true, then go forth and win every tournament. Just like Melee it doesn't take much to be good, but takes a lot to be excellent.
That's easy to say. What he's saying is ANYONE can win. So you could sit back and say, "go forth and win every tournament," but that doesn't mean someone who just picked up Metaknight isn't going to beat him. In melee, it took a lot to be good. In Brawl... do you have any fingers on your hand? Yeah, you are good. To be excellent in Brawl, right now, you have to know how to play the character select screen. That's fun.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That's easy to say. What he's saying is ANYONE can win. So you could sit back and say, "go forth and win every tournament," but that doesn't mean someone who just picked up Metaknight isn't going to beat him. In melee, it took a lot to be good. In Brawl... do you have any fingers on your hand? Yeah, you are good. To be excellent in Brawl, right now, you have to know how to play the character select screen. That's fun.
This is so terribly wrong it's not even funny.

Please, go play somebody outside of your group of friends, preferably in an actual tournament.

The term 'rude awakening' should apply well here.

ShaolinAce

Smash Ace
Tripping. I hate tripping. Other than that nothing much really. I hate pit, his forward b is so annoiying. It's sounds, looks and everything. Especially when peaple use it over and over again.

Corigames

Smash Hero
This is so terribly wrong it's not even funny.

Please, go play somebody outside of your group of friends, preferably in an actual tournament.

Or maybe I did, and I was reffering to that case because it fricken happened to me. I beat the guy that got second place at that tournament, but got beat by a scrub that had played the game earlier that day and had learned that pressing lots of buttons on MK means you win.

Shut your mouth. You don't know everything, especially when it comes to MY experiences. When you do possess infinite knowledge, come back and get in contact with me.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Or maybe I did, and I was reffering to that case because it fricken happened to me. I beat the guy that got second place at that tournament, but got beat by a scrub that had played the game earlier that day and had learned that pressing lots of buttons on MK means you win.

Shut your mouth. You don't know everything, especially when it comes to MY experiences. When you do possess infinite knowledge, come back and get in contact with me.

You losing to a bad Meta Knight and beating the person who got second place do not in any way have correlations to relative skill. It's possible that he had easy matchups right up to the last match, with people even worse than him.

If anything, this means that you're bad and that the person you beat was even worse. It says nothing about Brawl. Lern2statistics. Two matches does not an argument make.

To stay on topic, I hate random super armor moves. I'm thinking Olimar's b-down here.

Corigames

Smash Hero
You losing to a bad Meta Knight and beating the person who got second place do not in any way have correlations to relative skill. It's possible that he had easy matchups right up to the last match, with people even worse than him.

If anything, this means that you're bad and that the person you beat was even worse. It says nothing about Brawl. Lern2statistics. Two matches does not an argument make.
Then by your logic, the one match I was talking about could be a statistical anomoly. It goes both ways jack ***.

And the person that got second is also second on the Power Rankings for the state. So, an '08 member an argument does not make.

M.K

Level 55
BRAWL is FUN!

Too bad there are SO many people complaining about it. How about this, don't try and make other people believe what you think, and play the game YOU like to play.

Skybent

Smash Cadet

To stay on topic, I hate random super armor moves. I'm thinking Olimar's b-down here.
im not involved in this argument but... why dont you prove your logic? why dont you prove that brawl isnt nerfed? why dont you prove its still as competitive as melle was? you got more than 2 matches that prove that? i dont think so. cuz there is so much randomness a 6 year old could press buttons and learn that falling off the stage is bad... and win... so much.

to be on topic. i hate tripping. like everyone else. annnndd that they made edgehogging much easier. and everything else much easier.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
- I miss combos
- I miss edgeguarding
-To win, you have to play like a <insert string of derogatory adjectives here> shield-camping jerk. I play my friends with a style where I can play and have a bit of fun (still not as much as melee), and then when I start losing, I start camping and start winning. But it's so boring, it's not fun to play like that at all. But I hate losing (I haven't lost to one of my school friends in a 1v1 match yet), so I'm stuck between 2 sucky options.
-Tripping. Yup, a mechanic that exists solely as a medium for Sakurai to stick his middle finger up at the competitive community.
-This game feels like rock paper scissors. Grab beats shield, ftilt beats grab, shield to ftilt beats ftilt. That, and it seems like all the characters have a TON of trouble with a couple characters, and the pwn other characters.
- They ruined my favorite stage, Pokemon Stadium T.T
-Some people want to play this game over melee. So annoying. Well, they usually want to go to melee or a different game besides brawl when they experience my campy tactics.
-What were the developers thinking. They go to all the trouble to take out wavedashing, but then add even more broken stuff like REALLY EASY chain grabbing and REALLY EASY sweet-spotting.

PK_Earthbound

Smash Rookie
- I hate the perfect timing in CPUs. Every time I get KO'd by one, I freaking feel like I suck. Not to mention a LOT of times they just run away and perfect dodge/shield, then go on the offensive when you try chasing them.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I know this is a complaint thread, but you're so wrong that this isn't even funny.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know this is a complaint thread, but you're so wrong that this isn't even funny.
Well, eventhough I'm sure you read that and felt the need to immediately respond right away, if you had read a little bit further, you would see that that statement was based off a true story... that happened to me.

So unless you are saying that experiences can be wrong... your ignorance isn't even funny.

M.K

Level 55
By saying that you had a bad experience with the game, therefore making the game easy to win with no skill involved....

....you basically insulted all of us here. So, yes, hippochinfat!! has every right to post his feelings. Why would this place even exist, hell, why would competition exist if skill wasn't needed to win?

Your post was fail. Your experience was fail. Sore Loser, that's all I have to say.

Anyways, I really hate how the opponent targets YOU for Final Smashes in a 4-player match.. I mean, it is REALLY annoying to see Mario bypass Sonic and Snake to jump up and hit ME with Mario Finale. It is also annoying to watch two CPU's fight after they have knocked you out of the stock match, because they BARELY EVEN TOUCH EACH OTHER. God ****, it's so annoying that I stopped watching after I died and just reset.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh, well I guess I'll just shut up since some little prick told me I failed. ****, and I wanted to keep going; I guess I'll see you guys around.

Yeah, remeber when I said that I hate that scrub... oh wait.
Ramember when I said I was the best at this game... oh wait.
I said there was absolutely no skill in Brawl... oh wait.

1. I'm not a sore loser. I shook the guys hand and walked away without saying a word. That's how AZ rolls. If you are too immature to do something like that, don'timprint your own flaws onto other people.

2. Like I give a **** if I insulted anyone here. I don't care. Go cry. Do it.

3. I don't like Brawl. Brawl sucks. Most of the game is in picking your character. You stil have to know some of your stuff in order to get through, but it's next to nothing.

No, I didn't do well IN the tournament. Metaknight is a beast. He lacks mostly any skill to play, just like most of Brawl. I play Pit, also low on the skill table. Hu... kinda funny how the best characters in the game require little of that, eh?

Complaint: Assumptuous pricks.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I fully endorse coreygames's post. I was able to pick up snake and 3 stock all my freinds in 1v1's (who play the game a lot and are pretty good) after having never played as snake more than 2-3 times outside of Subspace. All I did was imitate what I saw in a PC Chris vs Cort (both playing as snake) Video. That's just not right. Seriously, there's something wrong when you can beat experience through dumb campy tactics without ANY practice. There's no way you can say high-level Brawl takes even close to 1/10 of the skill high-level melee takes.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
slartibartfast42 said:
There's no way you can say high-level Brawl takes even close to 1/10 of the skill high-level melee takes.
But I can say that Nikitas and high-kicks are way cooler than shines and space-furries.

Yeah, Snake's broken. So don't play as him.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
ya ppl who look at the joinded date on smashboards and be like "see thats how you konw he knows nothing" (i just made a new account for your information.) but ya sure call me and " 08er"
1. well, let's take a look here:

who are the people on this page arguing for Brawl/praising Brawl?

Slyde

Super S bros brawl

Thiocyanide

Meta-Kirby

hippochinfat!!

See the trend? All the people who support Brawl are the ones who joined during the time Brawl was being hyped up! You don't see hardened melee veterans supporting brawl. You won't just find this here, you'll find this trend to be generally prevalent throughout this entire board and beyond.

Sorry, but you are the victim of a almost always true stereotype.

I don't completely agree with the whole "new to the boards, new to Smash" thing. If that's what you're getting at.
I've been playing since the original came out. I made an account on here like 2 days ago. That doesn't imply at ALL that I am any less skilled than someone who made an account on here back in '04.
It's not "New to the boards, New to smash", it's "New to the boards, n00b at smash". I have a question: How do you get good at super smash bros? The answer is, go to tournaments with good people. How do you go to tournaments with good people? See the tournament on smashboards. Can you view tournament listings without having an account? No. Those who have recent join dates haven't gone to tournaments and thereby are inexperienced scrubs at super smash bros. Now, there are exceptions to this (you could go to tournaments with friends who have smashboards accounts, play really good people who you happen to know, etc.), but if you are new to the boards, you have a MUCH smaller chance of having skill than someone who has been here a while.

M.K

Level 55
Oh, well I guess I'll just shut up since some little prick told me I failed. ****, and I wanted to keep going; I guess I'll see you guys around.

Yeah, remeber when I said that I hate that scrub... oh wait.
Ramember when I said I was the best at this game... oh wait.
I said there was absolutely no skill in Brawl... oh wait.

1. I'm not a sore loser. I shook the guys hand and walked away without saying a word. That's how AZ rolls. If you are too immature to do something like that, don'timprint your own flaws onto other people.

2. Like I give a **** if I insulted anyone here. I don't care. Go cry. Do it.

3. I don't like Brawl. Brawl sucks. Most of the game is in picking your character. You stil have to know some of your stuff in order to get through, but it's next to nothing.

No, I didn't do well IN the tournament. Metaknight is a beast. He lacks mostly any skill to play, just like most of Brawl. I play Pit, also low on the skill table. Hu... kinda funny how the best characters in the game require little of that, eh?

Complaint: Assumptuous pricks.
What a rude overreaction. If you don't like Brawl, why exactly are you here?

1. well, let's take a look here:

who are the people on this page arguing for Brawl/praising Brawl?

Slyde

Super S bros brawl

Thiocyanide

Meta-Kirby

hippochinfat!!

See the trend? All the people who support Brawl are the ones who joined during the time Brawl was being hyped up! You don't see hardened melee veterans supporting brawl. You won't just find this here, you'll find this trend to be generally prevalent throughout this entire board and beyond.

Sorry, but you are the victim of a almost always true stereotype.

It's not "New to the boards, New to smash", it's "New to the boards, n00b at smash". I have a question: How do you get good at super smash bros? The answer is, go to tournaments with good people. How do you go to tournaments with good people? See the tournament on smashboards. Can you view tournament listings without having an account? No. Those who have recent join dates haven't gone to tournaments and thereby are inexperienced scrubs at super smash bros. Now, there are exceptions to this (you could go to tournaments with friends who have smashboards accounts, play really good people who you happen to know, etc.), but if you are new to the boards, you have a MUCH smaller chance of having skill than someone who has been here a while.
Hmm, well, I enjoy the game. I hope that isn't a bad thing, because if it is, I guess I've a gulty concious. Well, I completely agree that Brawl has a smaller learning curve, but I'm willing to go with the flow and see how the community carries it through these rough waters. Is it a bad thing to like Melee over Brawl? Certainly not, but my Join date shouldn't indicate that I have some sort of sterotyped opinion.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
^^^^^

read the topic title, we're here to complain.

EDIT: sorry if my recent posts feel abrasive, but it's late and I just got back from a party where I was forced to play brawl... Yeah, I know lots of people have it much worse off, but I'm still annoyed.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
how can anyone complain its the best game ever its not out where i am but i have seen and played it and it rox you are so silly thinking there is something wrong with it
Way to overlook obvious flaws like tripping that make Brawl look like Mario Party 9.

But I can say that Nikitas and high-kicks are way cooler than shines and space-furries.

Yeah, Snake's broken. So don't play as him.
You can't stop everyone from playing as Snake. I played as Snake before I knew how broken he was, I still do and I will continue to do so. Why? Because it's not my fault Sakurai and friends made a broken character.

Brawl is like Melee automatic. The game does everything for you or helps you do everything. Remember back in SSB64 and Melee that you actually had to -GASP- RECOVER to make it back to the stage? Brawl doesn't have that. You're guaranteed to make it back in Brawl because all you have to do is DI towards the stage like if some magnet pulls you there, and if you fall short you still have a jump and a recovery to ensure you make it back.

Speaking of magnets, remember when you actually had to MANUALLY sweet spot ledges or you'd get edgeguarded to death? Yeah, they took that too. Now any noob and his grandma can sweetspot. Making edgeguarding a waste of time and forces you to camp, spam or take him out with someone that has a god tier recovery like Pit or MK.

They also made jump canceling automatic, you just run and smash up, no problem, no skill required.

Now I know the first thing someone is gonna say "Why don't you just go play Melee" - I would, but I'm trying to lie to myself that buying a Wii was actually a GOOD decision. The reason I got a Gamecube was for Melee. Did it work out? Yes. 7 years later I was still playing it and several great games came out on the console even though it was a failure, with Brawl I feel like I have to stomach this diluted mess just so I can say I didn't get a big disappointment after waiting 2-3 years and watching it get delayed 2 times when in my opinion, this was the biggest disappointment Nintendo ever made [Did Europe even get this game yet? At least Microsoft made Halo 3 a worldwide release because they actually CARE about their fans]. So here I am, back on these boards with my Gamecube 2: Motion Sensing Edition that probably won't see another great game until 2009, which probably will turn out to be some casualized game because we all know Nintendo would rather have 1 billion people play ****ty games than have 10 million people play quality games.

/rant

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Red Exodus said:
You can't stop everyone from playing as Snake.
Maybe not in a tournament, but if you're that devoted, I say just suck it up and deal with it, or go play Melee.

Alternatively, you could just play Smash Bros. and lay down some house rules, such as "no Snake". Problem solved. Seriously, Brawl's a great game. It might not have hundreds of exploitable glitches strategic mechanics like Melee, but it does have A) more, balanced characters, B) better stages, and C) online play.

This is really very strange, to see so much hate directed at an amazing game because it's slightly more forgiving than the previous entry in the series...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That is arguable, I don't play as most of Brawl cast because them suck [most of them used to be my mains till they were nerfed to death, thanks Sakurai]. Imagine picking up this game all excited to see new great gameplay when your old mains were nerfed so bad you don't even need a tier list to tell you they suck. I love playing as several different characters but I probably don't even use over 7 because the rest are just a mess, compared to Melee where I would play at least 15 characters for fun.

Several of Brawl's stages I don't like, some are too big [New Pork, Mario Bros, 75m], some have these stupid instant kill hazards [the ICs stage, Mario bros, DK's scroll stage, New pork city, Falcon's stage], and some just plain suck [Hanenbow, worst stage ever]. So I find myself playing the same number or less stages than I did in Melee.

Online play works when it feels like, some days I can play, some days I can't even spectate and every day I can't play with everyone. Even when my friends are online I have no way of letting them know I want to fight. If they're fighting I can't reach them, if I want to join in I still can't reach them and I either have to hope someone joins a game I put up or hope someone makes a game and lets me in. Sometimes they don't let me in because they're playing someone in particular, in which case I have no idea of knowing thanks to Nintendo's/Sakurai idea of great online which doesn't even let you put a limit on how many people you want to enter a room.

Worst of all, I can't even play the game casually, the items plain suck. I risk my *** getting 2 dragoon parts and a computer knocks it out of me with 1 hit while I beat the computer to death [yes, they lose a stock in the process] and they don't drop it till they respawn? That is ****ty programming, same applies to smashballs. Even worse is when I want to put items on high and the max I get is like 3 pokeballs on one stage at any given time. Melee let you use at least 10 pokemon. I thought this was next-gen, shouldn't I be using like 20 pokemon? Assist trophies are terrible, they should call them Get-in-your-****ing-way-and-mess-up-the-whole-match-trophies instead, because last time I checked, blocking the screen with spam isn't assistance, moving the camera around [which doesn't affect the AI at all] isn't assistance, doing 10% damage and dying in 2 hits isn't assistance, so what's the point of me even turning the item on?

Then the other items work when they feel like, it's like "Oh look, a smart bomb, oh look, it did 1% damage and fell off the stage" and other times it blows up when someone coughs, real nice Mario Party touch.

I want to love this game but they just messed up everything even from a casual point of view.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That is arguable, I don't play as most of Brawl cast because them suck [most of them used to be my mains till they were nerfed to death, thanks Sakurai]. Imagine picking up this game all excited to see new great gameplay when your old mains were nerfed so bad you don't even need a tier list to tell you they suck. I love playing as several different characters but I probably don't even use over 7 because the rest are just a mess, compared to Melee where I would play at least 15 characters for fun.

Several of Brawl's stages I don't like, some are too big [New Pork, Mario Bros, 75m], some have these stupid instant kill hazards [the ICs stage, Mario bros, DK's scroll stage, New pork city, Falcon's stage], and some just plain suck [Hanenbow, worst stage ever]. So I find myself playing the same number or less stages than I did in Melee.

Online play works when it feels like, some days I can play, some days I can't even spectate and every day I can't play with everyone. Even when my friends are online I have no way of letting them know I want to fight. If they're fighting I can't reach them, if I want to join in I still can't reach them and I either have to hope someone joins a game I put up or hope someone makes a game and lets me in. Sometimes they don't let me in because they're playing someone in particular, in which case I have no idea of knowing thanks to Nintendo's/Sakurai idea of great online which doesn't even let you put a limit on how many people you want to enter a room.

Worst of all, I can't even play the game casually, the items plain suck. I risk my *** getting 2 dragoon parts and a computer knocks it out of me with 1 hit while I beat the computer to death [yes, they lose a stock in the process] and they don't drop it till they respawn? That is ****ty programming, same applies to smashballs. Even worse is when I want to put items on high and the max I get is like 3 pokeballs on one stage at any given time. Melee let you use at least 10 pokemon. I thought this was next-gen, shouldn't I be using like 20 pokemon? Assist trophies are terrible, they should call them Get-in-your-****ing-way-and-mess-up-the-whole-match-trophies instead, because last time I checked, blocking the screen with spam isn't assistance, moving the camera around [which doesn't affect the AI at all] isn't assistance, doing 10% damage and dying in 2 hits isn't assistance, so what's the point of me even turning the item on?

Then the other items work when they feel like, it's like "Oh look, a smart bomb, oh look, it did 1% damage and fell off the stage" and other times it blows up when someone coughs, real nice Mario Party touch.
...What this sounds like to me is that you should stop playing Smash Bros. and go pick up a really hardcore fighting game like Guilty Gear of Virtua Fighter.

Sure, certain characters were nerfed, but were you honestly anticipating a perfectly balanced game? Some stages do suck, but hey, there's always Stage Builder. Online Brawl is just how Nintendo does their online games right now--we all know it's not very good, but it's better than Melee's online, right?

The rest of your irks are, frankly, just nit-picking. If you hate the items, turn off those you hate.

I want to love this game but they just messed up everything even from a casual point of view.
Now I know you haven't ever actually played Brawl with three other friends for an entire night. This game is the funnest multiplayer experience of all time, in no small part due to the chaotic, random nature of the stages, items, and yes, even the occasional character.

But...that's just what I think. I'm sorry you feel this way about the game, and I'll say it again: if you don't like it, go back to Melee. Nothing you say will change the game, so just suck it up and get used to the flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom