• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Bros. Brawl Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Or stop going left and right crazily. However, that movement is annoying at times and I hope they'll get rid of that.

Supra_Proh

Smash Rookie
I really hate tripping, it gets really annoying and made me lose a few matches >.<. I also hate the SSE, it got really boring fast.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
I really hate tripping, it gets really annoying and made me lose a few matches >.<. I also hate the SSE, it got really boring fast.
I liked it better the first time, when it was called Kirby's Dreamland. Or, about half of all the Kirby games or more. Really, what a complete lack of innovation on Sakurai's part. All he did with SSE was reprove he only knows how to make 1 platformer, ever rehatched.

Roller

Smash Legend
64 friend limit is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo retarted. What could possibly have been their thought process in limiting friends to 64 as opposed to like 999?

I mean, just because the people at nintendo don't have many friends doesn't mean we dont....

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I think it's hilarious when people go on the complaint thread to defend Brawl. Why do you think we're here?

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
64 friend limit is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo retarted. What could possibly have been their thought process in limiting friends to 64 as opposed to like 999?

I mean, just because the people at nintendo don't have many friends doesn't mean we dont....
Nintendo just got owned!

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
The only reason to explain complaints are to explain what you hate about it.

I hate what they done to Smash.
Melee>Brawl
DJC Can attack while recovery
Wavedashes Taken out by changing the dodge feature
YYG Yo-yo has the same hitbox(likely), but the yo-yo doesn't touch the ground.
SWD Nerf'd the bombs a lot. A LOT.
Fast Pace Made the game unfair for noobs who don't want to do what others do(glitches).
JCG Since the grab button is an Abutton attack in the air, why not on the ground.
Crouchcanceling Should be used to crouch only. Replaced by the crawling(some characters only).
Dash canceling Should stop like real people, sliding on the ground.
Tripping PUNISHMENT FOR FINDING ALL OF THE GAMES GLITCHES AND MAKING IT LEGAL >:[

What they did to brawl is posted above, and there is likely more.

BJ Link Link's bombs shouldn't hit himself
BJ Samus Because of nerfed bombs, harder to bombjump, but still possible
Hookshot Tether for the nontechnical
Lowerlag To make some characters faster without changing all of the lag
If laggy online Lv9 CPU players can still give normal smashers some challange(not to me anyways)

And there are more!!!

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Brawl to me is like meeting your high school sweet heart, and falling in love. But now she is fat, whiny, and bloated. But you stay with her cause you still love her. Tough reality man. Tough...
I'll second that response. If it's CPUs would just stop targeting me this relationship would run a lot smoother....

I could careless about the other flaws people claim. I've come to the conclusion that this is really the only thing that I hate about this game. But I think I'll just keep practicing and deal with it....

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
The only thing good that Brawl accomplished was helping twelve year-olds beat their older brothers. At least now we don't have threads of them asking for help in every character board. >_>

veritron

Smash Cadet
1. The wifi mode is idiotic. There should have been a friend browser, in-game voice chat, estimates of how laggy playing a game with someone is supposed to get, etc. You should be able to meet people in FFA and get their friend codes, there should have been a leaderboard, etc. - I understand sakurai's rationale in not including those features, but ironically he killed the game for the casual player, because the 2 min FFA mode sucks ***, so the only people who actually use wii are the people in IRC who organize tournaments. ****ing brilliant.

2. I ****ing hate how the sticks interact when you do moves - if tap jump is off and you're holding the stick up, pressing c-stick up does an up-tilt. What the ****? Every so often having the stick pointed in a certain direction will make pressing the c-stick do unpredictable things (like accidentally spot dodging when I mean to do a down smash, why the **** should c-stick down EVER make you spotdodge?) and that sucks.

3. Buffering in this game is idiotic - sometimes I'll queue a couple of moves, get knocked into a position I didn't want to be, and then my D-air or a really laggy attack like Ike's nair will prevent me from grabbing the edge and I'll fall like a rock. **** that.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
If someone makes a stupid comment in this thread, it deserves a counter-point just as much as any other thread. Just because this is the designated "complaint thread" doesn't make it illogical to try to play devil's advocate. Sometimes people are just plain wrong and need to be notified so that they might consider changing their thinking.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That doesn't make it any smarter to challenge people's complaints especially since you don't know the whole reason to why they're complaining in the first place. For example, the guy that got beaten by his friend's 7 year old sister, he could have been playing with a bad character like Ganon for fun, he could have been playing with computers in a FFA, gotten ganged up on by them [don't deny it, the AI does this all the time] using final smashes and dragoons [the AI is best at getting these parts and using them, they knock them out of you in one hit while you combo them and they keep their parts till they die] and he could have been playing on a stage like F-zero where cars wipe you up when you have 40% damage.

Sure it's unlikely but if you play enough matches junk like this happens and there's nothing you can do. Now I'm not saying he's not lying or that he doesn't suck but it's just a suggestion.

Also, I've seen matches where one dude would taunt the whole match, not get killed, magically end up in sudden death and win.

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
The only disapointment I have about Brawl is that the Wi-Fi against anyone could have been better and the events lacked.....everything

Cardd

Smash Cadet
my complaint about brawl is all the dam complaing about how its not as pro as melee. But im not gonna go into that. No more wavedashing and L-canceling, yay! that makes it more even IMO. And don't say im a noob who doesn't know anything either cuz i could do all that ****.

I will agree the, i wish the events didn't suck so hard. but co op 21 was fun to beat.

O yeah tripping does completly suck though, what the hell where they thinking?
I think that tripping was punishment from nintendo because everyone esxploited all their programing mistakes in melee.

Other then that, i do think brawl is legendary.

Roller

Smash Legend
If someone makes a stupid comment in this thread, it deserves a counter-point just as much as any other thread. Just because this is the designated "complaint thread" doesn't make it illogical to try to play devil's advocate. Sometimes people are just plain wrong and need to be notified so that they might consider changing their thinking.
I agree. I don't want to share a point of view with complete morons. I absolutely despise it when morons side with me. They use the dumbest arguments possible and make it easier for the other side to attack my point of view.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
BRAWK SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE WAVEDASHING!

I think that summarizes most people's post about melee>brawl

Oh and my complaint is the same as Cardds'

GunMaster001

Smash Cadet
yeah

Does something about Brawl disappoint you? Do you want to vent about it? Well, we've been getting a surge of topics including many complaints about different aspects of Brawl, so instead of having the board continue to be 1/2 complaining topics, we can just have this thread. And you can also use this thread if you want to complain about the complainers. So complain your hearts out in this thread, people.

I personally only have 2 complaints about Brawl so far. The first is the lack of alternate costumes, which I think was a very highly requsted feature. The second is IF slipping is truly random, then that would have to be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a single game developer.

And thats all I have to complain about. Everything else about this game is simply legendary, and I still think its going to be one of the best Nintendo games of all time.
this is true, i agree with u about the whole tripping, every match i lose is because of tripping! im not even joking...... well almost every match... well i havent lost many to begin with *cough* *cough* (78-100) but u know anyways, so yeah....

GunMaster001

Smash Cadet
true that!

Does something about Brawl disappoint you? Do you want to vent about it? Well, we've been getting a surge of topics including many complaints about different aspects of Brawl, so instead of having the board continue to be 1/2 complaining topics, we can just have this thread. And you can also use this thread if you want to complain about the complainers. So complain your hearts out in this thread, people.

I personally only have 2 complaints about Brawl so far. The first is the lack of alternate costumes, which I think was a very highly requsted feature. The second is IF slipping is truly random, then that would have to be one of the dumbest decisions ever made by a single game developer.

And thats all I have to complain about. Everything else about this game is simply legendary, and I still think its going to be one of the best Nintendo games of all time.
this is true, i agree with u about the whole tripping, every match i lose is because of tripping! im not even joking...... well almost every match... well i havent lost many to begin with *cough* *cough* (78-100) but u know anyways, so yeah....

Drako Knight

Smash Cadet
It can save you (not really) about every 10,000-100,000 matches. It gives you brief immunity (very brief).

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Complaints: Push the person who thought of tripping off a building and shout "you must recover" (one of the many answers for "you know you've played too much brawl when_____")

What did they do to the captain falcon. His epicness is now overshadowed by crappiness.

Of all nintendo characters, why Pit?! I bet half of this site had never heard of "Kid Icarus" before brawl. i hadn't.

I wish sonic could have been better. I might have mained him, but he is just totally not my playstyle. If you're gonna add a third party character that people have been begging for, you should make him good. he is most popular among the 7-10 year old smash community who use him because "He has pretty blue spikes!" or "Because sonic is awesome! He is like, better than snake!"

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Not directly about Brawl, but I am annoyed at the large number of not directly related to Brawl Threads are closed by moderators. Unless there is a specific spot for threads concerning SmashBoards itself that I have failed to see, that is.

sTIMulant

Smash Apprentice
i think that tripping should never have been introduced theres no point and it can throw a match.
a game as competitive as brawl should not be subject to chance. period.

and why the f..k would they have nerfed the characters they did

samus,ganondorf,falco,

samus' blast was devastating in n64 it waxs taken down a peg in melee but this is rediculous.

it barley has any knockback at low percents. and samus used to be one of my best characters.

and ever since they got rid of l-cancel,wavedashing gandondorf is a lot less threatening

along with his array of mindgames they cut his speed and his damage.

falco,where do i start, his shine was screwed up this was one of my biggest complaints on him but ,and i know this isnt relavent, whats with the austrailian accent? never in any other star fox games was he a freakin aussie but nothing wrong with it he just wasnt.

i really dont care for lucario whaeres mewtwo?

hes like mewtwos ******** cousin. hes wicked slower and he gets stronger when you hurt him.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm bothered by how there are still people who think their veteran characters (most notably Falcon) should be played like their Melee counterparts.

THERE IS NO L-CANCELLING, SO IF THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT YOU NEEDED TO L-CANCEL FOR, DON'T FREAKIN USE THE PLAYSTYLE THAT RELIED ON IT.

@.@ really. Ganondorf players learned to use F-air sparingly/off-stage/as a finisher, instead of whatever it was used for in Melee.

As for CF, he doesn't have low knockback. In fact, it seems that his knockback on alot of attacks are increased. Does THAT sound like a combo character? NO. So don't expect to play him as one. It's like trying to use Ganondorf primarily as an off-stage gimper, and Sonic as a head-to-head combatant. If you are using these characters this way and losing, you're doing it wrong.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Once again, I am complaining about how even more of my threads were closed by moderators.

I think one was closed because I used the word clan instead of crew, and another because it had the potential to become a tourney.

mSlacker08

Smash Rookie
So i see now that anyone who has a less than amazing opinion of the game is secluded to the proverbial thread gutter with 50+ pages. I especially love it how moderators get the last word in while closing your thread. Well, have fun with this pseudo-competitive game and the continuing half-witted yes-no arguments or the reductio ad absurdums. Ima spend the rest of my smash days with my head berried under the sand of disillusionment.

Red Leader

Smash Rookie
i think that tripping should never have been introduced theres no point and it can throw a match.
a game as competitive as brawl should not be subject to chance. period.

and why the f..k would they have nerfed the characters they did

samus,ganondorf,falco,

samus' blast was devastating in n64 it waxs taken down a peg in melee but this is rediculous.

it barley has any knockback at low percents. and samus used to be one of my best characters.

and ever since they got rid of l-cancel,wavedashing gandondorf is a lot less threatening

along with his array of mindgames they cut his speed and his damage.

falco,where do i start, his shine was screwed up this was one of my biggest complaints on him but ,and i know this isnt relavent, whats with the austrailian accent? never in any other star fox games was he a freakin aussie but nothing wrong with it he just wasnt.

i really dont care for lucario whaeres mewtwo?

hes like mewtwos ******** cousin. hes wicked slower and he gets stronger when you hurt him.
Actually, his accent is really more out of downtown New York . . . like a light Brooklyn accent. I think it works with his cocky personality rather well.

NinjaDog251

Smash Rookie
i shall copmlain about this post and replay to it with some of my own words

I do have a bunch of complaints about brawl. I don't feel it was really worth it.

1. Wii-mote is terrible controller. No c-stick, hard to hold.
if u don't like it, then don't use it and let other people who can play with it, us it. (i kick my friends buts with it, but that's because i'm too uber for them. hehehe)
2. Wii-mote with nunchuck even worse. No c-stick, awkward to hold, jump button is inaccessible, as it is the same button as the shield. One must use the joystick to jump.
there's this amazing thing called changing the button configuation. just make the down d-pad jump, and u can turn tap jump off... then it's just like the gamecube controller (with a smidge more dificult c-stick)
9. SSE length. This is just ridiculous. This takes a very long time to do, AND its pretty much the only way to unlock all the characters. It takes approximately 5 hours to do. Classic mode and Adventure mode were decent, because it is actual Super Smash Brothers. In the SSE, there is no percentage, or anything like that. It's just attacking. Blatant. "Spamming". No skill involved, its really about attacks, pure attacks, which is not what Super Smash Brothers is all about.
sse is an amazing, beautiful adventure that is ridiculus on intense... and is one of the most awatied things from this game. and if u just want the characters, don't play this. just play for 2 hours instead with 450 stock matches with a flower on 1hp... hehehe

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
i shall copmlain about this post and replay to it with some of my own words
Complaint on a complaint...how original...

if u don't like it, then don't use it and let other people who can play with it, us it. (i kick my friends buts with it, but that's because i'm too uber for them. hehehe)
I believe he would know not to play with it and use a different kind of controller, but what if it's the only control he could use at the time? Wouldn't be a useful controller for him. Heck, even I couldn't handle well with a Wii-Remote. And by obvious reasons, your friends don't have the game and don't spend mass amount of time on something that's occasionally going to make them win anyway.

there's this amazing thing called changing the button configuation. just make the down d-pad jump, and u can turn tap jump off... then it's just like the gamecube controller (with a smidge more dificult c-stick)
Mostly true, but don't be surprised if it still doesn't work very well for him, especially when he's facing people online or at a local tournament and can't change his nametag till the end of the match.

sse is an amazing, beautiful adventure that is ridiculus on intense... and is one of the most awatied things from this game. and if u just want the characters, don't play this. just play for 2 hours instead with 450 stock matches with a flower on 1hp... hehehe
Aside from the flashy cutscenes and good boss battles, the whole concept of it is very repetitive. Believe me, beating up the same type of enemies gets old pretty quickly and some of the innovation to pass through levels is extremely small., if not, limiting Yeah, imagine that for doing it for more than 10 hours. It's very tiring and boring. Not to mention the Great Maze dried it out even more. Heck even my friend didn't even beaten it yet because it was just so boring of a mode.

However, SSE isn't terrible, but it seem like it's a game mode that Sakurai just slapped on Kirby Superstar with Smash Bros' magic (why does Tabuu have so many similarities with Marx? Hmmm...coincidence?). Also, didn't you mean Stamina-based matches with the opponents having 1HP? I guess that's another thing I should complain about this game is that getting the characters are extremely too easy. At least the first Smash Bros gave me a challenge. In one mode can unlock them all. T_T

Francolin

Smash Rookie
However, SSE isn't terrible, but it seem like it's a game mode that's seem slapped on Kirby's Adventure with Smash Bros' magic. Also, didn't you mean Stamina-based matches with the opponents having 1HP? I guess that's another thing I should complain about this game is that getting the characters are extremely too easy. At least the first Smash Bros gave me a challenge. In one mode can unlock them all. T_T
I see some people complaining about SSE being too much like kirby, but i don't see TOO many similarities
can you please elaborate a bit ? im not flaming : p

Tenki

Smash Hero
^^^Alot of the enemies are taken from Kirby games, and even Tabuu is just like this boss from Kirby:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=32TMLDPwokk

this aint a complaint(as you can see) but i dont know why my signature doesnt show. i go to edit signature and it says a code no. so...what do i do....[/QUOTE]

do [b][[/b]img]http://www.myimagesitehere.com/bleh/mysig.jpg if you want images in your sig.

If you mean that you have a sig but it's not showing, you have to start your replies with either of these buttons:

or go to the bottom and click "Show Signature" or Go Advanced.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm bothered by how there are still people who think their veteran characters (most notably Falcon) should be played like their Melee counterparts.

THERE IS NO L-CANCELLING, SO IF THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT YOU NEEDED TO L-CANCEL FOR, DON'T FREAKIN USE THE PLAYSTYLE THAT RELIED ON IT.

@.@ really. Ganondorf players learned to use F-air sparingly/off-stage/as a finisher, instead of whatever it was used for in Melee.

As for CF, he doesn't have low knockback. In fact, it seems that his knockback on alot of attacks are increased. Does THAT sound like a combo character? NO. So don't expect to play him as one. It's like trying to use Ganondorf primarily as an off-stage gimper, and Sonic as a head-to-head combatant. If you are using these characters this way and losing, you're doing it wrong.
Even without L-canceling Falcon, Samus and Ganondorf were decent, in Brawl they are terrible. With Samus I stopped using missiles because they don't have enough knockback, bombs are worthless as combo breakers [they don't explode on contact anymore], several of her tilts and smashes were also nerfed to the point of being useless.

Ganondorf just got a whole lot slower and weaker all around just like Falcon, there's no two ways about it, these characters got the worst of the nerf bomb and no matter how you spin it they are a lot worst than they used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom